Is Andre Iquodala to Lakers the last addition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

i like Iggy but man he's being overrated to the extreme now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
i like Iggy but man he's being overrated to the extreme now.

He’s just someone we need desperately on the team. And not getting him and landing on the Clips would be a double insult.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

The Nash trade was a disaster and the Howard trade an abject failure. It's doubtful that either deal would've been made had the organization not been under the gun of trying to beat Dr. Buss' impending death.

The assets lost - Bynum, four 1st rounders (later downgraded to two 1sts and two 2nds) - were significant to an aging team, especially when coupled with some other capspace freeing moves (Sasha and a 2011 1st to NJ, Fisher and a 2014 1st to Houston, Walton, a 2012 1st and a 2013 1st to Cleveland).

I don't agree with a lot of this. I think it's mostly easy hindsight thinking that doesn't mesh with the real situation at the time.

Nash was older but he was coming off an all-star season. We overpaid for him a little, but he was a sensible acquisition. He just got hurt. None of the four guys who were drafted (3 at low spots) stayed in the league long.

Howard is another deal to criticize in hindsight, but at the time it looked like a great deal. You're talking about a guy who finished #2 in MVP voting just two years before we got him.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

The Clippers don't pay premiums on the margins, they extract them. Harkless+ would be an overpay, especially if you're talking about something like Robinson.

IMO the market is built around what saves Memphis the most money, with a buyout being an option in that structure. Dallas could trade Courtney Lee for Iguodala which might save Memphis more than what Iguodala would be willing to surrender. Toronto could do Powell and a couple filler contracts to give the same current year savings, while giving Memphis a rotation player on a decent contract going forward.

Memphis still has a good amount of time.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

If we were to get Iggy, who gets cut? Cousins or Daniels?

McGee/Dwight
AD/Kuzma/Dudley
LeBron/Iggy/THT
Green/KCP/Q.Cook
Bradley/Caruso/Rondo

Would be a big minute crunch. A lot of guys wanting/deserving minutes.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

McGee/Dwight
AD/Kuzma/Dudley
LeBron/Iggy/THT
Green/KCP/Q.Cook
Bradley/Caruso/Rondo

That is a solid team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

McGee/Dwight
AD/Kuzma/Dudley
LeBron/Iggy/THT
Green/KCP/Q.Cook
Bradley/Caruso/Rondo

Probably Boogie.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

McGee/Dwight
AD/Kuzma/Dudley
LeBron/Iggy/THT
Green/KCP/Q.Cook
Bradley/Caruso/Rondo

That is a solid team.

I totally forgot that Dudley is on this team
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

McGee/Dwight
AD/Kuzma/Dudley
LeBron/Iggy/THT
Green/KCP/Q.Cook
Bradley/Caruso/Rondo

Probably Boogie.

Waiting for a buyout player like Iggy to become available before cutting Boogie is a good optics move.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

The Nash trade was a disaster and the Howard trade an abject failure. It's doubtful that either deal would've been made had the organization not been under the gun of trying to beat Dr. Buss' impending death.

The assets lost - Bynum, four 1st rounders (later downgraded to two 1sts and two 2nds) - were significant to an aging team, especially when coupled with some other capspace freeing moves (Sasha and a 2011 1st to NJ, Fisher and a 2014 1st to Houston, Walton, a 2012 1st and a 2013 1st to Cleveland).

I don't agree with a lot of this. I think it's mostly easy hindsight thinking that doesn't mesh with the real situation at the time.

Nash was older but he was coming off an all-star season. We overpaid for him a little, but he was a sensible acquisition. He just got hurt. None of the four guys who were drafted (3 at low spots) stayed in the league long.

Howard is another deal to criticize in hindsight, but at the time it looked like a great deal. You're talking about a guy who finished #2 in MVP voting just two years before we got him.
100% this is mostly hindsight. At the time, I believe most of us were guaranteeing a chip and were ecstatic with the trade and signing.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

100% this is mostly hindsight. At the time, I believe most of us were guaranteeing a chip and were ecstatic with the trade and signing.

Choosing MDA over Phil to coach a team with Kobe, Pau, and Dwight was stupid, even in the moment.
But I don't have problems with the roster decisions made.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

McGee/Dwight
AD/Kuzma/Dudley
LeBron/Iggy/THT
Green/KCP/Q.Cook
Bradley/Caruso/Rondo

McGee (18) | Dwight (18) | Davis (12)
Davis (20) | Kuzma (28)
LeBron (30) | Iggy (18)
Green (30) | KCP (18)
Bradley (22) | Cook (12) | Caruso (12)

+ Rondo, Dudley, Daniels,

I think, assuming we could sign Iggy, that is more or less how it breaks down. The one spot I think I could be dead wrong on is PG. I can't imagine Rondo getting DNP's but I just think Cook and Caruso are good options and better fits. Perhaps Rondo gets big bench mins and Cook and AC end up with the DNP's... who knows.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

Will Iguodala be the first Finals MVP to not make the Hall of Fame? (Or will that be Tony Parker?)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Will Iguodala be the first Finals MVP to not make the Hall of Fame? (Or will that be Tony Parker?)

Parker will likely get it counting his international ball contributions I think.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Parker will likely get it counting his international ball contributions I think.

According to BasketballReference, Tony Parker has a 94% chance of making the HOF. Chauncey Billups, another Finals MVP (2004), has an 84% chance. Iggy only has a 6% chance.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

Cedric Maxwell, though, is probably the first Finals MVP (1981) to not be inducted into the Basketball HOF (<1%). Iguodala will likely be the second.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

According to BasketballReference, Tony Parker has a 94% chance of making the HOF. Chauncey Billups, another Finals MVP (2004), has an 84% chance. Iggy only has a 6% chance.

Cedric Maxwell, though, is probably the first Finals MVP (1981) to not be inducted into the Basketball HOF (<1%). Iguodala will likely be the second.

Is Billups a HOF level player independent of his Finals MVP?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Is Billups a HOF level player independent of his Finals MVP?

5 all-star appearances, 3 all-NBA teams, and a couple of seasons where he finished 6th and 7th in MVP voting makes him a borderline Hall of Famer to me.

His credentials are better than Iggy's.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Grizzlies expect Iguodala in camp
NBA Twitter and media reports

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/09/09/report-grizzlies-expect-iguodala-camp
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Finals MVP, multiple all stars, Olympic gold medalist.

He won't make first ballot, but I'd say he's a lock to make it in.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

The Dwight trade is one you always make given his track record at the time. Multiple time all-star, DPOY. Bynum showed potential, but was always a huge question mark health-wise, and mentally.

Even though Dwight left, it was still a great trade in hindsight because we would have likely given Bynum a max deal and we would have been stuck with him collecting checks while he went bowling. He was out of the league after 2 years. While the team continued downward, that was still a huge bullet dodged.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

The first (and only right now) is Cedric Maxwell, who was finals MVP in 1981. He retired 31 years ago. Don't think he's ever made the H of F shortlist.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Finals MVP, multiple all stars, Olympic gold medalist.

He won't make first ballot, but I'd say he's a lock to make it in.

I expect him to be a first ballot Hall of Famer in 2023 along with Dirk and Wade.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Yup- you can't conflate the Howard and the Nash trades. Nash trade ended up very badly. The Howard trade was a wash as Bynum hardly played after the trade,
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/d6jkz8/charania_rockets_are_no_longer_able_to_use_nenes/

Still hope. Nene’s incentivized contract was denied by the league and NBA PA. Hilarious because CP3 is the president and Iggy is the Vice President of the NBA PA.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Grizzlies expect Iguodala in camp
NBA Twitter and media reports

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/09/09/report-grizzlies-expect-iguodala-camp

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-andre-iguodala-grizzlies-reach-225733016.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: