Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Anyone really care to dissect Boogies' numbers from last year can look here:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/couside01/gamelog/2019/

GSW had a "+" in 16 of 30 games, not exactly stellar. But, the Warriors were already an established team and did not even really need him, so after missing the first 45 games and training camp, they had to figure out how to fit him in!

If he returns to that form, the Lakers will run away with the title...!

To me it looks like GSW won 23 of the 30 games--not 16. If I counted correctly, GSW went 34-18 without him and 23-7 with him.

If Cousins can stay away from injuries, the Lakers are going to be contenders.

--Anonymous
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

GSW had a "+" in 16 of 30 games, not exactly stellar. But, the Warriors were already an established team and did not even really need him, so after missing the first 45 games and training camp, they had to figure out how to fit him in!

To me it looks like GSW won 23 of the 30 games--not 16. If I counted correctly, GSW went 34-18 without him and 23-7 with him.

That's an even more encouraging stat!

BTW: the "+16" did not refer to games won or lost, my interpretation is that it means while he is on the floor, is his team scoring more or less points than the opposition..
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

BTW: the "+16" did not refer to games won or lost, my interpretation is that it means while he is on the floor, is his team scoring more or less points than the opposition..

So what stat is Ventroll using?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I get it! Your "+16" was "+/-" column which is the farthest right. I was looking at the "won or lost" column--which also has a "+" or "-" in it--which is the eighth from the left. I apologize for not catching that sooner.

Which stat is a better indicator of Cousin's contributions?

--Anonymous
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Sssmush wrote:
and LoL at the Clippers with their two moody "superstars" who have already forced themselves off of three teams between them (SA for kawhi, Ind and OKC for PG) and will be playing with a coach who will now be overmatched with expectations most likely

wait just a minute, Coach Rivers has won a Championship, TWELVE years ago...lol

This cannot be hammered home enough imo. We are overrating this coaching staff based off of one good year pretty much. Not trying to defend the Lakers here because of course our staff is a bigger question mark. But acting like the Clippers have PJ, Brian Shaw and the boys is laughable...
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
I think it's always been a challenge for coaches to figure out how to integrate Cousins' immense talent into a modern offense. Now it's Vogel's turn. Or rather, Vogel's and Lebron's.

The Lakers may benefit from Cousins' journey the past 2 seasons - from being a #1 option, to being traded and becoming a 2nd option (or a 1A option), to a severe injury, to a winning culture where was also not a top option (or at least not an effective top option). He may have matured and learned. But then again, he will be playing for a big contract. I think it's a good risk, but a risk nonetheless.

Hasn't Vogel essentially said we're mimicking the offense of the Bucks with LBJ in the Giannis role? Here's the problem: both AD and Cousins averaged 7 post-ups a game last season. By contrast, the highest post-up Buck was Giannis at 4.6. If what Vogel is saying is true, someone's opportunities there is going to be severely shaved down. It's hard to imagine that player is not Boogie.

Did Vogel say that? I probably missed it. And yes, you are likely right that his post opportunities will be reduced if that's the case. But he has been a 35%+ 3PT shooter in the past. If he gets back to that rate, it may not matter that he has reduced post touches.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I get it! Your "+16" was "+/-" column which is the farthest right. I was looking at the "won or lost" column--which also has a "+" or "-" in it--which is the eighth from the left. I apologize for not catching that sooner.

I like your stat better...!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

Maybe AD will let Boogie eat into his cap space next summer ala KD/Kyrie and DeAndre
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I like your stat better...!

These are awesome stats and this is what I like about Cousins. A lot of people are looking at his ability to score..but whether he can or not, this guy can contribute in multiple ways.

His last few years he averaged 4-5 assists per game, 11-12 rebounds (last year these stats were down mainly due to less minutes played), and around 35% percent from 3.

Because of his great ball handling abilities, he can bring the ball upcourt and can spread the floor if you need him to and bring the other team's big man out of the paint (this should pay dividends for AD & Lebron). And his injury shouldn't effect his ball handling and 3 point shoot.

Thus, when he is on the court, it makes the team better. Yes his defense isn't known to be super, but he still averages about 1.5 blocks per game.

Last edited by lar9149 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
I think it's always been a challenge for coaches to figure out how to integrate Cousins' immense talent into a modern offense. Now it's Vogel's turn. Or rather, Vogel's and Lebron's.

The Lakers may benefit from Cousins' journey the past 2 seasons - from being a #1 option, to being traded and becoming a 2nd option (or a 1A option), to a severe injury, to a winning culture where was also not a top option (or at least not an effective top option). He may have matured and learned. But then again, he will be playing for a big contract. I think it's a good risk, but a risk nonetheless.

Hasn't Vogel essentially said we're mimicking the offense of the Bucks with LBJ in the Giannis role? Here's the problem: both AD and Cousins averaged 7 post-ups a game last season. By contrast, the highest post-up Buck was Giannis at 4.6. If what Vogel is saying is true, someone's opportunities there is going to be severely shaved down. It's hard to imagine that player is not Boogie.

Did Vogel say that? I probably missed it. And yes, you are likely right that his post opportunities will be reduced if that's the case. But he has been a 35%+ 3PT shooter in the past. If he gets back to that rate, it may not matter that he has reduced post touches.

Vogel did say that in the Mannix interview, but he also said they're probably going to average the most post ups in the league as well because of their personnel. So there's that.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Maybe AD will let Boogie eat into his cap space next summer ala KD/Kyrie and DeAndre

The Lakers are set up so we won't have cap space until 2021, so we won't be able to offer Cousins anything more than the exception next year no matter what AD does.

We just have to accept the irony that we want Cousins to do well, but if he does so well that he gets some big offers, he'll likely go somewhere else.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Boogie playing with shirt off with Dray, Bledsoe, and Jwall in the Bahamas. He’s hooping in slides.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B06J2H9leKF/?igshid=w3bl8o1nt6y5
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Boogie playing with shirt off with Dray, Bledsoe, and Jwall in the Bahamas. He’s hooping in slides.

Lol he looks in shape and his shot looks good, but damn protect them achilles, Boogie.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:

Cousins looks like a NFL player, he looks like he is in fantastic shape.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

Lol he looks in shape and his shot looks good, but damn protect them achilles, Boogie.

I can't wait until the season starts.

--Anonymous
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:

Don't play in sandals coming back from injury.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

I'd say even if you don't come back from injury...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:

Vogel did say that in the Mannix interview, but he also said they're probably going to average the most post ups in the league as well because of their personnel. So there's that.

And that is a total disregarding of analytics.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

If boogie balls out and the Lakers refuse to go into luxury tax to resign him, then the buss kids will officially be billy bean and the A's. Letting go of talent because too cheap to keep them.

Fans will be furious.

activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:

The Lakers are set up so we won't have cap space until 2021, so we won't be able to offer Cousins anything more than the exception next year no matter what AD does.

We just have to accept the irony that we want Cousins to do well, but if he does so well that he gets some big offers, he'll likely go somewhere else.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

I could imagine boogie getting a text from Pelinka...
"saw the video of you playing in the Bahamas, put some shoes on!"

LakersRGolden wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

Well he was barely "playing" more like "shooting" and sandels are fine since he has zero "lift"...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:

But Boogie shining in a 3rd-option role could help us attract a similarly profiled player (someone coming off injury or who thinks they're worth way more than they're getting offered on the market) taking a one-year deal with us.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

The good part is next year none of the contenders will have any cap space.
So it will be hard for them to sign Demarcus.
The most the non Bird Lakers can do is 20% increase to 4.2M. This doesn't seem fair as he would have played for the Lakers for a year.
But the following year with his Bird rights it can go higher.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
If boogie balls out and the Lakers refuse to go into luxury tax to resign him, then the buss kids will officially be billy bean and the A's. Letting go of talent because too cheap to keep them.

Fans will be furious.

The problem has nothing to do with the luxury tax. Next year, we won't have any cap space and we won't have his Bird rights, so there is a limit on how much we will be able to offer him.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
The good part is next year none of the contenders will have any cap space.

Possibly. However teams could make moves to open up cap space. And of course there is a possibility that Cousins will be tired of small salaries and go to a lesser team for a big paycheck.

Of course, this all assumes he plays well enough to interest teams more than he has the past couple of years.

laker50 wrote:
But the following year with his Bird rights it can go higher.

A player has to be on a team for three years for them to get his Bird rights.

After two years, a team has early Bird rights, which allow teams to pay players either 175 percent of his previous salary or 104.5 percent of the average league salary. The league average is generally about the equivalent of the mid-level exception.

Last edited by activeverb on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 34 of 69
Jump to: