Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

Bet everyone in Chicago be shocked he went pro after a year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Is he healthy yet?
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:

Why because he is like 13?
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

Can he play SF?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
Can he play SF?

In a pinch but he's 6'3, even though he has insanely long arms. I would say no otherwise.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Can he play SF?

In a pinch but he's 6'3, even though he has insanely long arms. I would say no otherwise.

That’s what I was thinking. The long wingspan and big body should allow him to play few minutes at SF. We are thin on that position. Hope we get Iggy somehow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Can he play SF?

That’s what I was thinking. The long wingspan and big body should allow him to play few minutes at SF. We are thin on that position. Hope we get Iggy somehow.

He has some heft too but I don't think SF is ideal long-term. But against SGs, the hope is that he can just envelop them on defense.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

He’s legit 6’4 fellows

He’s more 6’4 than Mitchell is 6’3, or DLo and Clarkson are 6’5

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

The lack of SF complaining is interesting. I would love to have Iggy, but thinking about the minutes among our "big 3" (I know that's kinda generous to Kuz, but one can hope), I think we have SF covered. While I don't think we can count on AD to play the 5 full-time, almost every iteration of our "death" or closing lineup has LBJ at the 4 and AD at the 5. Let's say that we use that lineup for the final five of the half and game. That's ~10 mpg where LBJ is off the SF slot. So now we're looking at something like this:
PG:
SG:
SF: LBJ 22 mpg (26 mpg left at SF)
PF: AD 25 mpg; LBJ 10 mpg (13 mpg left at PF)
C: AD 10 mpg (38 mpg left at C)

If Kuz doesn't eat up all those SF minutes, I'm guessing he takes the majority, meaning we only need to pick up ~2-6 mpg from another SF and we have DG and KCP who can play there, especially when the other team is/goes small. Where are we going to play another SF?

This may be a simplistic way of looking at things as the era has gone positionless, but it at least gives you a way to think about how the split will go. If you want, you can think about Forward minutes instead, but the analysis is about the same.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Why because he is like 13?

IN Chicago, THT wasn't rated that high.

I remember THT back than cause it was THT vs Ayo back in chitown.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He’s legit 6’4 fellows

I think he was like 6'2" without shoes and near 6'4" with shoes? None of that changes the fact that he is not a small forward. I am not sure what you mean by he is more of his height than another guy.....DLo was measured at the combine just as Horton-Tucker was....Dlo was 18? and 6'5" with shoes...so he could be taller now. Clarkson measured at 6'5" with shoes but was at an age where his growth had ended. Do they use different measuring tapes at the combine?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He’s legit 6’4 fellows

I think he was like 6'2" without shoes and near 6'4" with shoes? None of that changes the fact that he is not a small forward. I am not sure what you mean by he is more of his height than another guy.....DLo was measured at the combine just as Horton-Tucker was....Dlo was 18? and 6'5" with shoes...so he could be taller now. Clarkson measured at 6'5" with shoes but was at an age where his growth had ended. Do they use different measuring tapes at the combine?

my point was that he didn't wear thick shoes to hit the 6'4 mark like those guys did to hit their mark.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He’s legit 6’4 fellows

my point was that he didn't wear thick shoes to hit the 6'4 mark like those guys did to hit their mark.

I typed "measurements conversation KIROE" into google to find you fam

it led me to this very post

Death, Taxes, and Talkin Bout Inches - the KIROE story
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He’s legit 6’4 fellows

Well, that's good, not using shoes to bump his height up. Whether 6'2" or 6'4" tho, I really think he needs to develop himself as a Shooting Guard... i.e., focus on 3PT shooting and wing play/defense. That's where his size (wingspan) can give him an advantage. If he's pushed down to SF, he won't have that, not now and less so in a few years time. He doesn't need to be uber quick, Danny Green is a good example of someone who has succeeded at SG without being quick.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He’s legit 6’4 fellows

Well, that's good, not using shoes to bump his height up. Whether 6'2" or 6'4" tho, I really think he needs to develop himself as a Shooting Guard... i.e., focus on 3PT shooting and wing play/defense. That's where his size (wingspan) can give him an advantage. If he's pushed down to SF, he won't have that, not now and less so in a few years time. He doesn't need to be uber quick, Danny Green is a good example of someone who has succeeded at SG without being quick.

I’m just hoping for a smarter version of the Indiana Lance Stephenson.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He’s legit 6’4 fellows

I typed "measurements conversation KIROE" into google to find you fam

it led me to this very post

Death, Taxes, and Talkin Bout Inches - the KIROE story

Hilariousness. I knew you’d come in here and catch me on an inch spree
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
adkindo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
He’s legit 6’4 fellows

I’m just hoping for a smarter version of the Indiana Lance Stephenson.

Smarter version of Indy Lance = near all star.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
la4win wrote:
Can he play SF?

THT has the length and body to play small forward.

For the record, THT and Zion Williamson has the same 8'7 standing reach. And Zion plays PF.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

He can play SF and will SF this year. Having said that, he won't play more than 15 games this season.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

eff Siegel: Guaranteed salary, picks 40-48: Justin James – $2.4M Eric Paschall – $4.2M Admiral Schofield – $2.8M Jaylen Nowell – $1.4M Bol Bol – $50,000 Isaiah Roby – $3.0M Talen Horton-Tucker – $2.4M Ignas Brazdeikis – $2.4M Terance Mann – $2.5M One of these is not like the others. – via Twitter jgsiegel

Bol Bol
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
eff Siegel: Guaranteed salary, picks 40-48: Justin James – $2.4M Eric Paschall – $4.2M Admiral Schofield – $2.8M Jaylen Nowell – $1.4M Bol Bol – $50,000 Isaiah Roby – $3.0M Talen Horton-Tucker – $2.4M Ignas Brazdeikis – $2.4M Terance Mann – $2.5M One of these is not like the others. – via Twitter jgsiegel

Bol Bol

He signed a 2 Way Deal.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
He can play SF and will SF this year. Having said that, he won't play more than 15 games this season.

THT can possibly guard the 1,2, & 3 however THT is a long way from competing in the NBA at a high level. With a lot of work he could eventually become an NBA role player. Defensive potential is his "calling card" based on his 7'1" wingspan and his motor.

At the very least, a season with the South Bay Lakers should allow THT to mature mentally and physically. Conditioning, diet and working on his slow shooting stroke (41% and 31% from beyond the arc), are just a few areas that he needs to focus on. All-in-all he's a nice pickup.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

Eh. Don't see him playing SF this year. He's what, 6'3 in shoes? LBJ/Green/Dudley/Kuz will all see time at SF ahead of him. He may get some run at the SG in garbage time.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

What difference does his height make, really? You don't shoot or defend with the top of your head.

It's the weight and standing/jumping reach that matters and he has those in spades.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

ZenMaster4President wrote:
What difference does his height make, really? You don't shoot or defend with the top of your head.

It's the weight and standing/jumping reach that matters and he has those in spades.

One of his selling points of THT as a prospect was his ridiculous versatility. He's guard height, but forward length and has the strength to play "up" defensively. He can probably guard 1-4 depending on the matchup (probably too slow for some elite smaller guards; probably too small for more physical, larger forwards). I can't wait to see him play in the pre-season. I'm excited for our SB Lakers team with THT, Norvell, Cacok, Stockton (right?) and Kostos. Should be fun.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 19 of 202
Jump to: