OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3610, 3611, 3612 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
kikanga wrote:
There are no good choices for Presti when it comes to CP3.
If Presti didn't have promises made by other GMs before the trade (and day by day, it's looking more like that), he might just be an idiot.

Not an idiot either way. He took less salary with CP3 and got two picks. Also avoided lux tax.

No matter your thoughts on WB. He's worth more than Presti got, if CP3 isn't trade for more value. ]If you trade a triple double machine (WB) for an untradeable contract (CP3). IMO you might be an idiot. Especially knowing they're entering a rebuilding phase. CP3 might win you games you don't want to win, if he does somehow choose to play and not pull an Anthony Davis.
Hard to say this was the best trade available for the ex-MVP. Why not trade WB for 3 good young players?

Who was offering 3 good, young players for WB?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
If Presti didn't have trade promises made by another GM ahead of time (and day by day, it's looking more like that), Presti might just be an idiot.

Presti did the deal knowing he might have to hang onto Paul.

His goal was to get a couple of picks for the rebuilding. As big as Paul's contract is, it's a year shorter than Westbrook's.

It's possible Presti might be able to move Paul in a year or two, but there really wasn't a way to get someone to take Paul immediately without paying them with picks, which really doesn't help the OKC.

Paul gets screwed by the deal, but OKC does OK.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Steven Adams to San Antonio makes too much sense but is Popovich willing to offer a young asset, Dejounte Murray or Derrick White, with multiple first round picks? Maybe that young asset could be offset swapping Chris Paul and Demar Derozan? I think there is a deal there as long as Presti gets multiple first round picks.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
kikanga wrote:
If Presti didn't have promises made by other GMs before the trade (and day by day, it's looking more like that), he might just be an idiot.

Not an idiot either way. He took less salary with CP3 and got two picks. Also avoided lux tax.

No matter your thoughts on WB. He's worth more than Presti got, if CP3 isn't trade for more value. ]If you trade a triple double machine (WB) for an untradeable contract (CP3). IMO you might be an idiot. Especially knowing they're entering a rebuilding phase. CP3 might win you games you don't want to win, if he does somehow choose to play and not pull an Anthony Davis.
Hard to say this was the best trade available for the ex-MVP. Why not trade WB for 3 good young players?

Who was offering 3 good, young players for WB?

Nobody. Lol.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chris Paul should just accept his new role and finish his career where it began in OKC. You could make an argument that OKC would not even have a team if not for Chris Paul.

I haven't heard anyone bring this up, but how about Milwaukee? They're probably the safest bet to get to the Finals which would incentive Paul to make concessions on the guarantee in his option year. A deal of Bledsoe, Hill and Illyasova for Paul works financially. There's a $33 million difference in guaranteed salary, but Paul could agree to reduce his guarantee in the final year of his deal to bridge some of that gap. That gives him his best shot at a ring for the next two years, or at least for one year after which he could see where things stood. The Bucks could show Giannis they're serious about winning.

They would be a favorite in what looks to be a healthy buyout market too with Giannis and Paul with a pretty clear path to the finals.

There’s few ways that trading for CP3 and his contract can be a value and Bucks getting a player like CP3 will definitely help them in the playoff run and could be that final piece. Also another is Charlotte if they are having buyers remorse with Rozier. They have Batum at disposal too. Celtics could also do it if they believed Kemba is not a good fit or if Jaylen Brown is finally putting together making Hayward expendable .. Wolves can also make a play if they gonna have a disappointing start again . A lot of teams does not want to do that right now because CP3 is a known diva but teams do get desperate. CP3 might be past it but he’s still can be a key contributor. OKC will most likely hold on into him and showcase him well enough to entice teams by the trade deadline.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
If Presti didn't have trade promises made by another GM ahead of time (and day by day, it's looking more like that), Presti might just be an idiot.

What are you even talking about? He saved 1 year of Westbrooks salary, got picks, and got worse. CP3 wasn't his goal, the picks and 40 million in savings was. You really don't know how this works?

I gotta admit. The thought of Chris Paul spending the next year or two playing in OKC while his team is tanking brings a smile to my face.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

honestly, if the FO feels like they would be ok with Kuzma and Dudley defending bigger SF's when Lebron is on the bench or playing PF, I might be interested in adding Christian Wood. Sign him to a 2 year deal (2nd non guaranteed). 23 year old, and a lot of talent to take a chance on.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chris Paul should just accept his new role and finish his career where it began in OKC. You could make an argument that OKC would not even have a team if not for Chris Paul.

I haven't heard anyone bring this up, but how about Milwaukee? They're probably the safest bet to get to the Finals which would incentive Paul to make concessions on the guarantee in his option year. A deal of Bledsoe, Hill and Illyasova for Paul works financially. There's a $33 million difference in guaranteed salary, but Paul could agree to reduce his guarantee in the final year of his deal to bridge some of that gap. That gives him his best shot at a ring for the next two years, or at least for one year after which he could see where things stood. The Bucks could show Giannis they're serious about winning.

They would be a favorite in what looks to be a healthy buyout market too with Giannis and Paul with a pretty clear path to the finals.

There’s few ways that trading for CP3 and his contract can be a value and Bucks getting a player like CP3 will definitely help them in the playoff run and could be that final piece. Also another is Charlotte if they are having buyers remorse with Rozier. They have Batum at disposal too. Celtics could also do it if they believed Kemba is not a good fit or if Jaylen Brown is finally putting together making Hayward expendable .. Wolves can also make a play if they gonna have a disappointing start again . A lot of teams does not want to do that right now because CP3 is a known diva but teams do get desperate. CP3 might be past it but he’s still can be a key contributor. OKC will most likely hold on into him and showcase him well enough to entice teams by the trade deadline.

Hornets don't make sense. Rozier is making 58 million total. CP3 makes about 40 million a year for the next 3. MJ ain't paying that. Lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Still think CP3 ends up in Miami. They are desperate for another star, and OKC, I'm sure, wants to get out from paying him. The issue, obviously, will be what OKC has to give up to shed him. I'm starting to think that OKC parting with 1 first round pick might be the most fair trade. They got two 1st's for swapping out RW for CP3, so if they get rid of CP3, they still end up ahead by 1 first rounder, and they obviously save a ton of money as well. If they took the expirings of Dragic and Leonard, along with James Johnson's two years, they are ending their financial obligation after next season. They come out ahead by 1 first round pick, and they can probably flip Dragic for at one 1 second round pick, too, sometime during the season.

OKC wanted at least one strong young asset from Miami in a possible RW trade, but I don't think they can possibly hold out for one in a CP3 deal. Yes, OKC already owns Miami's 2021 and 2023 first round picks. Maybe OKC can send back to Miami the '21 or '23 pick, they save a ton of money, they can flip Dragic to recoup a 2nd rounder, and everyone calls it a day.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
honestly, if the FO feels like they would be ok with Kuzma and Dudley defending bigger SF's when Lebron is on the bench or playing PF, I might be interested in adding Christian Wood. Sign him to a 2 year deal (2nd non guaranteed). 23 year old, and a lot of talent to take a chance on.

I want him. Think he has gotten a lot better and is ready to turn a corner.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I know nothing about him, but if you are right then why hasn’t he been signed yet?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Hornets don't make sense. Rozier is making 58 million total. CP3 makes about 40 million a year for the next 3. MJ ain't paying that. Lol

Batum salary makes it work for them. If OKC give up one of their 1st round pick as sweetener, it can be done.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

What are you even talking about? He saved 1 year of Westbrooks salary, got picks, and got worse. CP3 wasn't his goal, the picks and 40 million in savings was. You really don't know how this works?

You think CP3's contract was the best thing an ex-MVP was worth. And I don't know how it works?

Yesterday you were saying CP3 was garbage, yet still tradeable. You're embarrassing yourself. Where will you move the goalposts next? You're great at disagreeing. Horrible at defending any position. It's why you conveniently don't have one.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Batum salary makes it work for them. If OKC give up one of their 1st round pick as sweetener, it can be done.

A lot of stuff can be done, but Jordan isn't paying CP3. Lol.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I know nothing about him, but if you are right then why hasn’t he been signed yet?

The dude was just released today. Give it a few more hours. LOL. In all seriousness, I'm sure that his agent is making calls and canvassing the league. He's good enough to be on an NBA roster and I'm sure that guaranteed offers will come, but if his agent is smart, and if Wood is smart, he should want to land on a team that gives him the most clear path to playing time, if the money is equal.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

ChickenStu wrote:
Still think CP3 ends up in Miami. They are desperate for another star, and OKC, I'm sure, wants to get out from paying him. The issue, obviously, will be what OKC has to give up to shed him. I'm starting to think that OKC parting with 1 first round pick might be the most fair trade. They got two 1st's for swapping out RW for CP3, so if they get rid of CP3, they still end up ahead by 1 first rounder, and they obviously save a ton of money as well. If they took the expirings of Dragic and Leonard, along with James Johnson's two years, they are ending their financial obligation after next season. They come out ahead by 1 first round pick, and they can probably flip Dragic for at one 1 second round pick, too, sometime during the season.

OKC wanted at least one strong young asset from Miami in a possible RW trade, but I don't think they can possibly hold out for one in a CP3 deal. Yes, OKC already owns Miami's 2021 and 2023 first round picks. Maybe OKC can send back to Miami the '21 or '23 pick, they save a ton of money, they can flip Dragic to recoup a 2nd rounder, and everyone calls it a day.

I think Miami is waiting if Beal is gonna extend or not by this month. Because if not, Wizards will most likely rebuild completely and Wall is part of the Beal package. And I think that’s make more sense for Miami than CP3.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

kikanga wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

You think CP3's contract was the best thing an ex-MVP was worth. And I don't know how it works?

Yesterday you were saying CP3 was garbage, yet still tradeable. You're embarrassing yourself. Where will you move the goalposts next?

I said tradable in a year or 2 or if the Thunder gave up a pick or 2. You just keep saying stupid stuff that won't happen.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I gotta admit. The thought of Chris Paul spending the next year or two playing in OKC while his team is tanking brings a smile to my face.

Hahaha same. Never been a fan of CP3.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:

I said tradable in a year or 2 or if the Thunder gave up a pick or 2. You just keep saying stupid stuff that won't happen.

NOW you're saying that. You literally agreed with MHan when he made the same point I made. You're embarassing yourself.

CP3 was the best thing anybody could get for WB?

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yesterday you were saying CP3 was garbage, yet still tradeable. You're embarrassing yourself. Where will you move the goalposts next? You're great at disagreeing. Horrible at defending any position. It's why you conveniently don't have one.

There has not been 1 person to agree with you in 2 days. You should bow out instead of looking like an idiot.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

NOW you're saying that. You literally agreed with MHan when he made the same point I made. You're embarassing yourself.

CP3 was the best thing anybody could get for WB?

No, I said there was no way he would get bought out. That was your main garbage argument. Just stop being an idiot now since you lost.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
There has not been 1 person to agree with you in 2 days. You should bow out instead of looking like an idiot.

Just because you type it. Doesn't make it true. Please check the last page of this thread to see someone agreeing with me.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

CP3's contract was the best thing anybody could get for WB?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

A lot of stuff can be done, but Jordan isn't paying CP3. Lol.

LMAO he paid Batum 120 mil. At least CP3 can fill up seats.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling Presti is going to give Adams on a discount to his buddy, Winger.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3610, 3611, 3612 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3611 of 8560
Jump to: