How well do we stack up against the Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win in a 7 game series right now, rosters as is
Lakers
83%
 83%  [ 204 ]
Clippers
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 245

lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
They have zero interior defense. Harrell 6’8 LMAO...and Zu? AD and Boogie will have a feast not to mention lobs with McGee and Bron attacking the rim.

It’s quite comical just watching AD games vs the fliers 46pts 16rebs 4ast and the win on the road

AD can be more dominant than Lebron 40 plus is so easy and he he’s grab 20 Rebs while doing it.
23pts 13rebs 5ast 3stls 3blks

It's going to be really interesting to see who gets the assignment from Doc to guard AD. The guys they had on him in those two meetings last season (Harris, Gortat, and Gallinari) aren't even Clippers anymore. But obviously Doc's strategy was to go with length. Based on that, my best guess is that it'll be George's job to contain AD and Kawhi will be on LeBron. And I think Beverley will be on Green because Doc will trust his discipline and defensive IQ to know when to stay at home and close out on Green vs helping to disrupt AD and LeBron when they get the ball.

Maurice Harkless
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Need some forward depth-- Iggy being the key guy who can change everything. As of now, we cant really guard Kawhi/PG that well while they cant guard AD that well.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
They have zero interior defense. Harrell 6’8 LMAO...and Zu? AD and Boogie will have a feast not to mention lobs with McGee and Bron attacking the rim.

It’s quite comical just watching AD games vs the fliers 46pts 16rebs 4ast and the win on the road

AD can be more dominant than Lebron 40 plus is so easy and he he’s grab 20 Rebs while doing it.
23pts 13rebs 5ast 3stls 3blks

It's going to be really interesting to see who gets the assignment from Doc to guard AD. The guys they had on him in those two meetings last season (Harris, Gortat, and Gallinari) aren't even Clippers anymore. But obviously Doc's strategy was to go with length. Based on that, my best guess is that it'll be George's job to contain AD and Kawhi will be on LeBron. And I think Beverley will be on Green because Doc will trust his discipline and defensive IQ to know when to stay at home and close out on Green vs helping to disrupt AD and LeBron when they get the ball.

Maurice Harkless

Gives up 30+ pounds to AD and shoots less than 30% from 3? Yes please...
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Last year we broke even against the Clips 2 win 2 loss

Clips:
7 Returning players that player more than 5 mins in the game.
(Lou, Beverly, Harrell, Shamet, Zu, Green Robinson a total of 18 games played) if you add each player's record they won 9 win and 9 loss

Lakers:
6 Returning players more than 5 mins in the game.
(LBJ, Kuz, Mcgee, Rondo, KCP, Caruso a total of 16 games played) if you add each player's record they won 9 and 7 loss

What is my point? We have as much returning players as the Clips, the returning players the Lakers retain have 9-7 winning record while the Clips is at .500. The perception that the Clips have more cohesion is BS.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: How well do we stack up against the Clippers?

LAL1947 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:

PG: Beverly
SG: Shamet
SG: George
PF: Leonard
C: Harrell

On Defense:
LeBron vs PatBev
KCP vs Shamet
Green vs Kawhi
Kuzma vs George
AD vs Harrell

those wing matchups will sink us. Green is a team defender not a stopper. we need Iggy

No offense intended, I think you should wait to see what Vogel/Kidd/Hollins have in plan for the defense instead of thinking you already know what will happen, how we will play and what schemes/matchups we will use, and who will get crushed.

Agreed.

If their wings will 'sink us' then my question is how are they going to defend our bigs?

Is KL or PG going to be able to deal with AD or Boogie?

Come on...that idea is laughable.

#BannersOverBillboards
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

When did Leonard become a PF?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Just my opinion i think Patterson will be a starter on the razors. Montrez played well off the bench just like Lou Williams. So i think they'll keepmhim there and start Patrick.
On Xmas we might see this

Beverly. Bradley
Kawhi. Green
George. Lebron
Patterson AD
Zubac. McGee
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Kaw and Pg are both SF's according to history, but the Klippers choose to rewrite history!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Last year we broke even against the Clips 2 win 2 loss

Clips:
7 Returning players that player more than 5 mins in the game.
(Lou, Beverly, Harrell, Shamet, Zu, Green Robinson a total of 18 games played) if you add each player's record they won 9 win and 9 loss

Lakers:
6 Returning players more than 5 mins in the game.
(LBJ, Kuz, Mcgee, Rondo, KCP, Caruso a total of 16 games played) if you add each player's record they won 9 and 7 loss

What is my point? We have as much returning players as the Clips, the returning players the Lakers retain have 9-7 winning record while the Clips is at .500. The perception that the Clips have more cohesion is BS.

I think your point is a little off. The people who think the Clippers are more cohesive seem to be basing this on their opinion of how the players -- both old and new -- fit together. I o anyone is basing their opinion on returning guys who played more than 5 minutes a game in a vacuum.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Positions are becoming less important. Teams put different assortments of players on the floor based on matchups. It's not unusual to see a team put out three small forwards and two guards.

Leonard can play SG, SF, and PF, but that doesn't mean he can defend or be guarded by every SG, SF and PF in the league.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Just my opinion i think Patterson will be a starter on the razors. Montrez played well off the bench just like Lou Williams. So i think they'll keepmhim there and start Patrick.
On Xmas we might see this

Beverly. Bradley
Kawhi. Green
George. Lebron
Patterson AD
Zubac. McGee

Are razors worse than clippers? I guess I shave with clippers since i dont have much of a beard but still
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

AD is going to get minutes on the second unit whenever LeBron sits. Can’t wait to see how that plays out with the Clips. If the Clippers want to run Harrell at C against him, AD will feast like he did last year.

Got to also make Lou play D either in the two-man scenarios or setting up sets so that Lou is the guy who needs to rotate on help.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Bron should be motivated to hopefully lock down one of their 2 stars.. which for us reminds me of the Shaq/Kobe duo, both often wouldn't have extraordinary scoring series - so AD can avg 35ppg against the Clips, while Lebron brings out some vintage D and scores a measly 25
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Positions are becoming less important. Teams put different assortments of players on the floor based on matchups. It's not unusual to see a team put out three small forwards and two guards.

Leonard can play SG, SF, and PF, but that doesn't mean he can defend or be guarded by every SG, SF and PF in the league.

Kawhi is not a power forward. Positions still exist.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

Kawhi and PG shut down the perimeter. They're two of the best perimeter defenders in the league... in not the best. So is Patrick Beverly btw.

The issue isn't whether AD and LBJ can dominate inside against them. It's getting the ball to LBJ and AD in the first place in "attack" positions for those two. That's not going to be easy at all consistently in a game.

And for those who say the Clippers have zero interior defense... you're thinking 1v1. But they're not going to defend 1v1. PG, Kawhi and PB are going to be the help defenders and swarm. That's going to be a great defense imo.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
Kawhi and PG shut down the perimeter. They're two of the best perimeter defenders in the league... in not the best. So is Patrick Beverly btw.

The issue isn't whether AD and LBJ can dominate inside against them. It's getting the ball to LBJ and AD in the first place in "attack" positions for those two. That's not going to be easy at all consistently in a game.

And for those who say the Clippers have zero interior defense... you're thinking 1v1. But they're not going to defend 1v1. PG, Kawhi and PB are going to be the help defenders and swarm. That's going to be a great defense imo.

Two things you’ve ignored about the Lakers. Lebron is The is the PG so he’ll get the ball to AD. Green was the second best wing defender in the league last year and Bradley had a defensive rating close to Patrick Beverly last year. You say they can swarm on defense well so can the Lakers. Bradley can be just as disruptive as Beverly can without all the stupid antics.
So let’s stop acting like the clippers have an answer for LBJ or AD. Lebron got his vs Kawhi last season and prior. PG ain’t locking lebron up either. So all this talk about swarming when there’s a career 40% + shooter on the court with one of the games best passers is nonsense
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Looks like the Lakers and Clippers will play opening night (Oct 22) as well and the early guess is that PG13 will be out, so the Lakers better stomp them that night and set the tone for the season...!
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

We have backup and third string caliber perimeter players. The Lakers desperately needed a 3rd star or starting caliber point guard to compete.

As it stands right now, we are the 2011-15 Miami Heat without Wade. Except LeBron is old and washed and Davis is better than Bosh.

The Lakers will have to do another bad trade in order to get a point guard. If not, we are going to live and die by LeBron's inability to penetrate.

There will be times where we look pretty good. But against the elite point guards and wing players, we are going to look bad.

We have the worst guard rotation in the Pacific division. The Clippers and Warriors will smoke us. Then there is Sacramento and Phoenix who will look to run us off the court.

We are a 6th seed at best without another trade. Lakers have to figure out a way to get CP3.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
We are a 6th seed at best without another trade. Lakers have to figure out a way to get CP3.

Mr. Chairman, I'd like to nominate the above statement for the "Worst Post of the 2018 Off-Season Award".

Anyone second this?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
We have backup and third string caliber perimeter players. The Lakers desperately needed a 3rd star or starting caliber point guard to compete.

As it stands right now, we are the 2011-15 Miami Heat without Wade. Except LeBron is old and washed and Davis is better than Bosh.

The Lakers will have to do another bad trade in order to get a point guard. If not, we are going to live and die by LeBron's inability to penetrate.

There will be times where we look pretty good. But against the elite point guards and wing players, we are going to look bad.

We have the worst guard rotation in the Pacific division. The Clippers and Warriors will smoke us. Then there is Sacramento and Phoenix who will look to run us off the court.

Lol the only way we are a 6th seed is if Legramps or Davis gets hurt
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

The odds of them getting hurt are pretty high
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
defense wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

The odds of them getting hurt are pretty high

If you and the other cry babies keeping speaking it into existence...then maybe

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Mr. Chairman, I'd like to nominate the above statement for the "Worst Post of the 2018 Off-Season Award".

Anyone second this?

By a land slide.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Kawhi is not a power forward. Positions still exist.

There is definitely a blurring of positions. I'd say you would lump them as guards, wings, and bigs.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Lol the only way we are a 6th seed is if Legramps or Davis gets hurt[/quote]

The odds of them getting hurt are pretty high[/quote]

If you and the other cry babies keeping speaking it into existence...then maybe

[/quote]

Lol. If my words are THAT powerful then I better start popping off about a lot of things...and fast
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18
Jump to: