Which trades do you worry about most this season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Probably Adams to Clippers. He sets great picks, doesn't miss a lot of games, doesn't take plays off on defense and is a vacuum around the rim. He was 2nd in the NBA in offensive rebounds the last two seasons. Plus he has one more year on his deal than Gasol. There is a downside in how much depth the Clippers would have to sacrifice to get one player.

i dont see the thunder trading adams for a trade exception tho. most likely want picks and clippers have none. maybe if they add someof those young guys they have

Clips have the Miami pick from the Harkless. Zu resigning was meant for a trade. Logo is always step ahead . His experience and his wisdom compare to our FO, I’ll bet on the Logo even I hate their team

I thought they already traded that to OKC.

They are out of picks for the foreseeable future, and shouldn't trade whatever they have (aside from Stepien rules). It would be using the expiring Harkless + Zub once 12/15 passes that will likely be in play. But they would need a starting center then.

That was their pick. They grabbed another 1st round protected pick from Miami after the Harkless dump. Zu can be used for sign and trade right away since his contract is more than 2 years

I thought this was draft pick compensation:

Quote:
The Clippers surrendered their first-rounder picks in 2022, 2024 and 2026, plus sent ones for 2021 and 2023 that were obtained through Miami, to Oklahoma City to complete the George trade. Oklahoma City also has the right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2023 and 2025.

Saw this elsewhere too:

Quote:
2021 MIA 1st (unprotected)
2022 LAC 1st (unprotected)
2023 Heat 1st (lotto protected)
2023 LAC pick swap
2024 Clips first (unprotected)
2025 LAC pick swap
2026 LAC 1st (unprotected)

Then its good news for me. I wonder if it’s officially completed. I don’t think Clips are done on making moves though.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Clippers getting any of Steven Adams, Gasol, Dwight would reduce our advantage at the center position.

Hopefully they keep it that way.

well even if they start the seaon with no C and do poorly i can see something but i think they really like Zubac and why they gave him money was to start him. we should of never traded him to them. just an idioctic move. made no sense at all

unfortunately, we can count on competition to improve their worst weakness.
this is especially true for the logo
and they have that 10m exception to help teams that have way too much salary and no chance to win - particularly the thunder.

they need salary to trade. he is young.
i could easily see a dec 15 zubac +$10m guy+10M exception for adams
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
man clippers are mad overhyped. CanNOT wait for the season to start so we can put that (bleep) to rest. They are not going to be a top 3 seed. Watch

Yeah, only on this board there are people who believe that Lebron isn't the best basketball player on the planet and that scrubs like Zubac or potentially Adams can do some damage to the team that has Anthony freakin' Davis.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Clippers getting any of Steven Adams, Gasol, Dwight would reduce our advantage at the center position.

well even if they start the seaon with no C and do poorly i can see something but i think they really like Zubac and why they gave him money was to start him. we should of never traded him to them. just an idioctic move. made no sense at all

and they have that 10m exception to help teams that have way too much salary and no chance to win - particularly the thunder.

You can't combine an exception with a player.
Yueh Fei Returns
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

The trade that would have scared me is long past. Morey moved too late. The trade that would have made the Clippers clear championship favorites (in hind sight, but very possible) was for Houston to trade Harden to the Clippers for the same haul as PG13. Kawhi and PG13 overlaps too much. Kawhi and Harden ... that would have been a huge problem for the league.

The reason Kawhi would have worked out so well on the Lakers was because he does not dominate the ball (and almost always makes the correct decision when the ball gets to him). It will be interesting to see him and PG13 figure it out (maybe). Neither of them are ball dominant and PG13 will need to be a lot more assertive, which in my view hurts PG13's game. But not so with a Harden - Kawhi pairing, which would likely be more devastating than Curry+Klay Thompson. And with Capela ... yikes.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

You can't combine an exception with a player.

i thought i read that somewhere...
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers - Anthony Davis to the Clippers.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I'm a bit worried that Bob "the Snake" Myers might trade D'lo to the Wizards for Beal. Or trade him to Minny for RoCo and assets (not sure who, maybe Teague).

Worried might be the wrong word to use... just hoping they don't because they're still a top team and either of these trades would make them stronger by giving them a better fit with their other starting players.

Steph - Beal - Klay - Dray - WCS/Looney
Steph - Klay - RoCo - Dray - WCS/Looney

While typing this, just thought up another trade that would worry me... D'lo to Philly and Tobias to GSW... that would be a good move for both.

Steph - Klay - Tobias - Dray - WCS/Looney
D'lo - Richardson - Simmons - Horford - Embiid

Any of these potential trades can't happen until the winter though.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Man, I see why the Laker didn’t hire Jerry West back. Y’all give this guy credit for doing a job that he isn’t even doing. He’s not the VP of basketball operations or GM yet, some how, he gets all the credit for every move that the Clippers make. He is just an advisor but some how, he’s gonna win Executive of the year!
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Clippers dont have a trade exception.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
maybe all of them going to the Clippers. i mean why not? i still didn't know and don't want to know how little Clippers gave up for PG13.

??? Clippers gave up a haul for PG. They gave up more than we did for AD. It was worth it for them because they got Kawhi because of the trade, but they paid through the nose for PG. I’m not sure what draft assets they have left beyond second round picks after that trade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: