Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
In a perfect world Boogie returns to form, gets his 20 & 12, helping the Lakers to the best record in the NBA! Then misses the last 10 games with a minor injury, returns to help the Lakers win the championship. But with the injury teams still leery to give him a big long contract and his resigns with the Lakers...

I’ll give up the 20 and 12 regular season for him bringing us a single Ron Artest Game 7 moment to help us win a ring.

Sure, but I think he'll need to give us some 20 and 12 at some point to get us to the finals.

He seems to fill up the box score naturally anyway though. So I don't think that's a real concern. Playing winning basketball, though, is really what he needs to do consistently for us.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how much that Achilles affecrs his game. It’s not like he was a high fly act to begin with.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
I think we should run the offense through him at the beginning of games. Just like we used to do Shaq. Get him feeling good about himself in 1st quarters. Then depending on the night he is having and the matchups will decide if he is playing in crunch time.
I think it is that simple.

He's on a one-year $3.5 mil contact while they just essentially traded the team away to secure a one-year tryout for Davis. AD is who they're catering to, match-ups or not.

AD also recruited him here. Hard. Do you really think he would be opposed to that? Getting Boogie going at the beginning of games would by no means conflict with the Lakers making AD feel comfortable and convincing him to stay here. That's a strange way to look at it. This is about getting the most out of this season so that the team has the best chance to win. And if they have a confident, hungry Boogie, they'll be on their way.

GS was worse offensively when they concentrated on feeding Cousins. Granted we don’t have the shooters that they do, but simple analytics say that you don’t do that.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
I think we should run the offense through him at the beginning of games. Just like we used to do Shaq. Get him feeling good about himself in 1st quarters. Then depending on the night he is having and the matchups will decide if he is playing in crunch time.

He's on a one-year $3.5 mil contact while they just essentially traded the team away to secure a one-year tryout for Davis. AD is who they're catering to, match-ups or not.

AD also recruited him here. Hard. Do you really think he would be opposed to that? Getting Boogie going at the beginning of games would by no means conflict with the Lakers making AD feel comfortable and convincing him to stay here. That's a strange way to look at it. This is about getting the most out of this season so that the team has the best chance to win. And if they have a confident, hungry Boogie, they'll be on their way.

GS was worse offensively when they concentrated on feeding Cousins. Granted we don’t have the shooters that they do, but simple analytics say that you don’t do that.

The warriors was worst when KD was the focal point so um what’s your point? You don’t want KD?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Which particular analytics are those?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Which particular analytics are those?

It has been said plenty of times during games that the warriors are worst when KD is the focal point vs when Steph is.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
I wonder how much that Achilles affecrs his game. It’s not like he was a high fly act to begin with.

Did you watch him try to run? I hurt watching him.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

Did you watch him try to run? I hurt watching him.

(bleep) liar

the lies you tell
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

The warriors was worst when KD was the focal point so um what’s your point? You don’t want KD?

Yes, that’s exactly my point. What an idiotic response. And an inaccurate one at that.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Yes, that’s exactly my point. What an idiotic response. And an inaccurate one at that.

Inaccurate?
Quote:
Actually, without KD, the Warriors are still super dominant. Golden State is plus-14.8 in 672 minutes with Curry, Thompson and Green playing without Durant.

We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave.

But Durant is not the only pending free agent in the Bay. Klay Thompson is headed to the open market in July, as well. What happens when you also remove Thompson and sit him on the bench next to Durant?

Same result: The Warriors are still juggernauts, registering a plus-13.9 in 526 minutes with Curry and Green on the floor without the help of Durant or Thompson.

Now comes the mind-blowing part -- let's take Draymond out of the equation and leave Curry by himself a cast of role players. No Durant. No Thompson. No Green.

With Curry rolling solo, the Warriors are still plus-14.3 in 216 minutes of action. That’s without the help of an MVP, a former Defensive Player of the Year and perhaps the second-greatest shooter ever not named Stephen Wardell Curry. The offense scores 116.6 points per 100 possessions in these lineups, which would be the league-leading offensive rating this season.

The warriors offense without Curry takes a huge dip vs Without KD. Now watch dude have some type of play on words lol
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

I think it's always been a challenge for coaches to figure out how to integrate Cousins' immense talent into a modern offense. Now it's Vogel's turn. Or rather, Vogel's and Lebron's.

The Lakers may benefit from Cousins' journey the past 2 seasons - from being a #1 option, to being traded and becoming a 2nd option (or a 1A option), to a severe injury, to a winning culture where was also not a top option (or at least not an effective top option). He may have matured and learned. But then again, he will be playing for a big contract. I think it's a good risk, but a risk nonetheless.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
I think it's always been a challenge for coaches to figure out how to integrate Cousins' immense talent into a modern offense. Now it's Vogel's turn. Or rather, Vogel's and Lebron's.

The Lakers may benefit from Cousins' journey the past 2 seasons - from being a #1 option, to being traded and becoming a 2nd option (or a 1A option), to a severe injury, to a winning culture where was also not a top option (or at least not an effective top option). He may have matured and learned. But then again, he will be playing for a big contract. I think it's a good risk, but a risk nonetheless.

Hasn't Vogel essentially said we're mimicking the offense of the Bucks with LBJ in the Giannis role? Here's the problem: both AD and Cousins averaged 7 post-ups a game last season. By contrast, the highest post-up Buck was Giannis at 4.6. If what Vogel is saying is true, someone's opportunities there is going to be severely shaved down. It's hard to imagine that player is not Boogie.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Inaccurate?
Quote:
Actually, without KD, the Warriors are still super dominant. Golden State is plus-14.8 in 672 minutes with Curry, Thompson and Green playing without Durant.

But Durant is not the only pending free agent in the Bay. Klay Thompson is headed to the open market in July, as well. What happens when you also remove Thompson and sit him on the bench next to Durant?

Same result: The Warriors are still juggernauts, registering a plus-13.9 in 526 minutes with Curry and Green on the floor without the help of Durant or Thompson.

Now comes the mind-blowing part -- let's take Draymond out of the equation and leave Curry by himself a cast of role players. No Durant. No Thompson. No Green.

With Curry rolling solo, the Warriors are still plus-14.3 in 216 minutes of action. That’s without the help of an MVP, a former Defensive Player of the Year and perhaps the second-greatest shooter ever not named Stephen Wardell Curry. The offense scores 116.6 points per 100 possessions in these lineups, which would be the league-leading offensive rating this season.

The warriors offense without Curry takes a huge dip vs Without KD. Now watch dude have some type of play on words lol

A play on words like we were discussing Cousins until you tried deflecting the conversation toward KD and Curry? Trying to force feed Cousins in the paint took the Warriors out of their offensive flow.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Inaccurate?
Quote:

A play on words like we were discussing Cousins until you tried deflecting the conversation toward KD and Curry? Trying to force feed Cousins in the paint took the Warriors out of their offensive flow.

Interesting you say that when this was said about Durant and Golden State.

Quote:
Keep Kevin Durant away from wing isolations. Kevin Durant excelled the past couple weeks as the primary ballhandler, running high pick-and-rolls with plenty of space. When Steph Curry returned on Saturday, Kerr went back to Durant isolations on the wing. As I wrote a few days ago, these plays slow down the offense and kill the spacing.Continue giving Durant the ball with space to drive into the paint.

Like I said
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Inaccurate?
Quote:

Interesting you say that when this was said about Durant and Golden State.

Quote:
Keep Kevin Durant away from wing isolations. Kevin Durant excelled the past couple weeks as the primary ballhandler, running high pick-and-rolls with plenty of space. When Steph Curry returned on Saturday, Kerr went back to Durant isolations on the wing. As I wrote a few days ago, these plays slow down the offense and kill the spacing.Continue giving Durant the ball with space to drive into the paint.

Like I said
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

How come no one's talking about Cousins playing for Loyalty is Love on ESPN right now?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
How come no one's talking about Cousins playing for Loyalty is Love on ESPN right now?

He's not playing - he's the GM. His brother is playing.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

You can pass him the ball three out of the six first half court sets of a game, if Boogie can't manage that then yeah we are doomed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Passing him the ball as part of a motion offense is fine, he is good at finding cutters. It’s coming down the court with the sole intent of setting him up isn’t. GS tried to in order to include him and it was inefficient.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Anyone really care to dissect Boogies' numbers from last year can look here:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/couside01/gamelog/2019/

GSW had a "+" in 16 of 30 games, not exactly stellar. But, the Warriors were already an established team and did not even really need him, so after missing the first 45 games and training camp, they had to figure out how to fit him in!

The Lakers should NOT have this issue, especially if he has a full & healthy training camp. Also he is surrounded by people who want him to succeed instead of D. Green who told Durant they won fine without him and I can't help thinking Green thought the same way about Cousins' presence.

Now, if you want to dream of what could be, feel free to checkout his previous season with the Pelicans when he had games of:
41pts-23trb
20pts-22trb
39pts-13trb
35pts-15trb
32pts-13trb
38pts-11trb
29pts-19trb
24pts-19trb
44pts-23trb

If he returns to that form, the Lakers will run away with the title...!
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

does anybody know what is the max contract we can give Boogie next year is?

also, one possible (I dont want to say likely) scenario is that AD misses a lot of games because of ankle sprains or whatever and Boogie ends up being one of if not the main workhorse go-to players on the team. Just like we saw last year in GSW, in the finals Boogie, Green and Steph were the last men standing. And what I saw was that Boogie was a real player and competitor, he was playing the full game out there and if the ball bounces differently gsw repeats
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

I think it's 100% better we signed Boogie and not Kevin Durant this summer. Brooklyn is waaaay out there with Durant (and Kyrie). It might be 2 years before Durant is back to where Cousins is now.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

and LoL at the Clippers with their two moody "superstars" who have already forced themselves off of three teams between them (SA for kawhi, Ind and OKC for PG) and will be playing with a coach who will now be overmatched with expectations most likely
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
I think it's 100% better we signed Boogie and not Kevin Durant this summer. Brooklyn is waaaay out there with Durant (and Kyrie). It might be 2 years before Durant is back to where Cousins is now.

Doubtful, Durant is a player who has taken care of his body, he is in good shape to heal. Cousins was fat and out of shape when he was injured and has suffered injury trying to compensate for the Achilles. The idea that he will heal faster than Durant is pure fiction.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
and LoL at the Clippers with their two moody "superstars" who have already forced themselves off of three teams between them (SA for kawhi, Ind and OKC for PG) and will be playing with a coach who will now be overmatched with expectations most likely

wait just a minute, Coach Rivers has won a Championship, TWELVE years ago...lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 33 of 69
Jump to: