The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1144, 1145, 1146 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
Initiate Project: Kobe-Shaq

1. AD carries the Lakers the first 3 quarters while Lebron cruises
2. Lebron kills it in the 4th

Speaking of.

With LBJ/AD/Boogie, I think we will get teams into foul trouble rather quickly. Hopefully we have one of them on the court during all 48 minutes of the game.

And now we actually have guys who can hit free throws!

That drove me so crazy. So glad I don't have to see any more FT bricks from Zo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:

Speaking of.

With LBJ/AD/Boogie, I think we will get teams into foul trouble rather quickly. Hopefully we have one of them on the court during all 48 minutes of the game.

That drove me so crazy. So glad I don't have to see any more FT bricks from Zo.

We have some guys who shot 3 pointers at a higher % than Zo at the FT line. Whoa.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:

Speaking of.

That's one thing that royally pissed me off about the last few years, absolute garbage at FT's and a god awful 3PT shooting team.

We'd regularly leave 10+ points on the table on any given night by just missing FT's, pretty embarrassing for so called professionals.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Free throw shooting is contagious. When the team isn't shooting well, it puts pressure on the other guys to make theirs and it just creates a downward spiral. I hope the rest of the team should bring up the poor free throw shooters we still have.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:

Speaking of.

For years, I've had my doubts about him winning a chip with a paint dominant big, like Kobe could. Kobe could dominate the game and barely tough the paint. Letting Shaq and Pau have free roam down there.
Meanwhile, Bron turned Bosh and Love into 3pt shooting fan base whipping boys.

Particularly our starting lineup with AD and McGee/Cousins will be interesting. We'll see what it looks like. AD might need to be a smart passer once he gets the ball on the roll. A McGee/Cousins oop or an open 3pt shooter will always be there. AD just has to make the right decision.

But it's not a problem when we run LBJ with three 3pt shooters and AD. I can see us closing out some games with that.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Free throw shooting is contagious. When the team isn't shooting well, it puts pressure on the other guys to make theirs and it just creates a downward spiral. I hope the rest of the team should bring up the poor free throw shooters we still have.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:

Speaking of.

For years, I've had my doubts about him winning a chip with a paint dominant big, like Kobe could. Kobe could dominate the game and barely tough the paint. Letting Shaq and Pau have free roam down there.

Particularly our starting lineup with AD and McGee/Cousins. We'll see what it looks like. AD might need to be a smart passer once he gets the ball on the roll. A McGee/Cousins oop or an open 3pt shooter will always be there. AD just has to make the right decision.

But LBJ I think will resort more to shooting 3s. I wish he would destroy on the post but his footwork is lacking still and likely not going to change.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

The difference is AD is a good mid-range and credible long shooter. He shoots 80% from the FT line. He also is not a camp out in the paint big man like Andrew Bynum and Dwight were. AD is a new era big personified. He has guard skills and quickness unlike any other big in the league. Watch Pete's (GT) LFR video breakdown.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Zo averaged like 1 FT a game.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:

Speaking of.

Particularly our starting lineup with AD and McGee/Cousins. We'll see what it looks like. AD might need to be a smart passer once he gets the ball on the roll. A McGee/Cousins oop or an open 3pt shooter will always be there. AD just has to make the right decision.

But LBJ I think will resort more to shooting 3s. I wish he would destroy on the post but his footwork is lacking still and likely not going to change.

Even becoming a deadly decisive scorer from the elbows will do ALOT for us. Kobe and MJ were no Steph Currys. But the spacing was there because free throw line extended was practically a layup for them.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Smh pleaseeee release rondo biggest ball stopper
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:

Speaking of.

Even becoming a deadly decisive scorer from the elbows will do ALOT for us. Kobe and MJ were no Steph Currys. But the spacing was there because free throw line extended was practically a layup for them.

Hear me out. How about another option? Let Lebron do what he's good at. And not try to have him do things that Kobe/MJ were good at?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:

The only one who really concerns me is Lebron since he shoots the most and we expect that to be the case again. He shot under 70% two years ago as well but the rest of his career he's hovered round 73% so let's hope last season was an outlier and the contagion was shipped off.

AD has shot almost 80% and DMC almost 74% for their careers and they get to the line a lot. The perimeter and 3D guys all shoot above 75%. That just leaves Rondo and Javale but Rondo shoots less than one per game.

I do kinda believe in the contagion superstition and hoping having a bunch of long range shooters will boost guys like Kuz this season.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hear me out. How about another option? Let Lebron do what he's good at. And not try to have him do things that Kobe/MJ were good at?

I'm sure he will. Just pointing out the spacing difficulties he'll have with this team as opposed to past championship rosters. And why I have my doubts.

It's also worth noting. He normally adds something to his game each offseason.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
epak wrote:

I'm sure he will. Just pointing out the spacing difficulties he'll have with this team as opposed to past championship rosters. And why I have my doubts.

Got ya.
Couple of things that jump out at me.

1. This is a different league then the one Kobe and Pau were in. So much more emphasis on 3s. (Just mentioned since the previous posts mentioned Shaq/Kobe/Pau)
2. AD and DMC can stretch the floor if needed. I would love to see their play types, but I would assume post ups were a low freq %.
3. Lebron did well with Thompson as his center (pre-getting paid/pre-Khloe Thompson)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
kikanga wrote:
epak wrote:

Got ya.

1. This is a different league then the one Kobe and Pau were in. So much more emphasis on 3s. (Just mentioned since the previous posts mentioned Shaq/Kobe/Pau)
2. AD and DMC can stretch the floor if needed. I would love to see their play types, but I would assume post ups were a low freq %.
3. Lebron did well with Thompson as his center (pre-getting paid/pre-Khloe Thompson)

I'm not against LBJ taking more 3s. Just saying free throw line extended is an option as well. Kawhi this playoffs took only .3 more 3PT attempts a game than Kobe did in the playoffs when we won in 2010. But you're right. Shot selection in general is different nowadays.
Bosh and Love alongside Bron had higher 3PT attempts and % than what we've seen from AD up to this point in his career. So I don't expect AD to spread the floor the same way Love did for TT. I mean Love won a 3pt contest. He's a notch above AD when it comes to 3pt floor spacing.
DMC loved posting up in SAC town. He was only healthy for a short period of time in GS. And GS had a championship core and offensive system that existed for years before Cousins got there. We have a brand new staff and mostly a brand new roster. So we'll see how the coaches use DMC. Since we have a huge dropoff after the 2nd best player.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
kikanga wrote:
epak wrote:

Got ya.

He also did not have any problems getting in the lane with McGee and Zubac last year. The thing with Lebron is he is very smart he understands floor spacing. He usually hunts down a switch in his favor. That should actually be easier now with two big guys who can set more solid screens. What makes him more dangerous than Kobe/MJ is that he is a willing passer. He will find the open guy majority of the time.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling Lebron is going to have a great year. If he was in Cleveland for 2020 season, I can see him slowing down and succumbing to his age. This roster with AD, as well as what's happening with the Clipper is probably rejuvenating him. I think he'll be back on the all nba 1st team this year.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

The only one who really concerns me is Lebron since he shoots the most and we expect that to be the case again. He shot under 70% two years ago as well but the rest of his career he's hovered round 73% so let's hope last season was an outlier and the contagion was shipped off.

AD has shot almost 80% and DMC almost 74% for their careers and they get to the line a lot. The perimeter and 3D guys all shoot above 75%. That just leaves Rondo and Javale but Rondo shoots less than one per game.

I do kinda believe in the contagion superstition and hoping having a bunch of long range shooters will boost guys like Kuz this season.

There was a noticeable tension on the court when one of the guys were at the line and the team was 12/24 or something utterly abysmal. I won't miss many of those nights.
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
epak wrote:

It is a myth that Lebron struggles with a big man. He has never had a good one. The best traditional big man he has had was Mozgov and Lebron played very well with him and Thompson. He will kill it with AD.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
kikanga wrote:
epak wrote:

It is a myth that Lebron struggles with a big man. He has never had a good one. The best traditional big man he has had was Mozgov and Lebron played very well with him and Thompson. He will kill it with AD.

It was Big Z.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Bron forced to wear 23 again. Might as well keep it until he retires.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Nike was still “producing” Anthony Davis Pelicans jerseys, Kawhi Leonard Raptors jerseys, Jimmy Butler Sixers jerseys, Chris Paul Rockets jerseys, Russell Westbrook Thunder jerseys, etc., in March.

Nike can’t tell Lebron “No.” .
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

So Bron can't switch jerseys cuz of Nike? Lame.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Nike was still “producing” Anthony Davis Pelicans jerseys, Kawhi Leonard Raptors jerseys, Jimmy Butler Sixers jerseys, Chris Paul Rockets jerseys, Russell Westbrook Thunder jerseys, etc., in March.

Nike can’t tell Lebron “No.” .

I thought Nike nixed the change because of production issues. Did they capitulate?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1144, 1145, 1146 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1145 of 2079
Jump to: