Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Season finale.

Quote:
Interesting how that last civilization had limited range transporter technology. Too bad The Orville hadn't developed it, otherwise they would've been able to avoid centuries of Kellyanity.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I thought the season finale was one of the weaker episodes. It could have been an interesting premise, but it wasn't handled well and Kelly just came off as a complete idiot instead of the competent officer she's supposed to be. Oh well. Overall, a better series than I thought it would be. I'll be interested in watching season two but I'm not craving it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I thought the season finale was one of the weaker episodes. It could have been an interesting premise, but it wasn't handled well and Kelly just came off as a complete idiot instead of the competent officer she's supposed to be. Oh well. Overall, a better series than I thought it would be. I'll be interested in watching season two but I'm not craving it.

I think that's where the show becomes more Galaxy Quest than Star Trek. Overall, I enjoyed the show but it seems out of place following Gotham.

It's already been renewed for a second season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I think that's where the show becomes more Galaxy Quest than Star Trek. Overall, I enjoyed the show but it seems out of place following Gotham.

It's already been renewed for a second season.

I've been trying to find a airtime for Gotham. When does it air? How much have I missed?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I've been trying to find a airtime for Gotham. When does it air? How much have I missed?

It moved from Monday to Thursday @ 8:00pm on Fox but I believe the show is on hiatus for the holidays or mid-season. Season 4/Episode 11 just aired last week.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It moved from Monday to Thursday @ 8:00pm on Fox but I believe the show is on hiatus for the holidays or mid-season. Season 4/Episode 11 just aired last week.

Previews for Gotham's return look amazing. Joker and an even more mature Poison Ivy coming back.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Where do I go to bing it? I searched it on DTV. I found season 4 only 5 episodes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

With all the premium and semi premium cable content out there, someone sell me on why I should bother with network fare.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Ep 3 of Season 2 was good. With this show you keep waiting for the comedy but it didn't show up too often in this one. As a Trek fan I enjoyed seeing Robert Picardo and John Billingsly, who both played doctors in different Trek series, go at it over a medical issue.

There was also a little Seinfeld reunion with Jason Alexander and Patrick Warburton to provide the small amount of comedy.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Omar, you can lead a horse to water...

Anyway, I'm liking it to, it has a "modern" feel to it as well, it's funny how just about every episode the call someone a "short-for-richard"...
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Ep 3 of Season 2 was good. With this show you keep waiting for the comedy but it didn't show up too often in this one. As a Trek fan I enjoyed seeing Robert Picardo and John Billingsly, who both played doctors in different Trek series, go at it over a medical issue.

There was also a little Seinfeld reunion with Jason Alexander and Patrick Warburton to provide the small amount of comedy.

Enjoyed the Picard and Billingsley (Dr. Phlox) appearances as well. With this show, they seem to do a good job keeping of guest appearances under wraps.

Looks like Halston Sage's run with The Orville is likely over. While they kept things open (jar of pickles), she'll probably return in future episodes as often as Lt. Tasha Yar did in the Trek series.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:

Looks like Halston Sage's run with The Orville is likely over. While they kept things open (jar of pickles), she'll probably return in future episodes as often as Lt. Tasha Yar did in the Trek series.

As I recall, Denise Crosby wanted to leave the STNG because she didn't like her character's role.

They haven't revealed why Halston Sage is leaving but her character probably had the smallest role out of the main cast. This was the only episode I can recall that focused on her.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

^[Updates]Apparently Halston had committed to a new series Prodigal Son which was picked up by Fox so even if she wanted to return, it would be difficult schedule-wise.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2471613/could-the-orvilles-halston-sage-return-after-landing-a-new-show-on-fox

[Moving to HULU] Although Fox picked up The Orville for renewal, it's getting moved to Hulu according to Seth McFarlane at ComicCon and no new episodes will air until 2020. The flexible shooting schedule may help work out any lingering issues with the 2 co-stars who married 2 months ago *and* now they've divorced (Adrienne Palicki and Scott Grimes). Those long days on the set will not be uncomfortable at all Grimes probably be relocated from the bridge if things go south.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/07/23/adrianne-palicki-scott-grimes-wedding-marriage-divorce-separation-the-orville/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^[Updates]Apparently Halston had committed to a new series Prodigal Son which was picked up by Fox so even if she wanted to return, it would be difficult schedule-wise.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2471613/could-the-orvilles-halston-sage-return-after-landing-a-new-show-on-fox

[Moving to HULU] Although Fox picked up The Orville for renewal, it's getting moved to Hulu according to Seth McFarlane at ComicCon and no new episodes will air until 2020. The flexible shooting schedule may help work out any lingering issues with the 2 co-stars who married 2 months ago *and* now they've divorced (Adrienne Palicki and Scott Grimes). Those long days on the set will not be uncomfortable at all Grimes probably be relocated from the bridge if things go south.

I was surprised when I heard they got married. Did she wake up and realize I'm way too hot for this guy who's 12 years older and shorter than me?

I've watched every episode but I don't think I'd be too heartbroken if it got cancelled. Everything about the show just seems like B-movie Star Trek and not in a comical way.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

^Same here, their original announcement was a head-scratcher -- definitely didn't see it coming. After getting past all that celebratory stuff, she likely got an epiphany when real life started out like an episode on the show.

Seth was a fan of Star Trek so we're seeing some similarities sans transporter room. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a clear direction of what it is trying to accomplish. Season 3 is probably the last if it ever gets to production, too many issues with the cast and getting relegated to Hulu isn't going to help.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: