KOBE interviewed at the US Open

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: KOBE interviewed at the US Open

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject:

KOBE

chill interview. kobe looks like he's having the time of his life
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

KOBE
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
KOBE

Yeah man.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
KOBE

Looks like he don’t miss playing at all.

Even though it’s enjoyable to watch a game here and there, I feel bad for those Big 3 guys trying to hang on to playing competitive ball.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
KOBE

Even though it’s enjoyable to watch a game here and there, I feel bad for those Big 3 guys trying to hang on to playing competitive ball.

I dunno. As long as they still love the game and have fun playing it, I think it's fine for those old guys to keep going. Past their prime boxers and MMAers, on the other hand, who are getting knocked TF out and accelerating their CTE are another story though.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
KOBE

It pays better than a regular job so they do it. Although most of those guys have other jobs and the Big 3 is more of a second job. Also some guys like Oden who fought off numerous injuries have no problems in the Big 3 since it shows they still have something left in the tank even though its only half court basketball.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
KOBE

Why man? If they still have fun playing might as well get paid something right?
Competition never stops being fun to those who love ball
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I really enjoy watching Kobe interviews in retirement. So much better than execute the excellence or challenge the will or whatever cliches he used to throw out there.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
I really enjoy watching Kobe interviews in retirement. So much better than execute the excellence or challenge the will or whatever cliches he used to throw out there.

He pretty much pissed all over everyone who trashed Phil as an executive in NY. He is a different dude to interview now. I love it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
KOBE

Why? They're still getting paid to play a game. They might not be among the 450 best players on the planet anymore but they can still bust 99.999 percent of us on a court.

Their version of old man game is better than just about anyone in their absolute prime.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

He pretty much pissed all over everyone who trashed Phil as an executive in NY. He is a different dude to interview now. I love it.

Phil was an abject failure as an executive, Kobe can’t white wash that.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

Phil was an abject failure as an executive, Kobe can’t white wash that.

No doubt he failed as Dolans executive
Doesn’t take away from his vision and genius for the game
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

Vision for a game was great, vision for a franchise was horrible.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

Simmons: The '08 Olympics -- one of my favorite games that nobody ever talks about. When USA beat Spain [for the gold medal], it got super tense in the last 10 minutes. Guys got tight. I call it the frozen face. And Kobe, to his credit, he's like: "I got this. I'm gonna take it." He went out and made a couple big shots and they won, but you need that guy.

Durant: In London, it was such a team environment it was scary. You got the biggest stars in the game in one room -- global brands -- and you got so much sacrifice. James Harden, he had just come off of Sixth Man of the Year and you seen that he was ready to take the next step, and he sat the bench. He didn't complain, he didn't mope around, he was like, "All right, we're gonna get this gold medal, 'cause at the end nobody gonna care who was the leading scorer on this team." Anthony Davis was there. He was a rookie, he soaked up everything, and look at him now. We had Kobe Bryant, who went games without shooting the ball. [Andre] Iguodala came off the bench, Tyson Chandler -- we had so many great players and we played against some good teams. We had some close games, but nobody cared who took the shots, nobody cared who was the leader. Everybody had a voice. It was like, "If we get this gold medal, then who cares?"
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Simmons: The '08 Olympics -- one of my favorite games that nobody ever talks about. When USA beat Spain [for the gold medal], it got super tense in the last 10 minutes. Guys got tight. I call it the frozen face. And Kobe, to his credit, he's like: "I got this. I'm gonna take it." He went out and made a couple big shots and they won, but you need that guy.

Durant: In London, it was such a team environment it was scary. You got the biggest stars in the game in one room -- global brands -- and you got so much sacrifice. James Harden, he had just come off of Sixth Man of the Year and you seen that he was ready to take the next step, and he sat the bench. He didn't complain, he didn't mope around, he was like, "All right, we're gonna get this gold medal, 'cause at the end nobody gonna care who was the leading scorer on this team." Anthony Davis was there. He was a rookie, he soaked up everything, and look at him now. We had Kobe Bryant, who went games without shooting the ball. [Andre] Iguodala came off the bench, Tyson Chandler -- we had so many great players and we played against some good teams. We had some close games, but nobody cared who took the shots, nobody cared who was the leader. Everybody had a voice. It was like, "If we get this gold medal, then who cares?"

Yep. 2008 against Spain. Everyone on the U.S. team looked shook, including “The King”. Kobe took over down the stretch at a time when people were already claiming LeBron was better Lol. Mamba closed the door on that garbage.
It was so easy to see who actually was the best. Still is.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
governator wrote:

Yep. 2008 against Spain. Everyone on the U.S. team looked shook, including “The King”. Kobe took over down the stretch at a time when people were already claiming LeBron was better Lol. Mamba closed the door on that garbage.

exactly 100%
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
governator wrote:

I remember this game. It wasn't even like Kobe went rogue and was screaming for the ball. Guys were just getting tight and saw he had that look in his eye and they kept giving him the ball.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

I remember this game. It wasn't even like Kobe went rogue and was screaming for the ball. Guys were just getting tight and saw he had that look in his eye and they kept giving him the ball.

I remember that, his greatest international moment I would say.

The other guys were choking vs. a very strong Spanish Team but the Mamba was Euro raised, he was not nervous and didn't tighten up.

similar to his act when Shaq "fouled out" in Indiana and they had to have it to win the first title.

KOBE
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: