Ryan West leaving the Lakers Organization
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Surprise surprise.

Jeanie’s issue with the West family is going to hurt this franchise.

How do you even know that's the reason?

All I know is the clippers had no clue before Jerry West. You can look back when they still had Winger and Frank.

All she had to do was accept the logo back when he wanted to return.

For better or worse, the organization is Klutch now.

Quote:

You can look back when they still had Winger and Frank.

What does this mean?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Surprise surprise.

All I know is the clippers had no clue before Jerry West. You can look back when they still had Winger and Frank.

In other words, you're speculating and criticizing Jeanie for it. Criticize her for not bringing West back or whatever else, but don't be unfair and just assume you know what happened.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Regarding my Ryan West prediction, I saw Ben Rosales suggest it on Twitter (before I thought of it). Makes a ton of sense to me.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
If he goes to the clippers...

I'd be surprised if he goes anywhere else but the Clippers.

Or Charlotte
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

What an epic disaster! He was responsible for finding all the late round gems. Next thing we’ll hear is rambis taking over scouting department
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
What an epic disaster! He was responsible for finding all the late round gems. Next thing we’ll hear is rambis taking over scouting department

Joey and Jesse were/are
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

Joey and Jesse were/are

Bertka found Kuzma?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
MJST wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
People lose their minds when he leaves but nobody cared when he was here (my bad Inspector ..”there”...

People cared about Ryan for a while.

He was being groomed to be our GM, made brilliant moves in the draft, and he and Jesse are given the most credits for those we drafted and each steal.

And the fact that in the past 5 or so drafts, the majority of the people we drafted were top 3-5 in the draft's actual talent and upside they reached.

When you play the numbers of the NBA Draft that is impressive. It sucks none of them but Kuzma are here anymore though.

No only u did cause of his last name.

Nope. lots of Lakers fans did, which is why Jesse and he always got a lot of credits when it came to the drafts. Just because you didn't doesn't mean everyone else thought that way.

Nope Jesse gets lot of credit for it. Reality is nobody cares about Ryan West otherwise some team would have snatched him up

U still stuck on his last name. That's the only reason he had a job
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I couldn’t tell you what he actually did with the Lakers, but Sac wanted him a few years back. We gave him a raise and a higher title. Time will tell if this move hurts us or not.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
U still stuck on his last name. That's the only reason he had a job

you literally have no idea if that is true
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I couldn’t tell you what he actually did with the Lakers, but Sac wanted him a few years back. We gave him a raise and a higher title. Time will tell if this move hurts us or not.

It appears he had a significant role in draft decisions when Mitch was GM. Again, from a distance, it appears that role has diminished since Mitch exited. I think Magic and Pelinka maintained a similar structure in the 2017 draft, but took over the process with the 2018 draft, which was one of the worst Laker drafts in recent years.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
deal wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
He probably breathes a sigh of relief to be free of the Buss family post-Dr. Buss.

lols. its been a while no? have to believe if such a burden he would have left a while ago.

It said that his contract was up, I am sure he realizes that there is no future if you aren’t a Buss.

Family businesses are like that.

Nepotism at its ugliest

Dude. The guy's last name is "West."

His 1st job out of college was working as a scout for the Memphis Grizzlies - you know, the team where his dad was the General Manager.

His 2nd job was working as a scout for the Los Angeles Lakers - you know, the team where his dad drew a paycheck for 40 years.

Let's not act like this is some gritty guy from across the tracks who graduated from the school of hard knocks to climb the ladder against all the odds. His dad is rich and powerful, gave him his start and opened doors for him. That's life.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

It appears he had a significant role in draft decisions when Mitch was GM. Again, from a distance, it appears that role has diminished since Mitch exited. I think Magic and Pelinka maintained a similar structure in the 2017 draft, but took over the process with the 2018 draft, which was one of the worst Laker drafts in recent years.

Agenda much?

In 2018 we drafted 25th & 45th.

In 2017 we drafted 2nd & 28th.

In 2016 we drafted 2nd & 32nd.

In 2015 we drafted 2nd, 27th & 34th.

In 2014 we drafted 7th.

So, yeah, after 4 straight years with lottery picks, we didn't have one (due to the Steve Nash trade in 2012) and it was clearly Maginka's fault.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Bottom line is no one knows if he had value or not. Judging from robs micro tenure as boss I will trust him. He’s done excellent so far on paper
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Surprise surprise.

In other words, you're speculating and criticizing Jeanie for it. Criticize her for not bringing West back or whatever else, but don't be unfair and just assume you know what happened.

When did I say I knew what happened? I am criticizing her for not bringing West back.

Anyone would have guessed Ryan West’s time with the organization was coming to a close after Jerry West did not come back to the Lakers. It was inevitable tbh.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Surprise surprise.

Quote:

What does this mean?

Before West signed on, Frank and Winger were already there sinking the clippers ship with Blake as the franchise player.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Surprise surprise.

When did I say I knew what happened? I am criticizing her for not bringing West back.

Anyone would have guessed Ryan West’s time with the organization was coming to a close after Jerry West did not come back to the Lakers. It was inevitable tbh.

Your original post clearly implied that Jeanie played a role in Ryan West's departure and that it had something to do with Jerry.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Surprise surprise.

Your original post clearly implied that Jeanie played a role in Ryan West's departure and that it had something to do with Jerry.

You are reading too much into it.

She does have an issue with Jerry West. Only natural that Ryan was eventually going to leave.

So getting back to the real criticism, no more respected/reputable executives. Her team is now Klutch, Pelinka, Jesse, Mazzella and shadow circle of trust which includes Phil and the Rambii.

Let’s see how it works out. Like I said, it’s not like she replaced reputable personnel with some else highly regarded like a Masai Ujiri.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Well, maybe his dad can get him a position with the best NBA Team in LA....
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

allegedly he was relaying internal Lakers information to Jerry West during the Kawhi negotiation. We need that as much as we need another Magic Johnson on our elbow.

I mean with Magic leaking anything he could get his hands on to the press INSTANTLY, minute by minute, and this guy telling Jerry West everything, I mean what chance of getting Kawhi did we have? He'll be on the Clippers payroll next time you see him, surprise surprise.

If we can fault Jeannie at all it's for not firing him in June, as well as making it crystal clear to Kawhi that Magic Johnson is no longer part of the Lakers management or organization, he's just some disgruntled ex-player who likes to tweet.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

haha, start the clock to when Kawhi and PG are disgruntled on the Clippers, and Doc Rives is on the hotseat or fired for falling short of expectations.

LoL GSW is gonna come out and smack that Clippers team, and so are the Lakers
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Surprise surprise.

Quote:

What does this mean?

Before West signed on, Frank and Winger were already there sinking the clippers ship with Blake as the franchise player.

That is interesting because ESPN has Winger hired in mid August 2017 and the NBA web site has West hired two months earlier in mid June 2017.

Press Release: L.A. Clippers Hire Jerry West

Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Posted: Jun 19, 2017

The L.A. Clippers today announced the hiring of Jerry West, who will serve as a consultant for the team. West brings many accolades to the Clippers, including being named a two-time NBA Executive of the Year (1995, 2004), and is an eight-time NBA Champion (1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2015, 2017).

Clippers offer GM job to Thunder executive Michael Winger (Aug 20, 2017)

Quote:

The LA Clippers have offered Oklahoma City Thunder executive Michael Winger its general manager job, league sources told ESPN.
Michael Winger Getty Images

A deal is expected soon, league sources said.

Winger, an assistant GM/team counsel for the Thunder, would report directly to Lawrence Frank, the Clippers' new president of basketball operations.

Winger, 37, has spent the past seven years with Oklahoma City, working closely with executive vice president and GM Sam Presti. He has developed a reputation as one of the league's most respected young executives.

Winger worked five years with the Cleveland Cavaliers under ex-GM Danny Ferry, before joining the Thunder in 2010.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject:

How does anybody gauge the talents of front office people? I think that's hard enough for team owners and people in the know to do, let alone fans on forums. I know nothing about these West and Buss kids except for the testimonies by fans here on LG. LOL! I don't think I'll lose any sleep over this.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Judah wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Surprise surprise.

You are reading too much into it.

She does have an issue with Jerry West. Only natural that Ryan was eventually going to leave.

So getting back to the real criticism, no more respected/reputable executives. Her team is now Klutch, Pelinka, Jesse, Mazzella and shadow circle of trust which includes Phil and the Rambii.

Let’s see how it works out. Like I said, it’s not like she replaced reputable personnel with some else highly regarded like a Masai Ujiri.

Are you serious? The one who is reading too much into it is me here?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
allegedly he was relaying internal Lakers information to Jerry West during the Kawhi negotiation. We need that as much as we need another Magic Johnson on our elbow.

I mean with Magic leaking anything he could get his hands on to the press INSTANTLY, minute by minute, and this guy telling Jerry West everything, I mean what chance of getting Kawhi did we have? He'll be on the Clippers payroll next time you see him, surprise surprise.

If we can fault Jeannie at all it's for not firing him in June, as well as making it crystal clear to Kawhi that Magic Johnson is no longer part of the Lakers management or organization, he's just some disgruntled ex-player who likes to tweet.

Link?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: