Do you think that LeBron is still the best player in the world?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that LeBron is still the best player in the world?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 56 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 75 ]
Total Votes : 131

lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Last I checked he was:

28/8/8 on ~50% from the fields

Are you kidding me? Ya he just didn't give a F on defense but that was just because IMO he just knew it was a BS year.

He's still the best player in the world when he wants to be and second place is not even close. He is effectively Magic + Micheal in a 265 pound body.

Father time is undefeated though and I honestly think he's a serious injury away from falling off the face of the earth. While healthy though? No doubt.

Stats can lie. A better way is to watch the game.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:03 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Playoff Lebron is without a doubt the deadliest player in basketball, by a pretty decent margin. I couldn't care less about the best regular season player.

Last time we saw playoff Lebron was at age 33. A couple years makes a world of difference for athletes in their mid 30s. Hope he's still in there somewhere.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject:

Bruce LeBron... has a ring to it, or 2 or 3
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Playoff Lebron is without a doubt the deadliest player in basketball, by a pretty decent margin. I couldn't care less about the best regular season player.

Can he still activate playoff LeBron? To be seen. :fingers_crossed:

toffee wrote:
you can put four random guys with Lebron and he would easily beat any other NBA superstar also surrounded with four random guys.

(This vid is awesome. Not only can you use it to say "Oh, really?", it also includes a cat meme that says "Oh, really?" too. So it's like "Oh, really?" x2).

I'm not sure how this helps explain why we didn't make the playoffs over the Blazers/Spurs/Clippers and finished behind the Kings... anyway, I think we should slow down with the "best player" stuff and let LeBron (and AD) show it on the court. They've both had a year off now... and I really don't care if LeBron is or isn't the best player in the world, only that we are the best team and that he leads the team to the playoffs and hopefully a title (or two or three).

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

Kawhi cannot do half of what LeBron can do on the floor. He's pretty basic actually, just really athletic. Offensively, LeBron by a mile. The most Kawhi has ever scored is 45, and that was his best day. LeBron got 61 while backstroking.

Career Highs:
LeBron:
Rebounds: 19
Assists: 15
Steals: 7

Kawhi:
Rebounds: 17
Assists: 9
Steals: 7

Look at the comparison:
https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Kawhi-Leonard/Comparison/2256/LeBron-James/250

Now do you think LeBron at 34 is washed up? This is ridiculous.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

KL/PG on paper look fabulous, but both looked like the walking wounded towards the end of their respective seasons. PG's double shoulder surgeries (and he had a knee procedure last offseason) should be a bit concerning. KL, he's the man, but it was pretty obvious he was dragging that leg towards the end of the series. Should be interesting to see how they load manage.

They don't have anyone to set up that team on offense. It may be a "your turn, my turn" team with KL/PG.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

I mean, at any given moment sure. Will be a very interesting year.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
If someone told you, you had to trade Lebron ... right now ... and whoever you traded him for would leave in 2 years no matter what...

Who would you trade him for?

hmm... I would say nobody

That’s my thought too.

Surprised there are people who would ship off Lebron for 2 years of Jimmy Butler.

Ok, well, no I’m not.

If we're still doing this, I might go with Harden.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
If someone told you, you had to trade Lebron ... right now ... and whoever you traded him for would leave in 2 years no matter what...

That’s my thought too.

Surprised there are people who would ship off Lebron for 2 years of Jimmy Butler.

Ok, well, no I’m not.

Steph Curry. We aren't going to necessarily win, but would be fun to watch.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Not even the best player on the team. Kawhi, Giannis, Harden, Durant (pre-Achilles), and Anthony Davis have all surpassed him. (I'd still put him above Curry though.)

Being the fifth best player in the league at his age/mileage is still extremely impressive though. The guys he came into the league with (Wade/Bosh/Carmelo) are all either retired or fringe players.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Roon wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That’s my thought too.

Ok, well, no I’m not.

Yeah I mulled that over too. Went with the bigger/better D, lol, guy. Curry is more fun to watch for sure.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

The guy doesn't play a lick of defense. KD, Kawhi and Giannis are much better than he is.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
Roon wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That’s my thought too.

Ok, well, no I’m not.

Yeah I mulled that over too. Went with the bigger/better D, lol, guy. Curry is more fun to watch for sure.

Harden is undoubtedly a beast offensively. His lack of effort defensively and playing style (flopping on non-contact) would make me lose my mind. I can't root for that.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
One thing about Kawhi ... about 100 doctors diagnosed him with tendonopathy (even though he didn't want to believe it). The thing about this injury is that it will never get better. Kawhi was playing through pain in the post season despite being load managed the entire year, and he'll have to play through that pain and be load managed for the rest of his career. He did not look real good at the end of the post season (limping).

Anyone want to take any bets on how long he'll last as one of the top players in the NBA?

I desperately wanted us to sign KL . . . but I also had doubts about his durability.

Those are the number of games Kawhi has missed each season. I could easily see him going through a Grant Hill-esque injury phase.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
drae wrote:
One thing about Kawhi ... about 100 doctors diagnosed him with tendonopathy (even though he didn't want to believe it). The thing about this injury is that it will never get better. Kawhi was playing through pain in the post season despite being load managed the entire year, and he'll have to play through that pain and be load managed for the rest of his career. He did not look real good at the end of the post season (limping).

Anyone want to take any bets on how long he'll last as one of the top players in the NBA?

I desperately wanted us to sign KL . . . but I also had doubts about his durability.

Those are the number of games Kawhi has missed each season. I could easily see him going through a Grant Hill-esque injury phase.
To be fair, Anthony Davis hasn't played a full 82 game season since he came into the league. Also concerning.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
To be fair, Anthony Davis hasn't played a full 82 game season since he came into the league. Also concerning.

True, but AD doesn't have an irreversible degenerative leg condition.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

The goal posts in this thread are all over the place
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:

The goal posts in this thread are all over the place

This is undoubtedly your expert opinion as you are the expert goal post mover.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
trablos wrote:

Last time we saw playoff Lebron was at age 33. A couple years makes a world of difference for athletes in their mid 30s. Hope he's still in there somewhere.

And he had already given up playing defense at 33.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
trablos wrote:

Last time we saw Lebron in the playoffs was one year and one month ago, when he put up 35-9-10 in the finals against Golden State.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Not even the best player on the team. Kawhi, Giannis, Harden, Durant (pre-Achilles), and Anthony Davis have all surpassed him. (I'd still put him above Curry though.)

Being the fifth best player in the league at his age/mileage is still extremely impressive though. The guys he came into the league with (Wade/Bosh/Carmelo) are all either retired or fringe players.

No way that any of those four players is better than Lebron, just no way.

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis
4. Curry
5. Harden
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I completely disagree. In what way have any of these surpassed him? He put up more numbers more efficiently than all of them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

Why are we putting in KD? He just tore his Achilles. Let him climb back up as he's nowhere near the top right now due to injury.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

toffee wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis
4. Curry
5. Harden

KD
Embiid
Leonard
PG13 are all better.

You can make an argument for Jokic and all the combo guards in the NBA as well
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
toffee wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Giannis
4. Curry
5. Harden

KD
Embiid
Leonard
PG13 are all better.

You can make an argument for Jokic and all the combo guards in the NBA as well

KD - maybe if healthy he's 2nd best, but he was never better than Lebron, never
Embiid - no way in hell
Leonard - no
PG13 - no, no, no
Jokic - lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: