2019-20 Lakers Team Bonding/Chemistry

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: 2019-20 Lakers Team Bonding/Chemistry

Again some of the "experts" seem concerned about the Lakers roster coming together as a team, there are quite a few previous connections:

Rondo played with Bradley (Boston 2010-15), and Cousins (Kings 2015-16)
Davis played with Rondo and Cousins (Pelicans 2017-18)
Cook played with AD (Pelicans 2016-2017) and Cousins (Warriors 2018-19) and McGee (Warriors 2017-18)
Danny Green played with LeBron (Cavs 2009-10)
Troy Daniels played with Dudley (Suns 2017-2018)
LeBron has played with Kuz, Rondo, Caruso, McGee and KCP (Lakers 2018-19)

Anyone worried about the team getting together for that winning chemistry?

Last edited by unleasHell on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject:

Winning cures all.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2019-20 Lakers Team Bonding/Chemistry

unleasHell wrote:
Again some of the "experts" seem concerned about the Lakers roster coming together as a team, there are quite a few previous connections:

Rondo played with Bradley (Boston 2010-15), and Cousins (Kings 2015-16)
Davis played with Rondo and Cousins (Pelicans 2017-18)
Cook played with Cousins (Warriors 2018-19) and McGee (Warriors 2017-18)
Danny Green played with LeBron (Cavs 2009-10)
Troy Daniels played with Dudley (Suns 2017-2018)
LeBron has played with Kuz, Rondo, Caruso, McGee and KCP (Lakers 2018-19)

Anyone worried about the team getting together for that winning chemistry?

Quin was in Lebrons camp and played on the Pelicans with Davis. He was also recruited by Davis to come here.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

All good points. Hopefully all those connections lead to great team chemistry.

But until I actually see the dedication and intensity produce results on the court I will remain a bit skeptical of the continued speculation of overall improved health, career years and team chemistry I keep seeing pushed forward.

I remain cautiously optimistic. More so then I thought possible a month ago. But I’m going to need to see the results match the hyperbole.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: 2019-20 Lakers Team Bonding/Chemistry

Car54 wrote:
Quin was in Lebrons camp and played on the Pelicans with Davis. He was also recruited by Davis to come here.

great catch, I missed that one - added now to the list!
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

But until I actually see the dedication and intensity produce results on the court I will remain a bit skeptical of the continued speculation of overall improved health, career years and team chemistry I keep seeing pushed forward.

I remain cautiously optimistic. More so then I thought possible a month ago. But I’m going to need to see the results match the hyperbole.

Agreed. And it also helps that the team is all-veteran, which means they understand the necessity of team chemistry a little better. Hopefully that means they try hard to achieve it. But the on-court results are the only true indicator of whether they actually do.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:

Agreed. And it also helps that the team is all-veteran, which means they understand the necessity of team chemistry a little better. Hopefully that means they try hard to achieve it. But the on-court results are the only true indicator of whether they actually do.

Yup. We were way to young last year.

Only real young guys that we have that will be in the rotation is Kuzma (24 years old) and he averaged almost 19 PPG last year.

As long as AD and Lebron are healthy it is gonna be a huge difference.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

I'm not a hundred percent sure what chemistry means. But to me it's more about the games of players meshing together then it is about them having experience playing together.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

I am afraid experts got it wrong on this one. Not only has quite a few of these guys played together before, their roles are quite complementary.

Green hit the 3 to spread the floor and is going to love receiving off ball screens from cousins and Davis to free him up
Lebron pass run the pg specially on pick and roll. He can also post op or go inside. There maybe s little chemistry needed as for this cousins and Davis may have to spot up outside sometimes to allow this. Which both are decent outside shooters so should be able to lure their big man out of the paint
Kuzma versatile cut to the basket and hopefully has 3 can come back so he spread the floor

Davis and Cousins have some overlap but I saw a YouTube video where Davis said they were just having to adjust who pops and who rolls and find a chemistry that worked eventually whole on the pelicans.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:

Yup. We were way to young last year.

Only real young guys that we have that will be in the rotation is Kuzma (24 years old) and he averaged almost 19 PPG last year.

As long as AD and Lebron are healthy it is gonna be a huge difference.

Don't agree that they were too young. It was more about bad chemistry.

From the FO making contradictory and disruptive statements to building a oddly matched roster. They had vet players not providing leadership and looking at their own agendas more then overall team chemistry. Even had contradictory styles played from one half of the roster to the other.

Last season was not about the issues with youth IMO. It was more an example of a roster not meshing and having bad chemistry.

A problem they seem to have fixed this season. At least I hope so. Only time will tell if the roster is as complimentary and meets it's potential this season.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

Last season it was all ball handlers, Lebron playing well, and trying to get 1-2 other guys playing well. If that happened, we mostly won. last year, Lebron was our best weapon outside the paint, now several guys can shoot from the perimeter. Last year, KCP was the only guy really shooting free throws well, now we have a couple guys who should be able to shoot 80%.

It all sort of worked last year through the all-star game and up until Lebron got hurt. Once Lebron was out and the youngsters got hurt, we just didn't have enough of a cohesive team.

This year, I'd expect we will do much better, assuming we don't have 3-4 players hurt at the same time.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

I believe people are referring to the fact that all our players prefer to operate near the basket so they might have trouble fitting in.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: