Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Diaz killed it.. wants title shot?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Diaz dominated and Dangit I wanted Romero to win that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Diaz dominated and Dangit I wanted Romero to win that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

DC just got smacked hard.. AT end of round he was walking away looking dazed lost
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

DC 3-0 now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Cormier taken out!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Got a belt back

WOW... The body shots..(bleep)!!!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Stipe Miocic was just killing DC with those body shots in the 4th round...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Why didn't DC try another takedown or two...

He (bleep) up

Some body kicks or something to stop those body blows.. arrgh
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Stipe Miocic was just killing DC with those body shots in the 4th round...

Can take one or two but not 6-7 ..lol he got killed

DC screwed up allowing those body shots over and over and over.....
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

He (bleep) up

He was too gassed to take him down. Stipe is a former D1 all american wrestler, not the easiest guy to take and hold down. DC got gassed, took some chances and paid the price.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

And DC got cocky in that 2nd round and lost the momentum.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Shame for my boy Pettis, but Diaz clearly was on a different level tonight.

Thought Costa v Romero was fight of the night, some bigtime shots landed by both men, and despite what the crowd seemed to think, Costa was a clear winner.

Thought Stipe would win it, was pretty confident about that. Wasn't feeling so confident after 3 rounds, but those body shots in the 4th were vicious.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

I thought I overheard one if the announcers say Romero is 42yrs old.. huh?

Googled

Quote:

Yoel Romero/Age
42 years
April 30, 1977

Wow. Nice genetics
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

He (bleep) up

He was too gassed to take him down. Stipe is a former D1 all american wrestler, not the easiest guy to take and hold down. DC got gassed, took some chances and paid the price.

True that Stipe is just a monster
Dancing a jig in the ring after all that

I had DC 3-0 going into 4th but Stipe still didn't look concerned or phased much
Those body shots would have sent me to emergency room asap
DC was gassed
Stipe looked more serious. I don't know bout y'all but DC picking up Stipe on his back was one of the dumber things I've seen. Talk about overexertion and waste of energy..

Retire DC. Nobody will think bad about it
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

22 nailed it. He was rocked silly in the second round. He just kept moving forward with his hands down andeating a shot to return fire. Did you guys see in between rounds? He was asking "am I winning?" when he clearly was. That's not the sign of a fighter that's all there.

I'm with Trey, you're 40 DC. You've nothing left to prove. You're in the GOAT conversation. You have an obscene amount of opportunities outside of the ring. You've made it this long with your faculties intact. Walk away dude.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

Disney don’t play. Had to watch one of those partial screen YouTube replays just to catch the Diaz/Pettis scrap. My gotos are all blanketed on PPV cards.

Nate may not have picked up anything new skill-wise but, based on his recent bouts, he certainly diversified his attack against Showtime.

And as expected, Anthony couldn’t match pace. Hard for him to be the creative striker he almost always is when he’s on his heels all night, retreating while looking for air and space.

That was it for me. Heard a lot of fighters had Romero winning but I’ll go with Mo’s word on the issue. Have to think a lot people don’t like Paulo. Dude looks like he’s on those nuclear powered protein shakes, is new to the game, younger and on a meteoric rise. And, maybe people don’t want to face him either.

Not surprised by Stipe making the adjustments to take the strap back. Was surprised to hear DC well ahead after 3 and then getting caught. Had to be gassed, in addition to being hurt as y’all suggest.

And I agree on Daniel's career. It’s a wrap. Thought that even had he won.

Masvidal would be a great next fight but gotta figure the UFC finds a way to get the trilogy fight with Mac done first.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Disney don’t play. Had to watch one of those partial screen YouTube replays just to catch the Diaz/Pettis scrap. My gotos are all blanketed on PPV cards.

Nate may not have picked up anything new skill-wise but, based on his recent bouts, he certainly diversified his attack against Showtime.

And as expected, Anthony couldn’t match pace. Hard for him to be the creative striker he almost always is when he’s on his heels all night, retreating while looking for air and space.

That was it for me. Heard a lot of fighters had Romero winning but I’ll go with Mo’s word on the issue. Have to think a lot people don’t like Paulo. Dude looks like he’s on those nuclear powered protein shakes, is new to the game, younger and on a meteoric rise. And, maybe people don’t want to face him either.

Not surprised by Stipe making the adjustments to take the strap back. Was surprised to hear DC well ahead after 3 and then getting caught. Had to be gassed, in addition to being hurt as y’all suggest.

Masvidal would be a great next fight but gotta figure the UFC finds a way to get the trilogy fight with Mac done first.

GTR!! I never pm’d you the new stream sources brodie?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Those body shots were sapping DC's stamina and the last 2 big ones actually hurt him visibly right before Stipe hit him with an onslaught of punches to finish it. DC's has always been vulnerable to body shots. It's how Jones set up that head kick KO on him and Gustaffson was having success in the body too in his fight vs DC. I think DC got too confident in his striking instead of mixing up his grappling and clinch more especially in rounds 3 and 4 after he saw the quick KO wasn't coming.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

GTR!! I never pm’d you the new stream sources brodie?

My man! Hit me with a PM of those new stream sources as well por favor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Got y’all!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Very happy to see Stipe take out DC, who is one of the most boring fighters in the sport to watch imo. Hopefully, DC retires, and Stipe rematches Ngannou or fights JJ.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

DC was overconfident and headhunting. Could easily see he thought he could put Stipe to sleep. It's why (as JB astutely noted) Cormier was willing to eat shots just to get his own off.

And, credit to the new champ, he fought through some pretty heavy fire, out-conditioned a dude with a big tank and high pace in order to find his fight changing and winning combination.

What's interesting to me is two things:

1. I found myself wondering early why DC didn't stick with the leg kicks. After the fight finished, I thought if DC had utilized leg kicks to follow up his punches (particularly in the first 2 rounds), it would have made a difference, and IMHO, a potentially game-changing one. Early, Stipe was sitting back a lot (in his own words post-fight, saying he was fighting like a "P-word") and letting DC initiate and then flurrying after. He wound up finding the body with the same plan of attack. Had DC finished with kicks, he does more lasting damage early and no way Stipe has the same torque to the body, let alone as clean an opening.

2. Why do so many MMA fighters ignore the body? Especially when their opponent owns a granite chin and bowling ball head. They almost ALWAYS can't take it to the midsection. In a fight with 5-minute rounds, it's an amazingly effective plan of attack because those blows, when landed, absolutely suck the life out of fighters. DC was already gassed so when Miocic started catching him, it was like a video game character's energy bar getting absolutely sapped. Nick Diaz used to go the body so well. It's just perplexing to me. But to be fair, this lack of attention to the body happens in the sweet science all the time too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
DC was overconfident and headhunting. Could easily see he thought he could put Stipe to sleep. It's why (as JB astutely noted) Cormier was willing to eat shots just to get his own off.

And, credit to the new champ, he fought through some pretty heavy fire, out-conditioned a dude with a big tank and high pace in order to find his fight changing and winning combination.

What's interesting to me is two things:

1. I found myself wondering early why DC didn't stick with the leg kicks. After the fight finished, I thought if DC had utilized leg kicks to follow up his punches (particularly in the first 2 rounds), it would have made a difference, and IMHO, a potentially game-changing one. Early, Stipe was sitting back a lot (in his own words post-fight, saying he was fighting like a "P-word") and letting DC initiate and then flurrying after. He wound up finding the body with the same plan of attack. Had DC finished with kicks, he does more lasting damage early and no way Stipe has the same torque to the body, let alone as clean an opening.

2. Why do so many MMA fighters ignore the body? Especially when their opponent owns a granite chin and bowling ball head. They almost ALWAYS can't take it to the midsection. In a fight with 5-minute rounds, it's an amazingly effective plan of attack because those blows, when landed, absolutely suck the life out of fighters. DC was already gassed so when Miocic started catching him, it was like a video game character's energy bar getting absolutely sapped. Nick Diaz used to go the body so well. It's just perplexing to me. But to be fair, this lack of attention to the body happens in the sweet science all the time too.

100% agreed. DC screwed himself in that fight. Hubris was his downfall

Maybe that’ll be the new wave with fighters starting to go to the body now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 478, 479, 480 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 479 of 499
Jump to: