Which trades do you worry about most this season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Which trades do you worry about most this season

Thunder - S Adams to Clippers - solving Clippers' biggest weakness using their trade exception
Thunder - R Westbrook and S Adams to Houston - though hard to know whether that would help or be a disaster
Toronto - M. Gasol to Clippers
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

maybe all of them going to the Clippers. i mean why not? i still didn't know and don't want to know how little Clippers gave up for PG13.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

Clippers getting any of Steven Adams, Gasol, Dwight would reduce our advantage at the center position.

Hopefully they keep it that way.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Clippers getting any of Steven Adams, Gasol, Dwight would reduce our advantage at the center position.

well even if they start the seaon with no C and do poorly i can see something but i think they really like Zubac and why they gave him money was to start him. we should of never traded him to them. just an idioctic move. made no sense at all
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

well even if they start the seaon with no C and do poorly i can see something but i think they really like Zubac and why they gave him money was to start him. we should of never traded him to them. just an idioctic move. made no sense at all

unfortunately, we can count on competition to improve their worst weakness.
this is especially true for the logo
and they have that 10m exception to help teams that have way too much salary and no chance to win - particularly the thunder.

they need salary to trade. he is young.
i could easily see a dec 15 zubac +$10m guy+10M exception for adams
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Probably Adams to Clippers. He sets great picks, doesn't miss a lot of games, doesn't take plays off on defense and is a vacuum around the rim. He was 2nd in the NBA in offensive rebounds the last two seasons. Plus he has one more year on his deal than Gasol. There is a downside in how much depth the Clippers would have to sacrifice to get one player.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

It was idiotic... but in the same way I'm high on Caruso... it would still be idiotic for us to stake our season on his development this coming season.

Zubac, especially if he's losing weight and working out like DMC is, could really do some damage... but it's unproven at this point. Those three centers even though two of them are old have a track record defensively.

So although I think it's possible that Zubac has a breakthrough year... I still feel better than if they sign a proven vet. If Boogie is healthy then it won't matter who they put out there though... but that's a big if.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Probably Adams to Clippers. He sets great picks, doesn't miss a lot of games, doesn't take plays off on defense and is a vacuum around the rim. He was 2nd in the NBA in offensive rebounds the last two seasons. Plus he has one more year on his deal than Gasol. There is a downside in how much depth the Clippers would have to sacrifice to get one player.

i dont see the thunder trading adams for a trade exception tho. most likely want picks and clippers have none. maybe if they add someof those young guys they have
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:

and they have that 10m exception to help teams that have way too much salary and no chance to win - particularly the thunder.

I'm not sure what this means, about the 10m Trade Exception helping teams that have too much salary.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

i dont see the thunder trading adams for a trade exception tho. most likely want picks and clippers have none. maybe if they add someof those young guys they have

Clippers will offer their 2030-2050 picks.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

man clippers are mad overhyped. CanNOT wait for the season to start so we can put that (bleep) to rest. They are not going to be a top 3 seed. Watch
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

I'm not sure what this means, about the 10m Trade Exception helping teams that have too much salary.

Can't combine a player and a TPE in a trade so they couldn't use both for Adams anyways.

Would have be something like Zub/Harkless/other filler/even more picks for Adams.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

Adam's $25M doesn't fit under the 9.8M exception the Clippers have, so they would have to send out $20M in salary to get Adams from the Thunder.

Exceptions can only be used to accept a player's full salary under the exception value.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

I think the Clippers signed Zubac to a high salary to be traded later.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Clips have the Miami pick from the Harkless. Zu resigning was meant for a trade. Logo is always step ahead . His experience and his wisdom compare to our FO, I’ll bet on the Logo even I hate their team
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Clips have the Miami pick from the Harkless. Zu resigning was meant for a trade. Logo is always step ahead . His experience and his wisdom compare to our FO, I’ll bet on the Logo even I hate their team

I thought they already traded that to OKC.

They are out of picks for the foreseeable future, and shouldn't trade whatever they have (aside from Stepien rules). It would be using the expiring Harkless + Zub once 12/15 passes that will likely be in play. But they would need a starting center then.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Adams and Gasol. I want to see WB and Harden together again...

Clippers are a scary good team. Getting a C like those guys reduces our biggest advantage which is size.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

I don't understand why OKC would help the Clips though, especially if the Clips don't have additional first round picks to throw in.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

They are out of picks for the foreseeable future, and shouldn't trade whatever they have (aside from Stepien rules). It would be using the expiring Harkless + Zub once 12/15 passes that will likely be in play. But they would need a starting center then.

That was their pick. They grabbed another 1st round protected pick from Miami after the Harkless dump. Zu can be used for sign and trade right away since his contract is more than 2 years
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

That was their pick. They grabbed another 1st round protected pick from Miami after the Harkless dump. Zu can be used for sign and trade right away since his contract is more than 2 years

I thought this was draft pick compensation:

Quote:
The Clippers surrendered their first-rounder picks in 2022, 2024 and 2026, plus sent ones for 2021 and 2023 that were obtained through Miami, to Oklahoma City to complete the George trade. Oklahoma City also has the right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2023 and 2025.

Saw this elsewhere too:

Quote:
2021 MIA 1st (unprotected)
2022 LAC 1st (unprotected)
2023 Heat 1st (lotto protected)
2023 LAC pick swap
2024 Clips first (unprotected)
2025 LAC pick swap
2026 LAC 1st (unprotected)

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't understand why OKC would help the Clips though, especially if the Clips don't have additional first round picks to throw in.

They're not going to help them. Teams do whats best for them. So if the clips have the pieces to trade they can but thats it. I dont expect them getting anyone without giving up there depth... and they have no more picks to give ^

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Clips are living rent-free in some Laker fans minds nowadays
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Right, because it’s all the logo and not Lawrence Frank and the 8 other really smart front office guys under their employment. Their front office is deep.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Clips are living rent-free in some Laker fans minds nowadays

So true. So much for the spirit of competition.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Right, because it’s all the logo and not Lawrence Frank and the 8 other really smart front office guys under their employment. Their front office is deep.

Not saying it’s all Logo but who do you think traded Blake. He might listen to everyone input but If he said something then you bet the other guys will honor and respect that no matter if they disagree with him. This one of primary reason Jennie or Magic did not want to work with him. He’s a shot caller.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: