serious odom trade discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: serious odom trade discussion

davidse wrote:
first of all - make no mistake about it - odom has been huge for us, has played very well, and is a very valuable member of this team.

so why bring this up ?

two things have me intrigued -

1. we seem to be doing pretty well offensively without odom

2. ak47 is having a bad year and has his issues fitting in offensively with the jazz.

i think that right now odom's value even eclipses kirilenko's.

but thing is, if we're doing so well offensively, how would we do if we traded odom for kirilenko and a 1st rd pick (i think we should be compensated in such a swap).

the offense shouldn't be worse than it is right now - already running without lamar, the defense - our weak link, would be vastly improved, and we'll get another pick in a very strong draft.

kirilenko has already shown he can play very well - defend and rebound as a pf - actually made the all star team as a pf.

taking nothing away from what odom means to this team, isn't it a thought that's worth entertaining ?

jazz would be all over it i'm sure.

You did say serious, right? Wait a minute. I have to go outside. My wife says she thinks I'm going to be sick on the new carpet.
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: serious odom trade discussion

24 wrote:
TLT wrote:
24 wrote:
TLT wrote:
davidse wrote:
first of all - make no mistake about it - odom has been huge for us, has played very well, and is a very valuable member of this team.

so why bring this up ?

two things have me intrigued -

1. we seem to be doing pretty well offensively without odom

2. ak47 is having a bad year and has his issues fitting in offensively with the jazz.

i think that right now odom's value even eclipses kirilenko's.

but thing is, if we're doing so well offensively, how would we do if we traded odom for kirilenko and a 1st rd pick (i think we should be compensated in such a swap).

the offense shouldn't be worse than it is right now - already running without lamar, the defense - our weak link, would be vastly improved, and we'll get another pick in a very strong draft.

kirilenko has already shown he can play very well - defend and rebound as a pf - actually made the all star team as a pf.

taking nothing away from what odom means to this team, isn't it a thought that's worth entertaining ?

jazz would be all over it i'm sure.

Why don't we have a contest to see who can name more than 3 players in the NBA that HAVEN'T been mentioned as possible trades for Odom?

I assume we can't cheat by naming three Lakers?

No cheating, but even then you would have to omit Evans and Vald and McKie. And maybe Smush?

OK then, hmmmmm...

Shaquille O'Neal
Brian Grant
Caron Butler
Chucky Atkins

Touche'
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

At this point in time there is no player out there who would give you everything Odom does BUT that doesn't mean you shouldn't ever trade him. I would trade him for a certain list of impact players, but AK is not one of them.

I also don't think Phil would trade him right now for anything short of a KG, Howard impact player etc. Not even Gasol/JO/EB because they would need alot of time to get re-incoperated and the Lakers are not very talented PG wise. If someone offered something really great, they'd do it. So that's why at this point in the season the only guy I could see the Lakers realistically move Odom for is KG.

Good post, Wolf. Very good

Question for all LGers.

Do you think that trade value of KG as of today is LO and filler contracts only (like Mihm, Shammu and McKie)?

Because I do...

No way T-Wolves take Odom and fillers. It doesn't work cap wise either, especially because the Wolves would never take 4 players for 1 as they would have to drop two players to make it work (they have 14 players on their roster).

Secondly, wolves likely make the playoffs this season, so no way they trade him this year now.

Just for speculation, a trade I would consider would be Odom, Mckie, Vlad, Mihm, and two draft picks for KG and Jaric (it works cap wise). I hate giving up Odom and thats the problem, because no way the Wolves would even think about it unless they get BOTH Odom and Bynum; which then you would basically exchange Mckie for Bynum in the above trade.

Doesn't matter.... I don't think we trade for anyone this year and stay status quo. Phil hates mid-season acquisitions because it messes up chemistry and the offense takes a huge setback from a learning perspective. Its a shame though since Mihm, Shamu, and Mckie represent $10 Million in expiring contracts that must be attractive to some teams.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: