Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 761, 762, 763 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1149110457816379393

AD intro Laker press conference

Saturday July 13 12PM Pacific Time.

Pelinka and Frank Vogel will be there.

Jeanie Buss will not show up.

The media & talking heads are so enamored by the Clips & KL crap that they have almost completely discounted, overlooked and ignored AD.

They rarely talk about AD in terms of being an elite two-way player, either. DPOY voters won't forget, but it's amazing that they only talk about AD's defensive prowess in passing. The funny thing is that PG and Kawhi's defensive skills have little value against the Lakers strengths, which is in the post. We'll see how successful PG and Kawhi are in guarding LeBron. Zubac, Harrell and whoever are going to get lit by AD and Boogie.

Kawhi has had some pretty memorable success guarding Lebron.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

The media & talking heads are so enamored by the Clips & KL crap that they have almost completely discounted, overlooked and ignored AD.

They rarely talk about AD in terms of being an elite two-way player, either. DPOY voters won't forget, but it's amazing that they only talk about AD's defensive prowess in passing. The funny thing is that PG and Kawhi's defensive skills have little value against the Lakers strengths, which is in the post. We'll see how successful PG and Kawhi are in guarding LeBron. Zubac, Harrell and whoever are going to get lit by AD and Boogie.

I've heard this quite a bit...

Lebron:
28.2 pts / 7.8 rebounds / 4 assists / 2 steals on 57% FG% 52% 3PT 79% FT

Kawhi:
17.8 / 6.4 / 2.0 / 1.6 on 61 / 58 / 78

Wade and Bosh had stinkers of a series, but it wasn't Lebron. Kawhi doesn't have Tim Duncan on the interior to funnel to either. Is the Clippers big going to leave Lebron and leave AD open? Good luck.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

What that press conference talkin bout?
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

Not true. That is a myth. Lebron had a great series twice against the Spurs in the 2012 and 2013 finals. Lebron even had a great game last year against Toronto in the RS.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

Not true. That is a myth. Lebron had a great series twice against the Spurs in the 2012 and 2013 finals. Lebron even had a great game last year against Toronto in the RS.

People like to make crap up for whatever reason, so I appreciate you and Super Mega Team providing more than a drive-by unfounded claim. What isn't made up is that AD has obliterated the Clippers twice recently, including lighting up players on that roster who are supposedly impact players for them. With a better supporting cast, good luck stopping him. And this time, if the doubles come, you're leaving competent shooters wide open, not to mention LeBron James potentially.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think the Clips will be one of the many contenders, but I think there is a premature coronation of the team. Few questions:

1. health of KL/PG
2. who is setting these guys up?
3. will it be a KL turn, PG turn, Lou turn, sort of team? Heavy iso?
4. is Zub really a long term answer at center?
5. Montrez is a great backup center, but is he getting a bit overhyped now?

1- Valid
2- Not a huge concern at all IMO, Doc will find ways to get the ball moving
3- Maybe but those are 3 unstoppable guys when they get going
4- Many here thought he was, but Harrell will be closing games no doubt. FA's available
5- He was still runner up to Lou and JC for 6MOY, is a brute force type player who can shoot, he's great

It's a bit different having an egalitarian system last year with 0 all stars. Now you have two guys who are legit 27-28ppg scorers. Will be an interesting transition. But I do see that it will be a your turn/my turn style offense IMO.

Yep. See what happened to the Celtics last season when Irving came back. Everyone thought they’d seamlessly add Irving and Hayward to the talented youth, and the whole thing imploded because they couldn’t share the ball and roles as easily as it looked on paper. Doc is a great coach, so he’s likely to figure it out, but it isn’t a slam dunk that things work out perfectly, for either the Clippers or us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think the Clips will be one of the many contenders, but I think there is a premature coronation of the team. Few questions:

1. health of KL/PG

1- Valid
4- Many here thought he was, but Harrell will be closing games no doubt. FA's available
5- He was still runner up to Lou and JC for 6MOY, is a brute force type player who can shoot, he's great

It's a bit different having an egalitarian system last year with 0 all stars. Now you have two guys who are legit 27-28ppg scorers. Will be an interesting transition. But I do see that it will be a your turn/my turn style offense IMO.

Yep. See what happened to the Celtics last season when Irving came back. Everyone thought they’d seamlessly add Irving and Hayward to the talented youth, and the whole thing imploded because they couldn’t share the ball and roles as easily as it looked on paper. Doc is a great coach, so he’s likely to figure it out, but it isn’t a slam dunk that things work out perfectly, for either the Clippers or us.

Add in prolific scorer Lou Will too. Should be interesting to see these iso guys all together in possible closing lineup. Someone will have to stand at the 3.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. health of KL/PG

1- Valid

Add in prolific scorer Lou Will too. Should be interesting to see these iso guys all together in possible closing lineup. Someone will have to stand at the 3.

I was thinking about this for the Clips especially.. When closing games Lou will suddenly drop all the way down to the 3rd option now.. He's a pretty massive defensive liability as a 3rd option imo.. His offense makes up for it a lot of the time when he's a top option but will it still as the 3rd?

I will say though, the whole load management thing I think will benefit the supporting cast for both teams.. It will help keep a lot of those guys more involved with bigger roles throughout the season when one of the super stars for either team sits. Also will give a guy like Boogie or Kuz the chance to be the #1 option for a half or game here and there if they are feeling it on any given night.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

Lebron:

Kawhi:

Wade and Bosh had stinkers of a series, but it wasn't Lebron. Kawhi doesn't have Tim Duncan on the interior to funnel to either. Is the Clippers big going to leave Lebron and leave AD open? Good luck.

Poster of the emboldened, please respond to the excellent statistical points of the respondent. I had heard the same version that you stated with no proof.

Please provide your proof to back your statement. Thanks
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

Lebron:

Kawhi:

Poster of the emboldened, please respond to the excellent statistical points of the respondent. I had heard the same version that you stated with no proof.

Ditto on the response please

Isnt it amazing that Kawhi and Iggy both got Finals MVPs partially due to being able to hold Lebron to MVP numbers?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

Lebron:

Kawhi:

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/91407/kawhi-leonard-wreaking-havoc-on-lebron

The argument that Kawhi has is that he stopped LeBron from shooting. Think about it, LeBron shot 50% from 3 (68% TS%) overall yet only scored 28 ppg. Why do you think that is? This is a similar argument to Ben Wallace's defense on Shaq in '04 btw, Shaq still put up an efficient 26 & 11 but that doesn't mean Wallace's defense wasn't a difference maker.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

Lebron:

Kawhi:

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/91407/kawhi-leonard-wreaking-havoc-on-lebron

The argument that Kawhi has is that he stopped LeBron from shooting. Think about it, LeBron shot 50% from 3 (68% TS%) overall yet only scored 28 ppg. Why do you think that is? This is a similar argument to Ben Wallace's defense on Shaq in '04 btw, Shaq still put up an efficient 26 & 11 but that doesn't mean Wallace's defense wasn't a difference maker.

Or maybe LeBron picked his spots better? resulting in high eff?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

This upcoming season, Anthony Davis is going to establish himself as the #1 player on the planet. KL 3 month reign is over before it gets started.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

AD for DPOY! Thanosidies!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
This upcoming season, Anthony Davis is going to establish himself as the #1 player on the planet. KL 3 month reign is over before it gets started.

My gut tells me this happens as well...

People are forgetting how great AD is.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

My gut tells me this happens as well...

People are forgetting how great AD is.

Yup, he got close to zero exposure in New Orleans and they never built a team that could win for a long period of time. He only had 1 or 2 good teams.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

I think both AD/LBJ will be top 5 MVP considerations. In a sense they may cancel each other out a bit, but I can see the media trying to reward AD if he has a monstrous season.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:

Not gonna lie, I think we need him at DPOY level to win the chip, he need to cover the guards penetrations
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PauPau wrote:

Not gonna lie, I think we need him at DPOY level to win the chip, he need to cover the guards penetrations

Having a defender like AD allows our guards to be more aggressive on ball and even fight over screens more. We will have AD there waiting at 2 shot blockers a lot of times.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

his health is the only thing i'm concerning. i have no doubt on his game.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PauPau wrote:

We probably have enough offense to where he could average 20ppg and just focus on defense -- and it might be most conducive for us to win. Nuggets leading scorers last year was like 20ppg, 18pgg, and 13ppg..... we could comfortably be above that if AD gave us 20..
Unrealistic.. but I'd love to see him focus on D that much. 21ppg, historic defense. Cousins and Kuz are getting buckets too
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
his health is the only thing i'm concerning. i have no doubt on his game.

I think we have a solid rotation of PF/Cs

PF: AD/Kuz/LBJ
C: JAV/Boogie/AD

Hopefully he won't have to grind out 82 games. Maybe play more in the 70 game range.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

Since 2003, Duncan's highest ppg was 22. the rest 20ppg flat or less. Someone should show that to AD...
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Since 2003, Duncan's highest ppg was 22. the rest 20ppg flat or less. Someone should show that to AD...

Why? Scoring isn't a bad thing, he does it at a high clip on high efficiency while playing All NBA type defense.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Why? Scoring isn't a bad thing, he does it at a high clip on high efficiency while playing All NBA type defense.

this team needs more defense. moar.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 761, 762, 763 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 762 of 1425
Jump to: