OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3579, 3580, 3581 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I've always liked Jared Dudley lol...

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

Jared Dudley just said that his return wasn't just about coming back to SoCal, because if the Clippers had offered him he wouldn't have accepted.

He also cited the Lakers' brand, the chance to play with LeBron and AD, and the chance to compete for a title as factors.

Stu, you will like this one...

https://twitter.com/karrikuzma/status/1149767563389411329?s=21

bwahahahahahahahaha
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
To me it's cleaner and the people are nicer (and I don't mind people being matter of fact/blunt in NY).

it is funny that you mention that....in a weird twisted way, some of that is what make Chicago blah to me. You stumble out of the hotel in the morning, cross the street to a breakfast spot in Chicago....and Flo is like "Where you guys from? Coffee? The Gravy and Biscuits is good, and how do you like your eggs?" I grew up in the country, and it just is not unique to me....but you stumble out of your hotel in Manhattan to a deli, walk up to the counter, and it is clear the man or woman behind the counter is not into recommendations and you will likely be taking your eggs how ever they feel like giving them to you...and they could care less where you are from or where you are going." As a kid that grew up in the hills and never traveled out of the South much when younger....that is just unique, real....like TV (bleep). Also, at nighttime, Chicago is a ghost town and you have to go out into the neighborhoods to find good bars, etc....doesn't matter where you are staying in NYC....any time of the night/morning, you walk out of the hotel lobby and the city is moving....there is a heartbeat.

You my friend are a masochist.

I just think I relate more the the dude behind the counter....we both understand our entire relationship begins and ends with that bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and my $5.....so why waste the energy to telling Flo I am from WV or live in FL....so then she can tell me her niece lives in WV, and it is so pretty, etc. etc. as if that somehow connects us?

It's about repeat business and if two people are serving the exact same product... the friendly person will win.

The key is whether the friendly person knows when to stop.

If I saw you come up to me all business... I'd be polite and quick.

If there was no line and the person wanted to talk, I'd keep talking.

Shouldn't be doing retail if you don't like people... Robots will replace us soon enough, but until then... I think the majority prefers someone who makes eye contact and makes small talk as long as it doesn't hold up the line.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If you asked NBA players to rank the cities where they and their families would like to live, Houston and OKC would be in the bottom half.

Houston is the 4th largest Media Market in the USA and has zero State income tax. I doubt it is in the bottom half of NBA player preferred destinations.

I think AH is from or lives in Texas. I'll take his word on whether it's a pleasant place to live.

I like Houston, but a lot of people have issues with the heat and humidity. Fundamentally, it is a blue collar town centered around the seaport and the oil industry. This is not a glamorous town. DS is right that a lot of football and baseball players live here during the winter, but I would expect a lot of other cities to be more appealing to young (relatively speaking) men who play basketball and whose offseason is during the summer.

LA (two teams), NYC (two teams), SF, Chicago, Miami, Phoenix, Denver, Philly -- all of those strike me as places that would be more popular with players and their families. I have no idea how NBA players would rank some of the other cities, like Portland, Sacramento, San Antonio, Atlanta, DC, Toronto, and Orlando. Overall, I'd expect Houston to be in the bottom half for an NBA player, but I don't mean that it would be at the very bottom. I'd have to think that OKC is in the same category as SLC, New Orleans, Cleveland, Detroit, and Indianapolis.

It would be interesting to take a poll of NBA players and find out what they really think.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If you asked NBA players to rank the cities where they and their families would like to live, Houston and OKC would be in the bottom half.

Houston is the 4th largest Media Market in the USA and has zero State income tax. I doubt it is in the bottom half of NBA player preferred destinations.

I think AH is from or lives in Texas. I'll take his word on whether it's a pleasant place to live.

I chose Louisiana over Houston

That explains a lot.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Last 5 seasons

Harden #1 in Usage Rate
Westbrook #2 in Usage Rate

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1149577973906862080?s=21

This is going to be so much fun to watch

I think it's going to be awesome to watch Russ and Harden play together. They should be good too. But I have the same questions about fit as most.

They will have at least one killer on the floor who can destroy defenses for 48 mpg, so there's some margin of improvement there. But when playing together, it seems like it will be a sum lesser than it's parts kind off thing. Obviously Ingram doesn't hold up in this comparison to either Rocket star, but it's kind of like how he and James didn't get the most out of playing together. At least in that case, Ingram was a plus defender. How does Houston's defense function when you have two guards that expect their teammates to get stops (was also a concern with a LeBron and Kyrie reunion).

It should be fun though.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Last 5 seasons

Harden #1 in Usage Rate
Westbrook #2 in Usage Rate

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1149577973906862080?s=21

This is going to be so much fun to watch

I think it's going to be awesome to watch Russ and Harden play together. They should be good too. But I have the same questions about fit as most.

They will have at least one killer on the floor who can destroy defenses for 48 mpg, so there's some margin of improvement there. But when playing together, it seems like it will be a sum lesser than it's parts kind off thing. Obviously Ingram doesn't hold up in this comparison to either Rocket star, but it's kind of like how he and James didn't get the most out of playing together. At least in that case, Ingram was a plus defender. How does Houston's defense function when you have two guards that expect their teammates to get stops (was also a concern with a LeBron and Kyrie reunion).

It should be fun though.

2018-2019
.428 FG% (20.2 attempts per game)
.290 3PT% (5.6 attempts per game)
4.5 TO

For someone who gets a good amount of dunks, layups, and is so aggressive to the rim, that is putrid.

FG% by distance

0-3 .650
3-10 .208
10-16 .333
3PT .290

Last edited by Super Mega Team on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

give me sicilian over deep dish or ny style all day

but I do love all three and would probably choose deep dish over ny style
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
2018-2019
4.5 TO

For someone who gets a good amount of dunks, layups, and is so aggressive to the rim, that is putrid.

MDA made Kendall Marshall look good. WB is gonna be scary with all that HOU floor spacing and 7 seconds or less.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

Jared Dudley just said that his return wasn't just about coming back to SoCal, because if the Clippers had offered him he wouldn't have accepted.

He also cited the Lakers' brand, the chance to play with LeBron and AD, and the chance to compete for a title as factors.

bwahahahahahahahaha

Real Score:

kuz has 761K followers

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma

clits have 1.46M

https://twitter.com/LAClippers
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

Really think Chris Paul buys out of OKC. He wants a big market. And he wants to win now.

If he and Rondo can bury the hatchet, I could see him coming here.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PHILosophize wrote:
give me sicilian over deep dish or ny style all day

but I do love all three and would probably choose deep dish over ny style

I wouldn't be a good Sicilian if I didn't also endorse that style as well!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

bwahahahahahahahaha

Real Score:

kuz has 761K followers

clits have 1.46M

Someone explain to him the difference between twitter and instagram
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
2018-2019
4.5 TO

MDA made Kendall Marshall look good. WB is gonna be scary with all that HOU floor spacing and 7 seconds or less.

Perhaps but he turns 31 by the time the season starts and is coming off a pretty bad year. Sure, the system helps but Mike's system is 3 or layups. Is he going to be jacking up more 3s at that rate?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

StoicChalice392 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

bwahahahahahahahaha

like i've been saying, even if the Clippers win a title, their popularity in the city will still take a backseat to the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Really think Chris Paul buys out of OKC. He wants a big market. And he wants to win now.

That would be unprecedented. A 100m+ buyout.

I think he gets traded to a team like Miami where they can send expiring deals there and maybe OKC actually sends a pick to Miami as a salary dump price.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

no one is buying out of $120 mil he is gonna get traded to Miami
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

bwahahahahahahahaha

Real Score:

kuz has 761K followers

clits have 1.46M

Someone explain to him the difference between twitter and instagram

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

bwahahahahahahahaha

like i've been saying, even if the Clippers win a title, their popularity in the city will still take a backseat to the Lakers.

The national media class will have a collective orgasm but in LA? It’ll be like it never happened.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
2018-2019
4.5 TO

Perhaps but he turns 31 by the time the season starts and is coming off a pretty bad year. Sure, the system helps but Mike's system is 3 or layups. Is he going to be jacking up more 3s at that rate?

"Pretty bad year" by his standards. The dude still boarded and dimed like crazy. Had a 20+ PER. And he didn't struggle at all athletically.

He'll ISO and Pick and roll and get whatever he wants with that floor spacing. Doesn't need to jack up uncomfortable 3s. CP3 didn't. CP3 killed it from midrange in MDA's system.

The players who HAVE TO jack up 3s in MDAs system are the role players. But HOU will still underachieve in the playoffs. Like every MDA team that has ever existed.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

You're right, I do! And you have idiots like Will Cain who said that Kawhi now "runs LA" lol. I really hate trolls.

That's so absurd it's not even funny.....The Clips are interesting at best. It doesn't matter what the Clips do they will never, never, ever be more to this city than the Lakers...I don't care about Kawhi, PG, Balls, or West they are the Clips...and will always be just that...the Clips
microbe obliterator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
To me it's cleaner and the people are nicer (and I don't mind people being matter of fact/blunt in NY).

it is funny that you mention that....in a weird twisted way, some of that is what make Chicago blah to me. You stumble out of the hotel in the morning, cross the street to a breakfast spot in Chicago....and Flo is like "Where you guys from? Coffee? The Gravy and Biscuits is good, and how do you like your eggs?" I grew up in the country, and it just is not unique to me....but you stumble out of your hotel in Manhattan to a deli, walk up to the counter, and it is clear the man or woman behind the counter is not into recommendations and you will likely be taking your eggs how ever they feel like giving them to you...and they could care less where you are from or where you are going." As a kid that grew up in the hills and never traveled out of the South much when younger....that is just unique, real....like TV (bleep). Also, at nighttime, Chicago is a ghost town and you have to go out into the neighborhoods to find good bars, etc....doesn't matter where you are staying in NYC....any time of the night/morning, you walk out of the hotel lobby and the city is moving....there is a heartbeat.

kinda reminded me of:
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I chose Louisiana over Houston

That explains a lot.

I would too, New Orleans is cool.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I think he gets traded to a team like Miami where they can send expiring deals there and maybe OKC actually sends a pick to Miami as a salary dump price.

In two months' time, they could do Dragic, Johnson, and Leonard for CP3 and Patterson. Maybe no 1st round picks even change hands, if Miami is desperate enough to get a quality (if vastly overpaid) player to pair with Jimmy Buckets. Maybe Miami can recoup a couple of 2nd's, though. And maybe OKC would be willing to give up one 1st, who knows. And then OKC obviously saves a ton of money, and they could even flip Dragic for a 2nd, I'm guessing.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Pat Riley didn't want to pay DWade. Don't see why he'd want to pay Paul. Buyout seems like the most likely scenario. Even if it isn't ideal.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
2018-2019
4.5 TO

"Pretty bad year" by his standards. The dude still boarded and dimed like crazy. Had a 20+ PER. And he didn't struggle at all athletically.

He'll ISO and Pick and roll and get whatever he wants with that floor spacing. Doesn't need to jack up uncomfortable 3s. CP3 didn't. CP3 killed it from midrange in MDA's system.

The players who HAVE TO jack up 3s in MDAs system are the role players. But HOU will still underachieve in the playoffs. Like every MDA team that has ever existed.

If they start off slow I think they Mike brown him after a couple games
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3579, 3580, 3581 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3580 of 8560
Jump to: