Jared Dudley 1 year $2.6m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 721
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
I am not really sure he will be able to help on the court but he can be really important for us as a leader and veteran guy from the bench. It is good to have guys like this.

In another thread, individuals called RPM the gold standard of the modern metrics. RPM has Dudley ranked as the 28th best sf in the league in 2018-19. (link) Why do you think Dudley may not be able to help on the court?
He's a solid team defender but I don't think he can check other SF (Kawhi/PG) himself. He does know how to get under people's skin though and he will be a solid presence in the locker room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11332

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
I am not really sure he will be able to help on the court but he can be really important for us as a leader and veteran guy from the bench. It is good to have guys like this.

In another thread, individuals called RPM the gold standard of the modern metrics. RPM has Dudley ranked as the 28th best sf in the league in 2018-19. (link) Why do you think Dudley may not be able to help on the court?
He's a solid team defender but I don't think he can check other SF (Kawhi/PG) himself. He does know how to get under people's skin though and he will be a solid presence in the locker room.

I think he can do okay in limited spurts against elite wings and would be a necessary body to throw on a player like Kawhi to give Lebron some relief.
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5315
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

What's the over/under on games Dudley plays in this year? 50 games? I think he is this year's Corey Brewer for the Lakers. I doubt he gets 1000 minutes for the season.
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: Let's do this...the Lakers are back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35597

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
What's the over/under on games Dudley plays in this year? 50 games? I think he is this year's Corey Brewer for the Lakers. I doubt he gets 1000 minutes for the season.


Pretty much
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 3675
Location: SFV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
What's the over/under on games Dudley plays in this year? 50 games? I think he is this year's Corey Brewer for the Lakers. I doubt he gets 1000 minutes for the season.


he’ll get more time on bro/manssiere infomercials.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
la4win
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2010
Posts: 1830

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Going to be a fun season...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NINg8S_lYY


Needed him the day Raja Bell clotheslined Kobe. There would have been a brawl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3213

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
chekmatex4 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
I am not really sure he will be able to help on the court but he can be really important for us as a leader and veteran guy from the bench. It is good to have guys like this.

In another thread, individuals called RPM the gold standard of the modern metrics. RPM has Dudley ranked as the 28th best sf in the league in 2018-19. (link) Why do you think Dudley may not be able to help on the court?
He's a solid team defender but I don't think he can check other SF (Kawhi/PG) himself. He does know how to get under people's skin though and he will be a solid presence in the locker room.

I think he can do okay in limited spurts against elite wings and would be a necessary body to throw on a player like Kawhi to give Lebron some relief.
I have no expectation that Dudley will be able to check Kawhi or PG himself. I don't expect any backup sf in the league to be able to do this. Rather, I hope Dudley is one of the best backup small forwards in the league (with 30 teams a top 40 ranking is fine). If he is able to come in at 28th again in 2019-2020, that would be extraordinary (once again considering that there are 30 teams). He wasn't signed to be a star--he was signed to be a somewhat respectable presence on the court when Lebron is resting or otherwise out.
_________________
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. --Mark Twain

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 31399

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

If he punches Patrick Beverly in the balls he will have earned his pay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 10065
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
If he punches Patrick Beverly in the balls he will have earned his pay


this one made me laugh, hopefully Dudley is our "instigator", the guy who goes and and pushes the buttons on the other teams stars and if he gets thrown out doing it, oh well...

Hey can hit the showers early and get some Marie Callendars Key Lime Pie...!
_________________
What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5315
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Rick Fox 2.0??
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: Let's do this...the Lakers are back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 3675
Location: SFV

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Rick Fox 2.0??


he’s not even rick’s toenail clippings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 12666

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Rick Fox 2.0??


he’s not even rick’s toenail clippings.


Dudley and Fox were very similar players. Fox was better looking . . . Dudley the better shooter . . . but similar game/roles/impact.
_________________
Maginka is doing a good job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35597

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jared Dudley was a free agent signing by the Los Angeles Lakers that has largely flown under the radar but could have a significant impact as the 2019-20 NBA season unfolds.


https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/09/02/los-angeles-lakers-4-ways-jared-dudley-underrated-role-player/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133878
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Rick Fox 2.0??


Rick Fox 0.001
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 45219

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Rick Fox 2.0??


Rick Fox 0.001



_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 414

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Rick Fox 2.0??


he’s not even rick’s toenail clippings.


Dudley and Fox were very similar players. Fox was better looking . . . Dudley the better shooter . . . but similar game/roles/impact.


Dudley has never flashed the lockdown defense Rick put on Peja in 2000-2001
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11332

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I think Dudley is being slept on. He can provide some strong spurts off the bench. I also recall seeing some metrics that showed he had some pretty strong defensive outings last season against an array of top players from centers to wings.
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35597

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I think Dudley is being slept on. He can provide some strong spurts off the bench. I also recall seeing some metrics that showed he had some pretty strong defensive outings last season against an array of top players from centers to wings.


He is smart, heady & a good teammate. Plus he definitely has entertainment value.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 22302

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

The disrespect this man is getting is a shame.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 414

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The disrespect this man is getting is a shame.


His face is too big for his head. And his head is too big for his body 🤷‍♂️
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 22302

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The disrespect this man is getting is a shame.


His face is too big for his head. And his head is too big for his body 🤷‍♂️

That's fine, feel free to make fun of the goofy (bleep)'s appearance all you want. But the disrespect for his game is lame ignorance.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 12854

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Rick Fox 2.0??


he’s not even rick’s toenail clippings.


Dudley and Fox were very similar players. Fox was better looking . . . Dudley the better shooter . . . but similar game/roles/impact.


Dudley has never flashed the lockdown defense Rick put on Peja in 2000-2001


Peja played in the wrong era, he'd be near max right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104323

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The disrespect this man is getting is a shame.


He's going to be a solid role player for us and will be a great locker room guy.

Dudley is widely credited for helping Giannis improve his game when he was there on the Bucks. He also has a great rep around the league too.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 414

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The disrespect this man is getting is a shame.


His face is too big for his head. And his head is too big for his body 🤷‍♂️

That's fine, feel free to make fun of the goofy (bleep)'s appearance all you want. But the disrespect for his game is lame ignorance.


Oh, he’s gonna be great off the bench for us. I don’t doubt that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28267
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakeShowWorld/status/1173395630611263488

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB