Those Who Honestly Arent Excited to Watch Lakers This Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
How can people not be excited to see Alex Caruso start on a playoff team next season?

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If the Warriors get Klay back, they are better than us. So are the Blazers, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, and Mavericks.

It really depends on which types of Bradley, Green, and Boogie arrive for the season. If we get Memphis-Bradley, (2018-19) Regular-Season Green, and 80% of 2017-18 Boogie, then the Lakers are better than the above teams. On the other hand, if we get a Clippers-Bradley, a (2018-19) Playoff-Green and an injured Boogie, you are probably right.

I am excited to see which show up.

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown
PinoyLBJFan
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I hope it's october now .... damn i can't wait any longer to see LBJ and the lakers play against Kawhi and the clippers.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
h2omike wrote:
I have a feeling some of the LG fans are now Clipper fans.

Are they really Laker fans in the first place then?

Or front runner fans that follow the flavor of the month? I have no issue with someone packing away their Warriors gear for their new clippers gear. To each his own. Just be honest about it.

Others of us have a “team”. We scrutinize every move and game. We agonize over every stumble and relish every victory. We proclaim our fan affiliation proudly no matter the reality of the expectations for the season.

I can be excited about other teams or matchups but there can only be one team that I follow religiously. The Lakers.

Enjoy the season. Going to be a good one!

Honestly... It's pretty simple and clear.

There are a lot of Lakers fans who hate how the organization has sold their soul to LeBron and Klutch. We lost our team. This is bigger than winning or losing.

I understand your point. I have not been thrilled with some of the paths chosen either. Whether it be the emphasis on "2 max" at any cost, FO dysfunction or the signing of certain players.

As for the "lost your team" rhetoric. James is a brief, although turbulant, chapter in the Laker history books. In a couple years the Lakers will (hopefully) be building a new roster around Davis and continuing the story.

In the end I will root for the name on the front of the jersey even if disappointed about some of the names on the back of those same jerseys. Always have, always will.

To each his own.

Good points. I share the same perspective. I'll never stop being a fan. I am too deep into Lakerdom for that to happen. But, that also means I am deep enough to be confident that there are no shortcuts to glory. LeBron is not going to get us a Championship. He's a quitter and here for the wrong reasons. Simply, his heart isn't with the Lakers, it's with his personal glory.

If the Warriors get Klay back, they are better than us. So are the Blazers, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, and Mavericks.

It's just a different perspective. There really isn't much to be excited about.

Wow. Even the Mavericks are going to be better than the Lakers? Please lay out your arguments.

Last edited by Judah on Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Or front runner fans that follow the flavor of the month? I have no issue with someone packing away their Warriors gear for their new clippers gear. To each his own. Just be honest about it.

Others of us have a “team”. We scrutinize every move and game. We agonize over every stumble and relish every victory. We proclaim our fan affiliation proudly no matter the reality of the expectations for the season.

I can be excited about other teams or matchups but there can only be one team that I follow religiously. The Lakers.

There are a lot of Lakers fans who hate how the organization has sold their soul to LeBron and Klutch. We lost our team. This is bigger than winning or losing.

I understand your point. I have not been thrilled with some of the paths chosen either. Whether it be the emphasis on "2 max" at any cost, FO dysfunction or the signing of certain players.

As for the "lost your team" rhetoric. James is a brief, although turbulant, chapter in the Laker history books. In a couple years the Lakers will (hopefully) be building a new roster around Davis and continuing the story.

In the end I will root for the name on the front of the jersey even if disappointed about some of the names on the back of those same jerseys. Always have, always will.

To each his own.

Good points. I share the same perspective. I'll never stop being a fan. I am too deep into Lakerdom for that to happen. But, that also means I am deep enough to be confident that there are no shortcuts to glory. LeBron is not going to get us a Championship. He's a quitter and here for the wrong reasons. Simply, his heart isn't with the Lakers, it's with his personal glory.

Wow. The Mavericks are better than the Lakers? Ppesse lay out your arguments.

WTF? Um Mods isn’t this a ban worthy offense? lol
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Things I'm looking forward to next season (in no order):

The Lakers being back in the playoffs
Playoffs Lebron James
Lebron to AD PnR
AD in transition
Point-AD
Occasionally Point-Boogie
Danny Green doing Danny Green things on defense
The Lakers top-5 defense when AD, Green, and Caruso are on the court together
Kuzma when his shot falls
The occasional JaVale McGee hook shot
JaVale leading bench celebrations
Jared Dudley and Cousins annoying the hell out of opponents
Post-game interviews and all the podcasts Dudley and Green will be on
GT and Darius being giddy all the time on the LFR podcast
Actual perimeter shooting

Things I'm not looking forward to next season:

Most Lebron isos
Kuzma when his shot doesn't fall
Rondo
Having Rondo inexplicably get minutes over Caruso to start the season
Having dumdum fans and talking heads who still think it's 2010 praise Rondo while he's the worst rotation player on the team
Jason Kidd
Cousins' many, many technicals
Quinn Cook's defense
Watching the Lakers try to defend Kawhi and PG13
KCP in transition
Carmelo Anthony
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
h2omike wrote:

To each his own.

Tell that to Kevin Durant.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Playoffs Lebron James
Lebron to AD PnR
AD in transition
Point-AD

Most Lebron isos
Rondo
Having dumdum fans and talking heads who still think it's 2010 praise Rondo while he's the worst rotation player on the team
Jason Kidd
Quinn Cook's defense
KCP in transition
Carmelo Anthony

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Honestly, it's simpler than that. You have been ripping into Lebron for years. You have called yourself "chief of the LeChoke haters." This all began long before he was a Laker.

Simple and clear, you would rather see Lebron lose than the Lakers win, so you are hoping for the team's failure.

That's cool. The NBA is just entertainment, and if you get your entertainment from disliking Lebron and rooting against him and whatever team he is on at the moment (even if that team is the Lakers), that's your business. And you aren't alone.

But this grandiose puff about "this is bigger than winning or losing" doesn't fool anyone. This is about you disliking Lebron with every fiber of your being.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Playoffs Lebron James
Lebron to AD PnR
AD in transition
Point-AD

Most Lebron isos
Rondo
Jason Kidd
Quinn Cook's defense
KCP in transition
Carmelo Anthony

I like Rondo and my mama say I'm no dumdum and mama didn't raise no foo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlNZL-TPbY
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: