How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships

Snipes wrote:
This isn't a Lebron bash thread. All the power to Lebron, his career and his future with us.

This isn't a Jeanie/Rob/Magic bash thread either. Although they clearly made a bunch of mistakes - a lot of idiots felt that getting Lebron was a great move for this franchise. So I'm not going to completely bash them and I really don't need to because it is evident that our FO is a huge mess. Maybe AD and LBJ will be enough to bring us a ring but it's going to be difficult when it never had to be.

The plan going into last year was very simple. This is exactly what I would have done and SHOULD have been done. Now a lot of you will say "well how do you know x would have come here" or "you can't say we would still get x without x". But the writing is on the wall. This team was possible and we had all the tools to get it done.

So how did we mess this up?

Jeanie/Magic/Rob went after Lebron. Going into the offseason there were murmurs that Lebron was the #1 FA and the #1 guy the Lakers wanted along with another superstar. We thought we were getting Lebron & PG. We only got Lebron. I believe we should have never gone after Lebron. His needs and age just did not match up or align with our team.

Soon as we signed Lebron - PG decides to stay in OKC. I don't care what anyone says, PG stayed with OKC because he did not want to be a part of the Lebron parade. Not many players do. A lot of people were bashing PG but I put no blame on him for choosing OKC. He rather prove to everyone he is the man on OKC (which he was this year) rather than play second fiddle to Lebron. The Kawhi rumours were already under way...

Here's what you do if you're the Lakers.

It's obvious certain guys DON'T want to play with LBJ. One of them was Kawhi - this was made obvious last year when he said he doesn't want to play w Lebron he wants to BEAT Lebron.

You sign PG - ignore Lebron. Let the 34 year attention whore go somewhere else.

You whiff on Kawhi trade because of Pop's demands but understand KL is coming next year to play for the Lakers.

Mid-season you do the AD trade - or wait it out like you did this till this summer.

We trade for AD this summer - KL signs with us and we had PG from the year prior.

AD
PG
KL

3 of the best two way players the game has to offer and all under 30. Game - set - match.

THis combo is MUCH better than LBJ/KL/AD and wins for years to come.

Instead we have AD/LBJ. Big difference. This was an easy slam dunk for us but we screwed it up by going after the biggest name in Lebron James.

Never wanted PG as a max guy ...
he may have proved me wrong in regular season ...but he still shrunk last two playoffs as he series wore on ...

rather have AD than PG ... Kawhi is younger than Bron tho ...
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Here is how you solve all this......Wait for it.....
wiat for it....
HIRE JERRY WEST when he wanted to come back

THE END

Oh Yea...we are not the LA Lebrons....we are LA KLUTCH
proof:
rehire KCP AGAIN...smh...wasnt last year enough?
Just drafted a kid THT...we didnt even work him out
FORCED TO GET RID OF YOUTH FOR AD...could have got at Trade deadline.
FIRED COACH(PART OF LAKERS Mafia..smh only reason hired)

OYEAH...our MVP Cape space we held allll this time...was used for?....to sign "old legs" (SLOOOOOW CLAP)

We did workout THT.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
You can’t predict the future. Who would thought Kawhi turn out to be such a snake?
Had the Lakers got lucky and got number 1 pick, I think that alone would be enough for AD, but things don’t work like that

Look I'm rooting against Kawhi and PG with all my might... but the entire year everyone thought he was going to the Clippers.

The engineered narrative came only at the very end of the season and we all bought into the hype... myself included.

It was reported Kawhi was trying to get agents to come.

He didn't hide that fact.

Once Jimmy signed with Miami... we all assumed we had the edge.

We were all so blinded with excitement we didn't put together the obvious which was the delay meant he was still trying to work for the second elite.

Didn't help all the fake insider comments all over the net saying he was coming here.

Blame fake posters, blame your own naive hope... but Kawhi isn't evil

I want him to fail as a Lakers fan... but let's not get it twisted.

All the star free agents were gone. Not only did he orchestrate a scenario where another star forces his way off of his own team but to one specific team of his choosing, he did so with the actual insiders admitting that they knew about it and decided not to report it.

In no universe is this scenario "obvious".

They tried to make a trade to raptors 1st. Tried trading Westbrook and PG to the raptors and raptors declined.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Lebron was the only one who came, and AD followed. PG and Kawhi seemed annoyed we didn't trade for them

trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships

Snipes wrote:
This isn't a Lebron bash thread. All the power to Lebron, his career and his future with us.

This isn't a Jeanie/Rob/Magic bash thread either. Although they clearly made a bunch of mistakes - a lot of idiots felt that getting Lebron was a great move for this franchise. So I'm not going to completely bash them and I really don't need to because it is evident that our FO is a huge mess. Maybe AD and LBJ will be enough to bring us a ring but it's going to be difficult when it never had to be.

The plan going into last year was very simple. This is exactly what I would have done and SHOULD have been done. Now a lot of you will say "well how do you know x would have come here" or "you can't say we would still get x without x". But the writing is on the wall. This team was possible and we had all the tools to get it done.

Jeanie/Magic/Rob went after Lebron. Going into the offseason there were murmurs that Lebron was the #1 FA and the #1 guy the Lakers wanted along with another superstar. We thought we were getting Lebron & PG. We only got Lebron. I believe we should have never gone after Lebron. His needs and age just did not match up or align with our team.

Soon as we signed Lebron - PG decides to stay in OKC. I don't care what anyone says, PG stayed with OKC because he did not want to be a part of the Lebron parade. Not many players do. A lot of people were bashing PG but I put no blame on him for choosing OKC. He rather prove to everyone he is the man on OKC (which he was this year) rather than play second fiddle to Lebron. The Kawhi rumours were already under way...

It's obvious certain guys DON'T want to play with LBJ. One of them was Kawhi - this was made obvious last year when he said he doesn't want to play w Lebron he wants to BEAT Lebron.

You whiff on Kawhi trade because of Pop's demands but understand KL is coming next year to play for the Lakers.

Mid-season you do the AD trade - or wait it out like you did this till this summer.

We trade for AD this summer - KL signs with us and we had PG from the year prior.

AD
PG
KL

3 of the best two way players the game has to offer and all under 30. Game - set - match.

Instead we have AD/LBJ. Big difference. This was an easy slam dunk for us but we screwed it up by going after the biggest name in Lebron James.

What were you thinking when you took the time to type this out?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
drae wrote:
Lebron was the only one who came, and AD followed. PG and Kawhi seemed annoyed we didn't trade for them

If Kawhi thought that there was even a snowball's chance in hell Pop was going to entertain the idea of trading him to the Lakers than he's dumber than I thought.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Great post OP! Every championship the clippers win should belong to us, because both those guys would be Lakers if we didn't sign lebron. lebron better win at least one chip or his name is going to be mud in L.A.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Great post OP! Every championship the clippers win should belong to us, because both those guys would be Lakers if we didn't sign lebron. lebron better win at least one chip or his name is going to be mud in L.A.

Yeah let’s not blame the two guys who didn’t want to be Lakers while dragging the one who actually took on the challenge through the mud. So logically consistent!

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Diagnostic check:

Do we have Anthony Davis? affirmative

Do we have LBJ? affirmative

Do we have solid role players? affirmative

Do we have depth? affirmative

Do we have Jerry West? negative

Do we have skilled youth? affirmative

Do we have shooters? affirmative

Do we have a better coaching staff? TBD

Do we have defenders? affirmative

Do we have whiny biotch fans? affirmative

DO WE HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER? AFFIRMATIVE!

I'm jacked up for this season, and ready to rock!
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

This is so f*&$%@g stupid.
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Lebron is 34. PG was 28. Also PG was way better than LBJ was last year. You get PG so that you can get KL and build a dynasty for years to come.

Now that the Clippers have PG and KL, we get it that you have them winning the championship this year to start the dynasty. How many championships do you see the Clippers winning altogether?

We'll revisit this thread in June 2020.
lonesoul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships

Quote:

Wow what universe are we living in where it's so bad to get Lebron and AD. I wonder if other team's forums have whiny threads like these too. I am sure every other team would be happy with Lebron and AD. Yes instead we got Lebron and AD!

What has PG13 ever done except show he has no integrity. Doesn't even give Lakers a meeting and then ditches Westbrook in the middle of the night.

Everyone keeps saying how great of a coach Rivers is, so I kept thinking he had coached two championships. Instead I realize he only has one and I remember that year the Lakers were up big multiple games and Celtics kept coming back. Was just weird.

Stop it with these 20/20 hindsight based on personal opinion. It would be different if we were in 2022 and Clippers have won 2 championships and all the other Lakers young players have blossomed. To make up a pointless thread based on fantasy just boggles the mind.

If only we did not sign an older Kobe to a huge contract. If only David Sterns didn't screw us. Blah blah blah blah blah.

Can't wait for a healthy Lakers team to dominate with Lebron and AD!
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Guys don't forget that KL wants to live in LA and he is young...what does that mean?? That KL may eventually come to the Lakers...but likely after Lebron leaves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships

lonesoul wrote:
Quote:

Wow what universe are we living in where it's so bad to get Lebron and AD. I wonder if other team's forums have whiny threads like these too. I am sure every other team would be happy with Lebron and AD. Yes instead we got Lebron and AD!

The OP is just one of those people who make up a fantasy scenario, and then pretend the fantasy is an actual fact. Happens all the time.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
drae wrote:

Kawhi is only mad that we didn’t trade for him because he couldn’t pull the ultimate sabotage by making us give up all of our assets for him and then bolting for the Clippers the following offseason. Then he could be where he wanted and not have to worry about the Lakers being a threat to him.

Luckily we didn’t do that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

I used to hate Lebron jockers messing up LG when Kobe was still playing. So in my mind never would I be rooting for Lebron being a Laker. Never. However, since lakers acquired him, I found that I had no problem at all rooting for Lakers still. While he is clearly past his prime, Lebron is still a star to reckon with. Now that we also have acquired AD, I thought a third star (equal or lesser) than Lebron and AD would be enough to make a great run at cship.

The mgt made a big mistake. But luckily, Lakers were able to lure veterans rather cheaply and managed to get enough shooters to compliment Bron, AD and Cousins. I sincerely believe the current team will make the playoffs and become a contender.
chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships

Snipes wrote:

AD
PG
KL

No can do young grasshopper. I like what we have now. Kwak only won cus GSW was hurt. PG13 just had two surgeries. Flipper fan should be concerned about that. Kwak gave it his all in Toronto. He played loose and like a man that had nothing to lose. Now, he is expected to win. And now he really has his own team. We will see, how long he lasts. There are concerns about his health. Why do u think Toronto gave him off several games.

We have all forgotten, the media included, that LBJ is still the best in the world. He will prove that. he is rested, healthy and ready to go with a vengeance. Who cares who wants to play with us or not. Kwak got rejected by Kyrie and KD. He settled for a washed up PG13 who has never made it to the Finals. Last year the talk was if Kwak could even be healthy and have a good season. It was a contract year, so all of a sudden he dominated. Masai Ujiri is a mastermind according to the media. Wizards were all wet over him. Then Kwak left. Now what, Ujiri is a moron now.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Despite what OP says, this IS a Lebron bash thread And, I bet it is intended to redirect hate from K-Lie to our own players.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Yeah let’s not blame the two guys who didn’t want to be Lakers while dragging the one who actually took on the challenge through the mud. So logically consistent!

I think star players have a way of knowing something about other players on the move. I doubt that PG didn't know about the probable Lebron move to LA. Did Lebron's son enroll at a school prior to his move to Lakers? Which parents want to be separated with their sons and daughters at the age?
Not trying to side with either of you. I will bet you that PG knew more than all of us combined knew about Lebron's intention to be a laker. And thus, his decision to not come here.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Guys don't forget that KL wants to live in LA and he is young...what does that mean?? That KL may eventually come to the Lakers...but likely after Lebron leaves.

Pass. He'll be 32 by the time his contract finishes and with his injury and that he has to be load managed at 27 and 28 years of age, I have no confidence in his body holding up that long
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Of course, we will tell him we are interested. keep him posted. Will need more time. And dump him after we get what we want.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Lot of denial in this thread. Excited to see AD but let’s not get it twisted we blew it with Lebron.

Oh and yes KL and PG have a much better chance st a dynasty than AD/LBJ. Lebron is OLD.

Lebron is still the best basketball player on the planet and it's not even close.

Davis is better than Kawhi and far better than George, so having both Lebron and AD gives us better chance to win multiple championships.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Lot of denial in this thread. Excited to see AD but let’s not get it twisted we blew it with Lebron.

Oh and yes KL and PG have a much better chance st a dynasty than AD/LBJ. Lebron is OLD.

Lebron is still the best basketball player on the planet and it's not even close.

Davis is better than Kawhi and far better than George, so having both Lebron and AD gives us better chance to win multiple championships.

Lebron is not the same player as he was before. He was unstoppable and now he settles for jump shots more often because he simply can’t get passed by his defender. I don’t even need to mention the defensive side. So no, he is not the best basketball player on the planet anymore.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

we can all agree on some key points:

#1 the Clippers are and will always be cursed, and nothing will change it. The worst day as a Laker fan is better than the best day as a Clipper fan.

#2 being out of playoff contention for so many years has been difficult for us, the fans, who are not used to being on the outside looking in for this long. it's just not in our DNA and quite obvious how poorly we've been handling it.

#3 winning feels good. losing feels bad. sustaining a winning team in today's NBA is getting harder to maintain. look at the Warriors.

#4 arguing about sports and sports related issues is a necessary diversion from the reality that our planet is going to turn on us in the very near future, and everything we hold dear will soon be vaporized.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

EVERY Team can look back on the "woulda" "shoulda" coulda's"

As far as PG not wanting to sign here, MOST FA's resign with the team that holds their Bird Rights so they can get the MAX money! You know who else gets Max money? Their Agent! The one advising them..

As far as Kawhi NOT signing here, it sounds like he would have had the Thunder NOT caved in to PG's demands OR is the Raptors had traded for PG to try and entice Kawhi to resign.

Kawhi is a WEIRD dude with weird thoughts, weird plans, weird desires, weird logic and a weird agent (his uncle), so I am not willing to go along with this "no one wants to play with LeBron" crap!

Hell, look at the 7 guys the Lakers signed, you really think none of them wanted to play with LeBron? Especially when many of them could have signed for MORE money elsewhere..

Nope, I'm not buying it for a second...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: