THANK YOU DANNY GREEN (Traded to Philadelphia, from OKC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:52 am    Post subject:

Comparing Bradley to Fish is silly. The real question is whether Bradley's defense is as good as Byron's fave aka The Head of the Snake, Ronnie Price.

But anyway, maybe we should get back to discussing Danny Green. Is Danny's defense as good as Price's and Fish's?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
If Bradley only gets to Fisher level defense it's def. a pretty huge letdown for me personally at least. Fisher had a very high iq which made him an ok defender at times but he was never remotely close to making an all defensive team, especially later in his career where he was legit awful.

Bradley has the high iq as well as a significant athletic upgrade.. As long as he stays healthy and in shape I see no way he wont be far and away the best defensive pg we have.

I think that even if he isn't in shape he will be the best defensive PG we have, there isn't much competition.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Here is an impressive collection of DG highlights last season.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
hype wrote:
If Bradley only gets to Fisher level defense it's def. a pretty huge letdown for me personally at least. Fisher had a very high iq which made him an ok defender at times but he was never remotely close to making an all defensive team, especially later in his career where he was legit awful.

Bradley has the high iq as well as a significant athletic upgrade.. As long as he stays healthy and in shape I see no way he wont be far and away the best defensive pg we have.

I think that even if he isn't in shape he will be the best defensive PG we have, there isn't much competition.

I think Caruso plays pretty active defense, but it has mostly been against second unit PGs. I have to wait and see what Alex does against starting level PGs. I definitely lean towards starting Alex or Avery, at least in preseason, and seeing how it goes. Hope Frank tries a few games with Alex, and a few with Avery. Same in practice. Rondo IMO should be our floor general when Lebron sits. He can fill that role.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Comparing Bradley to Fish is silly. The real question is whether Bradley's defense is as good as Byron's fave aka The Head of the Snake, Ronnie Price.

But anyway, maybe we should get back to discussing Danny Green. Is Danny's defense as good as Price's and Fish's?

Derek Fisher was not a good NBA player. He was subpar in nearly every metric. We won DESPITE his subpar play.

A lot of people and fans these days didn't even watch Fish play. He was overall a BAD NBA player.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

Fisher was pretty darn good his first 2-3 years in the league before the knee/leg injury. After that, his defense was sub-par the rest of his career. Fisher was valuable because he had Kobe's ear, something Kobe didn't have for Shaq was respect. Fisher was a great situational perimeter shooter. You left him open in clutch moments at your peril. Not a great driver, Kobe was the better passer, he was just a good cog and cohesive piece. But we often won in spite of PG deficiencies, lack of PF in the Shaq era, and lack of a SF in the Gasol era.

Green will be fine, good defensive player. Bradley I think will be more like his Boston days and will make a solid defensive backcourt. Cook will be a good offensive spark plug, especially at the start of 2nd and 4th quarters. Rondo more of a second team distributor, and Caruso likely filling the deep bench minutes and injury replacement role.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Fisher was pretty darn good his first 2-3 years in the league before the knee/leg injury. After that, his defense was sub-par the rest of his career. Fisher was valuable because he had Kobe's ear, something Kobe didn't have for Shaq was respect. Fisher was a great situational perimeter shooter. You left him open in clutch moments at your peril. Not a great driver, Kobe was the better passer, he was just a good cog and cohesive piece. But we often won in spite of PG deficiencies, lack of PF in the Shaq era, and lack of a SF in the Gasol era.

Green will be fine, good defensive player. Bradley I think will be more like his Boston days and will make a solid defensive backcourt. Cook will be a good offensive spark plug, especially at the start of 2nd and 4th quarters. Rondo more of a second team distributor, and Caruso likely filling the deep bench minutes and injury replacement role.

lol! 2-3 years???

this is some ridiculous way to describe fisher's career. what about that run through the spurs where he hit like 18/20 threes? that was WAAAY after 3 years into league.
VincentTH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

lol! 2-3 years???

this is some ridiculous way to describe fisher's career. what about that run through the spurs where he hit like 18/20 threes? that was WAAAY after 3 years into league.

Not to mention .06
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

VincentTH wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

lol! 2-3 years???

Not to mention .06

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vr17LcoYI5I

Danny Green’s shot looks effortless, he might end up shooting 50% from the 3pt line this season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

The work out video is new and Green seems poised to have a big season.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

lol! 2-3 years???

I think it was 15-20 threes in that 4 game sweep. And that was when the 3 mattered even more cause teams weren’t jacking up 30 to 40 a game.
God, it was fun to watch that Laker team demolish San Antonio
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

AD, recharged LBJ, and Green are the 3 guys I'm most interested in seeing this year. Green as one of the best 3/D guys will be a godsend to us.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AD, recharged LBJ, and Green are the 3 guys I'm most interested in seeing this year. Green as one of the best 3/D guys will be a godsend to us.

I keep thinking but we are very very lucky Green didn’t decide to go back to TOR or head to the Mavs, he is such a pure fit, Green is a championship level role player so we know we are gonna get consistency from him. I’m more interested in seeing guys who are trying to find there niche... D39...Kuzma...Bradley.. etc.
RJ_LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

What the heck is .06?

VincentTH wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

lol! 2-3 years???

Not to mention .06
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

RJ_LA wrote:
What the heck is .06?

VincentTH wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

lol! 2-3 years???

Not to mention .06

He meant .04 😆
Derek’s game winner against the Spurs
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
RJ_LA wrote:
What the heck is .06?

VincentTH wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

lol! 2-3 years???

Not to mention .06

He meant .04 😆

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I’ve been a DG fan for a long time. There is only one thing that scares me and even though I am not superstitious, I will not put it in print.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I’ve been a DG fan for a long time. There is only one thing that scares me and even though I am not superstitious, I will not put it in print.

The only thing that will scare us is a injury to Danny Green so what’s the secret? He’s not gonna be causing issues since he is a well respected person.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

You can put it in zeroes and ones
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Aww, F-en aye man don't leave us hanging.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vr17LcoYI5I

Danny Green’s shot looks effortless, he might end up shooting 50% from the 3pt line this season.

That video was sick!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakeShowWorld/status/1169709047655780352

Making it rain from the 3pt line 🌧
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
RJ_LA wrote:
What the heck is .06?

VincentTH wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

lol! 2-3 years???

Not to mention .06

He meant .04 😆

Whoops. Mistyped
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 7 of 44
Jump to: