How far will we go 19-20 season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How far will we go 19-20 season?
NBA Champion
65%
 65%  [ 71 ]
NBA Finals
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Western Conference Finals
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
Western Conference Semi
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
1st Round Playoff
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Out of Playoff - Disaster Season (Lottery)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 108

LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Depends on which contender Andre Iguodala ends up, but I like the Lakers chances. They seem to really be on a mission this coming season.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Depends on which contender Andre Iguodala ends up, but I like the Lakers chances. They seem to really be on a mission this coming season.

Isn't every team "on a mission" this time of year?

Every team in the league is training hard, releasing tapes of them hitting 20 3pt shots in a row or have media hyping up their offseason additions and training regimens.

Then the season starts.

Not trying to be argumentative but the Lakers do not have any special edge on preparing for the season.

I do agree that Iguadala could make a difference. Just doubt he is becoming a Laker. He is most likely traded and the Lakers have nothing to trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

There is not 1 single player in the NBA who can stop AD, so the title chances are high as long as the team buys in.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Regarding Iggy:
I’m not willing to put the Lakers Championship chances on a 35 year old role player who averaged 5ppg last year!
We have enough right now, but I’d like another tough PF like Farid...

Last edited by unleasHell on Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Go big or go home.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Every team in the league is training hard, releasing tapes of them hitting 20 3pt shots in a row or have media hyping up their offseason additions and training regimens.

Then the season starts.

Not trying to be argumentative but the Lakers do not have any special edge on preparing for the season.

I do agree that Iguadala could make a difference. Just doubt he is becoming a Laker. He is most likely traded and the Lakers have nothing to trade.

Not every team has the same goal for an upcoming season. Teams like Memphis, New Orleans, OKC, Phoenix, etc. are looking to rebuild their rosters and accumulate enough assets for future years. Lakers more than any other year in the past several years are on a mission of title or bust. That's what I meant. They seem to be all in for this season to win it.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
LaxT wrote:
DLaker wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
With the exception of the KG Celtics teams where stars have joined forces haven’t won titles their first season. I don’t expect the Lakers or Clippers to win the title next season.

You're right of course, especially when the Lakers have not been in the playoffs for 6 years - to win the championship? really?

But alas, its the off season, when fans get to dream and every team is in first place...!

Dude we have the second best odd of any team according to Vegas and have the best 1-2 punch in the game. Fans of the Lakers aren't dreaming, we are one of the few favorites to win it all.

Dont act like we don't have a real shot

Guess you can’t prevent the half empty glass WORRIORS when the season have not even starter. Is championship a possibility with this team yes, we have a very good odd per Vegas. As fan we should be stoked, those 6 years where we didn’t make the playoff Vegas odds showed it that way.

Really? One year ago, nobody predicted the Lakers would miss the playoffs. Not the fans, "experts", or Vegas.

Exactly! How many "experts" predicted the Warriors would 6 less games the year after signing Durant (73 vs 67)...!!!

Since someone's beating their chest about last season's result being poorly forecast, I'll mention that I actually forecast-ed the Laker win total a year ago closer than anyone else at LG. I had no hope for a playoff win. It's a dubious recognition to own, yep, but it seemed an obvious a result to me last November when the club looks so poorly assembled on day one. Any club entirely reliant on one old, very high mileage guy to carry everyone else to a deep playoff charge is doomed. Was it really any surprise that the club failed ? No.

I again see the same pattern this year coming around but with results a click better but ultimately no great shakes. AD and Cousins have never produced good results in the off season. If LeBron breaks down again - and I think he's very much more likely to crash again this year than he was last - we'll be watching an early flame-out next Spring. The minutes just add up on guys who rely on mobility for success.

Just gonna personally hope that AD becomes something he never has been: capable of carrying a weak team often enough in big games to some playoff success. I think it's legitimately our best chance for a good end to the season. We'll see.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

Well, last time I checked the calendar it's August. No training camp yet, no media day, no preseason games, no real idea how this roster is going to come together.

If there's a good time to be way over the top on a poll like this, now is that time.

Obviously, we're winning the title this year.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. At least until the first preseason game.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

We're going so far even navigation won't be able to guide us back

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
There is not 1 single player in the NBA who can stop AD, so the title chances are high as long as the team buys in.

Maybe stopping AD isn't what opponents must do to prevail over his teams. A terrific second player sure, but it's a helluva jump to being The Man on a championship mission. Let's hope he has what he hasn't had in the past, and stays healthy long enough to demonstrate it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Maybe stopping AD isn't what opponents must do to prevail over his teams. A terrific second player sure, but it's a helluva jump to being The Man on a championship mission. Let's hope he has what he hasn't had in the past, and stays healthy long enough to demonstrate it.

In 12 playoff games he's scored 35 or more in 4 of those games, and then 33&34. So in half of his playoff games he's a dominant scorer. I'm not convinced he isn't about to hit a Lebron level playoff scoring stretch, and replacing Lebron-like playmaking for great defense. His prime just started.. clear to see his skills developing.. (the ballhandling wasn't even near consistent before last year).
There's a chance he's an all time great-ish talent. Dwade led the Heat to the chip in his 3rd year.. maybe AD's prime, next to a better player than Heat-Shaq, lets his greatness unfurl.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Usually, when someone says they are not trying to being argumentative and then uses the big font in their response, they are being argumentative.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Then the season starts.

Not every team has the same goal for an upcoming season. Teams like Memphis, New Orleans, OKC, Phoenix, etc. are looking to rebuild their rosters and accumulate enough assets for future years. Lakers more than any other year in the past several years are on a mission of title or bust. That's what I meant. They seem to be all in for this season to win it.

It's title or bust only because Brawn has 1+1 and AD has 1 and ?, but the roster they've got is better suited for "respectable playoff showing". That is unless Brawn and AD have monster, 75 game seasons and Danny Green lives up to billing. I wish Vogz the best, but he doesn't scream in it to win it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Then the season starts.

It's title or bust only because Brawn has 1+1 and AD has 1 and ?, but the roster they've got is better suited for "respectable playoff showing". That is unless Brawn and AD have monster, 75 game seasons and Danny Green lives up to billing. I wish Vogz the best, but he doesn't scream in it to win it.

I agree with you NPZ.

The one game changer imo will be if Kuzma turns out to be that legit 3rd option, similar to Kevin Love with cavs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

I'm hoping (assuming) 72-75 games played (regular season) for both LBJ and AD.

I can see us winning it all if we have a healthy team come playoffs, and a few necessary buyout/trades around the margin.

We have the infrastructure for a championship team for sure. Any team with AD/LBJ is starting off on that footing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: