Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

You’re certainly welcome to your opinion of the guy 🤷‍♂️

And you're certainly welcome to substantiate yours.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:

You’re certainly welcome to your opinion of the guy 🤷‍♂️

And you're certainly welcome to substantiate yours.

I think he’s a politician. And politicians know how to present themselves to the public and fashion allies in important media positions. And yes, I have heard him bragging about his own humility, which is the antithesis of truly humble behavior.
I’m not saying he’s the anti-Christ for god’s sake, haha. I just don’t care for his passive aggressive shtick. Go ahead and believe what you want about him. I don’t much dig his style and certainly don’t trust a thing he says to be authentic.
Once again...🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Judah wrote:

Great, now LG has two Darth's.

I think two of LaLa's statements sets him apart from lil Kylo LA:

"Greatest small forward Ever. The Shaq of his position."
"He’s on my favorite team of all time. So for the next few years I hope he drops triple doubles without breaking a sweat and takes us past the Celtics."

KLA doesn't thinks Bron is one of the greats and is excited to see him (and thus, the Lakers) fail, which is why he's so excited to have Dwight join the team. I ain't a fan of Bron's passive aggressive diva act either, but he has proven he can get the job done despite it. I don't sweat LaLa's opinion too much since he isn't completely divorced from reality like Kylo is.

Appreciate you taking the time to fairly process the words I wrote instead of just insulting me right off the bat. That’s always nice Lol. Respect

No problem, man.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Seems like Pelinka lacks the ability to balance. He goes overkill last year on tough weird dudes. This year he goes overkill in the backcourt. So damn surprised Jonathan Williams didn't get a chance this year. I like him for center for small ball line-up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Oh- I didn't realize I had gone into the LeBron thread.

Conversations ebb and flow. Just like opinions on The King! 😆

Plus there is nothing to discuss regarding Cousins
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Seems like Pelinka lacks the ability to balance. He goes overkill last year on tough weird dudes. This year he goes overkill in the backcourt. So damn surprised Jonathan Williams didn't get a chance this year. I like him for center for small ball line-up.

Magic made last years choices. He did what he could this offseason after letting players slip through waiting on Kawhi.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

I would like to have seen Williams get a run as well
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I would like to have seen Williams get a run as well

Johnathan Williams To Play In Israel
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Actually, it most likely will take Cousins two more years to get back to speed.
The coming season healing.
Then the following season slowly getting up to speed. GSW rushed him to play since they were shorthanded.

So it be nice to find another center for two more years.

All of a sudden McGee is the third most important player because he is the only player at his position.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

It's official Boogie's injury is FAKE!!!
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Well that could have gone better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/08/demarcus-cousins-reportedly-threatened-to-kill-his-baby-mama

It's a wrap if true.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/08/demarcus-cousins-reportedly-threatened-to-kill-his-baby-mama

It's a wrap if true.

True or not, I will never understand why everyone instantly warmed to this guy the moment he signed. Do a quick search of his time in Sacramento. He's trash.
Citizen Arcane
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:

It's a wrap if true.

The woman was filming him in advance knowing in advance she telling him that she wasn't allowing their kid to go to his wedding.

It's wrong for DMC to say that but she knew exactly what she was doing.

The words he used were ill advised and criminal... but I bet a lot of people would be saying things they would be ashamed of faced with a similar situation.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

Hope he had a nice wedding.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Sorry, my experience with threatening phone calls and legal ramifications is minimal. Is this something he can be jailed for, or is it just a fine and a restraining order? (IF it happened or he's proven guilty)

Does it give the Lakers leeway to release him and open up that spot for Andre/Buyout Guy X? Would Anthony Davis understand and be ok with it, or would it give him caution that the team "doesn't fully back their players"? I wouldn't know what to do if I was Jeannie & Linda in this situation...
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:

It's a wrap if true.

It should be a wrap already. We are not going to see him play for the team and don't need added drama.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Obviously not the best choice of words, but the baby mama is a SNAKE for using the kid and basically setting Cousins up with the recording.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

How did Pelinka go overkill in the backcourt? Before FA, we had three players - LBJ, AD, Kuzma - all undoubtedly frontcourt players. We literally had no one to play in the backcourt and needed, at least, 4-5 backcourt signings. Since FA opened, we've signed 4 bigs (Dudley, Cousins, McGee and Dwight), two wings (DG and KCP) and four guards (Cook, Rondo, Caruso, Bradley). Maybe you could say DG should be considered a guard, but that's still only 5 guards signed for the backcourt.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

((Sexist comment deleted. What’s the matter with you? — JMK))
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Obviously not the best choice of words, but the baby mama is a SNAKE for using the kid and basically setting Cousins up with the recording.

It's bad form to: (a) refuse to let the kid go to the wedding; and (b) record DMC and leak it to TMZ. But, telling someone you have a kid with that you're going to "put a bullet" in their head is inexcusable.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

How did Pelinka go overkill in the backcourt? Before FA, we had three players - LBJ, AD, Kuzma - all undoubtedly frontcourt players. We literally had no one to play in the backcourt and needed, at least, 4-5 backcourt signings. Since FA opened, we've signed 4 bigs (Dudley, Cousins, McGee and Dwight), two wings (DG and KCP) and four guards (Cook, Rondo, Caruso, Bradley). Maybe you could say DG should be considered a guard, but that's still only 5 guards signed for the backcourt.

Dudley is a big now? Rofl
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Dudley is a big now? Rofl

The last four years he's played the SUPERmajority of his time at the 4 (per BBall-Reference: 94%, 87, 88, 84) and he's slowly moved from playing any time at the 3 (none last year, 8, 9 and 1% the three previous years) to significant time at the 5 (16% last year).

I get it; dude is only 6'7" or 6'8". But he plays almost exclusively as a stretch big now.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

Or perhaps there are custody issues we have no idea about. Past abuse, state lines etc.

And perhaps she recorded because he has said abusive and violent things in the past and she was documenting all interactions on advice from lawyers or police.

I have no clue of the specifics either. Just suggesting some alternative reasons before this gets out of hand. Bottom line, if he said it he should be held accountable.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

Think it's time to cut Boogie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 53 of 69
Jump to: