Is Andre Iquodala to Lakers the last addition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

SmartBaller420 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Someone else pointed this out in another thread but the Grizzlies need to waive two players to get down to 15. I think it's a given D12 ($5.6 million) is one of those. They have two cheap, partially guaranteed contracts (Rabb, Caboclo) and two other expirings: Solomon Hill ($12.8 million) and Miles Plumlee ($12.5 million). If they waive D12, then Plumlee seems less likely as he's the only backup C.

If Iggy took ~$4.3 million less on a buyout he'd cost less than Hill. He'd get back $2.6 million from a minimum contract or more if another team has cap space or an exception. There's also the deadline of Aug 31st if the Grizz want to stretch the buyout amount over three years instead of paying it all out at once. Knowing the Grizz have to waive someone, that could be why we're not hearing trade rumors for Iggy as other teams bide their time to force the Grizz to make a decision and see if the asking price for Iggy goes down.

The grizz have a gluttony of wings with only 3 under contact past this season;

Kyle Anderson
Josh Jackson
Grayson Allen

The other wings have contracts that expire at the end of this season;

Andre Iggy
Solomon Hill
Jae Crowder
Bruno Caboclo
Dillon Brooks

Brooks is high value but the other 4 expirings don’t really seem to fit with the Grizz’s future. I can see them keeping one of them, or two possibly at the most and waiving the others, so I think we’re in good shape.

I think I will be fine with either Jae Crowder or Solomon Hill supposing Iggy is not made available to us.

Really and Truly it seems like the only offensive threat we are concerned about is Kawhi Leonard, which is legit and could possibly be the difference between getting out of the west.

Lebron might have to reach out to Crowder given that Crowder didn't enjoy the Lebron experience in Cleveland.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

Crowder would be a good get.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

At 17m only a team with players to trade or cap room plus draft choices can make Memphis trade Iggy.
All the contenders want him to fill a spot.
This year it is unlikely that Memphis will wavier him at that price and he has value.
Maybe next year when he is a FA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

man, Memphis is the depository for these guys all of a sudden. Korver. Iggy. Crowder.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

man, Memphis is the depository for these guys all of a sudden. Korver. Iggy. Crowder.

Is it possible to trade two future 2nd's for future protected 2nd (Memphis) in order for them to buyout Iggy? I never reeky heard that option discussed. I'd do that.

Man, would love it if Memphis would buyout out with Iggy AND Crowder.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Is it possible to trade two future 2nd's for future protected 2nd (Memphis) in order for them to buyout Iggy? I never reeky heard that option discussed. I'd do that.

I don't think so. We don't have the salary to match them, and if so, what are we trading for them? We could theoretically do 2 future 2nds for a Memphis 2nd that is so protected it's never going to convey.

Ok, so they buy out the guys. They are then unrestricted FAs and can go to any team they want. No way to force them to join the Lakers. So we burn 2 2nds and Iggy/Crowder can go elsewhere? Nope.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Who are you trading?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

A first rounder might get them to do tgat
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Doubt we get Crowder. Lebron shipped his ass out of Cleveland and he called Lebron out for padding stats. With how much Pelinka talks to the guys I really don’t see it happening.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

A first-rounder for Crowder? Maybe at the deadline for a contender assuming he's playing well for the grizzlies. It doesn't look like there's much of a trade market for him right now.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I don't think so. We don't have the salary to match them, and if so, what are we trading for them? We could theoretically do 2 future 2nds for a Memphis 2nd that is so protected it's never going to convey.

Ok, so they buy out the guys. They are then unrestricted FAs and can go to any team they want. No way to force them to join the Lakers. So we burn 2 2nds and Iggy/Crowder can go elsewhere? Nope.

Well the assumption is that Iggy would definitely sign before you pull the trigger.... I'd feel good about him singing here but I confirmation would cement my decision to do that
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

You can't give a team picks to induce them to buy out players so you can sign them for the minimum. That's cap circumvention.

I don't see Crowder being bought out. He's already said he wants to stay in Memphis to help develop the young guys. Plus, he's a cheap, expiring contract that could easily generate interest at the trade deadline.

Heck, he might even be a player they keep. After all, the Grizzles actually do have to field a team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Well the assumption is that Iggy would definitely sign before you pull the trigger.... I'd feel good about him singing here but I confirmation would cement my decision to do that

Right. But people are fickle. What if Iggy decides he wants to join another team that will offer a full MLE or something? Nothing will stop him from doing so in that scenario.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Who are you trading?

Nobody. I just assumed from the previous post that he was going to be a buyout candidate.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Who are you trading?

Nobody. I just assumed from the previous post that he was going to be a buyout candidate.

excluding trolling clippers fans, I think all of us comprehended what you originally meant.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Who are you trading?

excluding trolling clippers fans, I think all of us comprehended what you originally meant.

yupe
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject:

If the lakers don't get Iggy, i think carmelo is the next thing. Carmelo playing alongside LBJ and AD will make the best in him. I still believe in Melo.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:
If the lakers don't get Iggy, i think carmelo is the next thing. Carmelo playing alongside LBJ and AD will make the best in him. I still believe in Melo.

I never believed in Melo.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

It would be a great addition. With him in the team we are set to contend for the chip.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Doubt we get Crowder. Lebron shipped his ass out of Cleveland and he called Lebron out for padding stats. With how much Pelinka talks to the guys I really don’t see it happening.

I agree, Crowder was pretty bad in Cleveland, and it was not a good experiment.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

I've coveted Iggy on the Lakers since...when Kobe was here with Pau. I was hoping we could somehow trade Pau for him that summer when we got Dwight.

Yeah he's old and a bench role player, but I think he would complete our team so well.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I've coveted Iggy on the Lakers since...when Kobe was here with Pau. I was hoping we could somehow trade Pau for him that summer when we got Dwight.

Yeah he's old and a bench role player, but I think he would complete our team so well.

Memphis has given no indication they are even considering buying him out, so if we do luck into him somehow I suspect it won't be until the season is well underway.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Memphis has given no indication they are even considering buying him out, so if we do luck into him somehow I suspect it won't be until the season is well underway.

I don't mind him hanging in Memphis getting healthy so long as we get him in time for the playoffs.

But truth is that Memphis isn't getting overwhelmed by offers otherwise this would have been over by now.

Seems like he's headed toward a buyout at some point.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They are trying to hold out as long as they can because they don’t want him going to the Lakers. It’s like much of the league considers the Lakers to be Thanos and they’re all trying to do “whatever it takes” to keep the Lakers from adding more talent to win another title. Bizarre
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't mind him hanging in Memphis getting healthy so long as we get him in time for the playoffs.

But truth is that Memphis isn't getting overwhelmed by offers otherwise this would have been over by now.

Seems like he's headed toward a buyout at some point.

Iggy should have more value at the trade deadline than now. There will likely be at least one team thinking that he is the missing link and ready to deal picks/youth.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: