Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Who needs 90210 when 90245 has way more drama.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

I always said the only thing I care about off the court (if the product on the court is good) is violent crime.

Damn Cousins. Don't know the details. But he might have to go.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
“I will put a bullet in your head...” Jesus, Boogie; calm down man. Dude acts as if this is the last chance his kid has to attend one of his failed marriage weddings.

Is that the actual quote? And is that the most explicit of quotes? Sorry, I didnt click the tmz link
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
“I will put a bullet in your head...” Jesus, Boogie; calm down man. Dude acts as if this is the last chance his kid has to attend one of his failed marriage weddings.

Yeah man. Dude has issues.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Just lets you know:

1. Make good decisions on who you make babies with
2. Make good decisions on voicing bodily harm to people

Moral of the story: Make good decisions?

Alternately: don't make babies while voicing bodily harm to people? Worst kind of pillow talk ever!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

So I thought there was utility in keeping Boogie's 3.5m deal as salary ballast, but if he has a plea/conviction, would a team even want to touch him even if they had no long term plans for him? And that would mean the Lakers have to hold on to him at least until 12/15 when summer FAs can be traded.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I always said the only thing I care about off the court (if the product on the court is good) is violent crime.

I dunno. Mailman getting a 12 or 13 yr old pregnant is pretty bad too.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

Blessing in disguise he's out for the season then?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I dunno. Mailman getting a 12 or 13 yr old pregnant is pretty bad too.

Statutory rape I consider a violent crime. But I guess in some cases it isn't violent, so I get your point.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So I thought there was utility in keeping Boogie's 3.5m deal as salary ballast, but if he has a plea/conviction, would a team even want to touch him even if they had no long term plans for him? And that would mean the Lakers have to hold on to him at least until 12/15 when summer FAs can be traded.

Doubt it's an issue as long as Boogie never suited up for the new team.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

I'll say something a little controversial. Yeah, boogie shouldn't have said it. And yes it's a threat... But he also didn't actually do anything. They're just words. People say stupid stuff when they're pissed.

And depending on when he said this, he was probably already ticked off about the ACL the day after his birthday.

I'd personally be fine with giving him another shot (no pun intended) next year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

True. Just some teams just don't want the P.R.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
I'll say something a little controversial. Yeah, boogie shouldn't have said it. And yes it's a threat... But he also didn't actually do anything. They're just words. People say stupid stuff when they're pissed.

And depending on when he said this, he was probably already ticked off about the ACL the day after his birthday.

I'd personally be fine with giving him another shot (no pun intended) next year.

Right. But it's a terroristic threat.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Is that the actual quote? And is that the most explicit of quotes? Sorry, I didnt click the tmz link

Epak, I’m surprised. You’re usually caught up on Lakers current events. You got the “Dwite” reference from the other thread, right?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Wow. Great point. Like a bullet to the head of Lakers fans...
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Terroristic? It can be considered a criminal offense (that's for a judge or jury to decide)... but using the term "terroristic" is going too far! That's not how the word is intended to be used in the English language... i.e., the unlawful use violence and intimidation against a group of civilians in the pursuit of political aims.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Terroristic? It can be considered a criminal offense (that's for a judge or jury to decide)... but using the term "terroristic" is going too far! That's not how the word is intended to be used in the English language... i.e., the unlawful use violence and intimidation against a group of civilians in the pursuit of political aims.

No, it's also a legal term used in criminal law (I'm an attorney ).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

The guy can’t play and now this threat? He isn’t worth bringing back even if he kept his mouth shut. Rip Van Winkle effect, you must have been sleeping the past 3 years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

It’s time to see what Jeanie is made of.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Will Jeanie be able to take the negative P.R. or will she tell them to just waive him so the organization can close the books on the Cousins story?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It’s time to see what Jeanie is made of.

She ok'd Lance last year.

And Kidd is an assistant coach.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

Hmm. So if someone says something racist but just doesn’t do anything physical that’s alright with you? I mean, they’re just words, right??
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Will Jeanie be able to take the negative P.R. or will she tell them to just waive him so the organization can close the books on the Cousins story?

She didn't seem to mind Lance or Kidd's past violence against women. The transgression here seems fairly tame in comparison, of course PR outrage is often an illogical beast. I think he stays.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Did the Lakers waive Kobe when the Eagle, CO arrest warrant was issued? He was in the last year of his deal.

Lakers need to be careful and measured. The easy thing to do would be to wrap the organization up in the #metoo flag, waive Boogie and keep it moving.

The longterm blowback, however, must be considered:

1 - Is there any reason to ignore due process? Luke Walton (with the Kings) had serious allegations levied a few weeks ago, was allowed due process and still has his job. Why not Boogie?

2 - NBA Players are one big fraternity. If Boogie is waived and the case falls apart/disappears/goes away, how does that position us with potential FAs? Especially since there are posters here who insist that few people want to play with LBJ or for the FO? How does the narrative of "The Lakers didn't give Boogie a chance to defend himself before they cut him" help us?

3 - The current crime being alleged is a misdemeanor. What if it is determined that no actual misdemeanor was committed. We cut a guy for being rude to his ex? That is a horrible standard.

THE BENEFIT OF NOT RUSHING TO JUDGMENT:

You can always cut Boogie in a few weeks because you need his roster spot. The furor will have died down and potential FAs will understand the business side of competing for a title.

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

She didn't seem to mind Lance or Kidd's past violence against women. The transgression here seems fairly tame in comparison, of course PR outrage is often an illogical beast. I think he stays.

Kidd's past did cost him the HC job. For now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 59 of 69
Jump to: