The Lakers are winning the championship this year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I already put 200 on the Lakers winning it all the day the Raptors won it all. The championship is ours, trust me.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I have never (legally) gambled on a sporting event other than a horse race.

I will bet $100 on the Lakers to win it all.

Someone please suggest a site or a book.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I think there is similarity to last year in the sense people taught the Lakers be better than most taught. In beginning that Happened as the Lakers started to get up In ratings. As Ball played defense better than most taught but still had herrific shooting. Kuzma became a s good scoring threat and even Ingram started to find his way to score. After the victory over the warriors on Xmas it begin to seem very possible the Lakers were playoff bound for sure.

We all know what happened. Lebron injury than Ball. Than the trade with AD that never happened. Lots of bad luck. And if the same happened next year, it won’t be much different.

However I don’t think it’s likely to happen again. And the Lakers are deeper. I think it’s quote probable the Lakers win it all. I would have to be curse if the same thing happened again. The duo of Lebron and AD is much more dangerous than most think. In fact they may even make the Kobe Shaq duo seem insignificant. Its likely that either Cousins or Kuzma become stars. Than combine that with all the 3 point shooters it should be lethal

Last edited by lar9149 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) YEAH, WE ARE!!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

nice thread. hell yea.
diamondcutter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I was about to place a $1000 bet on bovada a week before the Lakers traded for AD. They were 20:1 favorites to win it at that point but I thought it was pretty obvious they would land AD and had a good chance at Kawhi. Alas I got cold feet last second as I had my cursor hovering over "Place Bet" and cancelled it instead.

A week later, they traded for AD and I saw those odds disintegrate to 3:1.

Still kicking myself over that

Bovada wouldn’t have let you place a $1000 wager. I wanted to put $5000 on it but they capped my maximum wager at $120!

So I had to have a bunch of my friends place $120 bets for me. It was a pain in the ass but it was worth the effort to get the Lakers at 20-1. I’m just upset I wasn’t able to get more action on it.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

If healthy I really cannot see who can beat us in 7 game series. Maybe Flippers or Denver but doubt it. In the finals who knows. Everything is possible.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject:

I share your optimism and i would go even further, i think that we are going to win back-to-back championships.

Other than most obvious reasons like Lebron being the best player in the league and AD being the second best, i think that there will be more positive surprises from our roster besides Cousins, Kuzma, Bradley and Green.

I truly think that KCP will have the best year of his career and that all people hating on him here will start making threads like "I hope KCP will opt-in" or "We must keep KCP" or "Who would have thought that KCP will become Finals MVP?"

Plus i also think that Rondo will have amazing season and that all his haters will beg him to opt-in and stay beyond next season.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject:

It’s destiny.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject:

We got the tools, we got the talent.

(For those Ghostbusters fans out there)
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject:

#17 HERE WE COME
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers are winning the championship this year.

Thee Black Mamba wrote:
The Lakers will be the 2020 NBA Champions.

I will be also placing a sizeable on LAL to win it all next year as a verified back up to this claim.

Before you get red in the face and try to argue your points, please take into consideration of the following:

+ A very well rested and motivated Lebron is coming back. There were a few games I was pretty heated about his poor body language and games where it seemed like he wasnt trying AT ALL, Lebron still posted 27/8/8 on a miserable roster that didnt compliment his play style.

As someone who absolutely loathed Lebron before he came to LA, even I must admit - it's very impressive at his age. He will never be Kobe to me, but he is still very very special. I expect him to have a career high in assists, few minutes played per game and overall great health as he conserves his energy for a very strong and peak like playoff run. This, combined with the fact that EVERYONE has criticized him last year, I believe he will have a very, very dominant season.

+ Anthony Davis somehow is now the most underrated player in the NBA. Because playoffs wins are a metric for how good players are to some people, AD is literally seen as a top 10 player on most boards, top 3 on others, yet isnt capable of producing winning basketball in the playoffs. He is healthy, will have one of his best seasons yet and is still in the midst of his prime. Understand that AD will be the MVP next year as the offense goes through him first, everyone else second and Lebron adjusting as needed. If both he and Bron are healthy, there is not a scarier duo than those two coming down the court. They are impossible to stop.

+ Danny Green - 2X NBA champ, excellent defender and 3PT shooter is the exact piece Lebron has been missing for a long time. Danny, on top of living in Kawhi's shadow last year, will be motivated to get back to the Finals and will FEAST off the looks Lebron and AD provide. He will have a career year, especially with the criticism he received for his poor play in the post season.

+ Kyle Kuzma - a true X factor, his (and Boogie's) play will determine if we win the chip or not. Now that the trade fiasco is over and the dust has settled, nothing motivates a man to work hard like being thrown out of the house. Having made the final cut, Kuz has enlisted Metta to help train him on defense. This plus a return to a sold 3PT percentage and youve got another player who will be feasting from open looks.

+ Demarcus Cousins - This is the steal of the offseason. Next year's excuses for winning the chip will be literally "The Lakers had 4 All Stars". Go look at the video posted today of Boogie talking with the media for the Lakers - bro slimmed down 40lbs or more. Its crazy. Even returning from TWO injuries he still posted a solid 16-8 in the post season. I expect a massive contribution from him all season long.

Load management is the new formula for championships. Expect a lot of teams to manage the minutes and games of their star players next year. We have quite a few scoring threats that can rotate and keep our stars fresh for the playoffs.

Ill update as soon as I place my bet.

Lovin your positivity, OP. Let's go!!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:

It’s destiny.

(Damn if we were only a little bit better in 1990 lol)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

So many new players. And lacking a guard who can create and make tough shots.

I could see us winning it but I can see us coming a little short too in our first year.
Thee Black Mamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

After all of the latest trades, are biggest threat is LAC and they need to load manage Kawhi, meaning PG13 has to take on more of a work load.

Given PG's previous injury history, he will be very very fortunate to stay healthy heading into the playoffs.

Besides our motivated roster, we have enough offensive depth where we can rest Lebron on back to backs, AD as well. Kuzma getting better is just a bonus and could potentially be our 4th or 3rd threat - well see.

A lot of people use regular season team wins as a metric for success, but I can see this team coasting to 55 wins, staying healthy all season with a lot of players getting minutes distributed to them.

If we are a top 4 seed with a healthy Lebron, AD and Cousin, I dont see how we can lose to any other team out there in a 7 game series.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
#17 HERE WE COME
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
danzag wrote:
#17 HERE WE COME
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Being completely objective......I predict

2020 Title goes to the Purple and Gold

and health permitted Clippers take 2021 :throwup:
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Has a team ever gone from lottery to title the following season?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Has a team ever gone from lottery to title the following season?

The Celtics did in 2007-2008...

15th in conference to 1st.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

At this point just pray for the health of our players and let the 'CHIPS fall where they may.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

People do not realize how hideously constructed last year's team was. They literally put 4 non shooters around Lebron in the starting lineup. I blame it all on Magic Johnson.

1. Brandon Ingram: can't shoot 3s, never has, and even the one year he had a decent % came on an extreme low number of attempts.

2. Lonzo Ball: not going to get into it, you know the numbers

3. Kyle Kuzma: shot 30 percent from 3 on a high volume of looks, he's back and hopefully his shot reverts back to his rookie year. At least he has a history of making a decent percentage of 3s. He's working his tail off.

4. McGee: non shooter

Plus Ingram and Ball needed the rock in their hands to be effective. Lakers this year actually have players, lo and behold, who fit.

Will add another for the OP. Coaching. Walton was awful. Vogel was an excellent coach with Indiana. Lionel Hollins and Kidd are on staff and even though he turned them down, the Lakers wanted to add Ron Adams. It looks like the Lakers actually have a clue all of a sudden when it comes to coaching.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Thee Black Mamba wrote:
After all of the latest trades, are biggest threat is LAC and they need to load manage Kawhi, meaning PG13 has to take on more of a work load.

Given PG's previous injury history, he will be very very fortunate to stay healthy heading into the playoffs.

Besides our motivated roster, we have enough offensive depth where we can rest Lebron on back to backs, AD as well. Kuzma getting better is just a bonus and could potentially be our 4th or 3rd threat - well see.

A lot of people use regular season team wins as a metric for success, but I can see this team coasting to 55 wins, staying healthy all season with a lot of players getting minutes distributed to them.

If we are a top 4 seed with a healthy Lebron, AD and Cousin, I dont see how we can lose to any other team out there in a 7 game series.

I love your optimism but essentially every point you make about the clippers Big 2 is arguably equivalent to the Lakers Big 2. And the Lakers depth is not as reliable as you are suggesting. And you are making a huge leap of faith that somehow Cousins becomes more then a specific role player with downsides to be exploited. Would love to see a Kuzma breakout year though.

Lakers will be needing to find roster chemistry and learn to trust one another on defense especially. They will be taking everyone's best shot every single night. Even the load management nights.

I thought they did a good job of re-building the team but there are some flaws and until I see them actually come together as a team (coaching and players) I am holding back a bit on the gushing proclamations.

All the puzzle pieces fall into place in a reasonable way without too many major injury setbacks and I agree- they are a 50-55 win team. Hopefully with home court for a couple series. But in all honesty I will be surprised if they can survive the run to championship unscathed and fall shot. JMO.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Just placing the history of the LA Lakers at the start of every decade

1970 Finals lost to Knicks
1980 Champion
1990 Division Champ Best record
2000 Champion
2010 Champion
2020 - Going to be a very good year just have a feeling
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Just placing the history of the LA Lakers at the start of every decade

1970 Finals lost to Knicks
1980 Champion
1990 Division Champ Best record
2000 Champion
2010 Champion
2020 - Going to be a very good year just have a feeling

Most convincing argument to date . . . pun intended.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: