How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
This is a thread for the people who were in love with the kids.

For rational human beings, this thread is ridiculous.

Disagree.
I loved the kids. Well, a couple of the kids.
But that didn't prevent me from having rationale
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

You guys are (bleep) hilarious. Entire board is bashing Front Office until we gut the team for AD. Now “I’m complaining” and we are “spoiled”. Nothing has changed. This front office botched a dynasty - you guys are so used to coming up empty handed the last decade that you want me to rejoice because we got LBJ/AD and Danny Green for $15million.

Way I see it we could’ve had AD/KL/PG - or KL/PG/Kids.

The plan was for THREE MAX FREE AGENTS or TWO MAX and kids. WE NOW HAVE TWO MAX AND DANNY GREEN. WHERE IS THE THIRD PIECE OF THE PUZZLE??

Wake up and smell the coffee. Nobody wants to play w Bron and it’s why PG never came. And you call him a follower? He was a top 3 player all year this year. Watch some (bleep) league pass and get a clue. Oh and the other guy? He won a championship.

Oh and I’m assuming that PG/KL didn’t want to come because of LBJ..but you guys are stating facts that AD only came because of the Klutch connection?? I’m sorry where did AD say he came here for LBJ? Aren’t you assuming too?

You mean Laker glory ..the LA market..the women had nothing do with it? Where is our self worth?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

^So how many championships are you predicting for the Clippers since they have fulfilled your vision of PG/#2? We'll re-visit this thread in June to see how your team is doing.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

NOBODY wanted to play with Lebron? AD wanted to play with the king. Make sure ya’ll put some respect in front of the name Lebron when you mention him....Its KING JAMES you cry babies...get it right LOL. The teams lucky James wanted to come here because the youngins and the mighty Lonzo just weren’t gonna cut it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

$ was part of the reason why Kuzma wasn't in the AD trade but Ingram was. Considering we didn't sign Kawhi or Butler for the max. I wish we had Ingram. Unlike Kuzma, I could see Ingram starting for us this upcoming season. And with 2 young longbois in the starting lineup. The defense would be nice. Maybe we don't have the $ to sign KCP either (another benefit).

But I hope Kuzma turns into a knockdown 3pt shooter this year. That's a realistic improvement. His defense and rebounding is what it is.
followwind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
You guys are (bleep) hilarious. Entire board is bashing Front Office until we gut the team for AD. Now “I’m complaining” and we are “spoiled”. Nothing has changed. This front office botched a dynasty - you guys are so used to coming up empty handed the last decade that you want me to rejoice because we got LBJ/AD and Danny Green for $15million.

The plan was for THREE MAX FREE AGENTS or TWO MAX and kids. WE NOW HAVE TWO MAX AND DANNY GREEN. WHERE IS THE THIRD PIECE OF THE PUZZLE??

Wake up and smell the coffee. Nobody wants to play w Bron and it’s why PG never came. And you call him a follower? He was a top 3 player all year this year. Watch some (bleep) league pass and get a clue. Oh and the other guy? He won a championship.

Oh and I’m assuming that PG/KL didn’t want to come because of LBJ..but you guys are stating facts that AD only came because of the Klutch connection?? I’m sorry where did AD say he came here for LBJ? Aren’t you assuming too?

You mean Laker glory ..the LA market..the women had nothing do with it? Where is our self worth?

Let's go back to your first post here:
Quote:
Soon as we signed Lebron - PG decides to stay in OKC. I don't care what anyone says, PG stayed with OKC because he did not want to be a part of the Lebron parade.

Quote:
You sign PG - ignore Lebron. Let the 34 year attention whore go somewhere else.

First, like many people in the thread pointed out, PG decided to stay in OKC BEFORE, again, BEFORE LeBron announced his decision. He didn't decide to stay in OKC because the Lakers signed LeBron. LeBron's decision had NOTHING to do with PG13's decision. Heck, PG13 didn't even want to meet with the Lakers before deciding on going back to OKC on the first day of free agency. Get the fact straight already.

Second, the whole "I don't care what anyone says..." thing is just your assumption. Don't you forget that before LeBron decided to join the Lakers, no good FA would sign with the Lakers? Are those players also not want to sign with the Lakers because LeBron was on the team?

So your logic was flawed from the beginning.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

The third piece of the puzzle can be added in 2021, until then we are strong enough to win back-to-back championships.

And who cares about kids, they had enough time to prove themselves, only Kuzma showed something, others were disappointing and it was time to move on.

Saying "no" to Lebron would be the same if let's say Jordan wanted to come in the 90s and Jerry Buss said "no, we have other plans".
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject:

If you use caps lock to get your point across then it's gotta be true. I'm convinced you guys. I wasn't at first but now that a made up scenario has been presented to me in all caps I'm beginning to wonder how I ever doubted it. I now am more convinced that Lebron may just be the worst thing that ever happened to anyone.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject:

Well, this thread proves there's no let up in LG...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:

This is such an unfounded assumption.

After watching what a snake and coward PG is, there is a 0% chance he would have left WB in OKC to join Lonzo and BI as the lone max FA in 2018. He's not made of that kind of leadership mettle. So your whole foundation crumbles at its inception.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

After watching what a snake and coward PG is, there is a 0% chance he would have left WB in OKC to join Lonzo and BI as the lone max FA in 2018. He's not made of that kind of leadership mettle. So your whole foundation crumbles at its inception.

Agree with you that PG is a snake and I no longer want him. But we could have traded for PG.

Although, we may not then have had the assets for AD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Agree with you that PG is a snake and I no longer want him. But we could have traded for PG.

Although, we may not then have had the assets for AD.

If we trade for him, then who are we building around him for 2018? There's a good chance he doesn't like the team (assuming LBJ doesn't come, or if he does, according to OP, PG would leave). So you strip down your team's assets (IMO it would have taken BI + #2 pick for PG) and he doesn't stay. Wonderful!
fakethefunk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

Let’s take a deep breath and close our eyes for two
Minutes... now let’s take a quick trip back to the Lakers the year after Kobe retired... remembrance that feeling? Now let’s fast forward to now... breath out, now and open your eyes.. Lebron James and Anthony Davis are on our Team. We can what if all we want and point fingers. This is success!! Major success. Sign me up baby and I thank every single person from Mitch to Magic. Thank you!! Let’s get some pop corn and enjoy some Laker basketball!!

KOBE BRYANT
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
NOBODY wanted to play with Lebron? AD wanted to play with the king. Make sure ya’ll put some respect in front of the name Lebron when you mention him....Its KING JAMES you cry babies...get it right LOL. The teams lucky James wanted to come here because the youngins and the mighty Lonzo just weren’t gonna cut it.

Everyone, let's welcome Shannon Sharpe to LG.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:

Everyone, let's welcome Shannon Sharpe to LG.

Interesting 2nd ever post by OP.
He really committed there.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

So many false premises in the OP. This thread if (bleep) laughable.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
So many false premises in the OP. This thread if (bleep) laughable.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

The plan was always 2 max agents and that’s what we have now.
Also the nobody wants to play with LBJ is false since Boogie is here. And AD big time wants to play with him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

This thread never fails to put a smile on my face
Thanks OP
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I would like to chime in here. For the life of me...why all this love for PG13? What has he done of any import? There is no question he's a talent, but a superstar worthy of a max contract? You can't build a team around PG13, and pairing him with another superstar doesn't amount to much either. PG13 and Westbrook in OKC should've done better in the playoffs than what they did. That's a fact, and it's a compelling wake up call to all you PG13 fans. While a Pacer, PG13 couldn't get past LeBron in the East. In the West, PG13 couldn't advance OKC with Russell Westbrook. Talk about overvaluing a player....good grief people.

LeBron is very special. LeBron, unlike any player in the history of the NBA, has taken some of the worst teams to the finals. Granted, that's easier to do in the East than the West, but it's still amazing. Now LBJ is not the athlete he was even 2 years ago, but he has a cerebral game that is unmatched.

KL? Come on people. Toronto beat a Warrior's team that was fighting with one arm tied behind their back. Golden State was no where near healthy and by the finals, a mere shell of themselves. History won't remember it this way, but it wasn't the genius and mad game of KL that beat the Warriors.

You can have KL and PG13 all day. I'll take my chances LeBron and AD. We have the makings of a great team. We just need to stay healthy and give them time to develop into a championship team.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
I would like to chime in here. For the life of me...why all this love for PG13? What has he done of any import? There is no question he's a talent, but a superstar worthy of a max contract? You can't build a team around PG13, and pairing him with another superstar doesn't amount to much either. PG13 and Westbrook in OKC should've done better in the playoffs than what they did. That's a fact, and it's a compelling wake up call to all you PG13 fans. While a Pacer, PG13 couldn't get past LeBron in the East. In the West, PG13 couldn't advance OKC with Russell Westbrook. Talk about overvaluing a player....good grief people.

LeBron is very special. LeBron, unlike any player in the history of the NBA, has taken some of the worst teams to the finals. Granted, that's easier to do in the East than the West, but it's still amazing. Now LBJ is not the athlete he was even 2 years ago, but he has a cerebral game that is unmatched.

KL? Come on people. Toronto beat a Warrior's team that was fighting with one arm tied behind their back. Golden State was no where near healthy and by the finals, a mere shell of themselves. History won't remember it this way, but it wasn't the genius and mad game of KL that beat the Warriors.

You can have KL and PG13 all day. I'll take my chances LeBron and AD. We have the makings of a great team. We just need to stay healthy and give them time to develop into a championship team.

Not to mention KL has a degenerative medical condition and a history of not being great in 4th quarters
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

PG13 couldn't past the BIG 3.....

Huge difference to Lebron James (Single)....
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:

Weird how PG13 (single) did better than PG13 when teamed with Westbrook (big 2). Almost like the results weren't because of him ...
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Weird how PG13 (single) did better than PG13 when teamed with Westbrook (big 2). Almost like the results weren't because of him ...

Westbrook is a negative.

And only reason why OKC were decent last season was because of PG13.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
drae wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Westbrook is a negative.

And only reason why OKC were decent last season was because of PG13.

Averaged 23 points and a triple double shooting 43% from the field and he's a negative ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: