How getting Lebron cost this franchise multiple championships
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31591

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
This is a thread for the people who were in love with the kids.


For rational human beings, this thread is ridiculous.


Disagree.
I loved the kids. Well, a couple of the kids.
But that didn't prevent me from having rationale
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4005

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

You guys are (bleep) hilarious. Entire board is bashing Front Office until we gut the team for AD. Now “I’m complaining” and we are “spoiled”. Nothing has changed. This front office botched a dynasty - you guys are so used to coming up empty handed the last decade that you want me to rejoice because we got LBJ/AD and Danny Green for $15million.

Way I see it we could’ve had AD/KL/PG - or KL/PG/Kids.

The plan was for THREE MAX FREE AGENTS or TWO MAX and kids. WE NOW HAVE TWO MAX AND DANNY GREEN. WHERE IS THE THIRD PIECE OF THE PUZZLE??

Wake up and smell the coffee. Nobody wants to play w Bron and it’s why PG never came. And you call him a follower? He was a top 3 player all year this year. Watch some (bleep) league pass and get a clue. Oh and the other guy? He won a championship.

Oh and I’m assuming that PG/KL didn’t want to come because of LBJ..but you guys are stating facts that AD only came because of the Klutch connection?? I’m sorry where did AD say he came here for LBJ? Aren’t you assuming too?

You mean Laker glory ..the LA market..the women had nothing do with it? Where is our self worth?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 23305

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

^So how many championships are you predicting for the Clippers since they have fulfilled your vision of PG/#2? We'll re-visit this thread in June to see how your team is doing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BruceLee-Bron23
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 10 Jul 2019
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

NOBODY wanted to play with Lebron? AD wanted to play with the king. Make sure ya’ll put some respect in front of the name Lebron when you mention him....Its KING JAMES you cry babies...get it right LOL. The teams lucky James wanted to come here because the youngins and the mighty Lonzo just weren’t gonna cut it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 20865
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

$ was part of the reason why Kuzma wasn't in the AD trade but Ingram was. Considering we didn't sign Kawhi or Butler for the max. I wish we had Ingram. Unlike Kuzma, I could see Ingram starting for us this upcoming season. And with 2 young longbois in the starting lineup. The defense would be nice. Maybe we don't have the $ to sign KCP either (another benefit).

But I hope Kuzma turns into a knockdown 3pt shooter this year. That's a realistic improvement. His defense and rebounding is what it is.
_________________
"Turn your losses into lessons." - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
followwind
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Posts: 1450

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
You guys are (bleep) hilarious. Entire board is bashing Front Office until we gut the team for AD. Now “I’m complaining” and we are “spoiled”. Nothing has changed. This front office botched a dynasty - you guys are so used to coming up empty handed the last decade that you want me to rejoice because we got LBJ/AD and Danny Green for $15million.

Way I see it we could’ve had AD/KL/PG - or KL/PG/Kids.

The plan was for THREE MAX FREE AGENTS or TWO MAX and kids. WE NOW HAVE TWO MAX AND DANNY GREEN. WHERE IS THE THIRD PIECE OF THE PUZZLE??

Wake up and smell the coffee. Nobody wants to play w Bron and it’s why PG never came. And you call him a follower? He was a top 3 player all year this year. Watch some (bleep) league pass and get a clue. Oh and the other guy? He won a championship.

Oh and I’m assuming that PG/KL didn’t want to come because of LBJ..but you guys are stating facts that AD only came because of the Klutch connection?? I’m sorry where did AD say he came here for LBJ? Aren’t you assuming too?

You mean Laker glory ..the LA market..the women had nothing do with it? Where is our self worth?

Let's go back to your first post here:
Quote:
Soon as we signed Lebron - PG decides to stay in OKC. I don't care what anyone says, PG stayed with OKC because he did not want to be a part of the Lebron parade.

Quote:
You sign PG - ignore Lebron. Let the 34 year attention whore go somewhere else.

First, like many people in the thread pointed out, PG decided to stay in OKC BEFORE, again, BEFORE LeBron announced his decision. He didn't decide to stay in OKC because the Lakers signed LeBron. LeBron's decision had NOTHING to do with PG13's decision. Heck, PG13 didn't even want to meet with the Lakers before deciding on going back to OKC on the first day of free agency. Get the fact straight already.

Second, the whole "I don't care what anyone says..." thing is just your assumption. Don't you forget that before LeBron decided to join the Lakers, no good FA would sign with the Lakers? Are those players also not want to sign with the Lakers because LeBron was on the team?

So your logic was flawed from the beginning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Feb 2016
Posts: 113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
The plan was for THREE MAX FREE AGENTS or TWO MAX and kids. WE NOW HAVE TWO MAX AND DANNY GREEN. WHERE IS THE THIRD PIECE OF THE PUZZLE??


The third piece of the puzzle can be added in 2021, until then we are strong enough to win back-to-back championships.

And who cares about kids, they had enough time to prove themselves, only Kuzma showed something, others were disappointing and it was time to move on.

Saying "no" to Lebron would be the same if let's say Jordan wanted to come in the 90s and Jerry Buss said "no, we have other plans".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 1266
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject:

If you use caps lock to get your point across then it's gotta be true. I'm convinced you guys. I wasn't at first but now that a made up scenario has been presented to me in all caps I'm beginning to wonder how I ever doubted it. I now am more convinced that Lebron may just be the worst thing that ever happened to anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lounger
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Posts: 4183

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject:

Well, this thread proves there's no let up in LG...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104814

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Way I see it we could’ve had AD/KL/PG - or KL/PG/Kids.


This is such an unfounded assumption.

After watching what a snake and coward PG is, there is a 0% chance he would have left WB in OKC to join Lonzo and BI as the lone max FA in 2018. He's not made of that kind of leadership mettle. So your whole foundation crumbles at its inception.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26386

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Way I see it we could’ve had AD/KL/PG - or KL/PG/Kids.


This is such an unfounded assumption.

After watching what a snake and coward PG is, there is a 0% chance he would have left WB in OKC to join Lonzo and BI as the lone max FA in 2018. He's not made of that kind of leadership mettle. So your whole foundation crumbles at its inception.


Agree with you that PG is a snake and I no longer want him. But we could have traded for PG.

Although, we may not then have had the assets for AD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104814

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Way I see it we could’ve had AD/KL/PG - or KL/PG/Kids.


This is such an unfounded assumption.

After watching what a snake and coward PG is, there is a 0% chance he would have left WB in OKC to join Lonzo and BI as the lone max FA in 2018. He's not made of that kind of leadership mettle. So your whole foundation crumbles at its inception.


Agree with you that PG is a snake and I no longer want him. But we could have traded for PG.

Although, we may not then have had the assets for AD.


If we trade for him, then who are we building around him for 2018? There's a good chance he doesn't like the team (assuming LBJ doesn't come, or if he does, according to OP, PG would leave). So you strip down your team's assets (IMO it would have taken BI + #2 pick for PG) and he doesn't stay. Wonderful!
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fakethefunk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Posts: 1113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

Let’s take a deep breath and close our eyes for two
Minutes... now let’s take a quick trip back to the Lakers the year after Kobe retired... remembrance that feeling? Now let’s fast forward to now... breath out, now and open your eyes.. Lebron James and Anthony Davis are on our Team. We can what if all we want and point fingers. This is success!! Major success. Sign me up baby and I thank every single person from Mitch to Magic. Thank you!! Let’s get some pop corn and enjoy some Laker basketball!!
_________________
" I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."

KOBE BRYANT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 2389

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
NOBODY wanted to play with Lebron? AD wanted to play with the king. Make sure ya’ll put some respect in front of the name Lebron when you mention him....Its KING JAMES you cry babies...get it right LOL. The teams lucky James wanted to come here because the youngins and the mighty Lonzo just weren’t gonna cut it.



Everyone, let's welcome Shannon Sharpe to LG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31591

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
NOBODY wanted to play with Lebron? AD wanted to play with the king. Make sure ya’ll put some respect in front of the name Lebron when you mention him....Its KING JAMES you cry babies...get it right LOL. The teams lucky James wanted to come here because the youngins and the mighty Lonzo just weren’t gonna cut it.



Everyone, let's welcome Shannon Sharpe to LG.


Interesting 2nd ever post by OP.
He really committed there.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25695

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

So many false premises in the OP. This thread if (bleep) laughable.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 8106
Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
So many false premises in the OP. This thread if (bleep) laughable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2012
Posts: 408

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
You guys are (bleep) hilarious. Entire board is bashing Front Office until we gut the team for AD. Now “I’m complaining” and we are “spoiled”. Nothing has changed. This front office botched a dynasty - you guys are so used to coming up empty handed the last decade that you want me to rejoice because we got LBJ/AD and Danny Green for $15million.

Way I see it we could’ve had AD/KL/PG - or KL/PG/Kids.

The plan was for THREE MAX FREE AGENTS or TWO MAX and kids. WE NOW HAVE TWO MAX AND DANNY GREEN. WHERE IS THE THIRD PIECE OF THE PUZZLE??

Wake up and smell the coffee. Nobody wants to play w Bron and it’s why PG never came. And you call him a follower? He was a top 3 player all year this year. Watch some (bleep) league pass and get a clue. Oh and the other guy? He won a championship.

Oh and I’m assuming that PG/KL didn’t want to come because of LBJ..but you guys are stating facts that AD only came because of the Klutch connection?? I’m sorry where did AD say he came here for LBJ? Aren’t you assuming too?

You mean Laker glory ..the LA market..the women had nothing do with it? Where is our self worth?


The plan was always 2 max agents and that’s what we have now.
Also the nobody wants to play with LBJ is false since Boogie is here. And AD big time wants to play with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 15139

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

This thread never fails to put a smile on my face
Thanks OP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 14523
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I would like to chime in here. For the life of me...why all this love for PG13? What has he done of any import? There is no question he's a talent, but a superstar worthy of a max contract? You can't build a team around PG13, and pairing him with another superstar doesn't amount to much either. PG13 and Westbrook in OKC should've done better in the playoffs than what they did. That's a fact, and it's a compelling wake up call to all you PG13 fans. While a Pacer, PG13 couldn't get past LeBron in the East. In the West, PG13 couldn't advance OKC with Russell Westbrook. Talk about overvaluing a player....good grief people.

LeBron is very special. LeBron, unlike any player in the history of the NBA, has taken some of the worst teams to the finals. Granted, that's easier to do in the East than the West, but it's still amazing. Now LBJ is not the athlete he was even 2 years ago, but he has a cerebral game that is unmatched.

KL? Come on people. Toronto beat a Warrior's team that was fighting with one arm tied behind their back. Golden State was no where near healthy and by the finals, a mere shell of themselves. History won't remember it this way, but it wasn't the genius and mad game of KL that beat the Warriors.

You can have KL and PG13 all day. I'll take my chances LeBron and AD. We have the makings of a great team. We just need to stay healthy and give them time to develop into a championship team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 4604

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
I would like to chime in here. For the life of me...why all this love for PG13? What has he done of any import? There is no question he's a talent, but a superstar worthy of a max contract? You can't build a team around PG13, and pairing him with another superstar doesn't amount to much either. PG13 and Westbrook in OKC should've done better in the playoffs than what they did. That's a fact, and it's a compelling wake up call to all you PG13 fans. While a Pacer, PG13 couldn't get past LeBron in the East. In the West, PG13 couldn't advance OKC with Russell Westbrook. Talk about overvaluing a player....good grief people.

LeBron is very special. LeBron, unlike any player in the history of the NBA, has taken some of the worst teams to the finals. Granted, that's easier to do in the East than the West, but it's still amazing. Now LBJ is not the athlete he was even 2 years ago, but he has a cerebral game that is unmatched.

KL? Come on people. Toronto beat a Warrior's team that was fighting with one arm tied behind their back. Golden State was no where near healthy and by the finals, a mere shell of themselves. History won't remember it this way, but it wasn't the genius and mad game of KL that beat the Warriors.

You can have KL and PG13 all day. I'll take my chances LeBron and AD. We have the makings of a great team. We just need to stay healthy and give them time to develop into a championship team.


Not to mention KL has a degenerative medical condition and a history of not being great in 4th quarters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 608

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

PG13 couldn't past the BIG 3.....

Huge difference to Lebron James (Single)....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 4604

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
PG13 couldn't past the BIG 3.....

Huge difference to Lebron James (Single)....


Weird how PG13 (single) did better than PG13 when teamed with Westbrook (big 2). Almost like the results weren't because of him ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 608

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
PG13 couldn't past the BIG 3.....

Huge difference to Lebron James (Single)....


Weird how PG13 (single) did better than PG13 when teamed with Westbrook (big 2). Almost like the results weren't because of him ...


Westbrook is a negative.

And only reason why OKC were decent last season was because of PG13.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 4604

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
drae wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
PG13 couldn't past the BIG 3.....

Huge difference to Lebron James (Single)....


Weird how PG13 (single) did better than PG13 when teamed with Westbrook (big 2). Almost like the results weren't because of him ...


Westbrook is a negative.

And only reason why OKC were decent last season was because of PG13.


Averaged 23 points and a triple double shooting 43% from the field and he's a negative ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB