OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Is it crazy to say Caruso is the better all around player compared to ball right now?

Of course lonzo is only 21.

DLaker wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Dude, Alex looks ripped like 2003 Kobe & LeBron.

https://twitter.com/LakeShowYo/status/1167895906630299649

Wouldn’t it be funny if Caruso and Kuz turned out to be better than Ball or Bi and we actually kept the best players in the AD trade.

Caruso has shown me that he has the Lonzo D and athletic skill and Kuz has the skill to match BI.

Yes, it is extremely crazy.

+1

And I love The Pope.

Yeah, let's appreciate Caruso for what he is but at no point will he ever come close to Lonzo. Nobody should expect that in the first place though. It's awesome to see him put in the extra work and I hope he forces the staff to give him Rondo's minutes because he isn't getting a healthy Bradley's minutes imo.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Is it crazy to say Caruso is the better all around player compared to ball right now?

DLaker wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

Wouldn’t it be funny if Caruso and Kuz turned out to be better than Ball or Bi and we actually kept the best players in the AD trade.

Caruso has shown me that he has the Lonzo D and athletic skill and Kuz has the skill to match BI.

+1

And I love The Pope.

Yeah, let's appreciate Caruso for what he is but at no point will he ever come close to Lonzo. Nobody should expect that in the first place though. It's awesome to see him put in the extra work and I hope he forces the staff to give him Rondo's minutes because he isn't getting a healthy Bradley's minutes imo.

That is, of course, assuming that Lonzo ever learns how to shoot. Caruso can be BETTER than the Lonzo who shoots 41.7% from the free throw line and 32.9% from the 3-pt line.

--Anonymous
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
It'd be nice to see if the 25-year-old 2nd year player entering his prime who was a good team defender and showed offensive flashes as a rookie - and who then improved in year two playing his heart out when given an opportunity - might be a better minutes investment than the older guys who have demonstrated clear patterns of decline over the past few seasons.

Just a thought.

Yeah, funny all the names we have on this roster, yet Caruso is one of my favorite players, and has been for quite some time now. I hope AC picks up right were he left off offensively last season. On defense, we know what we're getting; a smart guy who scraps and hustles every possession.

+1
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

Caruso should get a chance but I think we should not expect him to be a 28-30 minutes a player starter on a championship level team. I mean it would be amazing if he could be, and I certainly want him to become that, but I can not just assume he will fill in that role.

I like that he has 3 point shot, he brings energy on defense and is young giving us something different at point. However if you look at any other NBA playoff level team, they would not select Caruso to be their starting point guard. In LA, it is more like a starting shooting guard that defends point guards, because Lebron will be the likely point guard on offense. I think it is anyone's guess who gets the most minutes at PG between Rondo, Caruso, Cook, Bradley. It will likely be the position and role that Frank has to do the most experimenting in preseason and in practices to see who is performing best and fits in best.

My gut says to try Caruso or Bradley with the starters. See who fits better and is more capable. And then utilize Rondo when Lebron sits. Cook should be brought in when the team is facing opposition that have really clamped in their defense on Lebron and AD. Meaning there could be holes in the defense you could pick apart with 3 point shots.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

Anyone see Caruso’s IG video. Dude is ripped!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Caruso should get a chance but I think we should not expect him to be a 28-30 minutes a player starter on a championship level team. I mean it would be amazing if he could be, and I certainly want him to become that, but I can not just assume he will fill in that role.

I like that he has 3 point shot, he brings energy on defense and is young giving us something different at point. However if you look at any other NBA playoff level team, they would not select Caruso to be their starting point guard. In LA, it is more like a starting shooting guard that defends point guards, because Lebron will be the likely point guard on offense. I think it is anyone's guess who gets the most minutes at PG between Rondo, Caruso, Cook, Bradley. It will likely be the position and role that Frank has to do the most experimenting in preseason and in practices to see who is performing best and fits in best.

My gut says to try Caruso or Bradley with the starters. See who fits better and is more capable. And then utilize Rondo when Lebron sits. Cook should be brought in when the team is facing opposition that have really clamped in their defense on Lebron and AD. Meaning there could be holes in the defense you could pick apart with 3 point shots.

It's a different era, but excluding clutchness, would you rather start Fisher or Caruso alongside Kobe during the regular season? Hypothetically?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

It's a different era, but excluding clutchness, would you rather start Fisher or Caruso alongside Kobe during the regular season? Hypothetically?

I think their results playing together says it all
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
hype wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

DLaker wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:

+1

And I love The Pope.

That is, of course, assuming that Lonzo ever learns how to shoot. Caruso can be BETTER than the Lonzo who shoots 41.7% from the free throw line and 32.9% from the 3-pt line.

But he’ll never be better in transition or on defense. Not even close
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Rondo isn’t that player and from what we have seen lately, neither is Bradley. None have shown in the last few years that they deserve big minutes on a championship team.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
hype wrote:

So? We weren't talking about one or two aspects of the game--we were talking who would be the better OVERALL player. If Lonzo doesn't make significant improvement, Caruso could be the better player. Admittedly, Lonzo has more potential than Caruso. Lonzo could even be an all-star almost every year. I doubt Caruso will ever be one (although I would love to proven wrong on this). Right now, however, I am not sure that Lonzo will have a longer career than Caruso. Lonzo needs to shoot better and stay off the injured list.

--Anonymous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
hype wrote:

So? We weren't talking about one or two aspects of the game--we were talking who would be the better OVERALL player. If Lonzo doesn't make significant improvement, Caruso could be the better player. Admittedly, Lonzo has more potential than Caruso. Lonzo could even be an all-star almost every year. I doubt Caruso will ever be one (although I would love to proven wrong on this). Right now, however, I am not sure that Lonzo will have a longer career than Caruso. Lonzo needs to shoot better and stay off the injured list.

Lol. So??
Defense is pretty darn important
As is the ability to dictate a team’s play style and tempo
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

Both become much less important when the player--the point guard no less-- is shooting 41.7% from the free throw line. Lonzo was 20 percentage points below just being "bad". His RPM indicated that what he brought defensively (+1.29) was completely lost by how much he messed up the team on offense (-1.61).

I get it. Everyone wanted the hometown player to be great. He has fans. Hopefully, it will work out for him. Objectively, however, Lonzo has a lot of work to do.

Caruso--we ought to include him since this is his thread--had a better RPM than Lonzo did last year. He was -0.71 (offensive) and 0.77 (defensive).

--Anonymous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

Both become much less important when the player--the point guard no less-- is shooting 41.7% from the free throw line. Lonzo was 20 percentage points below just being "bad". His RPM indicated that what he brought defensively (+1.29) was completely lost by how much he messed up the team on offense (-1.61).

I get it. Everyone wanted the hometown player to be great. He has fans. Hopefully, it will work out for him. Objectively, however, Lonzo has a lot of work to do.

Caruso--we ought to include him since this is his thread--had a better RPM than Lonzo did last year. He was -0.71 (offensive) and 0.77 (defensive).

Cool. You take Caruso for the remainder of his career. I’ll happily roll with Lonzo Ball.
And Lonzo was not allowed to show his value on offense because LeBron completely took the ball out of his hands, negating the thing he does best. So those numbers are less than compelling.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

Cool. You take Caruso for the remainder of his career. I’ll happily roll with Lonzo Ball.

That is not what I said. When one can't argue facts, one way out is to try to misconstrue the discussion. As I stated earlier, Lonzo has a lot more potential. He could become a consistent all-star. Right now, however, Lonzo is not very good. It remains to be seen what happens in a year or two.

--Anonymous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

That is not what I said. When one can't argue facts, one way out is to try to misconstrue the discussion. As I stated earlier, Lonzo has a lot more potential. He could become a consistent all-star. Right now, however, Lonzo is not very good. It remains to be seen what happens in a year or two.

I did argue the facts you presented. But you cut out that little bit.
When one can’t retort properly, one way out is to cherry pick the argument and then claim victory
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Caruso because of his size should get a good chance to guard the great PGs in the league. Avery seems to be the only other PG who can possibly keep up.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

When one can’t retort properly, one way out is to cherry pick the argument and then claim victory

What? This??

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
hype wrote:

Not much there.

--Anonymous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

What? This??

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
hype wrote:

Not much there.

Nope. The sentence after I said I’d “happily roll with Lonzo Ball”. C’mon man. I think you probably know which of my words you erased. Sheesh
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

And Lonzo was not allowed to show his value on offense because LeBron completely took the ball out of his hands, negating the thing he does best. So those numbers are less than compelling.

Here you go. I absolutely tried making an argument against the facts you presented. Why say I didn’t? Lame.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

It baffles me how people think so highly of Lonzo.. Why is he being compared to Caruso? Caruso is miles ahead offensively, and that on its own puts him ahead as a player.

Lonzo literally misses wide open layups as a professional player. Just stop please, dude is a massive bust.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

Here you go. I absolutely tried making an argument against the facts you presented. Why say I didn’t. Lame

That last sentence was added later after I did a quote and before I hit submit. Trying to accuse me of deleting your stuff when you know you changed the original is pretty low.

--Anonymous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

Here you go. I absolutely tried making an argument against the facts you presented. Why say I didn’t. Lame

That last sentence was added later after I did a quote and before I hit submit. Trying to accuse me of deleting your stuff when you know you changed the original is pretty low.

It was just a miscommunication then. I added that part right after I submitted my comment. I didn’t realize you hadn’t seen it. That’s my bad.
I was wondering why you were pretending I hadn’t really said what I said Lol
I can assure you I am not arguing in bad faith
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

It was just a miscommunication then. I added that part right after I submitted my comment. I didn’t realize you hadn’t seen it. That’s my bad.

Right.

--Anonymous
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Lol. So??

Right.

Is that sarcasm, or do you trust what I just said? Cause that was maybe a couple of seconds of bad timing that resulted in my confusion
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Is that sarcasm, or do you trust what I just said? Cause that was maybe a couple of seconds of bad timing that resulted in my confusion

I trust what you are saying. If you were really trying to scam anybody you would not have come up with the solution on how the mistake between the two of us was made.

--Anonymous
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 45 of 132
Jump to: