Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
What about Spencer Hawes? He's a 7-footer who shoots a career 35% from 3s. I last saw him with the South Bay Lakers; he made some sweet passes.

A camp invite would be nice to see.

I was always a fan of Hawes and felt like his passing game was the most underutilized aspect of his game throughout his career. He always reminded me of Brad Miller.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

Cousins expected to be out for the year, correct? Do the Lakers get an injury exemption for the roster spot?

I would not be opposed to the Lakers adding two centers if need be. Any combination of two of the most discussed centers. Pick two of Noah, Johnson, Hawks, Gortat, Davis, Koufos, Spaights or Zeller. Depending on injuries and fit they could have a defensive and offensive option behind McGee.

As much as I hate the idea of adding Howard, having a 2nd backup center on the roster behind McGee makes it more palatable to dump Howard when he eventually needs to be waived for disruptive behavior.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

I like that you don't underestimate Dwight's stupidity.

Even if Rob tells him "man, this is literally your last chance to save your career. Coming back to the Lakers and helping us win a championship, let lebron make you the best you've been in years because that's what he does... Or sabatoge the chance with your undeserved ego and be blacklisted from getting another contract. What's it gonna be Dwight? "

There's still a good chance he chooses the latter scenario.

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Cousins expected to be out for the year, correct? Do the Lakers get an injury exemption for the roster spot?

I would not be opposed to the Lakers adding two centers if need be. Any combination of two of the most discussed centers. Pick two of Noah, Johnson, Hawks, Gortat, Davis, Koufos, Spaights or Zeller. Depending on injuries and fit they could have a defensive and offensive option behind McGee.

As much as I hate the idea of adding Howard, having a 2nd backup center on the roster behind McGee makes it more palatable to dump Howard when he eventually needs to be waived for disruptive behavior.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

But if you can’t even get a guy to do what is obviously best for the team then what’s the point of it all? I would have major reservations about throwing out guaranteed max dollars to players who care more about themselves than the franchise stuffing their pockets with cash.
Just disheartening as a fan.
LeBron really hurt this league overall with his “player empowerment” movement, in my opinion. Now everyone can be a diva and they’re aren’t ashamed of it at all.

"Player empowerment" was inevitable with or without Lebron.

Players have always tried to exercise as much power as they could. Decades ago, Kareem forced his way to the Lakers and Magic got a coach fired because he didn't like the style of play the coach liked. Steve Francis refused to report to the team that drafted him and forced that team to trade him.

The increase in salaries, endorsement money, and ability to control their own messaging through social media has simply given more power to players.

The league tried to induce players to stay with teams through changes to the CBA, but it didn't work.

Superstars realize they can go where want, move around as much as they want, and demand what they want. Teams agree because they know that getting one of the leagues top superstars can change the fortune of a team.

If you don't play ball, you don't get a superstar. It's that simple.

In reality, I think players have always cared about themselves more than the franchise. The difference today is that they no longer feel the need to hide that fact.

And I don't blame them. WHy shouldn't players be in it for themselves. Teams are in it for themselves. They'll trade a guy at the snap of a finger if they think it's to their benefit no matter what the guy has done for them. Just ask Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom.

Fair points, and well documented.
But things are WAY different now and that’s as much a part of LeBron’s legacy as all the assists and rebounds. Whether or not this type of player autonomy was inevitable, LeBron will always be known as the one who changed the landscape for the players. They won, no doubt.
I just feel everyone else lost, is all 🤷‍♂️

I agree. Lebron is the face of player empowerment. He showed a star could not just pick his team, he could create his team and win with it.

If that impresses you, so be it
JoeKool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
My predictions are usually wrong, but I just don't see AD bailing on us after one year. It would make him and rich paul look like real jerks with what we gave up to trade for him.

JoeKool wrote:
If AD leaves, then the last several years are a complete waste. Selling the farm for one guy would set us back another decade if he bolts.
...and AD doesnt want to play the 5.
So we do whatever it takes to have him play minimal minutes at the 5 so he resigns a max deal.
Therefore, we get a center to soak up minutes.
I used to love Faried's energy and game but he is too small.
Speights, Dwight, Gortat, Johnson etc all make sense to one degree or another.

Simple as that.

and when LeBronze leaves in 2 years, we go hard after Giannis

Hopefully not. But I am really hoping for Giannis and AD when LeBron is gone. As amazing of a player as LeBron is, there is something to the fact that many people do not seem to want to play with him, even if they respect him above most anyone else. And even if it isnt true, the aura exists.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

JoeKool wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
My predictions are usually wrong, but I just don't see AD bailing on us after one year. It would make him and rich paul look like real jerks with what we gave up to trade for him.

JoeKool wrote:
If AD leaves, then the last several years are a complete waste. Selling the farm for one guy would set us back another decade if he bolts.
So we do whatever it takes to have him play minimal minutes at the 5 so he resigns a max deal.

Simple as that.

Hopefully not. But I am really hoping for Giannis and AD when LeBron is gone. As amazing of a player as LeBron is, there is something to the fact that many people do not seem to want to play with him, even if they respect him above most anyone else. And even if it isnt true, the aura exists.

I think a lot of guys just pay him lip service and bend the knee cause they don’t wanna make political enemies
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakers better apply for an exception to Boogie’s salary if he’s going to be out for the season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I agree. Lebron is the face of player empowerment. He showed a star could not just pick his team, he could create his team and win with it.

It does impress me.

Historically, players have sat around passively, hoping some GM would put a winning team around them.

Modern superstars are realizing they don't have to wait and hope for luck. I think that's smart of them. If I were an NBA superstar, I'd be going the Lebron-Durant-Irving, etc. route of creating my own team and deciding who I want to play with rather than leave it to chance.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
JoeKool wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

JoeKool wrote:

Simple as that.

I think a lot of guys just pay him lip service and bend the knee cause they don’t wanna make political enemies

Great, now LG has two Darth's.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I am sure that the Lakers will apply for a disabled player exception.

To get it, a league-appointed physician has to determine that it substantially more likely than not that Cousins will be unable to play by June 15, which is when the finals end.

That's less than 10 months from now, and generally players aren't ready to begin doing light practicing until 9 months after surgery.

I think it's a 50-50 call if we get an exception, but the odds of Cousins being able to make a meaningful contribution this season is close to nil. If I were the Lakers, I wouldn't hesitate to waive Cousins.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:

It does impress me.

Historically, players have sat around passively, hoping some GM would put a winning team around them.

Modern superstars are realizing they don't have to wait and hope for luck. I think that's smart of them. If I were an NBA superstar, I'd be going the Lebron-Durant-Irving, etc. route of creating my own team and deciding who I want to play with rather than leave it to chance.

I could not see it more differently. The dude is a passive aggressive narcissist who doesn’t care which teammate gets thrown under the bus and rarely, if ever, takes the lion’s share of the blame even though he literally refers to himself as the Chosen One. Seriously, give me a break.
Greatest small forward Ever. The Shaq of his position. But an absolute hurricane of a personality when it comes to team chemistry. His reaction on the bench after J.R. Smith’s bonehead play at the end of Game One against the Warriors is one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen from an all-time great. The game wasn’t even over, and he’s already checked out competitively!! Unreal...and Completely inexcusable.
He’s a politician more than anything else to me, in the end. And because of that I never can bring myself to trust a word he says. 🤷‍♂️
But it is what it is. He’s on my favorite team of all time. So for the next few years I hope he drops triple doubles without breaking a sweat and takes us past the Celtics.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
JoeKool wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

JoeKool wrote:

Simple as that.

Sorry man. Why don’t you let me know next time which opinion you would like me to drop in the echo chamber.
Sound good?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

When’s he getting surgery?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

I think two of LaLa's statements set him apart from lil Kylo Los Angeles:

"Greatest small forward Ever. The Shaq of his position."
"He’s on my favorite team of all time. So for the next few years I hope he drops triple doubles without breaking a sweat and takes us past the Celtics."

KLA doesn't think Bron is one of the greats and is excited to see him (and thus, the Lakers) fail, which is why he's so excited to have Dwight join the team. I ain't a fan of Bron's passive aggressive diva act either, but he has proven he can get the job done despite it. I don't sweat LaLa's opinion too much since he isn't completely divorced from reality like Kylo is.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Judah wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

I think two of LaLa's statements sets him apart from lil Kylo LA:

"Greatest small forward Ever. The Shaq of his position."
"He’s on my favorite team of all time. So for the next few years I hope he drops triple doubles without breaking a sweat and takes us past the Celtics."

KLA doesn't thinks Bron is one of the greats and is excited to see him (and thus, the Lakers) fail, which is why he's so excited to have Dwight join the team. I ain't a fan of Bron's passive aggressive diva act either, but he has proven he can get the job done despite it. I don't sweat LaLa's opinion too much since he isn't completely divorced from reality like Kylo is.

Appreciate you taking the time to fairly process the words I wrote instead of just insulting me right off the bat. That’s always nice Lol. Respect
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

This sucks.
Boogie's injury got us scrambling for a backup center and camp hasn't even started yet.

Hopefully, we can have at least the 15th best backup center in the league.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
This sucks.
Boogie's injury got us scrambling for a backup center and camp hasn't even started yet.

Unfortunately he's starting.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Scoffs wrote:
What about Spencer Hawes? He's a 7-footer who shoots a career 35% from 3s. I last saw him with the South Bay Lakers; he made some sweet passes.

I was always a fan of Hawes and felt like his passing game was the most underutilized aspect of his game throughout his career. He always reminded me of Brad Miller.

Could Spencer Hawes be an option at center?

https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/08/19/los-angeles-lakers-spencer-hawes-option-center/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
This sucks.

Who could have seen that coming? Wait until AD misses some games.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/08/19/los-angeles-lakers-spencer-hawes-option-center/

Who knew Hawes was still alive (in NBA terms)? I thought he'd fallen into the Euro/China/AIA/FCA circuit.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
This sucks.

Who could have seen that coming? Wait until AD misses some games.

Indeed
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

Kinda awkward that there is no decision on a surgery date.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

Who knew Hawes was still alive (in NBA terms)? I thought he'd fallen into the Euro/China/AIA/FCA circuit.

He's in NBA Purgatory; the G-League.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

So sad but so true
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

Injury exemption doesn't grant them an extra spot. Listen to the latest Lakers Nation podcast with the great Keith Smith & the great Trevor Lane for some more details, but basically all they get is 1.75m to spend on a player. It's not even worth the 10-year vet min so it's kinda whatever.
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 51 of 69
Jump to: