OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3572, 3573, 3574 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
andree wrote:
governator wrote:
Durant
Harden
Westbrook
PG13

Dayum, 4 MVP/MVP candidate players, all in their prime, zero 0 ring

How do you mess this up

If you look into a vacuum you are right. But I followed OKC over the years and it'a a little more complicated.

Westbrook, Durant and Harden played a final together when they were 23y old and lost to Miami trio. Nothing to be ashamed, they were too young and underdogs.
The same year they lost Harden because the owner didn't want to pay the tax. Presti has no other option here.
From 2013-2016 with Durant, Westbrok and Ibaka they had a lot of bad luck. Actually the only year when they were all of them healthy in playoffs was in 2016. And they chocked a 3-1 lead against GSW. For 4 and half games I believed GSW had no chance against OKC. They were more athletic and more agressive. But suddently Klay made a few unbelievable 3-points and Durant and Westbrook chocked massively. And the series was over. In that summer Durnt left for GSW and was over.
It could be the same for Lakers or Clippers if in the next 3 years in the playoffs one of the big boys is hurt. You have no chance.

After my poor opinion Presti made 2 mistakes.
One is his fetish for athleticism. It's not a mistake per se, but he kind a ignore other aspects. For example many of them were bad shooters (Robertson, Grant,Diallo). They were always a team without enough 3-point shooters.
Another thing. They always have at least big contract, who ate their cap (Ibaka, Perkins,Adams) and blocked the possibilty to reshape the roster. Maybe would have better to keep only Westbrook and Durant on big money and the rest of the cap to find the right pieces along them. They never had enough flexibility.

Giving perkins that ridiculous contract (which prevented harden from subsequently being signed) was Presti's first big mistake.

we can all thank Pau Gasol for that. i have no doubt OKC made that move because they thought Perkins can equalize Pau.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What happened to all those folks who said OKC would gladly and happily pay luxury and repeater taxes in perpetuity?

I don’t remember anyone saying that.

😂😂

When I ask you to find that you will slink away, as always. And if I ask yinona he would do his typical deflection.

I remember you saying it also, along with many other people here.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
laker50 wrote:
OKC is throwing in the towel.
But once again it is at the Lakers expense.
Making other teams better.
While taking from the Lakers like PG and Kawhi.

The small market teams HATE the Lakers and will do everything they can
to mess us up.

Yes, i am sure that every move OKC has made has been with the Lakers in mind.

The one that mattered (overpaying for pekins) was.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What happened to all those folks who said OKC would gladly and happily pay luxury and repeater taxes in perpetuity?

😂😂

When I ask you to find that you will slink away, as always. And if I ask yinona he would do his typical deflection.

Take that big L as always and move on.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
AD-Cousins-McGee
Gobert-Bradley-Brantley
Nurkic-Whiteside-Collins
Capela-Faried-Clark
WCS-Draymond-Looney
Zubac-Harrell-JaMychal
Jokic-Millsap-Plumlee (MPJ?)'
Aldridge-Metu-Motiejunas
Towns-Dieng-Bell

When that guy listed all the super guard teams... I wondered how their big men were.

Utah's seems like they have only Gobert
People seem to be sleeping on Portland
Houston's isn't good
GSW depends on if WCS has a breakthrough
Clippers is okay but nothing special unless Zubac turns into a beast
Denver's is only good if MPJ breaks out
Spurs only have Aldridge
Timberwolves only have Towns

The key again is Boogie. If he plays like last season... there's no edge with the bigs... if he plays close to his past... we have the best combo.

So Lakers... best big trio? Or will it be Portland or Denver?
Clippers... best wings?
Rockets... best guards?

LeBron-AD-Boogie/McGee crushes all of them in the west, straight up, Tobias-Embiid-Horford prob closest
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

😂😂

Let’s see it then
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

😂😂

Called that one
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

😂😂

Let’s see it then

lol. No need, you are wrong all the time.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

😂😂

Called that one

Shameless
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

FL stand your ground law, Online LG style
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
AD-Cousins-McGee
Gobert-Bradley-Brantley
Nurkic-Whiteside-Collins
Capela-Faried-Clark
WCS-Draymond-Looney
Zubac-Harrell-JaMychal
Aldridge-Metu-Motiejunas
Towns-Dieng-Bell

When that guy listed all the super guard teams... I wondered how their big men were.

Houston's isn't good
Spurs only have Aldridge

The key again is Boogie. If he plays like last season... there's no edge with the bigs... if he plays close to his past... we have the best combo.

Clippers... best wings?
Rockets... best guards?

LeBron-AD-Boogie/McGee crushes all of them in the west, straight up, Tobias-Embiid-Horford prob closest

The question I wonder, is whether the paradigm can be shifted back to a big man dominated league.

Is it possible to play a combination of mobile bigs like AD/McGee/Kuzma/Green/LBJ... and overwhelm them with size?

Or would the tiny guards run circles around them?... would the wings even be too quick?

Has 6' 6" to 6' 8" become the perfect size for a basketball player? Or can you play combinations of 6 foot 9 to 7 feet players and beat them?

I wonder if a game plan can be devised to use the size advantage to win a championship... or has the three point line balanced things too far in favor of guards and wings?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
AD-Cousins-McGee
Gobert-Bradley-Brantley
Nurkic-Whiteside-Collins
Capela-Faried-Clark
WCS-Draymond-Looney
Zubac-Harrell-JaMychal
Aldridge-Metu-Motiejunas
Towns-Dieng-Bell

Houston's isn't good
Spurs only have Aldridge

Clippers... best wings?
Rockets... best guards?

The question I wonder, is whether the paradigm can be shifted back to a big man dominated league.

Is it possible to play a combination of mobile bigs like AD/McGee/Kuzma/Green/LBJ... and overwhelm them with size?

Or would the tiny guards run circles around them?... would the wings even be too quick?

Has 6' 6" to 6' 8" become the perfect size for a basketball player? Or can you play combinations of 6 foot 9 to 7 feet players and beat them?

I wonder if a game plan can be devised to use the size advantage to win a championship... or has the three point line balanced things too far in favor of guards and wings?

Vogel-Kidd-Hollins-LeBron bout to enlighten us
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
AD-Cousins-McGee
Gobert-Bradley-Brantley
Nurkic-Whiteside-Collins
Capela-Faried-Clark
WCS-Draymond-Looney
Zubac-Harrell-JaMychal
Aldridge-Metu-Motiejunas
Towns-Dieng-Bell

Houston's isn't good
Spurs only have Aldridge

Clippers... best wings?
Rockets... best guards?

As long as we run teams off the 3 point line we will be fine. They won't drive all the way into our big guys and will be forced to live with mid range jumpers. The guards need to be aggressive on defense, like how Bradley plays. It won't matter if they get beat off a dribble or picked off a screen, there will be giants behind them.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:

As long as we run teams off the 3 point line we will be fine. They won't drive all the way into our big guys and will be forced to live with mid range jumpers. The guards need to be aggressive on defense, like how Bradley plays. It won't matter if they get beat off a dribble or picked off a screen, there will be giants behind them.

I'm very curious to watch Bradley from the perspective of a Lakers fan.

I've heard he was pretty good in Boston... but I only saw them a couple times a year so I never really noticed him.

It's amazing that they used to play Bradley and IT together... but as we've seen with Toronto... and even Portland... you can still be successful with short dynamic guards.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
governator wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
AD-Cousins-McGee
Gobert-Bradley-Brantley
Nurkic-Whiteside-Collins
Capela-Faried-Clark
WCS-Draymond-Looney
Zubac-Harrell-JaMychal
Aldridge-Metu-Motiejunas
Towns-Dieng-Bell

Houston's isn't good
Spurs only have Aldridge

Clippers... best wings?
Rockets... best guards?

Those giants have to be quick enough to rotate and help the helper though. When AD rolls over to block a driving wing, who is going to switch over to AD's man? Cousins is a bit heavy footed and Lebron quit playing defense years ago.

We don't want guards attacking AD all game long and getting him in foul trouble. It's critical to be able to stop the point of attack.

Bradley seems to play excellent pick n roll defense on tape, but we're giving up size against longer wings. KCP's defensive potential seems limited by his low IQ. Green has the combo of high IQ and active hands/feet.

This is where I think having a defensive minded coach like Vogel can make the difference.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

😂😂

Slow day at work (and I must defend my LG honor ) so I found a few gems from you:

Quote:
That might have been your opinion but OKC let it be known that they were making the trade to compete for a couple of years and spend accordingly.

Quote:
I guess they aren’t as afraid of paying for a winner as I thought.

Quote:
I would like to introduce you to the Golden State Warriors. Billionaires are billionaires, if they want to win they will pay. Dr. Buss did and he wasn’t a billionaire.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=182920&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=2650

(this thread in particular I discussed the numbers and how insane it would be to keep that OKC team together..and here we are).
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Your 2019/20 starting line up for OKC, feature 1st round picks. Your Coach, feature 1st round pick.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
Your 2019/20 starting line up for OKC, feature 1st round picks. Your Coach, feature 1st round pick.

Lakers MVP for 2015-19...#19, "CAP SPACE."
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

😂😂

Slow day at work (and I must defend my LG honor ) so I found a few gems from you:

Quote:
That might have been your opinion but OKC let it be known that they were making the trade to compete for a couple of years and spend accordingly.

Quote:

Quote:
I would like to introduce you to the Golden State Warriors. Billionaires are billionaires, if they want to win they will pay. Dr. Buss did and he wasn’t a billionaire.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=182920&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=2650

(this thread in particular I discussed the numbers and how insane it would be to keep that OKC team together..and here we are).

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

😂😂

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's fine. We all say a lot of stuff here, but when you come at me with "deflection," best represent.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
la4win wrote:

When people wonder why sometimes I'll get triggered and start making comments defending the young core.

It's because of comments like these.

No one's talking about them... yet here we go.

I won't talk about them now... but this is how it sometimes starts.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

😂😂

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's fine. We all say a lot of stuff here, but when you come at me with "deflection," best represent.

Don't expect a response or acknowledgement

Apparently we all knew who is it was but him 😂😂

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
la4win wrote:

When people wonder why sometimes I'll get triggered and start making comments defending the young core.

It's because of comments like these.

No one's talking about them... yet here we go.

I won't talk about them now... but this is how it sometimes starts.

Not even sure what is at issue here. Our predominant concern was maintaining cap space at all costs. I think you're creating something out of nothing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

And unless you were gone for the past 5 years, every summer it was "cap space" and "sacred cap space." We had some young players, but we obviously showed that we were looking for more developed and established stars (b/c Lakers suck at cultivating young players).
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
la4win wrote:

“Cap space” got us Lebron and AD and back to contention. If Lebron didn’t come, it would have been Kawhi and PG.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3572, 3573, 3574 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3573 of 8560
Jump to: