Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 778, 779, 780 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Steve Kerr thinks how AD got to the Lakers is bad for the league. I don’t disagree.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27250922/kerr-forced-trade-davis-bad-league

Quote:
"I'm talking more about the Anthony Davis situation," Kerr told The Warriors Insider Podcast. "Where a guy is perfectly healthy and has a couple years left on his deal and says, 'I want to leave.' That's a real problem that the league has to address and that the players have to be careful with.

"When you sign on that dotted line, you owe your effort and your play to that team, to that city, to the fans. And then it's completely your right to leave as a free agent. But if you sign the contract, then you should be bound to that contract."

He sounds triggered. Wish that world class morality had come into play before his organization ruined KDs career.

No mention of Paul George who requested trades from 2 different orgs or Kawhi, Jimmy Butler, etc. Kerr thinks only the AD trade request was bad
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Steve Kerr thinks how AD got to the Lakers is bad for the league. I don’t disagree.

Quote:
"I'm talking more about the Anthony Davis situation," Kerr told The Warriors Insider Podcast. "Where a guy is perfectly healthy and has a couple years left on his deal and says, 'I want to leave.' That's a real problem that the league has to address and that the players have to be careful with.

"When you sign on that dotted line, you owe your effort and your play to that team, to that city, to the fans. And then it's completely your right to leave as a free agent. But if you sign the contract, then you should be bound to that contract."

He sounds triggered. Wish that world class morality had come into play before his organization ruined KDs career.

No mention of Paul George who requested trades from 2 different orgs or Kawhi, Jimmy Butler, etc. Kerr thinks only the AD trade request was bad

Exactly, what a hypocrite. What about PG? Didn't he just force a trade and he just signed with OKC a year ago. Davis had been in NO for years.

Not the same.....Kerr should be bringing up PG then.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Hypocritical to single out AD and not have one word to say about PG who just did the exact same thing.

If I'm the League, isn't worse that a guy who just finished year 1 of a 4 year deal wants out and gets it?

Meanwhile AD spent 7 years on the Pels and told them b/f the trade deadline, with almost 2 years left on his contract, so they could field offers for him?

Fixed
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Kerr would rather have stars just flat out leave their teams in free agency for nothing in return, like KD/OKC? It's damned if you do, damned if you don't with those small market teams.

At least the Pels got a haul and are now set up quite nicely for the future, rather than mired in mediocrity with a star would clearly didn't want to be there. Hate some of these people (not Kerr, specifically) talking out both sides of their mouth, saying the Pels screwed us over in that deal AND how (bleep) up it was for AD to demand out in the first place.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Players have been asking teams to trade them for 40 years. There's nothing new about what AD did.

As far as I know, AD completely honored his contract. He came to practice and was ready to play any games he was asked to play.

What Kerr might really be referring to is how public the request became, and how much both sides were using the media. But that's more a reflection of how the world is today. And the Pelicans were partners in this, since they sat him around the trade deadline as they tried to make a deal.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

The Captain made a very public trade request.

Guess Kerr has a problem with that too...is the Laker hate at an all-time high or am I trippin?

#BannersOverBillboards
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Wilt (twice - from the Warriors and Sixers)
Rick Barry
Connie Hawkins
Spencer Haywood
Kareem
Moses Malone
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Ray Allen
Paul George
Kawhi Leonard

. . .

But AD is the problem . . .
Samoji
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Time fillers! Can't wait for Training Camp to roll in.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Kerr would rather have stars just flat out leave their teams in free agency for nothing in return, like KD/OKC? It's damned if you do, damned if you don't with those small market teams.

At least the Pels got a haul and are now set up quite nicely for the future, rather than mired in mediocrity with a star would clearly didn't want to be there. Hate some of these people (not Kerr, specifically) talking out both sides of their mouth, saying the Pels screwed us over in that deal AND how (bleep) up it was for AD to demand out in the first place.

Yeah, I actually think what Butler did was the worst, to be honest.

But I don’t think it’s necessarily good for the league for players to dictate where they go as a general rule.

I think the scales need to slip slightly in the team owners’ favor because the investment in a star goes well beyond the contract given in a vacuum.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Players have been asking teams to trade them for 40 years. There's nothing new about what AD did.

As far as I know, AD completely honored his contract. He came to practice and was ready to play any games he was asked to play.

What Kerr might really be referring to is how public the request became, and how much both sides were using the media. But that's more a reflection of how the world is today. And the Pelicans were partners in this, since they sat him around the trade deadline as they tried to make a deal.

Wasn't he supposedly cleared to play and they weren't even playing him..
Were they tanking?
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Steve Kerr sounds worried. He will actually have to coach this upcoming season.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Samoji wrote:
Time fillers! Can't wait for Training Camp to roll in.

Thank you
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Exactly, what a hypocrite. What about PG? Didn't he just force a trade and he just signed with OKC a year ago. Davis had been in NO for years.

Not the same.....Kerr should be bringing up PG then.

Lakers let Luke go and Gentry is in NO. Both are close to Kerr. He's bitter about that.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
activeverb wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Quote:

Wasn't he supposedly cleared to play and they weren't even playing him..
Were they tanking?

I believe he was cleared to play right before the trade deadline, but they didn't play him because they were trying to work out a trade. When the trade deadline passed, they put him back in the games.
myjohnsonismagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Looks like MJ's fist knocked a few screws loose in old Stevies head, either that or Balmer's money stretches further than i can imagine
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject:

One thing that makes me excited about Kawhi not coming is that we get to see AD as a legit 2nd/ 1B option. Don't have to watch him get Bosh'd. Listening/ watching GT explain how (well) LeBron and AD fit together has me really excited.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject:

Maybe flying under the radar but Lakers vs Bucks is going to be the match up of the year.

I know AD has that game circled on his calendar. If I was in charge of the NBA that would be my christmas day game

AD v Giannis
Cousins v Lopez
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Maybe flying under the radar but Lakers vs Bucks is going to be the match up of the year.

I know AD has that game circled on his calendar. If I was in charge of the NBA that would be my christmas day game

AD v Giannis
Cousins v Lopez

Nahhhh. No one really cares about the bucks imo.

I think LAL/NOP will be more interesting even.

Zion vs AD
Lebron vs his kids haha
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Let’s see if he can actually coach.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

With regards to Steve Kerr's comments.

There are good GM's and bad GM's in this league.

Paul George went to Sam Presti and requested a trade. Presti immediately went to work, got a trade done without having it leaked to the press.

Anthony Davis' agent went to Dell Demps and requested a trade. Demps immediately tried to talk AD out of it, did not contact any other teams about the request and turned down several offers that other teams made once it became public.

The fault lies with Dell Demps and the Pelicans ownership group, not Rich Paul or Anthony Davis. If they had even tried to accommodate AD's request, none of this would have happened.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
AD23 wrote:

He's still got a squad.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AD23 wrote:

He's still got a squad.

He does, but hate to say it, but they better ease up on Steph this year as he's a candidate for being overworked/injured if they are gunning for going deep in the playoffs.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AD23 wrote:

He's still got a squad.

He does, but hate to say it, but they better ease up on Steph this year as he's a candidate for being overworked/injured if they are gunning for going deep in the playoffs.

Steph got glass ankles. And DLO is gonna be moving off ball more than he has his whole entire career. It's gonna have to be a balancing act for Kerr.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AD23 wrote:

He's still got a squad.

Steph got glass ankles. And DLO is gonna be moving off ball more than he has his whole entire career. It's gonna have to be a balancing act for Kerr.

I think DLO should help sop up a lot of the minutes.

When Klay is back I think he will be their de facto "SF." That shooting and spacing with Steph/DLO/Klay will be insane (obviously not as insane as with KD).
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

yeah they're going to be a really fun team to watch when klay returns
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 778, 779, 780 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 779 of 1425
Jump to: