Those Who Honestly Arent Excited to Watch Lakers This Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

I’m excited to watch Lebron leave it all on the court the next few seasons. This is his team now. I’m excited to watch Kuz and to see if he’s the true Chosen One, Jeanie’s Favorite Son, or just the lowest salary young core and nothing more. I’m excited to watch this Boogie and Bradley redemption tour. I’m excited for the bald mamba. I’m excited for AD. I’m excited to finally watch Reverend Horton Hears a Who play. I’m excited to see if Judy Soto is really that good or is she just more Kobe nepotism. I’m excited to see if they finally will ditch Tanter after this season. I’m excited for the possibility of thick Lakers girls with current dance moves (yeah right). I’m excited to see if Giannis’ brother is decent or just sowing the seeds for 2021. I’m excited to see if we can score Iggy. I’m excited to see Lebron as out point god. I’m excited to see more Kuz at the 3. I’m excited for old man Dudley.

What I’m not excited for is the Kuzma and Green for Beal trade talks that the media will ramp up around Dec. Or even worse, Kuzma and filler for Iggy.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
I'm very excited about this coming season, however I'm cautiously optimistic. What's on paper doesn't always translate to success. I'm remembering thinking that team with Nash, Kobe, Pau and Howard was going to be incredible and they turned out to be a complete failure.

That team had so many injuries and coaching changes that we never really saw what they could do.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

F em
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
I'm very excited about this coming season, however I'm cautiously optimistic. What's on paper doesn't always translate to success. I'm remembering thinking that team with Nash, Kobe, Pau and Howard was going to be incredible and they turned out to be a complete failure.

That team had so many injuries and coaching changes that we never really saw what they could do.

That team was old and badly put together, even the coach(s) did not fit. It was total failure from Mitch and Jimbo, and the beginning of 6 years of being the laughing stock of the NBA.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

That team was old and badly put together, even the coach(s) did not fit. It was total failure from Mitch and Jimbo, and the beginning of 6 years of being the laughing stock of the NBA.

It wasn't that old, and I thought they fit together well. Nash was 38 but he was coming off an all-star season. Kobe was 34, Gasol 32, Dwight 27.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject:

I am not really sure that there is real Lakers fan not excited about the next season. I am expecting great and fun season.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Pumped for next season. Wish it started tomorrow.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Nash set the tone with his geriatric play.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

It wasn't that old, and I thought they fit together well. Nash was 38 but he was coming off an all-star season. Kobe was 34, Gasol 32, Dwight 27.

Maybe, but they were already broken or in via (route) to.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

How were they badly put together? Most predictions before the season had them winning from the the mid 50's to low 60's and winning the Western Conference.

They had three players that finished in the top 10 in MVP voting the season before. They had the requisite Laker Superstars, depth, defense, shooting, playmaking and rebounding.

Optimism of a successful season was overwhelming until the realities of injuries and poor internal chemistry ruined the season.

Oddly similar to this Laker roster and hype for this season. I am cautiously optimistic but still need to see it work on the court before I can get too excited. Going to be fun to watch but this team could just as easily fall off the cliff as that 2012-13 team did.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

It'll be like watching the Dodgers this season. All that winning gets old.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:
He's #2 in minutes played among active players today, and that's not an exciting stat to ponder when thinking about the future of a guy who makes his living with his feet.

I'm not worry about that. If you compare him to other NBA players based on minutes, he should have been retired a couple of years ago -- instead he was coming in #2 in MVP voting. My guess is his career will play out more like Karl Malone, and he still has some all-NBA seasons in him.

I think that the fact that you had to reach back a couple of years to make your point makes 70’s dude’s point. Lebron isn’t 30, he isn’t the same player now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Nash set the tone with his geriatric play.

In the one game he was healthy?
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling some of the LG fans are now Clipper fans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
70sdude wrote:
He's #2 in minutes played among active players today, and that's not an exciting stat to ponder when thinking about the future of a guy who makes his living with his feet.

I'm not worry about that. If you compare him to other NBA players based on minutes, he should have been retired a couple of years ago -- instead he was coming in #2 in MVP voting. My guess is his career will play out more like Karl Malone, and he still has some all-NBA seasons in him.

I think that the fact that you had to reach back a couple of years to make your point makes 70’s dude’s point. Lebron isn’t 30, he isn’t the same player now.

I disagree with you, which isn't unusual huh? i had to reach back because LeBron is such a unique player that there are very few guys in NBA history you can compare him to. And sure, he isn't the same player as when he was 30, but he still in mvp-level player.

Am I right, or are you right? Guess we'll see over the next 3 to 5 years
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

I am really not excited and I expect us to be a good team.

The problem is simply the chaos and negativity of LeBron. This right here makes the season something I am completely indifferent about. I might get a little more excited as we get into October. But for now, I am not looking forward to another season of LeBron's chaos and drama.
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

i cant complain anymore. team came through .
More than excitement I wanted some talent and depth

FO came through.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I was pretty excited last year when Lebron came. I'm excited again. Lebron is still a top 5 player, don't forget that folks.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:

Most that are undercover flippers are simply LBJ haters.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:

Are they really Laker fans in the first place then?

Or front runner fans that follow the flavor of the month? I have no issue with someone packing away their Warriors gear for their new clippers gear. To each his own. Just be honest about it.

Others of us have a “team”. We scrutinize every move and game. We agonize over every stumble and relish every victory. We proclaim our fan affiliation proudly no matter the reality of the expectations for the season.

I can be excited about other teams or matchups but there can only be one team that I follow religiously. The Lakers.

Enjoy the season. Going to be a good one!
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Or front runner fans that follow the flavor of the month? I have no issue with someone packing away their Warriors gear for their new clippers gear. To each his own. Just be honest about it.

Others of us have a “team”. We scrutinize every move and game. We agonize over every stumble and relish every victory. We proclaim our fan affiliation proudly no matter the reality of the expectations for the season.

I can be excited about other teams or matchups but there can only be one team that I follow religiously. The Lakers.

Honestly... It's pretty simple and clear.

There are a lot of Lakers fans who hate how the organization has sold their soul to LeBron and Klutch. We lost our team. This is bigger than winning or losing.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
h2omike wrote:

There are a lot of Lakers fans who hate how the organization has sold their soul to LeBron and Klutch. We lost our team. This is bigger than winning or losing.

I understand your point. I have not been thrilled with some of the paths chosen either. Whether it be the emphasis on "2 max" at any cost, FO dysfunction or the signing of certain players.

As for the "lost your team" rhetoric. James is a brief, although turbulant, chapter in the Laker history books. In a couple years the Lakers will (hopefully) be building a new roster around Davis and continuing the story.

In the end I will root for the name on the front of the jersey even if disappointed about some of the names on the back of those same jerseys. Always have, always will.

To each his own.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I’m curious to know this team can do. There are some
repetitive parts I, personally, would have gone another
way with, but, I’m officially curious.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
h2omike wrote:

I understand your point. I have not been thrilled with some of the paths chosen either. Whether it be the emphasis on "2 max" at any cost, FO dysfunction or the signing of certain players.

As for the "lost your team" rhetoric. James is a brief, although turbulant, chapter in the Laker history books. In a couple years the Lakers will (hopefully) be building a new roster around Davis and continuing the story.

In the end I will root for the name on the front of the jersey even if disappointed about some of the names on the back of those same jerseys. Always have, always will.

To each his own.

Good points. I share the same perspective. I'll never stop being a fan. I am too deep into Lakerdom for that to happen. But, that also means I am deep enough to be confident that there are no shortcuts to glory. LeBron is not going to get us a Championship. He's a quitter and here for the wrong reasons. Simply, his heart isn't with the Lakers, it's with his personal glory.

If the Warriors get Klay back, they are better than us. So are the Blazers, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, and Mavericks.

It's just a different perspective. There really isn't much to be excited about.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

How can people not be excited to see Alex Caruso start on a playoff team next season?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: