OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 557, 558, 559 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

It was obvious no one was going to get officially "cut" at this point and that someone would leave with an "injury"

Does anyone actually believe he's hurt? I'm not buying it. He really, really wanted to be there.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
It was obvious no one was going to get officially "cut" at this point and that someone would leave with an "injury"

Does anyone actually believe he's hurt? I'm not buying it. He really, really wanted to be there.

better he got cut because usa gonna get embarrassed
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Pop looks over the hill. Should've played Smart and put him on Patty Mills.

Also his stubbornness when it comes to not starting Mills might've hurt SAS the past 2 seasons.

Damn. I never thought I’d see someone say this. Could be right though.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

He’s hurt but the injury isn’t serious, if Team USA really wanted Kuzma he would still be out there, they don’t so the new ankle injury was a reason for them to cut him, it’s better that he’s not playing because training camp is gonna begin in a couple of weeks.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
All I care about is the ankle..... hope he’s good to go in 2 weeks

He is fine, injury is cover to cut him

Pop didn't want a Laker... and it was obviously a cover.

Kuz was one of the more important players on that team TBH and that's not me being biased. The only guy outside of Kemba, who can get hot and just go off. Without him, they might be 0-2.

Guess you forgot about Donovan Mitchell, Khris Middleton, Jayson Tatum?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Kuzma is out per Marc Stein

USA Basketball announces that Kyle Kuzma's ankle injury will rule him out of the @FIBAWC and the roster is now set

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1165264553812353025?s=21

Bummer. I enjoyed watching him play with Team USA. Hope it’s not serious.

Wait, what?! I didn't get to watch any of the games. Is this real or some shenanigans?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Wow this must be embarrassing for Kuzma, can’t believe he really thought he could pick and choose when he wants to play for team USA lmao ‪😂🤣😂💀 he got his ass cut from that team cos he was too interested in showing out for social media than actually helping the team.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Wow this must be embarrassing for Kuzma, can’t believe he really thought he could pick and choose when he wants to play for team USA lmao ‪😂🤣😂💀 he got his ass cut from that team cos he was too interested in showing out for social media than actually helping the team.

What are you talking about? He looked just fine in the scrimmages and exhibitions and by all accounts, has been working his ass off this summer and making real progress. If they did actually cut him under the guise of an injury, it's their loss and our gain.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Welp, there goes any motivation for me to watch Team USA. Tiny sample size, but it was very nice to see KUZ knocking down those threes like he did. Can’t wait for preseason.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Welp, there goes any motivation for me to watch Team USA. Tiny sample size, but it was very nice to see KUZ knocking down those threes like he did. Can’t wait for preseason.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
All I care about is the ankle..... hope he’s good to go in 2 weeks

He is fine, injury is cover to cut him

Pop didn't want a Laker... and it was obviously a cover.

Kuz was one of the more important players on that team TBH and that's not me being biased. The only guy outside of Kemba, who can get hot and just go off. Without him, they might be 0-2.

Guess you forgot about Donovan Mitchell, Khris Middleton, Jayson Tatum?

All better players but none who don't really have the microwave effect we've seen from Kuz
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

In some ways, Kuzma got most of the upside of the experience, working with Team USA coaching and more organized play than normal summer activities. But he avoided some of the costs, namely playing in a tournament that ends right before training camp and tends to be on the physical side. That experience has value too, but it comes at a cost, especially for a player on a team who hopes to play until June.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

In some ways, Kuzma got most of the upside of the experience, working with Team USA coaching and more organized play than normal summer activities. But he avoided some of the costs, namely playing in a tournament that ends right before training camp and tends to be on the physical side. That experience has value too, but it comes at a cost, especially for a player on a team who hopes to play until June.

This!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Kind of glad he's not on the US team.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Would have given me something to watch for the next few weeks but it worked out better for Lakers fans. I think Kuz looks like a different animal out there, very confident and a mamba mentality swagger that kind of makes me believe. I think we kept the right guy..
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

This!

100%. Timing is almost perfect in terms of development and risk. I think it’s important for him to be at Lebron’s training camp and actual training camp for both chemistry and development reasons like getting to know all the new players, coaches and system.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

This!

100%. Timing is almost perfect in terms of development and risk. I think it’s important for him to be at Lebron’s training camp and actual training camp for both chemistry and development reasons like getting to know all the new players, coaches and system.

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

this was my first thoughts
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

not everything is a conspiracy my guys. even a 2 week sprain and he's gone. and NBA teams are super conservative with the international play now

Quote:
@RedsArmy_John
Popovich on Kuzma: It’s a huge disappointment, because he was a young, energetic guy who was really learning and could play a lot of positions for us. Mostly, I feel badly for him, because he missed play, and this holds him back a little bit for the season also. (1/2)
7:37 AM - 25 Aug 2019

@RedsArmy_John
13h13 hours ago
More
Pop on Kuzma cont: ..."So, hopefully, he’ll heal quickly. But, he was wonderful while he was here, and we do miss him." (2/2)
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
not everything is a conspiracy my guys. even a 2 week sprain and he's gone. and NBA teams are super conservative with the international play now

Quote:
@RedsArmy_John
Popovich on Kuzma: It’s a huge disappointment, because he was a young, energetic guy who was really learning and could play a lot of positions for us. Mostly, I feel badly for him, because he missed play, and this holds him back a little bit for the season also. (1/2)

@RedsArmy_John
13h13 hours ago
More
Pop on Kuzma cont: ..."So, hopefully, he’ll heal quickly. But, he was wonderful while he was here, and we do miss him." (2/2)

Thats good to hear. If you look at the highlights or anyone that saw the games, Kuzma did good overall and I think he would have made the team if it wasn't for the injury.

And is ability to hit the 3 in the short sample was encouraging. If he get hitting his 3 point shots again, him and Green are going to make it really hard for teams as they have to worry about trying to protect the rim enough from AD and Lebron and still defend the 3 of Green and Kuzma.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

KOBE WAN wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

This!

Lol if he couldn't handle all the playing then he doesn't have what it takes to be a featured Laker
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Quote:
@RedsArmy_John

@RedsArmy_John
13h13 hours ago
More

I don't know that there's anything to glean from this. I wouldn't expect Pop to be anything other than complimentary.

There is no way to be sure why he was cut with any certainty. Either way it doesn't matter in my opinion.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

So is his ankle a minor week off type of thing?
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

((VULGAR COMMENT REMOVED - JMK))

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1166720822746243072

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Los Angeles Lakers F Kyle Kuzma has signed with @CAA_Basketball for his on and off court representation.

If it is Aaron Mintz again, I expect Kuzma's stay with the Lakers to be short-lived.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 557, 558, 559 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 558 of 880
Jump to: