OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 549, 550, 551 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think out of Kuz/Lonzo/BI,

1. Lonzo will have the most all star appearances and be a cog to a playoff team.

2. BI has the chance to make a few all star appearances, but that's not a guarantee for me.

3. Kuz, I doubt he will make an all star game, but he will fit in well as an off ball cutter on this team. The real test will come when he is eligible for an extension. Right now he's making under 2m so of course he's found money. But if he wants 18-20m/year, things and perceptions about him can change real quickly.

I think it's impossible to predict if and how many all-star teams any of these guys will make. At this point, none of them is on a track where you pencil them in as all stars.

After this season, we have an option for Kuz for $3.5 million which we will no doubt exercise. The following year he'll be a restricted free agent.

How he performs over the next two years will depend what he gets. Unless he flames out, I suspect he'll generate interest in the market. If he were a free agent today, I suspect some team would offer him a four-year deal starting at $15 million.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I 1. Lonzo will have the most all star appearances and be a cog to a playoff team.

Have to see him stay healthy and see what happens with his shot. Right now, I can't imagine him making an allstar team anytime soon. Tough to get better during the offseason when you're never healthy during the offseason.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

[quote="activeverb"]
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. Lonzo will have the most all star appearances and be a cog to a playoff team.

2. BI has the chance to make a few all star appearances, but that's not a guarantee for me.

3. Kuz, I doubt he will make an all star game, but he will fit in well as an off ball cutter on this team. The real test will come when he is eligible for an extension. Right now he's making under 2m so of course he's found money. But if he wants 18-20m/year, things and perceptions about him can change real quickly.[/

I think it's impossible to predict if and how many all-star teams any of these guys will make. At this point, none of them is on a track where you pencil them in as all stars.

After this season, we have an option for Kuz for $3.5 million which we will no doubt exercise. The following year he'll be a restricted free agent.

How he performs over the next two years will depend what he gets. Unless he flames out, I suspect he'll generate interest in the market. If he were a free agent today, I suspect some team would offer him a four-year deal starting at $15 million.

I think he is the first guy since DLO that after two years I would entertain paying over $10 million a year. I wouldn’t pay Ingram or Ball that much, based on what I have seen from them to date.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

[quote="h2omike"]
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

3. Kuz, I doubt he will make an all star game, but he will fit in well as an off ball cutter on this team. The real test will come when he is eligible for an extension. Right now he's making under 2m so of course he's found money. But if he wants 18-20m/year, things and perceptions about him can change real quickly.[/

I think he is the first guy since DLO that after two years I would entertain paying over $10 million a year. I wouldn’t pay Ingram or Ball that much, based on what I have seen from them to date.

Kuz can’t create for himself and he’s a negative on D. We saw how much he suffered without bron and Zo setting him up. Once he gets that big contract people will be more critical but for late teen pick and that contract it’s overlooked
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

[quote="h2omike"]
activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

$10 million a year isn't a staggering salary anymore. That's what guys like Taj Gibson and Jeremy Lamb get.

The midlevel exception, which generally tracks with the average NBA salary, is $9.258 million.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

I wanna see Lonzo in an all-star game where he airballed a layup but then AD was there to clean it up so it'd look like an alleyoop

I actually think Kuzma has the best "all-star" potential out of the three. We've made the perfect trade by keeping him.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

In other News team usa lost to G league scrubs
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Hope Kuzma will win 6th man of the year!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
In other News team usa lost to G league scrubs

Blame the Celtics.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Donovan Mitchell: Kuzma has taken his defense to another level

www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2019/8/14/20806303/lakers-news-donovan-mitchell-kyle-kuzma-usa-basketball-roster-defense-another-level
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2019/8/14/20806303/lakers-news-donovan-mitchell-kyle-kuzma-usa-basketball-roster-defense-another-level

Love hearing this. The kid took it upon himself to reach out to MWP to work defense with him. Now on Team USA he's going to learn from Pop and others. I expect Kuz to surprise a lot of the haters this year with his 2 way improvements.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

Deleted

Last edited by lakersboy on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Love hearing this. The kid took it upon himself to reach out to MWP to work defense with him. Now on Team USA he's going to learn from Pop and others. I expect Kuz to surprise a lot of the haters this year with his 2 way improvements.
The "he'll never do/be" widely accepted opinions that don't factor his referenced but unreported injury as a reason his production suddenly went south the 2nd half of the season, have made this thread unreadable. It amazes me how little so many, young and old, know about player development, including their physical growth. I'll be back during the season when he picks up where he left off and is dropping 20, 30, sometimes 40... or more.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is relative, a new level for Kuzma can mean from an absolute liability to absolutely horrible.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

now all the pressure is on Kuz. Lets see how he handles it
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

Hopefully he handles it better than him hearing himself in trade rumors.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma needs to start

Davis/Kuzma/Lebron/Green/Bradley

I'd go with that lineup
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Villain6Activated wrote:
Kuzma needs to start

Davis/Kuzma/Lebron/Green/Bradley

I'd go with that lineup

This is for sure my ideal closing lineup.

Assuming Kuz plays enough defense to stay on the court. If Bradley struggles, I’m going with Caruso who is the next best defender among the Guards and off the bench.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Our bench will be trash if we start Kuz
Sharoon Francis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Our bench will be trash if we start Kuz

It'll be alright.

Just let Quinn Cook score like he's Devin Booker or something, and let KCP go vintage Pistons on defense.

We didn't hire JKidd to run the bench for no reason.

No but seriously, our roster lost a big piece with Cousin's ACL injury, obviously, but lineups these days can still be pretty fluid with even a semi-stacked roster.

I believe we'll find a good center in the rough somewhere as the season progresses.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

McGee | | Boogie*
Davis | Kuzma | Dudley
LeBron | KCP
Green | Cook | Daniels
Bradley | Rondo | Caruso

+ Kostas, THT

We're looking at that right now and that bench D is trash. 3 terrible defenders and one guy who's good- at best.

We need Iggy to be bought out and we need a defensive center. I HATE the idea of Dwight. I think he's corny, phony, soft, and lacks perspective but he's the best C option available.

But Kuzma needs to become a big time contributor if we want to compete but also to have a competent bench.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Mike Trudell on Kuz:

Quote:
Mike Trudell: Donovan Mitchell on Kuz’s defense: “He’s a defensive player now. He can play defense. People kind of knock (his defense), I don’t know why … But he’s a guy who’s taking the charge, communicating … I think that shows a lot to his maturity and a lot about his work ethic.” – via Twitter LakersReporter

Quote:
Asked respected defender PJ Tucker about Kuz, who’s been focusing on his defense. Tucker said verbal communication is a big key, then added: “He’s so young and athletic, he has so much energy … he has a chance to be a really good defender, be a good 2-way player.” – via Twitter LakersReporter
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

Hopefully he handles it better than him hearing himself in trade rumors.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

*KUZMA & Team USA basketball vs. Spain:
Live stream FIBA World Cup tune-up game, TV channel, start time, watch online

"Team USA will get its first test against outside competition on Friday night"

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/team-usa-basketball-vs-spain-live-stream-fiba-world-cup-tune-up-game-tv-channel-start-time-watch-online/

*U.S. men’s basketball team hopes to find form Friday vs. Spain

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/08/15/u-s-mens-basketball-team-hopes-to-find-form-friday-vs-spain/
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't put too much weight on Mitchell's assessment of Kuzma's defense because Mitchell himself is one of the worst defenders in the league. Also, has Kuzma been playing against NBA players? I didn't know the season has already started.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 549, 550, 551 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 550 of 880
Jump to: