Kyle Kover is cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
ribeye wrote:
According to emplay, if the Laks sign Talen Horton-Tucker to a two-way contract, they have two slots left.

Does anyone REALLY think Klutch will allow THT to only get a two-way deal? They robbed the team of $30M for KCP's first 2 years here.

Klutch's very own Anthony Davis waived his trade kicker for the betterment of the team. So yes I think Klutch will "allow" it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:

If he's truly unhappy there it wouldn't benefit them to keep him around. Also they have the right to do whatever they want with him and his contract but I'm wondering when this starts to reflect poorly on the franchise. The player is unhappy and would like to move on. Forcing him to stay could eventually be a bad look.

I don't see why people are under the impression that the Grizzles are obligated to simply hand Iggy $15 million and let him walk away for nothing. He is an asset, and they have every right to try to trade him. If that upsets Iggy, he should be upset with the Warriors. But Iggy is a pro, and I expect him to act like a pro.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Cut cause he's old and done
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

If he's truly unhappy there it wouldn't benefit them to keep him around. Also they have the right to do whatever they want with him and his contract but I'm wondering when this starts to reflect poorly on the franchise. The player is unhappy and would like to move on. Forcing him to stay could eventually be a bad look.

I don't see why people are under the impression that the Grizzles are obligated to simply hand Iggy $15 million and let him walk away for nothing. He is an asset, and they have every right to try to trade him. If that upsets Iggy, he should be upset with the Warriors. But Iggy is a pro, and I expect him to act like a pro.

Not only did I not give the impression that they were obligated to let him walk I went out of my way to say that they can do whatever they wanted. Also I'm pretty sure I read that he would take a lot less than the 15 mil if they bought him out asap.

Once again…Memphis can do whatever they want with their player but helping a player who wants nothing to do with a team move on is not a rare or new concept in the NBA. It happens quite often each year.

If they can't find a trade partner in a reasonable amount of time then I would expect them to buy him out.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
If they can't find a trade partner in a reasonable amount of time then I would expect them to buy him out.

If I were the Grizzles, I'd be in no rush. Even if there are no good offers now, things might be different by the trade deadline. They're rebuilding and need assets. No reason to be "nice" and let Iggy walk for nothing just for the sake of the Lakers, 76ers and other teams that want him for free.

I am skeptical that Iggy would give back a lot of money for his freedom. He has three rings, and isn't getting another big contract. However, if for some reason he did, I could see the Grizzles entertaining the idea. But there has to be something in it for them.

Last edited by activeverb on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

No thank you Korver. We have lots of guys who can make an open three at a high clip.

Annihilator had a good point about on how we need a forward. I wanted no part of Farried, butt crap at the min and as the 4 stringer? Ok, sounds good.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Should sign him just to put him next to Ashton at Staples.

Pelinka and Korver should start hanging out with Rob Lowe and Ashton Kutcher.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: