Is Andre Iquodala to Lakers the last addition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
A 35 year old, almost washed role player. I'm not that excited. I'm more excited for Giannis brother.

The Warriors used him to D up Harden at the end of playoff games. He might be a role player but that role is extremely valuable.

I have no comment on your last sentence.

You intentionally avoided me saying he's 35, nearly washed which is added to him being a role player? There's nothing for me or anyone to be excited about him possibly coming or us waiting. He has been depleted with injuries and isn't the same player. People still more concerned with the name and past than the actual production. Watching the development project of Giannis brother is more exciting to me. He has potential, especially to be elite defensively.

He is still one of the most physical wing defender who guards the guys like Kawhi, LBJ, PG, etc. He is revered in the locker room as a great influence and someone who gave up a starting slot for the betterment of the team (and several rings later and a finals MVP he made the right move).

No one is saying that we should re-up him for $20m/year for the 4 years; he would be a buyout guy making the minimum $2.6m while giving you defense and a lot of great intangibles. I would be ecstatic to get him.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
A 35 year old, almost washed role player. I'm not that excited. I'm more excited for Giannis brother.

The Warriors used him to D up Harden at the end of playoff games. He might be a role player but that role is extremely valuable.

You intentionally avoided me saying he's 35, nearly washed which is added to him being a role player? There's nothing for me or anyone to be excited about him possibly coming or us waiting. He has been depleted with injuries and isn't the same player. People still more concerned with the name and past than the actual production.

I intentionally avoided nothing. I don't care if he's 45. He was just used to lock down the league MVP ingiving him a 4 year max. We'll give him the vet minimum. There's no risk to this move. None.

This past you speak of was two months ago.

He didn't lock down anyone. Lol but you said you don't care if he's 45, so there's no point in disputing anything with you. You just want him.

You said people are not concerned with production and want Iguodala because of his name yet you're more excited by a player who has been good at literally no level of basketball named Kostas ANTETOKOUNMPO. Have a good night.

I said I'm more excited in the developmental project of Kosta. Developmental project. I'm more excited to see a young player grow and see if he reaches his potential. If you are gonna quote me, quote me correctly so people get the full context. I never implied that I was excited for him to join LeBron, AD, and company. I'm talking about watching him in our G league right now.

You didn't say the bolded initially. Given the thread topic, it's reasonable to assume that you meant Kostas instead of Iggy. You are certainly entitled to be more excited about the Lakers signing Kostas, but that really has nothing to do with the Lakers' last roster spot.

Iggy is near the end, but you don't think he'd provide real value in the playoffs? Especially given his experience, the slower pace of the playoffs, and the team's desperate need for a wing defender?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

He's the final missing piece to put us over the top. The perfect championship role player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
He's the final missing piece to put us over the top. The perfect championship role player.

Which makes it more likely he won't be a Laker...
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
hype wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

You intentionally avoided me saying he's 35, nearly washed which is added to him being a role player? There's nothing for me or anyone to be excited about him possibly coming or us waiting. He has been depleted with injuries and isn't the same player. People still more concerned with the name and past than the actual production.

I intentionally avoided nothing. I don't care if he's 45. He was just used to lock down the league MVP ingiving him a 4 year max. We'll give him the vet minimum. There's no risk to this move. None.

He didn't lock down anyone. Lol but you said you don't care if he's 45, so there's no point in disputing anything with you. You just want him.

You said people are not concerned with production and want Iguodala because of his name yet you're more excited by a player who has been good at literally no level of basketball named Kostas ANTETOKOUNMPO. Have a good night.

Yeah, Iggy is literally the last piece we really need at this point.. He would be an absolutely massive pickup if he ends up getting bought out and we get him for the minimum. In the finals just a few months ago he was still at times the second best player for the Warriors. He's perfect for this season and can still supply what we need. Age is completely irrelevant, for this upcoming season at least.

Kostas is doing nothing in the NBA this season and probably even next and who knows if he ever even becomes good enough at all. He's purely potential with a famous brother at this stage.

Iggy was never at times the 2nd best player for the warriors lol what!?

In the elimination Game 6 he mos def. was actually.. Injuries were the only real reason but he still showed he had it at times which is all I was really saying? He needs to play limited minutes all season and be ready for the playoffs but he can absolutely still display moments of brilliance and be another high iq vet while guarding the more elite 3's in the playoffs.. That's exactly what we need for this roster imo.

2nd unit and load management? I wouldn't mind getting him for the minimum, but honestly I don't think we are. I'm not really that pressed on getting him like others. If we happened to get him then that would be cool. I don't see it happen though. People keep saying he puts us over the top. Lol I don't agree with that. I feel we already are now, with or without him.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I said I'm more excited in the developmental project of Kosta. Developmental project. I'm more excited to see a young player grow and see if he reaches his potential. If you are gonna quote me, quote me correctly so people get the full context. I never implied that I was excited for him to join LeBron, AD, and company. I'm talking about watching him in our G league right now.

You didn't say the bolded initially. Given the thread topic, it's reasonable to assume that you meant Kostas instead of Iggy. You are certainly entitled to be more excited about the Lakers signing Kostas, but that really has nothing to do with the Lakers' last roster spot.

Iggy is near the end, but you don't think he'd provide real value in the playoffs? Especially given his experience, the slower pace of the playoffs, and the team's desperate need for a wing defender?

My actual quote before the one you put in bold - Watching the development project of Giannis brother is more exciting to me. He has potential, especially to be elite defensively.

He deleted that part for some reason when he responded to me. My full response was:

"You intentionally avoided me saying he's 35, nearly washed which is added to him being a role player? There's nothing for me or anyone to be excited about him possibly coming or us waiting. He has been depleted with injuries and isn't the same player. People still more concerned with the name and past than the actual production. Watching the development project of Giannis brother is more exciting to me. He has potential, especially to be elite defensively."

Here is the quote you put in bold that you said I didn't say initially - I said I'm more excited in the developmental project of Kosta. Developmental project.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

My actual quote before the one you put in bold - Watching the development project of Giannis brother is more exciting to me. He has potential, especially to be elite defensively.

He deleted that part for some reason when he responded to me. My full response was:

"You intentionally avoided me saying he's 35, nearly washed which is added to him being a role player? There's nothing for me or anyone to be excited about him possibly coming or us waiting. He has been depleted with injuries and isn't the same player. People still more concerned with the name and past than the actual production. Watching the development project of Giannis brother is more exciting to me. He has potential, especially to be elite defensively."

Here is the quote you put in bold that you said I didn't say initially - I said I'm more excited in the developmental project of Kosta. Developmental project.

If you're referring to me, I deleted nothing. I hit the quote button and responded. Maybe I got in there before the edit.

EDIT: That's would explain where my misunderstanding of your post came from.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

If you're referring to me, I deleted nothing. I hit the quote button and responded. Maybe I got in there before the edit.

EDIT: That's would explain where my misunderstanding of your post came from.

I didn't edit anything in. That was always there. It shows in the original post. It was there because of you saying "you have no comment on my last sentence," so I clarified for a better understanding. If you say you didn't delete anything, I'm inclined to believe you, it's just weird how it isn't there and then I responded by saying what I said, without even looking at my original post. I believe you though because there's no reason for me to say you're lying, even if it is weird. Internet can be weird sometimes. Overall, I hope you are not confused anymore.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Iggy is perfect for us. We have to get him. This is a final move to move us to favorites.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

I like danny qreen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Iggy is perfect for us. We have to get him. This is a final move to move us to favorites.

If he hits the buyout market, I like our chances. We'll have a number of guys who can put the pressure to recruit him here:

Pelinka- former agent, LeBron- Team USA and long time rival, AD- team USA, Boogie- former teammate, Cook- former teammate, Simon- Arizona connection, Javale- former teammate, Kobe- big bro/lil bro relationship

Plus we can offer the best roster while also playing a a big role, Lakers brand to continue to propel and boost his post playing plans, and of course a legit shot at a title where he is a difference maker.

As long as he gets bought out I like our chances of getting him... and if we are lucky enough to get him, he makes us a substantially better team come May/June.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

I'm not very familiar with Iggy's personality and wondering if he'd be interested in an opportunity to "avenge" his finals loss to the Kawhi.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I like danny qreen

Iquodala and Qreen starring in the next aquaman.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
I'm not very familiar with Iggy's personality and wondering if he'd be interested in an opportunity to "avenge" his finals loss to the Kawhi.

You have to be pretty humble to be the star of a franchise and then agree to come off the bench for another team. And you have to be pretty competitive and professional to then become the Finals MVP of that team.

I think humility, competitive drive, and professionalism sum up his personality pretty well. If he comes here it will be because he sees it as his best opportunity to both contribute and compete for a title in whatever role the team sees fit.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I like danny qreen

They're not exactly Shag and Qobe, but they'll do in a pinch.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I like danny qreen

They're not exactly Shag and Qobe, but they'll do in a pinch.

You quys are silly!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

Hmm, didn't think about that. Would he want to join KL or beat him? Hopefully the latter.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Hmm, didn't think about that. Would he want to join KL or beat him? Hopefully the latter.

Yep, hopefully the later.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

I think it would be more of what his defined role will be. He would have a clear role and play important minutes on the Lakers compared to the clippers. But the LA teams won't be the only ones after him. So at that point, it'll be about his comfort level. I think if he were on the Lakers that he would have a PJ Brown-type impact did for the celtics back in '08.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

I think it would be more of what his defined role will be. He would have a clear role and play important minutes on the Lakers compared to the clippers. But the LA teams won't be the only ones after him. So at that point, it'll be about his comfort level. I think if he were on the Lakers that he would have a PJ Brown-type impact did for the celtics back in '08.

I was thinking Reggie Jefferson for the 16 Cavs
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Iquodala.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers can only pay him about $2mil right?

So to get all of his money, the Griz need to pay him at least $15mil to walk away and I don't see him giving them a discount in order to try to win a ring.

Also the Griz could stretch him like the Lakers did to Deng, but with Iggy so close to retirement, I can't see him leaving any money on the table..
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Lakers can only pay him about $2mil right?

So to get all of his money, the Griz need to pay him at least $15mil to walk away and I don't see him giving them a discount in order to try to win a ring.

Also the Griz could stretch him like the Lakers did to Deng, but with Iggy so close to retirement, I can't see him leaving any money on the table..

A little over 2.5 since he's been in the nba 10+ years. I agree though, I think there's a possibility he could leave a tiny bit on the table but not much more then that. I also think there's zero chance the Grizz stretch him since he's an expiring contract, it only hurts them. I think the only way they let him go soon is a trade (obviously) but the few teams he'd want to play for will have a tough time getting that much salary together considering it's only for a 1 year rental. Or if he settles for a smaller buyout which hopefully happens but then it's a crap shoot if he even chooses us since there's some teams he might be ok playing for that could help him recoup more of his money then we can offer i'm guessing. I still believe we are the best fit for him with the best chance to win but who knows what he's thinking for sure.

I think the Grizz are in no hurry though and will wait until later in the season when teams can trade newly signed players and there could be a desperate team with an injury or two.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject:

Clips apparently have only 3.4m in cap space to spend. The vet’s min for Iggy is 2.6m so it’s not that much of a substantial difference.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

Would love Iggy, but if anyone can contract wise offer him more (but probably teams he doesn't want to play for), we don't have a chance. The question is would a competing team be willing to give up assets to match his current salary in a trade? Not an expiring contract, but some guy with 2 years or so left on a deal around the $15 million on Iggy's yearly contract?

Iggy I think needs to pull a Davis, and say to Memphis he doesn't want to play there, lets make a deal, waive me, and I go play for the Lakers. That's how I think it would have to get done for us to get him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: