Welcome Kostas Antetokounmpo! **eyes emoji** on Giannis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
2021 Lakers Roster

Lonzo Ball
Lamelo Ball
Lebron James
Giannis Antetokumpo
Anthony Davis

Bench
Liangelo Ball
Kostas Antetokumpo
Kyle Kuzma
Alexis Antetokumpo
Thannis Antetokumpo

Just get rid of the Ballsack brothers and you're fine.

No need to disrespect the ball brothers.

Especially considering they're both likely and expected to be way better players than any of the other Antetokounmpo brothers outside of Giannis.
TheBrow03
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Best case scenario he starts dropping hints to his bro for the next two years like:
“LA living not so bad.”
“UCLA Health Center is state of the art facility.”
“Laker organization from top to bottom is top notch, coaching ,trainers, staff.”
“Lakers respect and treat their players right.”.....etc.

Any edge we can get for 2021 we’ll take. ... if he ends up being a raw hustle Bonga or Thomas Bryant guy, we’ll take that too.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
2021 Lakers Roster

Lonzo Ball
Lamelo Ball
Lebron James
Giannis Antetokumpo
Anthony Davis

Bench
Liangelo Ball
Kostas Antetokumpo
Kyle Kuzma
Alexis Antetokumpo
Thannis Antetokumpo

Just get rid of the Ballsack brothers and you're fine.

No need to disrespect the ball brothers.

Especially considering they're both likely and expected to be way better players than any of the other Antetokounmpo brothers outside of Giannis.

How is Liangelo better? Several NBA Executives expressed he was not talented enough to play in the G League. He has not played in the G League yet.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

If you work with this guy on his body and footwork for the next few years, I guarantee he will be a good player. You can see the instincts and his pedigree is obvious. Every day that passes gives me more faith in this front office..
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

this is my main concern with him right now..guarding the perimeter. he's not a fluid athlete laterally I don't think. very thin hips. his legs extend from his hips looking super long and stilts-y , very awkward moving in a stance it seems. And you can also see the core of this issue in how he can barely dunk off of one leg - he has no stability in motion; super high hips. You can also see it when he jogs after a made basket it looks like he's limping
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Welcome Kostas, can you get your bro to sign here?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

he has some plays I'm super excited with too. has passing feel. near elite ball handling flashes for position. great 2 footed leaper with a penchant for verticality. wants to block shots..
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject:

Need Mike _at_ LG opinion on Kostas
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject:

Its time to bring Giannis to Lakers....hahahah
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Welcome Kostas, can you get your bro to sign here?

which one
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

You all realize what kind of player Giannis was when he first picked up a basketball?
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
You all realize what kind of player Giannis was when he first picked up a basketball?

Most so called LG experts here don't. They make comments as if they were experienced NBA coaches and or trainers. Again this kid has tools similar to his brother and needs some work to get them to NBA top level. As you say Giannis was considered OK until actually Jason Kidd saw his potential as a ball dominant guard and unleashed him. I'm not saying he will turn out to be a carbon copy of Giannis but if you can get his skills to 90% of Giannis you've got yourself a heck of a player. His development if positive will raise eye brows from his sibling as to what kind of organization the Lakers have. I look at it as a very smart move by Pelinka.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Most so called LG experts here don't. They make comments as if they were experienced NBA coaches and or trainers. Again this kid has tools similar to his brother and needs some work to get them to NBA top level. As you say Giannis was considered OK until actually Jason Kidd saw his potential as a ball dominant guard and unleashed him. I'm not saying he will turn out to be a carbon copy of Giannis but if you can get his skills to 90% of Giannis you've got yourself a heck of a player. His development if positive will raise eye brows from his sibling as to what kind of organization the Lakers have. I look at it as a very smart move by Pelinka.

But not all brothers are created alike. For example, Steph and Seth Curry. Why can't Seth just be like Steph?

Clearly Giannis is wired differently and has a different understanding of the game.

His brothers are still young enough but I wouldn't bet on them ever approaching Giannis's status.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

But not all brothers are created alike. For example, Steph and Seth Curry. Why can't Seth just be like Steph?

Clearly Giannis is wired differently and has a different understanding of the game.

His brothers are still young enough but I wouldn't bet on them ever approaching Giannis's status.

True and I didn't say they will be exactly alike however they have very similar physical attributes that may be exploited with the right training. It doesn't hurt to him a shot and see what our staff can do. Jason Kidd worked with Giannis for a few years and I'm sure he had some input in this decision. What bothers me is that people here act as if they really know what this kid can do as if they were NBA trainers and or coaches. This is not a bad move it may have a positive impact in many ways.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

True and I didn't say they will be exactly alike however they have very similar physical attributes that may be exploited with the right training. It doesn't hurt to him a shot and see what our staff can do. Jason Kidd worked with Giannis for a few years and I'm sure he had some input in this decision. What bothers me is that people here act as if they really know what this kid can do as if they were NBA trainers and or coaches. This is not a bad move it may have a positive impact in many ways.

Let's be honest though. If he wasn't Giannis's brother, would he be in the NBA or like others, playing overseas honing their game?

I think there's a blessing and a curse there. His brothers get a chance b/c he's Giannis's brother and teams hope they can develop him as such.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Let's be honest though. If he wasn't Giannis's brother, would he be in the NBA or like others, playing overseas honing their game?

I think there's a blessing and a curse there. His brothers get a chance b/c he's Giannis's brother and teams hope they can develop him as such.

Isn't that what the G-League is supposed to be for? To take guys with raw talent and let them develop here in the U.S. instead of playing overseas?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Isn't that what the G-League is supposed to be for? To take guys with raw talent and let them develop here in the U.S. instead of playing overseas?

They'd make more $ playing overseas.

Apparently the NBA2K affiliates for each NBA team make more money than the actual G League players.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

No I think he has definite physical abilities that would have been exploited by an NBA whether Giannis even existed. Imo he fit his 2nd round draft position even without a Giannis's influence. He's an intriguing prospect no matter how you look at him. A bit old in comparison to others his age yes, but hasn't physically filled out yet to make a fair assessment. Sure this is a publicity stunt on the Lakers' part but we have the actual Giannis developer in Jason to give him a look.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

Just look at the dodgers. They consistently get low draft picks but seem to use the minor leagues to develop some pretty dang good big leaguers.

The NBA is different obviously, but the team that does figure out how to take super raw picks from the later part of the draft and develop them in the G league will reap some pretty good rewards. So far I think that the Spurs win the player development title.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

They'd make more $ playing overseas.

Apparently the NBA2K affiliates for each NBA team make more money than the actual G League players.

What does how much they get paid have to do with your point that Kostas wouldn't be on two-way contract if his brother wasn't Giannis?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What does how much they get paid have to do with your point that Kostas wouldn't be on two-way contract if his brother wasn't Giannis?

I wasn't aware I was trying to tie these disparate thoughts together.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Just look at the dodgers. They consistently get low draft picks but seem to use the minor leagues to develop some pretty dang good big leaguers.

The NBA is different obviously, but the team that does figure out how to take super raw picks from the later part of the draft and develop them in the G league will reap some pretty good rewards. So far I think that the Spurs win the player development title.

Yeah Andrew Friedman is a very astute GM. He looks for young bargains and puts them all through the minor leagues and then looks to see who sticks. Like you say the NBA is not the same but our G league training personnel could be used in a similar way.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

I mean, NBA scouts drafted him as the last pick , and then cut him after a year. He has some solid tools, but to vehemently oppose their opinion and just make the simple and far fetched comparison to his brother after watching 10mins of highlights —- seems like the type of internet scouting you’re lamenting
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

So is Kostas like when Black Panther's (Giannis) powers were stripped for ritual combat?
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

i predict Kostas thread will be more pages deep than the south bay lakers thread by seasons end..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12
Jump to: