Is Andre Iquodala to Lakers the last addition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
GSW had to give up a 1st rounder just to "dump" Iggy onto Memphis but now he's suddenly a hot asset worth a 1st rounder??
my guess is no teams follows through with a package that Memphis is stubbornly waiting on

Your point is a bit apples and oranges.

Basically, GSW had to buy cap space to sign DLO. The cost of that cap space was Iggy and a 1st round pick. If GSW was willing to take back matching salary, they would have gotten an asset for him. So this was less about dumping Iggy than gaining cap space, which can be very expensive.

That situation is different than what Memphis is doing now. Memphis will have to take back matching salary, so a team that wants Iggy from them will have to pay with something other than cap space. They are biding their time and seeing what he's worth. Ultimately, they might have to take less, but there isn't any reason for them to rush.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
GSW had to give up a 1st rounder just to "dump" Iggy onto Memphis but now he's suddenly a hot asset worth a 1st rounder??
my guess is no teams follows through with a package that Memphis is stubbornly waiting on

Basically, GSW had to buy cap space to sign DLO. The cost of that cap space was Iggy and a 1st round pick. If GSW was willing to take back matching salary, they would have gotten an asset for him. So this was less about dumping Iggy than gaining cap space, which can be very expensive.

That situation is different than what Memphis is doing now. Memphis will have to take back matching salary, so a team that wants Iggy from them will have to pay with something other than cap space. They are biding their time and seeing what he's worth. Ultimately, they might have to take less, but there isn't any reason for them to rush.

Right.

If Memphis buys Iggy out...it's like buying a low first rounder for 17 million.

Iggy is gonna be forced to play for the Grizzlies.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
activeverb wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Right.

If Memphis buys Iggy out...it's like buying a low first rounder for 17 million.

If the buyout would go somewhat close to expectations, then the cost to Memphis for that first would be a few million less than $17 million.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

We are gonna sign Melo.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
it would then be up to Iggy to concede a good amount of salary for a buyout.

Not now but potentially at the trade deadline
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

I find all the melodrama over Iggy's right to be free overdone myself.

The guy already has his three rings. He's a good player, but it's not like he's some legend.

Players get traded all the time to places that isn't their preference. It's simply the nature of the NBA. I have a hard time getting worked up over the idea of poor Iggy before "forced" to play for the Grizzles to pick up his measley little $17 million paycheck.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Ditto. I'd prefer if Rob managed to work a deal for Stanley Johnson with the Raptors in the winter. I might willingly part with THT to make it happen, since we are fully in win-now mode and he probably won't be ready to play meaningful minutes for another 1-2-3 years (nobody really knows how many). RHJ could be the next choice if we can't do a deal for Johnson. The Raptors won't need both on their roster when OG Anunoby is healthy.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Ditto. I'd prefer if Rob managed to work a deal for Stanley Johnson with the Raptors in the winter. I'd be willing to part with THT to make it happen, since we are fully in win-now mode and he probably won't be ready to play meaningful minutes for another 1-2-3 years (nobody really knows how many). RHJ could be the next choice if we can't do a deal for Johnson. The Raptors won't need both on their roster when OG Anunoby is healthy.

I'm not sure we need either of those guys in particular. For me it's more a wait and see until later in the season how our roster is performing and if we need to make any changes.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Ditto. I'd prefer if Rob managed to work a deal for Stanley Johnson with the Raptors in the winter. I'd be willing to part with THT to make it happen, since we are fully in win-now mode and he probably won't be ready to play meaningful minutes for another 1-2-3 years (nobody really knows how many). RHJ could be the next choice if we can't do a deal for Johnson. The Raptors won't need both on their roster when OG Anunoby is healthy.

I'm not sure we need either of those guys in particular.

Well, Johnson would probably be the only player on the squad capable of limiting Kawaii over a whole playoff series. Worth taking a shot at IMO, and especially on a $3.6m salary.

I think it will be nice to have the option of using this closing lineup against the darn Dippers in the playoffs: Bradley, Green, Johnson, LeGramps, AD.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I'd be fine with taking a flyer on a player like Johnson. I'm all for players that make up for some of their weaknesses by leaving it all out on the court every game.

However, I think overall the roster needs to just play and see how things go with developing chemistry and whether or not larger wing players are able to exploit our group regularly. Even though most of us recognize that as a potential problem area, we also have a pretty deep lineup already. Anyone that gets added with the intention of getting real PT is just going to knock someone else out of the rotation and potentially disgruntled, etc. And frankly, a healthy KD and the likes of Kawhi and PG13 are frequently having their way against all comers regardless.

I'd rather see how guys like Bron, Kuz, Dudley and Green do collectively on the defensive end and then make adjustments down the road as needed. I understand that the first 3 all slot best as 4's these days, hence the concerns. But, given the current talent and lack of strong options left on the market, I'd prefer that we take the patient approach while keeping that roster spot open. Every season always ends up with some unexpected players getting bought out after a trade or something similar.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:

I think it will be nice to have the option of using this closing lineup against the darn Dippers in the playoffs: Bradley, Green, Johnson, LeGramps, AD.

Well, the Raptors signed Johnson as a free agent just a month ago, so I wouldn't assume he's on the block. Also don't know if they have any interest in THT.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Agreed. Memphis is better served to keep Iggy around anyways for a young rebuilding team to learn from. The lessons learned probably would be worth the cost of his contract for as long as they keep him if it expedites their rebuild process.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Why is everyone in this thread talking about Iggy? I thought we were talking about Iqqy? (See thread title)

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Dagnabit Andre! How could you do this to me?!

(if you haven’t heard what I’m referring to is the fact that he’s apparently going to sign with the Paperclips tomorrow)
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

(if you haven’t heard what I’m referring to is the fact that he’s apparently going to sign with the Paperclips tomorrow)

He’s not signing there. He’s getting traded there for Mo Harkless (60 day eligibility) which is a lateral swap at best.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
TDRock wrote:

He’s not signing there. He’s getting traded there for Mo Harkless (60 day eligibility) which is a lateral swap at best.

Yes I know that's technically how its happening but I love Andre, so still

How Could He Do This To MEEEEE
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Is it confirmed? I thought it was just a rumor...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
TDRock wrote:

rumored and while its not a huge upgrade, it's another elite defender to add to their already 3 elite defenders: Kawhi, PG, Beverly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

Man, sucks if the Clips get him. Honestly, would rather have Mo as a trade asset or long term player as he is much younger (26).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, sucks if the Clips get him. Honestly, would rather have Mo as a trade asset or long term player as he is much younger (26).

Damn tho, Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG-AI can shut perimeter down
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

In the playoffs that would be no Bueno for us.
KobeStark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Except not a single one of them can guard AD
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

KobeStark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is true. But they would also have 3 guys who could help slow down LBJ in KL/PG/Iggy.
KobeStark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeStark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is true. But they would also have 3 guys who could help slow down LBJ in KL/PG/Iggy.

I don’t think this team will be that reliant on LBJ this season. There’s a lot more shooters this time around and people that can somewhat cover Kawhi/PG in Bradley/Green/Dudley/KCP/Cook/THT/Kostas (basically throw multiple defenders at them). If Montrezl is stuck guarding Dwight/Javale, who in their team will guard AD in the playoffs when play slows down?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: