Jason Kidd Is On The Trading Block: DO IT MITCH!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject:

The Angry Buddhist wrote:
Kidd is a cancer.
He has never won anything anywhere.
He deserves to be in New Jersey.

Don't want him.
Don't need him.
Don't like him.

I like the team we have and am patient enough to wait for their time next year or the year after.

T_A_B all you have to do is be patient enough to wait for this years playoffs. then sit down hold on sit back and ride.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
Spurs are shopping Brent Barry.

They want a center that can actually play this season.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Dude, the facts are the facts: Kidd can't shoot and he dominates the rock = Not good for a Triangle PG.

Just like Ron Harper, huh?

Hmm? I take it someone doesn't remember Ron Harper pre-Laker days, do they?

Harper was NEVER a ball-dominant PG, in fact, he was never a PG until MJ came back and Phil moved him to PG. Also, Harp had a jumper...MUCH better than Kidd.

oh no he didn't. cant let THAT one go. check back to harpers cleveland days. the reason they traded him to the clippers is because they were resigned to the fact that his release on his jumper would never change and therefore he would NEVER be a good shooter. harper could make an outside shot but he was NEVER someone any team counted on to be a consistent outside shooter. he shot outside shots, but his % was never considered "good." in chicago do you recall him being a 3 pt shooter? nope, it was kerr, kukoc (sp?), pippen, jordan, and all the rest. haprer's jumper was inconsistent past the free throw line. i know this because i followed his entire clipper career.

Read that sentence of mine again that you bolded and maybe you'll figure out what it means.
EHL_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Harper definitley never had a consistent jumper in his career, ever, including his Chicago days. Bulls fans would get a laugh out of that one. I mean, dude was a 28.9% 3-point shooter and 72% from the line for his career. Laughable.

Kidd also has been playing better ever since Carter came aboard and started taking the ball out of his hands. Kidd, like most great PGs, doesn't need the ball in their hands, unless we're talking about a PG that looks for their own O often like a Kevin Johnson or Gary Payton. And even with Payton, he was pretty easily the Lakers' best regular season tri PG ever despite being well out of his prime and in the midst of all of 03-04's chaos.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

Dude, the facts are the facts: Kidd can't shoot and he dominates the rock = Not good for a Triangle PG.

Harper was NEVER a ball-dominant PG, in fact, he was never a PG until MJ came back and Phil moved him to PG. Also, Harp had a jumper...MUCH better than Kidd.

oh no he didn't. cant let THAT one go. check back to harpers cleveland days. the reason they traded him to the clippers is because they were resigned to the fact that his release on his jumper would never change and therefore he would NEVER be a good shooter. harper could make an outside shot but he was NEVER someone any team counted on to be a consistent outside shooter. he shot outside shots, but his % was never considered "good." in chicago do you recall him being a 3 pt shooter? nope, it was kerr, kukoc (sp?), pippen, jordan, and all the rest. haprer's jumper was inconsistent past the free throw line. i know this because i followed his entire clipper career.

Read that sentence of mine again that you bolded and maybe you'll figure out what it means.

ok. although i disagree because i think they were both bad shooters, i respect your opinion.
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject:

This guy is truly one of the great point guards. Just looked up his stats and he is so consistant for a long career it is amazing. You know exactly what you are going to get every year. (how long does he have left?..who knows. Cassell is still very effective) 8.3 rpg for a point guard. That's insane. When a guard can rebound it starts a lot of fast breaks. Remember Magic? Throw in 9.2 assists last year. That's his lifetime also, 9.2 How to trade or work salaries, I don't know. But if Buss wants someone bad enough he gets him. (Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, Malone, Bryant etc) I want him, but the real question, how bad does Buss want him?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:

TLT wrote:
This guy is truly one of the great point guards. Just looked up his stats and he is so consistant for a long career it is amazing. You know exactly what you are going to get every year. (how long does he have left?..who knows. Cassell is still very effective) 8.3 rpg for a point guard. That's insane. When a guard can rebound it starts a lot of fast breaks. Remember Magic? Throw in 9.2 assists last year. That's his lifetime also, 9.2 How to trade or work salaries, I don't know. But if Buss wants someone bad enough he gets him. (Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, Malone, Bryant etc) I want him, but the real question, how bad does Buss want him?

chamberlain and kareem were acquired during jack kent cook's regime.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:

ok. although i disagree because i think they were both bad shooters, i respect your opinion.

Now ya see what I was sayin' ...Ron wasn't Arenas but he was better than Kidd in the jumper department.
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
I bet he get's bought out before someone trades for him.

Not likely, but that would be the best scenario. If that happened I would bet he would be Purple and Gold. Keep your fingers crossed.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject:

i haven't kept up with this thread - and though i posted in it I didn't think Kidd was in the cards - IF the Nets wanted to dump him for short term contracts I think LA has a shot with Kwame BUT the Mavs have a much better shot with Croshere and Stackhouse.

Considering this a loooong shot - but not impossible.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
TLT wrote:

chamberlain and kareem were acquired during jack kent cook's regime.

I wonder if early members of the fax boards berated Buss for not being Jack Kent Cook?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: