Is Andre Iquodala to Lakers the last addition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
A 35 year old, almost washed role player. I'm not that excited. I'm more excited for Giannis brother.

The Warriors used him to D up Harden at the end of playoff games. He might be a role player but that role is extremely valuable.

I have no comment on your last sentence.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Iggy is a long shot.

Grizzlies want assets in return.

Unless Iggy waives his 17M...ain't happening.
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:
Yup i think that's why they kept that last spot open. Now they just need the Grizzlies to buy him out.

From whats being reported, that is whats most likely to happen, AI hasnt talked about where he wants to play, but then again he hasn't denied reports of teams that are finalists to sign him...
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
A 35 year old, almost washed role player. I'm not that excited. I'm more excited for Giannis brother.

The Warriors used him to D up Harden at the end of playoff games. He might be a role player but that role is extremely valuable.

You intentionally avoided me saying he's 35, nearly washed which is added to him being a role player? There's nothing for me or anyone to be excited about him possibly coming or us waiting. He has been depleted with injuries and isn't the same player. People still more concerned with the name and past than the actual production. Watching the development project of Giannis brother is more exciting to me. He has potential, especially to be elite defensively.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Iggy is a long shot.

Grizzlies want assets in return.

Unless Iggy waives his 17M...ain't happening.

Agree. Iggy is still pretty desired, I'd be surprised if he got waved. Crazier
stuff has happened but it's a long shot.

Last edited by deal on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

You intentionally avoided me saying he's 35, nearly washed which is added to him being a role player? There's nothing for me or anyone to be excited about him possibly coming or us waiting. He has been depleted with injuries and isn't the same player. People still more concerned with the name and past than the actual production.

I intentionally avoided nothing. I don't care if he's 45. He was just used to lock down the league MVP in the closing moments of a playoff game. We aren't giving him a 4 year max. We'll give him the vet minimum. There's no risk to this move. None.

This past you speak of was two months ago.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

You intentionally avoided me saying he's 35, nearly washed which is added to him being a role player? There's nothing for me or anyone to be excited about him possibly coming or us waiting. He has been depleted with injuries and isn't the same player. People still more concerned with the name and past than the actual production.

I intentionally avoided nothing. I don't care if he's 45. He was just used to lock down the league MVP in the closing moments of a playoff game. We aren't giving him a 4 year max. We'll give him the vet minimum. There's no risk to this move. None.

He didn't lock down anyone. Lol but you said you don't care if he's 45, so there's no point in disputing anything with you. You just want him.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Memphis buys him out and the Lakers will get him. He’d help put us over the top.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I intentionally avoided nothing. I don't care if he's 45. He was just used to lock down the league MVP ingiving him a 4 year max. We'll give him the vet minimum. There's no risk to this move. None.

He didn't lock down anyone. Lol but you said you don't care if he's 45, so there's no point in disputing anything with you. You just want him.

You said people are not concerned with production and want Iguodala because of his name yet you're more excited by a player who has been good at literally no level of basketball named Kostas ANTETOKOUNMPO. Have a good night.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, he is this year’s Trevor Ariza... the guy that everyone hoped would get cut (with some already penciling him into the lineup) but nothing happened.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

He will be buyout...

In march
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I intentionally avoided nothing. I don't care if he's 45. He was just used to lock down the league MVP ingiving him a 4 year max. We'll give him the vet minimum. There's no risk to this move. None.

You said people are not concerned with production and want Iguodala because of his name yet you're more excited by a player who has been good at literally no level of basketball named Kostas ANTETOKOUNMPO. Have a good night.

Yeah, Iggy is literally the last piece we really need at this point.. He would be an absolutely massive pickup if he ends up getting bought out and we get him for the minimum. In the finals just a few months ago he was still at times the second best player for the Warriors. He's perfect for this season and can still supply what we need. Age is completely irrelevant, for this upcoming season at least.

Kostas is doing nothing in the NBA this season and probably even next and who knows if he ever even becomes good enough at all. He's purely potential with a famous brother at this stage.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
Unfortunately, he is this year’s Trevor Ariza... the guy that everyone hoped would get cut (with some already penciling him into the lineup) but nothing happened.

Thought the exact same thing this morning.

Too much talk of him going to the Lakers just like Ariza.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I said I'm more excited in the developmental project of Kosta. Developmental project. I'm more excited to see a young player grow and see if he reaches his potential. If you are gonna quote me, quote me correctly so people get the full context. I never implied that I was excited for him to join LeBron, AD, and company. I'm talking about watching him in our G league right now.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Iggy cost Lebron a few championships. He’s not young, but he’s in great shape and eats very healthy. Great defender, decent shooter, terrible at FT, great backdoor dunker. Perfect with Lebron IMO.

Currently, I'd say he's a poor shooter
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Yeah, Iggy is literally the last piece we really need at this point.. He would be an absolutely massive pickup if he ends up getting bought out and we get him for the minimum. In the finals just a few months ago he was still at times the second best player for the Warriors. He's perfect for this season and can still supply what we need. Age is completely irrelevant, for this upcoming season at least.

Kostas is doing nothing in the NBA this season and probably even next and who knows if he ever even becomes good enough at all. He's purely potential with a famous brother at this stage.

Iggy was never at times the 2nd best player for the warriors lol what!?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Yep. Pretty much all of this.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
hype wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Iggy was never at times the 2nd best player for the warriors lol what!?

In the elimination Game 6 he mos def. was actually.. Injuries were the only real reason but he still showed he had it at times which is all I was really saying? He needs to play limited minutes all season and be ready for the playoffs but he can absolutely still display moments of brilliance and be another high iq vet while guarding the more elite 3's in the playoffs.. That's exactly what we need for this roster imo.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Someone else pointed this out in another thread but the Grizzlies need to waive two players to get down to 15. I think it's a given D12 ($5.6 million) is one of those. They have two cheap, partially guaranteed contracts (Rabb, Caboclo) and two other expirings: Solomon Hill ($12.8 million) and Miles Plumlee ($12.5 million). If they waive D12, then Plumlee seems less likely as he's the only backup C.

If Iggy took ~$4.3 million less on a buyout he'd cost less than Hill. He'd get back $2.6 million from a minimum contract or more if another team has cap space or an exception. There's also the deadline of Aug 31st if the Grizz want to stretch the buyout amount over three years instead of paying it all out at once. Knowing the Grizz have to waive someone, that could be why we're not hearing trade rumors for Iggy as other teams bide their time to force the Grizz to make a decision and see if the asking price for Iggy goes down.
slokat
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Andre Iquodala to Lakers the last addition?

LakerFan1977 wrote:
THE definitive favorite

Let's be real. There is no definitive favorite this season; not even close.

It's going to be the most interesting NBA season for neutrals in a long time.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Memphis ain’t buying him out. He’ll end up on a contender that has assets to trade, not sure who that would be though

A team will give up a first, he’s shown last year he can still be a very important role player
#18 next...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Someone else pointed this out in another thread but the Grizzlies need to waive two players to get down to 15. I think it's a given D12 ($5.6 million) is one of those. They have two cheap, partially guaranteed contracts (Rabb, Caboclo) and two other expirings: Solomon Hill ($12.8 million) and Miles Plumlee ($12.5 million). If they waive D12, then Plumlee seems less likely as he's the only backup C.

If Iggy took ~$4.3 million less on a buyout he'd cost less than Hill. He'd get back $2.6 million from a minimum contract or more if another team has cap space or an exception. There's also the deadline of Aug 31st if the Grizz want to stretch the buyout amount over three years instead of paying it all out at once. Knowing the Grizz have to waive someone, that could be why we're not hearing trade rumors for Iggy as other teams bide their time to force the Grizz to make a decision and see if the asking price for Iggy goes down.

I think the problem is less about teams waiting for the Grizzlies to reduce their asking price than it is contending teams having troubling finding $17 million in matching contracts of players they want to give up. The Clippers would love to get Iggy but they don't want to lose Harkless. We don't have salaries to trade. Etc., etc.

The Grizzlis have no cap issues, so I can't imagine why they'd want to stretch a buyout. In fact, I am not sure the Grizzles could even stretch a buyout because that would drop them below the minimum $98 million team salary requirement. So the Aug. 31 deadline doesn't matter much.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I think the problem is less about teams waiting for the Grizzlies to reduce their asking price than it is contending teams having troubling finding $17 million in matching contracts of players they want to give up. The Clippers would love to get Iggy but they don't want to lose Harkless. We don't have salaries to trade. Etc., etc.

The Grizzlis have no cap issues, so I can't imagine why they'd want to stretch a buyout. In fact, I am not sure the Grizzles could even stretch a buyout because that would drop them below the minimum $98 million team salary requirement. So the Aug. 31 deadline doesn't matter much.

Yeah, I am pretty certain nearly every contending team would like to trade for him but I agree that salary is the thing that is giving people or at least me that slim amount of hope they could eventually buy him out if he takes a bit less. It's not worth giving up too much since he's clearly at the very end of his career and for all we know he could retire after this season. I also doubt any team trades for him without knowing he wants to go there since once again all that really matters for Iggy is this season. No team is looking at him beyond that.
SmartBaller420
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

The grizz have a gluttony of wings with only 3 under contact past this season;

Kyle Anderson
Josh Jackson
Grayson Allen

The other wings have contracts that expire at the end of this season;

Andre Iggy
Solomon Hill
Jae Crowder
Bruno Caboclo
Dillon Brooks

Brooks is high value but the other 4 expirings don’t really seem to fit with the Grizz’s future. I can see them keeping one of them, or two possibly at the most and waiving the others, so I think we’re in good shape.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

Iggy makes too much to work in any trade. Only contenders would be interested and those teams are all capped out. He will be bought out eventually.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9
Jump to: