Is Andre Iquodala to Lakers the last addition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

KobeStark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeStark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, sucks if the Clips get him. Honestly, would rather have Mo as a trade asset or long term player as he is much younger (26).

Damn tho, Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG-AI can shut perimeter down

In the playoffs that would be no Bueno for us.

Except not a single one of them can guard AD

This is true. But they would also have 3 guys who could help slow down LBJ in KL/PG/Iggy.

I don’t think this team will be that reliant on LBJ this season. There’s a lot more shooters this time around and people that can somewhat cover Kawhi/PG in Bradley/Green/Dudley/KCP/Cook/THT/Kostas (basically throw multiple defenders at them). If Montrezl is stuck guarding Dwight/Javale, who in their team will guard AD in the playoffs when play slows down?

Not that reliant on the “Best Player in the World”??
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

KobeStark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeStark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, sucks if the Clips get him. Honestly, would rather have Mo as a trade asset or long term player as he is much younger (26).

Damn tho, Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG-AI can shut perimeter down

In the playoffs that would be no Bueno for us.

Except not a single one of them can guard AD

This is true. But they would also have 3 guys who could help slow down LBJ in KL/PG/Iggy.

I don’t think this team will be that reliant on LBJ this season. There’s a lot more shooters this time around and people that can somewhat cover Kawhi/PG in Bradley/Green/Dudley/KCP/Cook/THT/Kostas (basically throw multiple defenders at them). If Montrezl is stuck guarding Dwight/Javale, who in their team will guard AD in the playoffs when play slows down?

The team will heavily rely on Lebron.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Clippers making more money moves. Doesn't matter if they don't have a matchup for AD. They are significantly better on perimeter offense and defense.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Clippers making more money moves. Doesn't matter if they don't have a matchup for AD. They are significantly better on perimeter offense and defense.

I agree. Hate to say it but, I just know that if things can go wrong for the Lakers this year, they will. I expect it’s a take a while for the chemistry, and also there will be injuries.

I think it’s going to be a upsetting year for Laker fans, and a pretty good one for the clipper fans here.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

Cardi, is that you?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

I agree. Hate to say it but, I just know that if things can go wrong for the Lakers this year, they will. I expect it’s a take a while for the chemistry, and also there will be injuries.

I think it’s going to be a upsetting year for Laker fans, and a pretty good one for the clipper fans here.

What the frack?

I rebuke this.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. He rebukes it
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

I don’t want to be a negative Nancy, and I’ll be quiet about it. But, it just feels like I’ve seen this movie before.

We got a dope team, and I’ll be watching every game. But privately, I’m preparing for unexpected setbacks, and for the clippers to evade injury all season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

I don’t want to be a negative Nancy, and I’ll be quiet about it. But, it just feels like I’ve seen this movie before.

We got a dope team, and I’ll be watching every game. But privately, I’m preparing for unexpected setbacks, and for the clippers to evade injury all season.

Clippers are the 1’s who have a history of being cursed with unexpected setbacks and now there all of sudden gonna turn that around? I doubt it.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

Clippers are the 1’s who have a history of being cursed with unexpected setbacks and now there all of sudden gonna turn that around? I doubt it.

Yep, those Warriors up in Golden State sure had a great postseason history too before Steph and Klay showed up Lol
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

Yep, those Warriors up in Golden State sure had a great postseason history too before Steph and Klay showed up Lol

There will not be another Curry and Klay for a few decades, the Warriors got a diamond in the rough but the Clippers are a different animal, nothing ever goes right for them and sure there is a good chance they make a run at the finals but there is also a road block and that is the eventual Clippers doing what they always do which is falling apart when it counts.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

There will not be another Curry and Klay for a few decades, the Warriors got a diamond in the rough but the Clippers are a different animal, nothing ever goes right for them and sure there is a good chance they make a run at the finals but there is also a road block and that is the eventual Clippers doing what they always do which is falling apart when it counts.

Well, I certainly hope so. Clippers can get bent.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is true.

Go Lakers, gonna be a fun season, got to stay positive.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Ownership changes make a huge difference. They haven't been the same since last time. Ballmer is a dynamic driven wealthy owner. Just the type to change the Clips fortunes.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:
Ownership changes make a huge difference. They haven't been the same since last time. Ballmer is a dynamic driven wealthy owner. Just the type to change the Clips fortunes.

Like Cuban with the Mavericks.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

It's b/c the team has had a 6 year run of bad luck that I finally feel we are turning the corner. Magic may have been our Jonah that needed to be tossed from the ship.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is true.

Yup. The Clips are basically the poster child for bad luck in the NBA. If they are in for a good season, why can't one of the most winningest franchises in sports history not be in for a great season?

Keep the hope. LBJ/AD represent our present, and I do think AD will be our great building block for the future.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is true.

Yup. The Clips are basically the poster child for bad luck in the NBA. If they are in for a good season, why can't one of the most winningest franchises in sports history not be in for a great season?

Because what happens with the Clippers has nothing to do with this Laker
squad
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

There won’t be another Dr. Jerry Buss in a long time. The Lakers have struggled without him. I don’t know about the Clippers but the Lakers have underachieved under current management, shooting themselves in the foot. Can the unbalanced talent on the court overcome that?
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

The podcast host who said first stated this rumor has come back stating his source was wrong and he misheard September as September 3rd. People are calling him RDA and many have said this is all a ploy to self promote their podcast for more listeners/followers. What a clown.

https://twitter.com/laclipcast/status/1169100878021681152?s=21
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
The podcast host who said first stated this rumor has come back stating his source was wrong and he misheard September as September 3rd. People are calling him RDA and many have said this is all a ploy to self promote their podcast for more listeners/followers. What a clown.

https://twitter.com/laclipcast/status/1169100878021681152?s=21

The clowns are the people that believed a 5th rate host of a podcast nobody has ever heard of was breaking a major story. Some never learn.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

There won’t be another Dr. Jerry Buss in a long time. The Lakers have struggled without him. I don’t know about the Clippers but the Lakers have underachieved under current management, shooting themselves in the foot. Can the unbalanced talent on the court overcome that?

Part of the reason they've struggled is the moves they made to try and get him one last championship while Dr. Buss was on his deathbed.

The Nash trade was a disaster and the Howard trade an abject failure. It's doubtful that either deal would've been made had the organization not been under the gun of trying to beat Dr. Buss' impending death.

The assets lost - Bynum, four 1st rounders (later downgraded to two 1sts and two 2nds) - were significant to an aging team, especially when coupled with some other capspace freeing moves (Sasha and a 2011 1st to NJ, Fisher and a 2014 1st to Houston, Walton, a 2012 1st and a 2013 1st to Cleveland).

The Lakers knew they were rolling the dice . . . and they crapped out.

Subsequent moves (the Kobe contract, etc.) were them playing out their doomsday scenario (i.e., wait for capspace since we are old and have no picks). The MozDeng signings were just a lack of discipline and a loss of patience on Mitch/Jim's part and further set us back.

As much as I've banged on James Hatten Buss - and as much as others have kicked at Jeanie Marie Buss - the real culprit of the past 6 years of futility was Jerry Buss' failing kidneys.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

Clippers have shown to be a pretty tight lipped franchise. If we hear anything about them, it's unlikely to come from them as a source.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

What the frack?

I rebuke this.

Part of the reason they've struggled is the moves they made to try and get him one last championship while Dr. Buss was on his deathbed.

The Nash trade was a disaster and the Howard trade an abject failure. It's doubtful that either deal would've been made had the organization not been under the gun of trying to beat Dr. Buss' impending death.

The assets lost - Bynum, four 1st rounders (later downgraded to two 1sts and two 2nds) - were significant to an aging team, especially when coupled with some other capspace freeing moves (Sasha and a 2011 1st to NJ, Fisher and a 2014 1st to Houston, Walton, a 2012 1st and a 2013 1st to Cleveland).

The Lakers knew they were rolling the dice . . . and they crapped out.

Subsequent moves (the Kobe contract, etc.) were them playing out their doomsday scenario (i.e., wait for capspace since we are old and have no picks). The MozDeng signings were just a lack of discipline and a loss of patience on Mitch/Jim's part and further set us back.

As much as I've banged on James Hatten Buss - and as much as others have kicked at Jeanie Marie Buss - the real culprit of the past 6 years of futility was Jerry Buss' failing kidneys.

Well spoken but seems like an oversimplification, at best.
Most pundits had that Nash-Howard Laker team as a favorite to go to the Finals that year. Steve Nash busted his leg in like the 2nd game of the season and it was just downhill from there. If it makes sense to trade away future capital to maximize the twilight of LeBron’s career now, then the moves to capitalize on Kobe’s last years should be held to the same standard today.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: