Dwight Howard interested in re-joining Lakers (DWIGHT BACK TO LAKERS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers sign Dwight Howard?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 65 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 202 ]
Total Votes : 267

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

Noah was impressive to me last year in the few games I saw the Grizz.

His passing, rebounding and screening abilities are what makes me intrigued by him. I wouldn't play him more than 12-15mpg, but I think he would give it his all in that period.

Dwight will inevitably revert to fancying himself as a low post threat, setting poor screens, complaining about touches, etc.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

Noah can't stay healthy. That's a no.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

But he played in most of the games once he signed with the Grizz. And Dwight missed most of last year post surger(ies). I do think Noah is a better stylistic fit with his passing.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
”Id be surprised if Dwight signed with the Lakers, I think this call is coming from Dwights camp” Ramona on 170

https://twitter.com/unwrittenrul3s/status/1163527443723849728?s=21
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Rather have Pau , they should take Pau.

Why? Pau is completely done as an NBA level player.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Fool me once shame on you, follow me twice shame on me.

With that being said, I'd go for mo speights. He has championship xp. A 3pt threat at the 5 position. Experience under Vogel in Orlando. Then I'd experiment with antetokounmpo at the backup 5 too if need be in spot minutes.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

But he played in most of the games once he signed with the Grizz. And Dwight missed most of last year post surger(ies). I do think Noah is a better stylistic fit with his passing.

Yup yup yup. Dwight's just Javale 2.0 at this point, I'm intrigued by 15 minutes of Noah a night. 20 - 24 for McGee. The rest is closing out with Davis at C, good to go.
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Yup yup yup. Dwight's just Javale 2.0 at this point, I'm intrigued by 15 minutes of Noah a night. 20 - 24 for McGee. The rest is closing out with Davis at C, good to go.

Yup.

22-24mpg for JAV.
12-14mpg for Noah.

Rest for AD in our death lineup with him at center.

We are talking about 12-14mpg here. Dwight's antics do not justify that for me, even in such a limited role.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Nobody is rushing to sign Noah because he sucks and he can barely stay on the court for half a season. An older Dwight is still 10x the player Noah would ever be for us, it's not even close. People may not like Dwight personally but signing a very limited and equally risky Noah because of bad feelings about Dwight is a very shortsighted, low gain decision.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Nobody is rushing to sign Noah because he sucks and he can barely stay on the court for half a season. An older Dwight is still 10x the player Noah would ever be for us, it's not even close. People may not like Dwight personally but signing a very limited and equally risky Noah because of bad feelings about Dwight is a very shortsighted, low gain decision.

Have you seen his game? He can barely get above the rim!

11/02/18

11/09/18

11/16/18
TheBrow03
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

I think we have no say in the matter, if Davis and Lebron have given the green light and think he can help them win a championship, he’ll be on the team. Not sure how much Kobe’s input to Rob will be able to over-ride current players opinions.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

The irony of this is that you discount that Dwight had yet another back/butt surgery and missed most of last year while Noah was a reliable contributor to the Grizzlies in December 2018 and played 42 games (16.5mpg) for them.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

11/02/18

11/09/18

11/16/18

like Noah doesn't look like a cripple out there? The problem is and has always been Dwight could do everything - except shoot free throws - better. Noah, expectations are low so apparently, anything he does is wonderful and amazing. Dwight does something and... he didn't jump high enough, he didn't do this, he didn't do that. If Lebron can convince Dwight to play some hard D, get some lobs from time to time, that's all we really need from him. Maybe he has a game here or there where he puts up 30 pts, whatever. Most games we just need him to play decent D, catch a couple of lobs, maybe set an actual pick a couple of times - that's it. That is Noah's ceiling if he's playing at 100% max effort, Dwight can do that at 75% or less.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

11/02/18

11/09/18

11/16/18

like Noah doesn't look like a cripple out there? The problem is and has always been Dwight could do everything - except shoot free throws - better. Noah, expectations are low so apparently, anything he does is wonderful and amazing. Dwight does something and... he didn't jump high enough, he didn't do this, he didn't do that. If Lebron can convince Dwight to play some hard D, get some lobs from time to time, that's all we really need from him. Maybe he has a game here or there where he puts up 30 pts, whatever. Most games we just need him to play decent D, catch a couple of lobs, maybe set an actual pick a couple of times - that's it. That is Noah's ceiling if he's playing at 100% max effort, Dwight can do that at 75% or less.

It's no longer about ceilings.

Dwight was the better player than Noah. Both are now 33 and 34 respectively.

It's about your attitude now given the reality of being an older player.

Noah has accepted it and did well with the Grizz last year.

Dwight suffers from the same delusions that Melo has. Both WERE (operative term) star players but don't realize they are now in their mid 30s.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Not a fan of +/- statistic, but if you look at Dwight Howard’s +/- statistic then compare it with Joakim Noah’s +/- statistic, it’s kind of shocking. Also, Dwight’s highlight performances from last season came during blowout losses, the emptiest of stats.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

11/02/18

11/09/18

11/16/18

Dwight suffers from the same delusions that Melo has. Both WERE (operative term) star players but don't realize they are now in their mid 30s.

yeah, well either Dwight accepts the role or he doesn't but I don't see the point in bringing in an older 4 cylinder Corolla with 200,000+ miles on it (Noah) vs say a much more expensive 8 cylinder car with 200,000+ miles on it that just needs a tuneup (see: head examined)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

11/02/18

11/09/18

11/16/18

yeah, well either Dwight accepts the role or he doesn't but I don't see the point in bringing in an older 4 cylinder Corolla with 200,000+ miles on it (Noah) vs say a much more expensive 8 cylinder car with 200,000+ miles on it that just needs a tuneup (see: head examined)

What if your expensive 8 cylinder car is filled with horse manure and you can't wash it off no matter how hard you try to clean it?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

11/02/18

11/09/18

11/16/18

What if your expensive 8 cylinder car is filled with horse manure and you can't wash it off no matter how hard you try to clean it?

hey, as long as it runs ok... Anyway... I totally get it, it's like investing in stocks, say Apple vs Google. The more conservative investor wants a dividend so they put their money in Apple, the more aggressive investor puts his money in Google. It's not like one person or the other is absolutely wrong or right, it's just a preference towards either more of a probable steady experience or outcome (Apple) vs a probable rocky experience with possibly higher rewards that may or may not happen (Google).
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I wouldn't want Dwight neither. I understand we are limited in options, but both these signings are desperation signings. I will say that if Joakim did remain healthy, I would want him over Dwight.... That's a big if though. Dwight has a healthier track record.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I wouldn't want Dwight neither. I understand we are limited in options, but both these signings are desperation signings. I will say that if Joakim did remain healthy, I would want him over Dwight.... That's a big if though. Dwight has a healthier track record.

I mean, yeah, either one would obviously be a signing made out of pure desperation. That's how it works when you're in a desperate situation, no? They need a C.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I mean, yeah, either one would obviously be a signing made out of pure desperation. That's how it works when you're in a desperate situation, no? They need a C.

Dwight for 15-24 minutes a game is a good signing. Especially since he's been humbled. He knows he's not the player he was and just wants to do whats needed to help the team win. Melo still thinks he's an all-star Dwight doesn't. Do you guys remember last year, prior to Chandler, we played the Spurs and LMA was destroying McGee, same with Jokic, they put Bron on both and he held his own. Point is you need Dwight (265 lbs) against guys like LMA, Jokic, Embid etc, to spell McGee and AD. I think Noah is too old and too injured. I like Faried but he's too small, Amir Johnson would be an option as well.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

guys there is no argument that the Lakers signing Dwight has risks..there is even an article that after he was traded to Washington, his ex team celebrated!

Don't forget, however, this is a veteran minimum. I think the Lakers should just sign him (if the opportunity presents itself) and "roll the dice." Trust me if Lebron sees his locker room attitude is out of hand, he will tell management and they will waive his a**.

If it doesn't work out, than the Lakers can maybe sign Noah or someone else.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

Let's say the Lakers target Dwight...
Doesn't he need to be bought out?
Last thing the Lakers need to do is trade for this guy...

Right?
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Let's say the Lakers target Dwight...
Doesn't he need to be bought out?
Last thing the Lakers need to do is trade for this guy...

Right?

Yes he has to be brought out. There are reporters saying that he likely won't play for Memphis so it is expected for him to be brought out or traded (this could be reporter BS).

I think they want to trade him but no team wants him (likely because of his locker room attitude) so it is possible that Memphis doesn't want him for the same reason (especially if he wants to the Lakers, he will be a whiny bit** all season.

However, we can't know this for sure, Memphis might wait to see if someone has a need for him via a trade and I don't think the Lakers should trade for him nor can trade for him. The Lakers I think should only get him at a veteran minimum at a FA.

Last edited by lar9149 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

TheBrow03 wrote:
I think we have no say in the matter, if Davis and Lebron have given the green light and think he can help them win a championship, he’ll be on the team. Not sure how much Kobe’s input to Rob will be able to over-ride current players opinions.

That would tell us even more how bad Lebron and Davis are at recognizing talent
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15
Jump to: