OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3633, 3634, 3635 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

KL chose the Clips, I am moving on. He was a free agent, he picked where he wanted to go, good for him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
We can hope we do better than the Clippers and one viewpoint is since the Lakers and Raptors were in the mix, it forced the Clippers to “give up an incredible haul” of draft picks to OKC.

Who was in the mix to force us to give up an incredible haul for AD?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

^
Boston?
https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/anthony-davis-rumors-boston-celtics-the-landing-spot-for-anthony-davis-report.html

Ny?
https://elitesportsny.com/2019/06/01/anthony-davis-wants-new-york-knicks-as-much-or-more-than-lakers-report/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Kawhi opts out of his deal in 2 years and Giannis is a FA who do you guys prefer between the 2? I gotta say I really like Kawhi but if we have a chance at Giannis that would be amazing... AD + Giannis.. wow.

The only way Kawhi opts out is if things go horribly wrong with the Clippers, he would be giving up Bird Rights.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

This strikes me as good ol' Lakers martyr complex. At most, Leonard kept the Lakers in the picture to put pressure on the Clippers and Toronto to trade for Paul George. You know what? People outside of basketball do things like that every day. No one made the Lakers wait around for Leonard.

As for Davis, he signed a contract with New Orleans, then decided that he didn't want to honor it when the going got tough. Okay, that's his right, and I respect it. We all should. But if you were a Pelicans fan, you would not think that Davis is a high character guy right now.

Playing the Lakers martyr seems more fun (and apt?) than playing the holier-than-thou bastion of worker's rights, especially on a Lakers forum.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

K2 wrote:
^
Boston?
https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/anthony-davis-rumors-boston-celtics-the-landing-spot-for-anthony-davis-report.html

Ny?
https://elitesportsny.com/2019/06/01/anthony-davis-wants-new-york-knicks-as-much-or-more-than-lakers-report/

VLF has a case of selective memory when it comes to picking and choosing which pieces of history to remember when pushing his anti-current FO narrative.

It's quite amazing to watch TBH, as you pick up on it, lol.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Kawhi opts out of his deal in 2 years and Giannis is a FA who do you guys prefer between the 2? I gotta say I really like Kawhi but if we have a chance at Giannis that would be amazing... AD + Giannis.. wow.

The only way Kawhi opts out is if things go horribly wrong with the Clippers, he would be giving up Bird Rights.

Early Bird rights. If the cap goes up a decent amount, that's not a path to greatest earnings. A cap team (which could include the Lakers) would be.

Last edited by Laker's Fan on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see our team putting in so much work this off season.

Cook, McGee, and KCP put in work at the Mamba sports academy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Hn2hdnl20/?igshid=a5yc1kus2lsc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:

One thing I really like and I think we will all appreciate in this years team is the underdog mentality of just about every guy down the roster. Every single one should be extremely motivated to go ham on every other team. They're going to be a feisty, hardworking, flashy bunch.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
We can hope we do better than the Clippers and one viewpoint is since the Lakers and Raptors were in the mix, it forced the Clippers to “give up an incredible haul” of draft picks to OKC.

Public perception?
Lebron timeline?
Pelinka and company could not come up empty.

The trade wasn’t made in a vacuum.

Last edited by Super Mega Team on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

One thing I really like and I think we will all appreciate in this years team is the underdog mentality of just about every guy down the roster. Every single one should be extremely motivated to go ham on every other team. They're going to be a feisty, hardworking, flashy bunch.

Let's hope so! :fingers_crossed:
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Sources: The Dallas Mavericks have waived forward Kostas Antetokounmpo, who’s on a two-way NBA deal.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1152322209920225287?s=21

Get him Lakers. At least two way.

AD + Giannis would be like a cheat code!

Too soon to think about 2021 though, so I'm not even gonna.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Early Bird rights. If the cap goes up a decent amount, that's not a path to greatest earnings. A cap team (which could include the Lakers) would be.

No, he would have Early Bird Rights after 2 seasons, leaving then would cost his full Bird Rights after his third season. Lakers will be a cap team?
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't think the lakers will meet with him come his free agency (#2) the 2nd time around they will probably focus on davis and maybe beal. The way this agency was handled probably left a bad impression on the lakers
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Spurs reportedly angry with Knicks over Marcus Morris signing

Quote:
One NBA general manager told Frank Isola of The Athletic that the Spurs are “pissed” that Morris did not honor the verbal agreement they had in place with him for a two-year, $20 million deal. He instead signed a one-year, $15 million contract with the Knicks, and that came after San Antonio created more cap space by trading Davis Bertans and having free agent DeMarre Carroll tweak his deal. While there are no rules against what Morris and the Knicks did, it is certainly frowned upon.

Quote:
Morris and his agent, Rich Paul, parted ways after Morris agreed to sign with the Knicks. A report has since claimed that was because Paul wanted Morris to stick with the Spurs.

Morris has a right to change his mind, but you don’t see things unfold that way often in NBA free agency. It’s no surprise it has likely negatively impacted the relationship between the Spurs and Knicks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/spurs-reportedly-angry-with-knicks-over-marcus-morris-signing/ar-AAEzYoP?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846317-lakers-rumors-kyle-kuzma-parts-ways-with-agents-at-priority-sports-management

Left his agent Kuzma?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:

Nice. MB sand dune. Haven't seen any Lakers posting videos of working out there since the Breakfast Club days of DLo, JC, and LNJ.

Good to see the team bonding in the off-season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846317-lakers-rumors-kyle-kuzma-parts-ways-with-agents-at-priority-sports-management

Left his agent Kuzma?

not sure I would leave Mark Bartelstein.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Left his agent Kuzma?

I have Rich Paul & Klutch as the favorites to get Kuzma to sign with them.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Left his agent Kuzma?

If I am the Lakers FO, I would hope not. It is just not healthy to have so much of your talent with one agency.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

Nice. MB sand dune. Haven't seen any Lakers posting videos of working out there since the Breakfast Club days of DLo, JC, and LNJ.

Good to see the team bonding in the off-season.

Ocho this may be a special year
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No, he would have Early Bird Rights after 2 seasons, leaving then would cost his full Bird Rights after his third season. Lakers will be a cap team?

He is opting out after 2 years so there is no full Bird Rights.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Says a lot about PG's "character" when if under Dream's circumstances, he didn't want to be hitched to LBJ so he hitched himself to WB. But once they got bounced again he wanted out. So yeah, he got his money, gets to go home. But do you trust PG when it comes down to it? I wouldn't.

This is a general comment that is not aimed at you.

I believe strongly in the right of workers, including NBA players, to do what they want to do and to live there lives however they want. I’m sure that just about everyone here agrees, though they don’t always think of it that way.

So it bothers me a little to see people judging the “character” of players based on their free agency decisions. I would have preferred it if George and Leonard had signed with us, obviously. But it was their right to make their own choice, and it rubs me the wrong way to see people call them weak or conniving when they do something that is not in our best interest. It’s not like the current Lakers organization is such a glorious place that only a morally deficient person would decline the chance to play here.

What does it say about Lebron’s character that he signed with us because of his outside business interests after he couldn’t work out something better elsewhere? What does it say about Davis’ character that he signed a big contract with New Orleans and then forced a trade when things didn’t work out? I say “Nothing” to both questions. These are players exercising their right to do what they think is best for them. This does not change because the decision benefits us or does not benefit us.

Fair and excellent points.

I believe in workers’ rights too but some of the points are not valid.

1. Kahwi delayed his announcement to inhibit Laker FA moves. That is conniving. I have no problem with PG. He changed his mind and made decisions quickly.

2. Davis did not sign a big contract with NO and ask to leave. I don’t understand the purpose of those what-if questions as they never happened and are quite a different situation than what K did.

Would we have been upset if Kawhi intended to join the Lakers and wanted to ensure that the Clips would be starved out of FA? Of course we would gleefully rejoice over it and then Clips fans would be talking about Kawhi's "character."

It as dirty bro it doesn't matter if we would be accepting of it if we was the team benefiting from it.it was sneaky and dirty. I hope Lebrin and AD are motivated by this.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Left his agent Kuzma?

If I am the Lakers FO, I would hope not. It is just not healthy to have so much of your talent with one agency.

Was it strictly the FO that wanted to keep Kuzma or did LeBron have some influence on that?

Even if LeBron had no input/influence on who went and who stayed in the Davis trade, Kuzma might think that LeBron protected him and that he needs to return the favor by signing with Klutch.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You could've said that about the supermax, too. I wouldn't be sure about anything at this point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3633, 3634, 3635 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3634 of 8560
Jump to: