Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 763, 764, 765 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbitboc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Davis won’t wear #23 after all.

Quote:
When the Lakers inquired with the league about the jersey change, they were informed the March 15 deadline had past, sources close to the situation told Yahoo Sports. However, the league would have allowed it if the team were able to work it out with Nike, the manufacturer of the jersey, sources said.

But due to production issues and the massive financial hit Nike would have absorbed from the No. 23 James inventory that’s already been produced, Nike could not accommodate the request for this season, sources said.

Out of consideration for fans who already purchased James’ jersey and to avoid distractions for a team competing for a championship, the Lakers star will bypass seeking the number change for this season.

Davis can hit free agency next summer because he holds a player option for the 2020-21 season.

James was expected to switch back to No. 6, which he wore when he was a member of the Miami Heat.

Davis is scheduled to hold his Lakers introductory news conference Saturday.

This will affect his jersey sales this year. People will wait till next year when he changes number to buy.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

kbitboc wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:
When the Lakers inquired with the league about the jersey change, they were informed the March 15 deadline had past, sources close to the situation told Yahoo Sports. However, the league would have allowed it if the team were able to work it out with Nike, the manufacturer of the jersey, sources said.

But due to production issues and the massive financial hit Nike would have absorbed from the No. 23 James inventory that’s already been produced, Nike could not accommodate the request for this season, sources said.

Out of consideration for fans who already purchased James’ jersey and to avoid distractions for a team competing for a championship, the Lakers star will bypass seeking the number change for this season.

Davis can hit free agency next summer because he holds a player option for the 2020-21 season.

James was expected to switch back to No. 6, which he wore when he was a member of the Miami Heat.

This will affect his jersey sales this year. People will wait till next year when he changes number to buy.

Stupid ass Nike needs to just eat that hit on the inventory. They'll make it back with new sales of #6 Bron and #23 AD in Lakers colors
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
When can we extend AD? I will feel so much better when we have him locked up for more than 1 year.

July

2020?

Why 2020?

Lilliard just signed his extension. Set to be a free agent next year too before the extension.

Would change of team or years of service change the possibility? We need a salary guru.

Nothing would make me happier this season then to see Davis sign a contract extension for 4 years as soon as possible. Don't want the drama of another free agency decision.

Reportedly he said he wants to be a Lake. So be a Laker!

I'm your guru!

Quote:
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes

Anthony Davis, who could sign extension with the Lakers this offseason, will play out the 2019-20 season and enter free agency next year, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

3:53 PM - 15 Jun 2019

Quote:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus

Lakers are better off with AD taking the trade bonus - it makes getting him an extension reasonable and possible - whereas he loses too much in an extension w/o the bonus

Damn, knew if we didn't get you know who, AD waiving his kicker could come back to haunt us...not worth contemplating trivial matters such as jersey numbers when he can simply bounce next summer.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

kbitboc wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

So if Nike is already manufacturing jerseys for next season does this mean they've already produced a bunch of Westbrook/Thunder, Kawhi/Raptors, AD/Pelicans, and CP3/Rockets jerseys?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
When can we extend AD? I will feel so much better when we have him locked up for more than 1 year.

July

2020?

Why 2020?

Lilliard just signed his extension. Set to be a free agent next year too before the extension.

Would change of team or years of service change the possibility? We need a salary guru.

Nothing would make me happier this season then to see Davis sign a contract extension for 4 years as soon as possible. Don't want the drama of another free agency decision.

I'm your guru!

Quote:
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes

Anthony Davis, who could sign extension with the Lakers this offseason, will play out the 2019-20 season and enter free agency next year, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Quote:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus

Lakers are better off with AD taking the trade bonus - it makes getting him an extension reasonable and possible - whereas he loses too much in an extension w/o the bonus

Damn, knew if we didn't get you know who, AD waiving his kicker could come back to haunt us...not worth contemplating trivial matters such as jersey numbers when he can simply bounce next summer.

If he bounces, everyone will want to rewind all the way to Kobe's 60 pt game, introduction of Luke Walton as new coach, and we steer clear of any regime takeovers in this 2nd chance timeline.

I've been following since the 80's and for the first time in my life, I think I will bail because we would have lost all our assets that we've accumulated during these non-playoff yrs for nothing. I never wanted the regime takeover in the first place. But now that we're here, I'm fully supporting them with the notion that Jeanie and Rob must know what they're doing, that they must have gotten assurances from AD's camp. If AD bails, I think I bail too.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
kbitboc wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

So if Nike is already manufacturing jerseys for next season does this mean they've already produced a bunch of Westbrook/Thunder, Kawhi/Raptors, AD/Pelicans, and CP3/Rockets jerseys?

Good point. Doesn't really make a lot of sense.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
epak wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

July

2020?

Why 2020?

I'm your guru!

Quote:
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes

Quote:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus

Unless armageddon hits (in a bad season sense), he isnt going anywhere.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

AD will wear #3

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz2E2b5A04_/?igshid=15dnxfjjw9qtq
Ingram14
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Hmm not sure I want a temporary number Davis jersey or a soon to be obsolete Lebron 23 jersey.

I’ll wait til next year. Bad move by Nike, they must have been making lots of LBJ 23’s to make them even pipe up and nix the AD23 Jersey. Should have just eaten the cost.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Ingram14 wrote:
Hmm not sure I want a temporary number Davis jersey or a soon to be obsolete Lebron 23 jersey.

I’ll wait til next year. Bad move by Nike, they must have been making lots of LBJ 23’s to make them even pipe up and nix the AD23 Jersey. Should have just eaten the cost.

Yeah I agree.... $10M to them is nothing and they could have donated them and wrote it off as an expense.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
AD will wear #3

In honor of Josh Hart (or Deavan Gump)?!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
AD will wear #3

Sedale
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Ingram14 wrote:

Think about the environment. Inventory would go straight to the landfill. And, because it takes time to make and distribute, they’re probably unable to fulfill demand if they started right now.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

I'm digging AD3
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
AD will wear #3

Sedale

Damn Sedale threatt was awesome. After magic retired he was literally our best player. And that one bounce to the left pull up J that was money. Man talk about a blast from the past.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

kbitboc wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

Idk I can see him keeping it ecspecially if he has a great year and wins a chip.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
epak wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
AD will wear #3

Sedale

Damn Sedale threatt was awesome. After magic retired he was literally our best player. And that one bounce to the left pull up J that was money. Man talk about a blast from the past.

Damn his Wikipedia is crazy

Quote:

Threatt is thought to have fathered at least fourteen children,[3] and has been married and divorced twice, firstly to Nicole Plotzker (who left him for Dr. Dre), and secondly to Britt Johnson.

Threatt was sentenced to six months prison in 2000 for failing to pay child support. Threatt had previously reached a plea agreement that called for prosecutors to recommend five months of probation, but U.S. District Judge Mark L. Wolf ignored the agreement and sentenced him to prison time. Wolf also ordered Threatt to comply with five other outstanding child-support orders for children in other jurisdictions.[4]

Threatt currently lives in Melbourne, Australia,[5] working alongside his eldest son, Sedale Threatt Jr., in his company, Australian Basketball Development (AUBD).[6] Threatt has another son also named Sedale Threatt Jr., who played quarterback for Lehigh University,[3] and later became an actor.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Lol. Wow. Great wiki find. Sad for him though
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lol. Wow. Great wiki find. Sad for him though

I'm more sad for his lack of creativity when it comes to naming his sons. That's almost George Foreman bad.
Shoot Like Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Hard to say who I would rate higher amongst the top tier big man.

Embiid vs AD.

Still I have Embiid over AD....

Wrong.
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Don't worry, he won't bounce, he'll sign 4+1 max next July, people really need to stop worrying about AD's future, he'll retire as a Laker.

numero-ocho wrote:

They already made so many #23 Lebron jerseys that financial hit would be well into the tens of millions of dollars.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject:

I don't think AD will betray us. We compromised our future for him- His agent is Rich Paul and I don't think that he wants to (bleep) Lebron's final years. However, we need to advance far into the playoffs in order to avoid any bad scenario.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

LOL Nike shat on the bed with this (bleep)

I'm digging AD3 though
I think he sticks with this number for the remainder of his Laker career
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
I don't think AD will betray us. We compromised our future for him- His agent is Rich Paul and I don't think that he wants to (bleep) Lebron's final years. However, we need to advance far into the playoffs in order to avoid any bad scenario.

Perspective is a funny thing.

A player picks our team he is simply taking advantage of his rights and opportunities. He chooses another team he is “betraying” us?

I just want Davis to back up the sentiment with his signature on a contract. I will remain uneasy until he does. Too much invested in him being the MVP franchise leader for the next five years not to.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

I like that AD has guard skills in a big man's body. He has an athleticism advantage and size advantage at the 4, and then with the guard skills, he should be absolutely living up high at the top of the arc. We need to give him lots of looks with the ball as Lebron or Cousins in 2 man games. You could use AD as a ballhandler while LBJ sets a screen. You could use Cousins as the screen setter. You can use Lebron as the ballhandler, or Cousins. There's so much you can do there with them, so long as they develop the right chemistry and timing. Teams will have a hard time understanding what to do defensively because you have players that can shoot from outside, drive as a guard, roll to the basket and finish.

I hope we make it simple - get two shooters starting in the backcourt. Use Lebron as the primary ballhandler. Use AD and Cousins similar to how Gentry used him. No complicated offense. Focus on defense this first season. Add more to the offense as the season evolves. Do not make it a cluster (bleep), just keep it simple early on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 763, 764, 765 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 764 of 1425
Jump to: