Lebron James & Anthony Davis Selected NBAtv’s All-Decade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cganesh75
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

No Tim Duncan?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
AD23 wrote:
I think Kobe is lucky to make 3rd team

For the decade he had 2 good seasons? Then was injured for the rest until he retired

The criteria for this list starts in 09-10 season. So Kobe had 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, and 12/13 seasons being 1st Team All NBA and winning 1 ring. Then post achilles tear he obviously was a shell of himself and having 2 more injury ending seasons before his final season. I'd say off the strength of his first 4 seasons in the 2010s he deserves to be on there over the likes of Carmelo and Blake Griffin. I think the 2 guys that got snubbed actually are Dame Lillard and Klay Thompson, both should have made it over BG & Melo.

Again, it's not the best 15 guys from any position. Its three teams each made up of 2 guards and 3 bigs. So you cant replace Melo or Griffin with a guard. You can only replace them with another forward or center.

So you can have three forwards, but not three guards? Lol what sense does that make?

Well since the game evolved the center position into a PF it makes sense.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
activeverb wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
AD23 wrote:

For the decade he had 2 good seasons? Then was injured for the rest until he retired

The criteria for this list starts in 09-10 season. So Kobe had 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, and 12/13 seasons being 1st Team All NBA and winning 1 ring. Then post achilles tear he obviously was a shell of himself and having 2 more injury ending seasons before his final season. I'd say off the strength of his first 4 seasons in the 2010s he deserves to be on there over the likes of Carmelo and Blake Griffin. I think the 2 guys that got snubbed actually are Dame Lillard and Klay Thompson, both should have made it over BG & Melo.

Again, it's not the best 15 guys from any position. Its three teams each made up of 2 guards and 3 bigs. So you cant replace Melo or Griffin with a guard. You can only replace them with another forward or center.

So you can have three forwards, but not three guards? Lol what sense does that make?

It's the same thing they do with the all-star game. You vote for three bigs and two guards.

You can debate whether that's the best approach, but it's the approach they took with this list. Personally, I would have made it center, two forwards, and two guards.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Are people actually angry Kobe didn't make the 1st team? I think Deadspin is being a tad unfair.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

ah yes, so many unforgettable moments by james harden and anthony davis since 2009-10 such as.........and.......additionally.....not to mention......

yikes
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

NBA's All-Decade Team has Kobe Bryant way too low and Kawhi Leonard way too high

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nbas-all-decade-team-has-kobe-bryant-way-too-low-and-kawhi-leonard-way-too-high/
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
NBA's All-Decade Team has Kobe Bryant way too low and Kawhi Leonard way too high

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nbas-all-decade-team-has-kobe-bryant-way-too-low-and-kawhi-leonard-way-too-high/

The article said: "Bell recognizes Leonard's greatness, but thinks the timeline of him just winning a championship was a biased reason to select him to the team. "You look at those numbers there... there's one that doesn't look like the rest," Bell said. "I think it is a recency bias." "

Well, AD has better numbers, but Kawhi has two finals MVPs and two years finishing 2nd and 3rd in MVP voting.

So it's whether you favor peak performance or overall performance.

Personally, I'd put Kobe on the second team and keep Kawhi on the first team, even if I think the concept of an all decade team is stupid.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

BotPoster24 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
AD23 wrote:

I assumed 09-10 would be on the previous decade. I started with 00-01 when assuming that decade.

NBA considers the first year of a decade as 9-0 and closes at 8-9.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
What's Melo doing in there? If he was actually worthy of 2nd all decade team, don't you think people would sign him for max already because he's still only 35 years young? but it's looking like right now nobody even wants him for vet min. Westbrick in his prime would be better than Harden in his prime.

Some players decline much faster than others and some start their decline earlier than others.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
What's Melo doing in there? If he was actually worthy of 2nd all decade team, don't you think people would sign him for max already because he's still only 35 years young? but it's looking like right now nobody even wants him for vet min. Westbrick in his prime would be better than Harden in his prime.

Some players decline much faster than others and some start their decline earlier than others.

35 isn't exactly young for a basketball player. There are more inductees in the Hall of Fame who ended their careers by age 35 than who played after that age.

The interest in Melo today at age 35 doesn't tell you anything about this overall performance from ages 25 to 34, which is what this list is based on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: