OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 533, 534, 535 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
epak wrote:
governator wrote:
epak wrote:
governator wrote:
Vogel talking up Kuzma

What he say?

Forgot but it was nice, something about he’ll be relied on or something, can’t remember. Also said he’ll ask LeBron opinion a whole lot... aka LeBron can do whatever he wants lol

Did you happen to see his interview at the ESPYs?
Man. If the freaking ESPN ladies are thirsty around him, think about what it's like for an NBA player in the real world. Guys, just say no.

I saw it. Lol. That NFL lady Diana Russini lady was letting it hang out

NSFW
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:
Vogel talking up Kuzma

What he say?

Something like "Kendall is fine, but i wish he gets with Kourtney if he wants his game to mature better."
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
can already see the change in Kuz' form. doesn't take the ball back to his face so much. lots of "airspace" between ball and face. pretty big tweak.
This is becoming more popular, removing that wasted motion. players "cockback"for rhythm; so w/ new form gotta find some rhythm

https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1149285092126150656?s=20

Video in the link.

Quote:
This is “simplifying the stroke” ..think his main issue last year was trajectory on the ball, he just couldn’t find the right+consistent trajectory on the ball. Removing the cockback should fix that. Should get a consistent nice arc . Able to use more legs too , which

He talked about pre-draft being an issue w the shorter line. Deeper line allowed more legs which he liked. Seems like he got used to the nba line last year and using the same amount of legs didn’t work anymore ....complicated. just simplify the stroke up top and legs will be more in concert w the stroke generally that stiff no wasted-motion shot, does have issues shooting off the dribble though. Perfect example is Brogdon. Kawhi makes it work cuz his hands get so much control.
hope he just goes full 1motion, smoothen it out.. look stiff I'm sure it feels stiff

LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Can Kuz play SF?

I think he's trying everything he can to become one. I can imagine him hearing about how "the Lakers need more wings" and wanting to fill that need.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Quote:
can already see the change in Kuz' form. doesn't take the ball back to his face so much. lots of "airspace" between ball and face. pretty big tweak.
This is becoming more popular, removing that wasted motion. players "(bleep)"for rhythm; so w/ new form gotta find some rhythm

https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1149285092126150656?s=20

Video in the link.

Quote:
This is “simplifying the stroke” ..think his main issue last year was trajectory on the ball, he just couldn’t find the right+consistent trajectory on the ball. Removing the (bleep) should fix that. Should get a consistent nice arc . Able to use more legs too , which

He talked about pre-draft being an issue w the shorter line. Deeper line allowed more legs which he liked. Seems like he got used to the nba line last year and using the same amount of legs didn’t work anymore ....complicated. just simplify the stroke up top and legs will be more in concert w the stroke generally that stiff no wasted-motion shot, does have issues shooting off the dribble though. Perfect example is Brogdon. Kawhi makes it work cuz his hands get so much control.
hope he just goes full 1motion, smoothen it out.. look stiff I'm sure it feels stiff

Always nice to hear KIROE's thought on shooting motions.

LG censored "c0ckback"
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
He was bad on open 3s last year. He really needs to get back to shooting like he did his rookie year.

Sophomore slump?

No, how he shot last season is more in line with his college career.

When do you think Kawhi will go back to shooting like he did in college? Since players are finished products in college

That is plain dumb, Kawhi shows consistent improvement annually while Kuzma has a hot half of a season and regresses after that. There is no logical comparison.

You do know that this is easily verifiable? Kawhi was consistently .375 his first 3 seasons, dipped in his 4th season, and shot the lights out his 5th season. So no real progression until season 5, which was his peak.

If Kuz is working hard on his shot this summer, then the benefits will show next year. If they don't, his career may head south very quickly.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I didn't know that was you. Good stuff man!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I didn't know that was you. Good stuff man!

gracias
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

Even as a Stan, think Kuz starts off the bench for Mcgee.
Maybe just because im a fan, but I can't picture our best line up without him. Even with his very ungood long ball.
Half court mobility and a target on the move, these qualities of his i think are even more pronounced with the threat of AD.

That defence though
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

His defense will dictate whether he starts, is traded, comes off the bench, etc. It really comes down to that.

He has the physical tools to be an average level defender. We don't need him to be a one sided scorer either.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
His defense will dictate whether he starts, is traded, comes off the bench, etc. It really comes down to that.

He has the physical tools to be an average level defender. We don't need him to be a one sided scorer either.

More defensive coaching this year, more experienced veterans this year, and he's obviously driven to put in the work. I'm confident his defense will improve this year. He is no doubt keenly aware this is an area of weakness.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

More defensive coaching this year, more experienced veterans this year, and he's obviously driven to put in the work. I'm confident his defense will improve this year. He is no doubt keenly aware this is an area of weakness.

Kuzma strikes me as the kind of player who isn’t ready to settle yet, he wants to be great and puts in the work. But with the depth we now have, I wonder how many minutes he will actually get to play?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kuzma strikes me as the kind of player who isn’t ready to settle yet, he wants to be great and puts in the work. But with the depth we now have, I wonder how many minutes he will actually get to play?

Hopefully that will improve his FG %. I think him playing small ball center really hurt in that regard.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
h2omike wrote:
RG73 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hopefully that will improve his FG %. I think him playing small ball center really hurt in that regard.

So dumb of Luke trying both Lebron and Kuz at center. Kuz is still learning how to become a defender and Lebron playing defense at center is only something that’ll work on Game 7s and NBA Finals.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma in the ESPN spotlight

Quote:
Kuzma, the former University of Utah basketball player who now plays for the Los Angeles Lakers, was a guest on the ESPYS Red Carpet Show and answered a flurry of questions in 24 seconds. It gave a quick peek into his personality and self-confidence.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=182126&start=13325
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Kuzma, the former University of Utah basketball player who now plays for the Los Angeles Lakers, was a guest on the ESPYS Red Carpet Show and answered a flurry of questions in 24 seconds. It gave a quick peek into his personality and self-confidence.

Best comment: He was probably sleeping in bed with these same broads that interviewed him 😂
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

As a small forward or power forward ?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

As a small forward or power forward ?

good question. he's def got some tools though, length namely. and solid quickness, bad technique though ---- if we're talking about defending the perimeter.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

Last season, Kuz missed about 1 layup per game because he lacked leg strength; if he develops greater lower body strength, he'll have much more body control when he drives to the hoop.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Best comment: He was probably sleeping in bed with these same broads that interviewed him 😂

That was the most cringeworthy (bleep) all around. They're all also clearly drunk on set.
Shoot Like Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

Vogel said he's going to be pushing Kuzma on the defensive end.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
RG73 wrote:

He'll probably only start during the load management games, filling in for Bron or AD on their nights off.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

That was the most cringeworthy (bleep) all around. They're all also clearly drunk on set.

Lol they looked like a lot of fun. I don't think Kuz is into cougar types though.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
levon wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Lol they looked like a lot of fun. I don't think Kuz is into cougar types though.

((CREEPY SEXIST POST REMOVED. LET'S MOVE THE CONVERSATION BACK TO BASKETBALL, PLEASE. - JMK))
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 533, 534, 535 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 534 of 880
Jump to: