OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/KyleBaileyWFNZ/status/1149407829515800577?s=19

Quote:
Kyle Bailey
@KyleBaileyWFNZ

So David Aldridge says it’s well-known around the @NBA that Mitch Kupchak is the only GM in the league NOT tampering. #BuzzCity

This is one of the reasons I like Mitch as a person.
But as a GM, you feel like you need the snakiness of Rob.
Sad to say...
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
rst08tierney wrote:
HOW is this Robs fault? 10 out of 10 gm's with a max would have waited this out too

That's the wrong way to look at it. This is Jeanie's fault. She has presided over the erosion of our franchise to the point where the Clippers are more attractive to Free Agents. If it weren't for the grace of Klutch we'd be the Knicks. Pelinka is a symptom. Jeanie is the disease.

Finally, she has to be held accountable.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JZIANNE wrote:
On the bright side i think Rob paid less for a better player in AD than what the Clippers gave up for PG.

I definitely couldn’t agree with that

For PG, maybe. For PG and Kawhi, the other 29 teams would love to do it.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JZIANNE wrote:
On the bright side i think Rob paid less for a better player in AD than what the Clippers gave up for PG.

yeah and we paid that much for AD cause Lebron is ready to go and we become instant title contents. The other 29 teams do that too
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Villain6Activated wrote:
LaxT wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JZIANNE wrote:

yeah and we paid that much for AD cause Lebron is ready to go and we become instant title contents. The other 29 teams do that too

The FO did not trade for PG because the "young core" was so valuable. They did not trade for Kawhi because the "young core" was so valuable. These two non-trade eventually backfired.

Then in year one of LBJ, the team was so miserable, and suddenly the young core was not so valuable anymore. Either the FO misjudged their talent or did not develop them well.

Then the FO changed course. Some young players are thrown away(Zubac, Wagner, Bonga), some are traded with the #4 pick, two future first rounders, one pick swap and one 2nd rounder for AD and cap space which turns into a group of veterans trying to redeem themselves.

If you look at AD, you might be happy. If you look at the plan C signings in July, you might say it's OK. If you look at the two and half years of how the FO managed, I don't think the other 29 teams would admire that.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

My appreciation for Rob just went up another notch after today.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

BTW, I am referring to Cousins, Bradley, Rondo and KCP as veterans trying to redeem themselves because their performance last season did not meet expectation and has to (re)sign for less.

I would categorize Green and Mcgee as normal signings. The rest, Cook, Caruso, Daniel, Dudley, THE, are just cheap additions.
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
If you look at AD, you might be happy. If you look at the plan C signings in July, you might say it's OK. If you look at the two and half years of how the FO managed, I don't think the other 29 teams would admire that.

If 2 years ago someone said the new GM would turn the then current roster into today’s roster, no one would think it a bad deal.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Notice how theres no yapping going on to the media since Magic’s gone ?

This is the way this team should be ran.
Less noice, more movements.
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

gooner wrote:
LaxT wrote:

If 2 years ago someone said the new GM would turn the then current roster into today’s roster, no one would think it a bad deal.

You may want to wait till Pelinka's tenure is over to say that.

But this is for sure. If two and half years ago someone said the team would miss the playoffs three consecutive years, nobody would be happy.

BTW, while calculating the "deal", be sure to add lottery luck (#2 Ball and #4 Hunter) and multiple picks(Hart, two future, one swap) in the "out" column.

Last edited by LaxT on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
gooner wrote:
LaxT wrote:

But this is for sure. If two and half years ago someone said the team would miss the playoffs three consecutive years, nobody would be happy.

And two years ago if you told me we would have AD and LBJ, I would be happy... whats your point
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
LaxT wrote:
gooner wrote:
LaxT wrote:

And two years ago if you told me we would have AD and LBJ, I would be happy... whats your point

If that satisfies you, good for you.

I hope you would also be happy with three consecutive playoff misses, an ugly exit of Magic, and a GM being called liar/stabber by his former boss.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tania Ganguli
@taniaganguli

"For us anything short of a championship is not success," Rob Pelinka says on a conference call.

I'm with you, Rob!
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Quote:
Kyle Bailey
@KyleBaileyWFNZ

So David Aldridge says it’s well-known around the @NBA that Mitch Kupchak is the only GM in the league NOT tampering. #BuzzCity

Sad to say...

And is the reason we signed Mosgov and Deng. Gotta side step some rules a little.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Quote:
Kyle Bailey
@KyleBaileyWFNZ

Sad to say...

Would have been nice to have Mitch in the role of Senior Advisor as West was for him, and Sharman was for West.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
Kyle Bailey
@KyleBaileyWFNZ

Sad to say...

Would have been nice to have Mitch in the role of Senior Advisor as West was for him, and Sharman was for West.

For the experience that Mitch brings, I agree.
But would Mitch have stayed around if the GM was tampering in the background?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
Kyle Bailey
@KyleBaileyWFNZ

Sad to say...

He did with West.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:
Kyle Bailey
@KyleBaileyWFNZ

Sad to say...

He did with West.

Haha. So true.
CaCHooKa_Man
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

CaCHooKa_Man wrote:

Thank man!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

The downside side of the AD trade was that we had to trade nearly every young player. Not that we chose to, that we had to. If we would have had a $12-15 mil player to throw into the deal we likely could have kept a young player or two. Would you prefer to have Hart instead of Rondo? Hell yes. That is where Pelinka lacks the necessary vision. Look at the contract that the Clippers gave Zubac. That screams future trade filler.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The downside side of the AD trade was that we had to trade nearly every young player. Not that we chose to, that we had to. If we would have had a $12-15 mil player to throw into the deal we likely could have kept a young player or two. Would you prefer to have Hart instead of Rondo? Hell yes. That is where Pelinka lacks the necessary vision. Look at the contract that the Clippers gave Zubac. That screams future trade filler.

Next you're going to tell us that's why we shouldn't have stretched Deng....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Hart and Zubac are afterthoughts VLF and I like them both.

But we need guys ready now and it is very debatable that either of those guys would even break the rotation of our current roster. I wouldn't play either if we had them and I was Vogie with the other guys we have under contract.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

We have a trade filler contract just as good if not better than Zubac's in Danny Green. Clippers sacrificed 7 picks and their best young player for a 2 year window to compete whereas the Lakers have the flexibility to compete for the duration of AD's prime. I'm not envious of the Clippers' circumstances.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

We have a trade filler contract just as good if not better than Zubac's in Danny Green. Clippers sacrificed 7 picks and their best young player for a 2 year window to compete whereas the Lakers have the flexibility to compete for the duration of AD's prime. I'm not envious of the Clippers' circumstances.

You are talking to a clipper fan trolling in a Lakers board. Dont waste your time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 93 of 243
Jump to: