OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 547, 548, 549 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Brandon Ingram would have killed it. Kuzma has to show something that makes us believe he's next level legit or potential.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/brandon_ingram_vs_kyle_kuzma.htm

Statistically speaking it's a wash between both BI and Kuz and we don't need any convincing who's the man when it comes to durability, 3 pt or FT shooting percentages.

I watch the games. It's not a wash. BI is a better defender, better dribbler, creater off the dribble, passer, BI was more efficient after the all star game and shown that he had a stronger mentality than Kuzma when trade talks happen, Kuzma disappeared and BI got better.

So that wasn’t Kyle Kuzma showing up in Boston out playing Tatum? My bad him and Ingram must look alike. So that wasn’t Ingram
That was of 14 on shots my bad

Give me other examples and let's give an overall outlook on each's stats, videos after their name was in trade rumors.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Brandon Ingram would have killed it. Kuzma has to show something that makes us believe he's next level legit or potential.

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/brandon_ingram_vs_kyle_kuzma.htm

Statistically speaking it's a wash between both BI and Kuz and we don't need any convincing who's the man when it comes to durability, 3 pt or FT shooting percentages.

I watch the games. It's not a wash. BI is a better defender, better dribbler, creater off the dribble, passer, BI was more efficient after the all star game and shown that he had a stronger mentality than Kuzma when trade talks happen, Kuzma disappeared and BI got better.

So that wasn’t Kyle Kuzma showing up in Boston out playing Tatum? My bad him and Ingram must look alike. So that wasn’t Ingram
That was of 14 on shots my bad

That is pretty funny, the hate for Kuzma sometimes is kinda kray-kray. Ingram is a good player, and if he can get healthy and can ever learn to shoot farther than he can pee, he will be a very good player, maybe an occasional all-star.

Kuzma, may not get to the heights that Ingram will eventually reach, if Brandon can stay healthy, and that is a semi-big IF. Kuzma for his draft position has far exceeded expectations. He is the better fit with our team, is cheaper, and is a better PR guy for the team than the other youngsters we have had the last 4-5 years.

Kuzma having a good year next year, means that the Lakers could have a very good team next year. You don't have to buy a Kuzma jersey, but lets at least acknowledge when he plays well, that he does pretty darn good for a two year player, making about $1.9 million this next year. Not a lot of 2 year experienced players out there making the same money, that are that much better than Kuzma. Now, when he gets his next contract and gets paid $10 million a year plus, then I'll be a little more critical of his game; I expect far more out of players with big salaries, as opposed to players making at or near NBA minimum.

But today, Kuzma is a Whole Foods entrée, you got at the Grocery Outlet Bargain Market. 18 ppg last year for what, $1.5 million? One of the best deals in the NBA last year.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

Kuzma having a good year next year, means that the Lakers could have a very good team next year. You don't have to buy a Kuzma jersey, but lets at least acknowledge when he plays well, that he does pretty darn good for a two year player, making about $1.9 million this next year. Not a lot of 2 year experienced players out there making the same money, that are that much better than Kuzma. Now, when he gets his next contract and gets paid $10 million a year plus, then I'll be a little more critical of his game; I expect far more out of players with big salaries, as opposed to players making at or near NBA minimum.

Kuzma has done very well for a second round pick. However, a lot of that is from having a lot of opportunity, and being able to take a lot of shots, on bad teams.

I do tend to roll my eyes when I hear Kuzma say, "I can be the third star," because I am wondering if he'll ever be anything more than an average NBA tweener.

I hope his downfall isn't ego.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Kuzma has done very well for a second round pick. However, a lot of that is from having a lot of opportunity, and being able to take a lot of shots, on bad teams.

I do tend to roll my eyes when I hear Kuzma say, "I can be the third star," because I am wondering if he'll ever be anything more than an average NBA tweener.

That ego could definitely be a hindrance.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Just another casualty of the Magic Johnson era. Putting the idea into Kuzma's head (and our remaining FO's heads, and yeesh, not to mention the fans' heads) that he was a future superstar.

I'm expecting something between his 1st and 2nd season production wise. He will never be what he's been hyped to be, and thus he'll likely always be a frustrating player. This team really has no business developing its own talent. They shoot their hype far beyond the player's actual trajectory and basically make it impossible for them to succeed as what they are.

And i hate his hair.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

You guys are tough to please lol.. I guess when you're working with a legacy of West, Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Shaq, and Wilt it makes sense.

I don't see anything wrong with Kuz believing he's better than he actually is, so long as his work ethic matches the ego.. based on what we've all heard that is the case.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I'm expecting something between his 1st and 2nd season production wise. He will never be what he's been hyped to be, and thus he'll likely always be a frustrating player. This team really has no business developing its own talent. They shoot th

I am not writing him off like you are.

I do think this will be a big season for him and he'll need to rise to some challenges and perhaps some frustration that his place in the pecking order is lower.

I hope Kuz doesn't turn into another Clarkson -- an older rookie who comes out of the gate fast but never progresses much.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Just another casualty of the Magic Johnson era. Putting the idea into Kuzma's head (and our remaining FO's heads, and yeesh, not to mention the fans' heads) that he was a future superstar.

I'm expecting something between his 1st and 2nd season production wise. He will never be what he's been hyped to be, and thus he'll likely always be a frustrating player. This team really has no business developing its own talent. They shoot their hype far beyond the player's actual trajectory and basically make it impossible for them to succeed as what they are.

And i hate his hair.

Activeverb seems to be suffering from the Mandela Effect. Kuzma was never a 2nd round pick. 😆
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

19ppg and 5rebs 2 ast is damn good for a second year player making close to the minimum. Y’all complaining about nothing.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

Kuzma will be fine and have a solid season.

The problem with LG is that many of the posters have a mindset of a guy is either a HOF candidate or a complete bust. Kuzma has holes in his game - as do most players - but he can be very successful on our team this year.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

There is zero doubt that BI is the better prospect over Kuz, and I'll always enjoy watching BI over ((REMOVED - JMK)) Kuz however for our current team and situation Kuzma is the better fit. You know Kuz wants that big contract and the key to that is to be on Lebron and Klutch's good side, knowing Kuz he'll do anything not to ruffle any feathers on that front and just play the good soldier
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
There is zero doubt that BI is the better prospect over Kuz, and I'll always enjoy watching BI over ((REMOVED - JMK)) Kuz however for our current team and situation Kuzma is the better fit. You know Kuz wants that big contract and the key to that is to be on Lebron and Klutch's good side, knowing Kuz he'll do anything not to ruffle any feathers on that front and just play the good soldier

You lost all credibility after the bolded part.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

To be fair, Kuz had the better impact/advanced stats last year. BI had some of the worst advanced stats last year, even on Wiggins level. BI plays old school similar to Demar Derozan and the impact stats really dislike this play style. It also doesn't fit next to Lebron.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

Kuz showed to be the best player that compliment Lebron's game. He does not need the ball in his hand to be effective. He moves without the ball very well and can catch and shoot because of his quick release.

He made strides even after having a sophomore slump on his 3pts shooting, by improving his scoring, FG%, FT% and Ast and he still have not reached his prime yet. If he would have shot the same 3pts% as his rookie season he would have avg 20 pts/gm.

Defensively both Ball and Bi looks superior to Kuz, but both need the ball in there hand to be effective, both cant seems to shoot Ft which to me is a big warning sign of how good a shooter they will become.

Getting to Keep Kuz should had made the Laker's fan happy, but seems like not all are.

Last edited by DLaker on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
To be fair, Kuz had the better impact/advanced stats last year. BI had some of the worst advanced stats last year, even on Wiggins level. BI plays old school similar to Demar Derozan and the impact stats really dislike this play style. It also doesn't fit next to Lebron.

Correct.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:

I still liked BI's ceiling over Kuz's. And he's 2 years younger. I expect an all-star season from BI while i wouldn't be surprised if Kuz's rookie year ends up being his best year. Much like Clarkson, I think feelings on Kuz will change when he's no longer playing on a cheap contract.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

I still liked BI's ceiling over Kuz's. And he's 2 years younger. I expect an all-star season from BI while i wouldn't be surprised if Kuz's rookie year ends up being his best year. Much like Clarkson, I think feelings on Kuz will change when he's no longer playing on a cheap contract.

I also liked BI, but my main concern about him is that he did not gain any weight since entering the NBA he came in 196 lb and last year he is 190 lb he is a multi-skilled stick.

Compare to Giannis transformation through the years:

https://fastbreakdaily.com/2018/07/30/giannis-antetokounmpos-transformation-is-amazing/

As far as Kuz you are already wrong, his second year is better than his first already only problem was he shot poorly on the 3pts. He would have been a 20 pts scorer last year if he just replicated his rookie 3pt%.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Kuz showed to be the best player that compliment Lebron's game. He does not need the ball in his hand to be effective. He moves without the ball very well and can catch and shoot because of his quick release.

He made strides even after having a sophomore slump on his 3pts shooting, by improving his scoring, FG%, FT% and Ast and he still have not reached his prime yet. If he would have shot the same 3pts% as his rookie season he would have avg 20 pts/gm.

Defensively both Ball and Bi looks superior to Kuz, but both need the ball in there hand to be effective, both cant seems to shoot Ft which to me is a big warning sign of how good a shooter they will become.

Getting to Keep Kuz should had made the Laker's fan happy, but seems like not all are.

I am fine that we kept Kuzma but for this team Hart would have made more sense.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DLaker wrote:

I am fine that we kept Kuzma but for this team Hart would have made more sense.

Really. Hart?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Because of defense and position. We lack good defending guards who can run an offense. We have plenty of bigs who can’t defend.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Because of defense and position. We lack good defending guards who can run an offense. We have plenty of bigs who can’t defend.

Wish we still have hart cause he plays with a lot of heart the grit, but if I have an option between Kuz or Hart, I will keep Kuz. Caruso plays the same def as Hart and can play make better. Think we are fine on guard def with Green, Caruso and Bradley, plus its easier to find def guard in the D league ie Nwaba & Jamario.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Yep LG turned on clarkson once he got a decent contract and people noticed he wasnt a black hole. Got faith in kuz hes saying the right things, kissing the right butts so hes serious about being a laker
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

And i hate his hair.

I appreciate you saying what we’re all thinking man. That hair is on the blonde Ray Allen level.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

There, we finally get to the core issue: Kuzma's blonde hair looks like Ben Stiller in Dodgeball.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Kuz's D took a step forward last year and with more vets around him maybe he'll be forced into better shot selection.

He could be set up for a step forward as a player even though his totals will go down without the green light 24/7.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 547, 548, 549 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 548 of 880
Jump to: