Those Who Honestly Arent Excited to Watch Lakers This Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
How can people not be excited to see Alex Caruso start on a playoff team next season?

--Anonymous
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

If the Warriors get Klay back, they are better than us. So are the Blazers, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, and Mavericks.

It really depends on which types of Bradley, Green, and Boogie arrive for the season. If we get Memphis-Bradley, (2018-19) Regular-Season Green, and 80% of 2017-18 Boogie, then the Lakers are better than the above teams. On the other hand, if we get a Clippers-Bradley, a (2018-19) Playoff-Green and an injured Boogie, you are probably right.

I am excited to see which show up.

--Anonymous
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I hope it's october now .... damn i can't wait any longer to see LBJ and the lakers play against Kawhi and the clippers.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
h2omike wrote:
I have a feeling some of the LG fans are now Clipper fans.

Are they really Laker fans in the first place then?

Or front runner fans that follow the flavor of the month? I have no issue with someone packing away their Warriors gear for their new clippers gear. To each his own. Just be honest about it.

Others of us have a “team”. We scrutinize every move and game. We agonize over every stumble and relish every victory. We proclaim our fan affiliation proudly no matter the reality of the expectations for the season.

I can be excited about other teams or matchups but there can only be one team that I follow religiously. The Lakers.

Enjoy the season. Going to be a good one!

Honestly... It's pretty simple and clear.

There are a lot of Lakers fans who hate how the organization has sold their soul to LeBron and Klutch. We lost our team. This is bigger than winning or losing.

I understand your point. I have not been thrilled with some of the paths chosen either. Whether it be the emphasis on "2 max" at any cost, FO dysfunction or the signing of certain players.

As for the "lost your team" rhetoric. James is a brief, although turbulant, chapter in the Laker history books. In a couple years the Lakers will (hopefully) be building a new roster around Davis and continuing the story.

In the end I will root for the name on the front of the jersey even if disappointed about some of the names on the back of those same jerseys. Always have, always will.

To each his own.

Good points. I share the same perspective. I'll never stop being a fan. I am too deep into Lakerdom for that to happen. But, that also means I am deep enough to be confident that there are no shortcuts to glory. LeBron is not going to get us a Championship. He's a quitter and here for the wrong reasons. Simply, his heart isn't with the Lakers, it's with his personal glory.

If the Warriors get Klay back, they are better than us. So are the Blazers, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, and Mavericks.

It's just a different perspective. There really isn't much to be excited about.

Wow. Even the Mavericks are going to be better than the Lakers? Please lay out your arguments.

Last edited by Judah on Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Or front runner fans that follow the flavor of the month? I have no issue with someone packing away their Warriors gear for their new clippers gear. To each his own. Just be honest about it.

Others of us have a “team”. We scrutinize every move and game. We agonize over every stumble and relish every victory. We proclaim our fan affiliation proudly no matter the reality of the expectations for the season.

I can be excited about other teams or matchups but there can only be one team that I follow religiously. The Lakers.

There are a lot of Lakers fans who hate how the organization has sold their soul to LeBron and Klutch. We lost our team. This is bigger than winning or losing.

I understand your point. I have not been thrilled with some of the paths chosen either. Whether it be the emphasis on "2 max" at any cost, FO dysfunction or the signing of certain players.

As for the "lost your team" rhetoric. James is a brief, although turbulant, chapter in the Laker history books. In a couple years the Lakers will (hopefully) be building a new roster around Davis and continuing the story.

In the end I will root for the name on the front of the jersey even if disappointed about some of the names on the back of those same jerseys. Always have, always will.

To each his own.

Good points. I share the same perspective. I'll never stop being a fan. I am too deep into Lakerdom for that to happen. But, that also means I am deep enough to be confident that there are no shortcuts to glory. LeBron is not going to get us a Championship. He's a quitter and here for the wrong reasons. Simply, his heart isn't with the Lakers, it's with his personal glory.

Wow. The Mavericks are better than the Lakers? Ppesse lay out your arguments.

WTF? Um Mods isn’t this a ban worthy offense? lol
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Things I'm looking forward to next season (in no order):

The Lakers being back in the playoffs
Playoffs Lebron James
Lebron to AD PnR
AD in transition
Point-AD
Occasionally Point-Boogie
Danny Green doing Danny Green things on defense
The Lakers top-5 defense when AD, Green, and Caruso are on the court together
Kuzma when his shot falls
The occasional JaVale McGee hook shot
JaVale leading bench celebrations
Jared Dudley and Cousins annoying the hell out of opponents
Post-game interviews and all the podcasts Dudley and Green will be on
GT and Darius being giddy all the time on the LFR podcast
Actual perimeter shooting

Things I'm not looking forward to next season:

Most Lebron isos
Kuzma when his shot doesn't fall
Rondo
Having Rondo inexplicably get minutes over Caruso to start the season
Having dumdum fans and talking heads who still think it's 2010 praise Rondo while he's the worst rotation player on the team
Jason Kidd
Cousins' many, many technicals
Quinn Cook's defense
Watching the Lakers try to defend Kawhi and PG13
KCP in transition
Carmelo Anthony
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
h2omike wrote:

To each his own.

Tell that to Kevin Durant.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Playoffs Lebron James
Lebron to AD PnR
AD in transition
Point-AD

Most Lebron isos
Rondo
Having dumdum fans and talking heads who still think it's 2010 praise Rondo while he's the worst rotation player on the team
Jason Kidd
Quinn Cook's defense
KCP in transition
Carmelo Anthony

--Anonymous
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Honestly, it's simpler than that. You have been ripping into Lebron for years. You have called yourself "chief of the LeChoke haters." This all began long before he was a Laker.

Simple and clear, you would rather see Lebron lose than the Lakers win, so you are hoping for the team's failure.

That's cool. The NBA is just entertainment, and if you get your entertainment from disliking Lebron and rooting against him and whatever team he is on at the moment (even if that team is the Lakers), that's your business. And you aren't alone.

But this grandiose puff about "this is bigger than winning or losing" doesn't fool anyone. This is about you disliking Lebron with every fiber of your being.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Playoffs Lebron James
Lebron to AD PnR
AD in transition
Point-AD

Most Lebron isos
Rondo
Jason Kidd
Quinn Cook's defense
KCP in transition
Carmelo Anthony

I like Rondo and my mama say I'm no dumdum and mama didn't raise no foo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlNZL-TPbY
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Some asked why the forum didn't seem as alive given media day and official start of the training camp...
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Some asked why the forum didn't seem as alive given media day and official start of the training camp...

I'm a fan from before many here were born. I was ok with trading 2 guys and 2 picks for the league's best player, Kareem. Their bad team had the best record within about 3 years.

Someone mentioned selling the team's soul to Lebron and I agree completely. When he's gone and or fading after a couple of years, I forsee a trainwreck. No meaningful draft picks, no reason to believe that the team will ever patiently develop what they do get in the next 7 or more years. How long will Davis stick around at that point?

I've always excitedly anticipated player development/improvement each year. This year the only real drama for me is Kuzma. I don't root against Lebron as Activerb suggested people do, but he'll never be my favorite player. In the past 10 years or so, I've paid top $ to get courtside pre-season seats. Not this year.

As a young fan, I've patiently endured too many losing seasons in various sports. Recent tank years have destroyed my appetite for short term instant gratification which required gambling and mortgaging the future. Count me as one who isn't excited.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject:

I genuinely feel bad for anyone who isn't excited. The Lakers are going to wreck the league this year and contend for a championship, and there are "fans" who have already decided they aren't going to enjoy it. That's....sad.

Someone needs to check on MJST btw.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject:

I know we ALL (myself included) say some stupid crap, but this thread and many posts in it may take the cake. How can anyone not be excited about having the best coaching staff and lineup we have had in a long time.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Honestly, it's simpler than that. You have been ripping into Lebron for years. You have called yourself "chief of the LeChoke haters." This all began long before he was a Laker.

Simple and clear, you would rather see Lebron lose than the Lakers win, so you are hoping for the team's failure.

That's cool. The NBA is just entertainment, and if you get your entertainment from disliking Lebron and rooting against him and whatever team he is on at the moment (even if that team is the Lakers), that's your business. And you aren't alone.

But this grandiose puff about "this is bigger than winning or losing" doesn't fool anyone. This is about you disliking Lebron with every fiber of your being.

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject:

Lakers "sold their soul" to LeBron and Klutch, yet hired Frank Vogel as coach instead of Lue. If LeBron or Rich Paul had had a say in the matter, who (with a straight face) can say that Vogel was their guy, especially when they had the chance to get Lue?

I believe it takes an incredible amount of density (on multiple levels) to believe that theory.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I genuinely feel bad for anyone who isn't excited. The Lakers are going to wreck the league this year and contend for a championship, and there are "fans" who have already decided they aren't going to enjoy it. That's....sad.

Someone needs to check on MJST btw.

RI Laker wrote:
I know we ALL (myself included) say some stupid crap, but this thread and many posts in it may take the cake. How can anyone not be excited about having the best coaching staff and lineup we have had in a long time.

This!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Those Who Honestly Arent Excited to Watch Lakers This Season

BlackStarMamba wrote:
...come here

last year i taped/watched/game thread almost every game

Name on the Jersey is the same, but everyone is uninteresting except Kuz, Caruso, Kostas

No "exciting" players to watch, except old Lebron
AD is boring to me, and apparently to a lot of people. He was not even top 15 in jersey sales last year (and don't say its because of NO, because Russ, Dame, PG, Giannis were all in top 15

not really interested watching Dudley, KCP, Rondo, Green, Avery Bradley, Cousins go to work

i heard Kobe is making a comeback, now are you interested?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Excitement isn't a decision, it's an emotion. Imagine a beautiful, curvacious woman walks past you and then suddenly you can't seem to take your eyes off her. You didn't decide to be excited, it just happened. What moves one man doesn't always motivate another. The same thing with this team. I didn't "decide" to be excited or not. I either am or I'm not, based on what I enjoy watching, seeing, and anticipating. It's not up to someone to tell me or anyone else what to be excited about.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Lakers "sold their soul" to LeBron and Klutch, yet hired Frank Vogel as coach instead of Lue. If LeBron or Rich Paul had had a say in the matter, who (with a straight face) can say that Vogel was their guy, especially when they had the chance to get Lue?

I believe it takes an incredible amount of density (on multiple levels) to believe that theory.

It doesn't help that you forgot to address the point I made about having limited draft (or control of) picks the next 7 years until Lebron is about 43. People assume we'll just rebuild in free agency every year, but Gary Payton's and Karl Malone's aren't always sitting around ready to take a pay cut. There were plenty of years when high quality free agents bypassed the Lakers in the 16 years since that happened even though the team made it known they were interested. If quality players don't come falling like manna from heaven as Lebron's new profession becomes businessman/tv personality, how is the team going to retool then? Apparently I and many others are dense and wrong for caring about the future.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Judah wrote:

It doesn't help that you forgot to address the point I made about having limited draft (or control of) picks the next 7 years until Lebron is about 43. People assume we'll just rebuild in free agency every year, but Gary Payton's and Karl Malone's aren't always sitting around ready to take a pay cut. There were plenty of years when high quality free agents bypassed the Lakers in the 16 years since that happened even though the team made it known they were interested. If quality players don't come falling like manna from heaven as Lebron's new profession becomes businessman/tv personality, how is the team going to retool then? Apparently I and many others are dense and wrong for caring about the future.

Then Klutch better deliver us these players and not on premium price like KCP neither
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

Another point that I haven't seen addressed is how we got where we are. We gave away:
Randle,
Thomas Bryant,
Svi,
and Zubac, for virtually nothing. If not, we could have kept a player or 2 in the trade, or possibly most of the picks we gave away.

It's as if we have a nice car in the driveway, but it comes with a $5000 monthly payment. Lakers mgmt doesn't want you to notice that but it matters, just like the valuable assets they treated like trash. The future matters. We aren't going to keep signing Lebron's and AD's every time we need new players. They're not always available, and won't always choose the Lakers when they are.

What they have established is unsustainable in the long term.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
This is a lockable thread...absolute garbage that I's sorry I read and participated in.

Would you say you're as excited as Jessie Spano on caffeine? What level are you from 1-10? I'm probably a 6ish. Cautious. AD is great to have, but he might need to get excited himself about playing C.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Judah wrote:

Excitement isn't a decision, it's an emotion. Imagine a beautiful, curvacious woman walks past you and then suddenly you can't seem to take your eyes off her. You didn't decide to be excited, it just happened. What moves one man doesn't always motivate another. The same thing with this team. I didn't "decide" to be excited or not. I either am or I'm not, based on what I enjoy watching, seeing, and anticipating. It's not up to someone to tell me or anyone else what to be excited about.

I didn't tell anyone to feel excited. I said that I genuinely feel bad for anyone who isn't. And I don't agree with you that excitement is purely an emotion (your illustration was pretty awful btw). I wanted the Lakers to draft Okafor back in 2015. I was pretty upset when they chose Russell instead. But you know what? I decided to get the heck over it and embrace Russell as a Laker. Took a few weeks, but I did it. I thought about the positives of having him and grew to be genuinely excited (yes, genuinely 😊).

I wanted Pauletta George to come to the Lakers when free agency hit last year. And I was genuinely shocked (yes, genuinely) when he chose to stay in OKC instead. But then LeBron came and I was way more excited about the prospect of watching him and the kids play together.

I was big believer in Luke as a coach (and still am) and was disappointed when he and the Lakers parted ways. Then I was doubly disappointed when they hired Frank freaking Vogel instead of Ty Lue. But you know what? I got over it and embraced Vogel. Eventually I found reasons to believe that he could be the right guy for the job. And now I'm fully on the Vogel train.

And last but not least, as excited as I was/am about AD coming here, you don't think I was also extremely down about losing the kids? Of course I was. And I was extremely livid over how they treated Randle. But I also recognize that those sacrifices have already been made and there's no going back. It's over with. On the positive side, we have a true superstar in AD and our next star to build around once LeBron retires (or returns to CLE for his last year). The young core may be a thing of the past, but again, on a positive note, this team is stocked with quality veterans and they have a real chance of winning the championship. I'm not so stuck on HOW we got to the top of the mountain again that I'm unable to appreciate the fact that we're back on top of it. So yes, I think it's very much a choice for the most part.

Winning is what matters the most to me. And if that's what matters the most to you, I don't understand how you could be anything but excited that the Lakers have a genuine chance (yes, genuine) to pass Boston in the next few years. Sounds like you grew more attached to the kids than actually winning.

Last edited by Judah on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Judah wrote:

I didn't tell anyone to feel excited. I said that I genuinely feel bad for anyone who isn't. And I don't agree with you that excitement is purely an emotion (your illustration was pretty awful btw). I wanted the Lakers to draft Okafor back in 2015. I was pretty upset when they chose Russell instead. But you know what? I decided to get the heck over it and embrace Russell as a Laker. Took a few weeks, but I did it. I thought about the positives of having him grew to be genuinely excited (yes, genuinely 😊).

I wanted Pauletta George to come to the Lakers when free agency hit last year. And I was genuinely shocked (yes, genuinely) when he chose to stay in OKC instead. But then LeBron came and I was way more excited about the prospect of watching him and the kids play together.

I was big believer in Luke as a coach (and still am) and was disappointed when he and the Lakers parted ways. Then I was doubly disappointed when they hired Frank freaking Vogel instead of Ty Lue. But you know what? I got over it and embraced Vogel. Eventually I found reasons to believe that he could be the right guy for the job. And now I'm fully on the Vogel train.

And last but not least, as excited as I was/am about AD coming here, you don't think I was also extremely down about losing the kids? Of course I was. And I was extremely livid over how they treated Randle. But I also recognize that those sacrifices have already been made and there's no going back. It's over with. On the positive side, we have a true superstar in AD and our next star to build around once LeBron retires (or returns to CLE for his last year). The young core may be a thing of the past, but again, on a positive note, this team is stocked with quality veterans and they have a real chance of winning the championship. I'm not so stuck on HOW we got to the top of the mountain again that I'm unable to appreciate the fact that we're back on top of it. So yes, I think it's very much a choice for the most part.

Winning is what matters the most to me. And if that's what matters the most to you, I don't understand how you could be anything but excited. Sounds like you grew more attached to the kids than actually winning.

Was agreeing with your statement and sentiment right up until the final comment.

Don't agree that being less enthusiastic about the team and season prospects the others around here somehow eliminates any excitement for winning. Just less then the biggest cheerleaders.

I have been critical of the overall plan for awhile. Haven't been thrilled with too many moves as the path was taken at full speed by FO. And I am not as optimistic as some about the end results.

But I'm interested in the season. To see if they can pull it all together as a team and win. I'm in for the ride, just not as passionately enthusiastic as some. Doesn't make myself or any others less a fan.

I'm waiting for James and the Lakers to "Be about it".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: